December 18, 2014 | 1319 users online

Cleansers - Burt's Bees - Natural Acne Solutions - Purifying Gel Cleanser

rated 4 of 5 on 3/13/2011 5:10:00 PM More reviews by saamvc

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Green

I have dry skin and LOVE that this cleanser does not dry it out any further. I think it does a great job preventing and clearing my acne. I still get acne occasionally but they're not as large or noticeable as before.

The only negative I have is the smell -its pretty awful. Overall it is a great product and I would repurchase.

rated 4 of 5 on 3/11/2011 9:33:00 AM More reviews by mewibelly

Age: 19-24 Skin: Oily, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I'm using this cleanser for a month now, together with the Burt's bees acne solutions toner and spot target treatment.

Initial reaction:
During the first week, my face actually got filled with tiny red bumps. I was afraid that I'm allergic with the product. I hoped that it was just a normal skin reaction in using a product or changing soaps/cleansers. I WAS SO GLAD I CONTINUED USING IT!

Cleansing power:
It cleanses pretty well! It removes dirt and makeup (foundation, eye makeup, blush). I use a toner afterwards and there's (almost) no sign of dirt on the cotton ball after I use this cleanser

Acne prevention and cure:
My huge pimples went away and my face is now clear from acne. It does prevent and cure acne. Although, huge cystic acne are hard to dry, they do dry faster with this cleanser, if used together with the toner and spot treatment. :)

Plus:
I actually like the smell. And my face really feels NICE and SOFT after I use this, in contrast with other acne treatment products which make your face dry. As to the Burt's bees acne cleanser, your skin will be left with a moisturizing and glowing effect.

rated 4 of 5 on 3/8/2011 8:52:00 AM More reviews by sarahsic

I started using this product a week ago and have noticed a difference right away. I even got a compliment (which I never get about my skin). My face just has a radiance (which sounds so hokey I know). I noticed a difference after the first time I used it - it just looked cleaner. I will update after a few more weeks to see if the results change.

rated 4 of 5 on 2/22/2011 8:21:00 PM More reviews by daisyb

Age: 30-35 Skin: Oily, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

I have super oily skin, and I didn't develop acne until I was about 24. I've been to the dermatologist and have tried a ton of different topical treatments. The ones that worked for a little while was Finacea and Clindagel. I tried Proactiv and had a horrible allergic reaction--I'm allergic to sulfa, and I think that was in there (not sure if it was in the new or old formula). Anyway, I found a trial size of this along with the moisturizer and spot treatment on sale at a discount store and figured I would give it a try. VERY GLAD I did.

My skin is much less oily--really the only thing that has gotten it this matte in years. I was nervous about the strength of the cleanser since I have sensitive skin, but my skin doesn't feel too tight. I love that it's natural, and as an added bonus, it doesn't stain towels or clothes like acne cleansers that aren't natural.

I mainly get pimples on my chin, so I'm thinking it's hormonal and thus the reason why this cleanser hasn't completely eradicated my pimples. But it definitely helps.

rated 4 of 5 on 2/16/2011 4:48:00 PM More reviews by clarkesac1985

I was using Proactiv for over four months and was sold on it being the only skin care system that I would ever use again - but it did cause extreme dryness, redness and would be costly in the long run.

I was turned onto to the cleanser but was very hesitant about giving up my Proactive Renewal Cleanser but I am very glad I made the switch to something more natural. I wasn't sure if the ingredients in the Burt's Bees cleanser would be able to match that of the proactiv, but I must say I am pleasantly surprised. It won't "cure" acne, but it will help with it - that can be said of any of the products we try.

My skin does feel like it is healthy and that I have a more natural radiance to it. I am using the entire line of the acne solutions and use small amounts at a time to see how my skin feels. I typically suffer from whiteheads and the odd cystic pimple, but overall this hasn't increased them and did help with the ones that I did have when I begun using the product. I felt like they helped to "dry" out the bacterial but also soothe the skin.

I use a tiny amount and find that it goes a long way if you lather it up in your hands. My skin has felt better in the week and a bit that I have been using it. I feel like I don't have to worry about dryness or the irritation that I would sometimes get with the Proactiv system.

The other pro to this line is that it is organic and friendly to your skin and the environment (and the animals!)

The smell is something that others find to be unpleasant but it is refreshing. It doesn't bother me when I use it for the 5 minutes total it spends on my face per day.

It is comparable in price to any other brand of acne cleansers that are available on the market and can be easily purchased at Walmart, Shopper's Drug Mart or any health food store.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 2/6/2011 5:37:00 PM More reviews by nicole33

Age: 36-43 Skin: Acne-prone, Other, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

I LOVE this cleaser and the entire acne line from Burt's Bees. It has helped me so much.. I am just thrilled.

I am 41 and have been fighting acne since I was 13 so I have tried everything. I am using this in conjunction with the daily moisturising lotion and the herbal blemish stick and together I honestly can't believe how clear my skin is after 2 days! I am still healing some breakouts but nothing new in 2 days since I started which is a miracle.

My skin feels slightly tight after I use this if I don't put the moisturiser on but as soon as I put the moisturiser on my skin feels great. It is a bit runny but nothing bothersome.

rated 2 of 5 on 2/3/2011 5:47:00 PM More reviews by MaiTy

This makes my t-zone start pumping oil like crazy. I wake up with much oilier skin when I use this (I have combo acne prone skin). I used the whole BB Acne Solutions regimen and found that It made my skin MUCH WORSE.

rated 4 of 5 on 2/2/2011 12:43:00 PM More reviews by ruikosakuragi

Age: 19-24 Skin: Oily, Medium, Warm Hair: Black, Straight, Medium Eyes: Brown

This product is watery and it's kinda hard to squeeze the bottle because the plastic is so thick. But other than that, this cleanser takes off my makeup and doesn't make my skin feel dry or tight. I can last 15 minutes without a moisturizer, so that's a good thing.

rated 1 of 5 on 1/29/2011 1:01:00 PM More reviews by smartmakeupshopper

Age: 19-24 Skin: Acne-prone, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Green

Despite many good reviews, I should have investigated the ingredients before using this. After one use, it made me breakout all over lower half of both cheeks (where I never normally break out). Those with very sensitive, extremely acne-prone skin, beware! I let my guard down because burts bees is an all-natural brand and I enjoy many of their other products but got horrifying results. Needless to say, I discontinued use immediately and my cheek acne slowly healed (rest of acne is still around unfortunately). The search for "good" skincare products continues!

rated 2 of 5 top reviewer on 1/29/2011 12:49:00 PM More reviews by summerrain1994

I didn't like this product at all - first of all it really isn't a "gel". It's super watery and I found, because of that, it was very hard to use.
It didn't help with my acne and the bottle was gone in less than a month. I also didn't enjoy the smell.