BeneFit Cosmetics Badgal Waterproof Eyeliner

3.6

on 2/20/2010 9:03:00 PM

Skin: Combination, Olive, Warm

BeneFit is so hit or miss so when I bought this product having ran out of my usual eyeliner, I didn't expect mircales. I'd always struggled to find an eyeliner which wouldn't melt away in the space of an hour and I have to say this really did impress. It's the best pencil I've ever used. It glides on so easily and the sponge smudger is very handy. It doesn't stay on perfectly all day/night but with khol eyeliners I think that's almost impossible anyway. It does last a good amount of time and it also comes off easily when you want it to unlike some other waterproof products. I'd definitely recommend it and I use it almost every day so I'll be buying another when this one runs out!

on 2/17/2010 2:12:00 AM

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Warm

The wearability on oily lids is not fantastic.
This is definetely not a wear and go eyeliner if your lids are oily.
When I wore this alone, my bottom and upper eyelined areas both smudged.
With primer on, my bottom STILL smudged, faded off waterline.
The upper lash line was a bit better.
It wasn't the blackest black for me (compared to mac feline), but it was okay.
The smudger was quite useless for me.
The packaging is cuter than a normal pencil, but.. I'm considering to return this since everyone said it wouldn't smudge off, but it does on me.

Everyone's eyes are different, but when I applied this on my bottom waterline, it hurt my eye. Other pencils do not ever do that. Ever.

I find that MAC's powerpoint is a better price comparison for a very similar product.

on 2/14/2010 5:32:00 PM

Skin: Normal, Fair, Warm

Hair: Brown, Curly, Coarse

I got this for Christmas. I didn't ask for it, but it was a very nice surprise.

The colour is very black but can be used to gradually build up colour- I use it lightly every day for a more subtle look and then build up some more to go out in the evening.

I find it is smudge free (unless I start rubbing my eyes, that is!) but I don't know how waterproof it is. I wear it with Bad Gal Lash Waterproof and that ends up running down my face if my eyes tear up for any reason. So I can't really tell if this is waterproof or not.

Also, I've found it doesn't sharpen very well- it tends to go to a flat end rather than a point, and it gets loose easily. Finally, the bit on the end of the pencil... I assume it is for smudging the eyeliner into a smoky look but this doesn't work at all. It just hurts my eyes. Still, at least the eyeliner doesn't smudge easily!

All in all though, I do love Bad Gal eyeliner and fully intend to buy it again.

on 2/6/2010 4:44:00 AM

This is my HG black eyeliner. The color is a true black, very dark. The eyeliner has an almost creamy consistency, it applies quite thick even when you're not applying much pressure. I apply a little bit and then smoke it out a little with the smudge tip, it smokes out quite nicely without fading the color. True to its name, it's waterproof and survives almost anything. The only drag and the reason why I took off a lippie is because it's so damn hard to remove completely. I bet if I scrubbed hard enough at my eyes I could take it all off but because I don't want premature eye wrinkles I have to be patient and use gentle strokes with a cotton pad dipped in makeup remover. And even then I don't get all of it off, I can still see traces of it between my eyelashes.

on 2/2/2010 3:49:00 AM

THIS IS THE STANDARD BAD GAL PENCIL NOT THE WATERPROOF VERSION!!!! Love the color of this eyeliner and how the pencil easily glides onto the eye, it is a jumbo pencil if your into that sort of thing, however the eyeliner smears easily for me and didnt stay on my waterline or top lid without smudging, for the price of this pencil i will not be purchasing again as drugstore pencils do just as good of a job if not better for a fraction of the price

I wore it on my upper lashline for more than 12 hours and it didn't smudge much. It lasts on me. I cried and it also din smudge. Amazing.

on 1/19/2010 11:22:00 AM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Warm

Hair: Brown, Curly, Medium

Waterproof? More like hard to remove proof. It smeared under my eyes, wasn't as nice as the origional Badgal Lash and was a pain to remove. The brush is also very small. And as with all Benefit Mascaras it irritated my eyes.

I usually use the normal badgal lash but last time i went to buy one i thought i'd try this one. Mistake! Unlike the huge brush you get with the original badgal lash, you get a tiny brush that doesn't get many lashes at once. Also, the product is a lot more gloopy and prone to clumping. When i tried to take this off with my normal eye make up remover it took ages to get it all off. Stick to the original badgal lash!!

on 1/6/2010 6:27:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Medium, Not Sure

I use this eyeliner to line my upper eyes UNDER my lashes. I push the liner up under my lashes from the bottom to the top. It gives the appearance of a dark lash line, but more natural than a eyeliner look. I love this technique because there is never a space between the lash line and the eyelid. To make this work correctly you need a very dark, smooth eyeliner. This does the trick, and now, eight hours since I first applied it, after working all day and taking a walk at lunch, it still looks great. I have sensitive eyes, and it does not irritate. I would definitely repurchase.

on 12/21/2009 9:35:00 AM

Amazing eyeliner. I had originally purchased the first Badgal kohl linger, the chunky stick, and was a little nervous about this new kind (I don't know if it was discontinued but my pharmacy only carried the waterproof). Anyway, I love the new thinner stick, and the smudger at the end is a nice touch. This is a superior product that will give you a gorgeous, rich, smoky and sexy black line that I cannot compare to any other product I've tried (although MAC fluid line has been a close runner up in the past). It's not cheap ($26 here in Canada) but well worth it in my opinion.

Top Rated BeneFit Cosmetics Products