November 27, 2014 | 1475 users online

Misc Beauty Tools - tria - Laser Hair Removal System

rated 4 of 5 on 4/25/2011 12:56:00 PM More reviews by leeleek

Age: 36-43 Skin: Oily, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

I have only used my Tria once so far, so I am only reviewing my initial experience, not overall effectiveness. I have the newest version with a longer lasting and quick charging battery. On highest setting, level 5, I completed ankle to knee on one leg on one charge. Another charge for other leg, and a third charge for underarms and entire bikini area (full monty). I could only tolerate level 3 for underarms and bikini, but plan to suffer through level 4 for next treatment session.
The pain is very tolerable, feels like intense heat while the laser is doing its thing, and immediately subsides. Did not feel at all like a rubber band snap, and was grateful for that. My skin was warm to the touch after treatment. I have read some recommend doing while watching TV; impossible when you're trying to keep track of where you've lasered, but it went quickly and easily.
Started first section in late afternoon, then set Tria to recharge while I did other stuff, and lasered again when charged. Didn't feel like an all day chore, but helped that I was busy around the house anyway.
Can't wait for 2 weeks to pass for 2nd treatment- anxious to see results.
BTW- new version has 3 month money back guarantee, so if I don't see results by then, I can return for full refund.
I'll update when I've done a few more treatments, and can (hopefully) report good results.

rated 3 of 5 on 4/15/2011 8:32:00 PM More reviews by beautywise

It is really nice to read all of these reviews on the Tria Laser and so helpful. For those who posted on here that you will update on your progress, let me know how you are doing now and if you are seeing results. I just found out about this Tria Laser from the infomercial and it is expensive. I do want to use it on the face.
I wonder if anyone would be interested in sharing their laser or if I buy one to go in half with someone or 3 ways? Being we use it every other week, that can be possible. This is just a thought. Let me know if interested and those of you who posted please let me know how the results are looking.
Does the area get red after the treatment and is the face really red afterwards and for how long, for those that are using it on the face?
The woman who had the problems with customer service. Thank you for posting that. Very helpful.

rated 3 of 5 on 3/12/2011 3:12:00 PM More reviews by lulabellabeauty

Ok so this is only a preliminary review. I have only used this for one month so I don't know if it's effective, but I will update as I continue using.
I have noticed that this is very painful compared to laser hair done at the dr's or a salon. I had professional laser hair removal done on my face with fantastic results. It took 4 treatments to have a 90% reduction. But, over the course of three years and plucking, the hair all grew back. Lesson learned. DO NOT pluck after having laser hair. Either get touch ups or shave. It will cause regrowth as I believe plucking stimulates hair to grow, especially on the face.
Anyway, I wanted to use this on my face and figured that having laser on my whole body would be an exciting bonus. I was not expecting however that when you zap the hair, it doesn't shed within the next few days like with professional laser treatments. There's no way of knowing if it's doing anything. I have never shaved my face and have been doing just that in hopes of this device working.
The amount of time this takes is also exhausting. I found that my device holds a charge for only a half hour. Enough time to do my face and underarms, which is all I have been doing so far. I tried my bikini area and it was super painful, even on a level one (I have very coarse, thick dense black hair, that is never smooth when I shave and I can't shave against the hair because the irritation is so terrible) I can only use on a level 3 on my underarms and even that is still pretty painful (again, very thick dark coarse underarm hair that when shaved is still visible) I have the ideal skin and hair type for this device so I am hoping that this will work for me. I imagine that the pain is a good indication that it will work since my hair is so thick and dark. I am able to tolerate a high setting on the face in some areas where the hair isn't so thick.
On a level five, it feels like I'm literally burning my self. Not just a quick snap or prick, but like an actual burn. There is no resulting burn, but I wanted to give those out there a sense of how painful this is if your hair is as thick as mine.
Again, I had professional treatments which weren't nearly as painful.
Also, I tolerate waxing just fine and plucking my hairs without any problems. So my pain tolerance is medium to high. So if you can't take pain, I would def. not recommend this device at all. I literally wanted to cry when I used it down you know where. I will be using numbing cream if and when I decided to do the bikini area again. But, I want to see if this actually works before I invest that kind of time and pain.
Update: So I was frustrated today about leaving hair on my face for the whole world to see that I decided I couldn't take it anymore and started plucking the hair, only to discover that the hairs were just falling right out!! And, there was less hair than a few days ago. (I'm assuming it's because hair fell out!) I was so excited and happy that this happened since I almost gave up on the process!! To actually see results was truly amazing!! Now, I know it's still early, but I am very hopeful that this is going to work better than expected (except for the discomfort). I've also been using the device every week just in case.

7 out of 8 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 1 of 5 on 2/28/2011 10:58:00 PM More reviews by lucyfurr

Age: 25-29 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Warm Hair: Red, Straight, Medium Eyes: Hazel

It just doesn't work :-/ to sum it up

Really tried to make it work for me, have light skin and dark hair, gave it plenty of time to take effect. about 6 treatments in underarm area over the course of 6 months and there is no permanent reduction.
Pros: I'd like to say it worked at least somewhat in any place I used it, but that would be a lie.
Cons: Very expensive
Pretty much ineffective
Takes forever to cover even a small area of hair.

Stick to salon laser, I guess... even though that costs even more, at least you know it's going to work. I feel very much cheated out of my money and time

4 out of 6 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 1 of 5 on 2/25/2011 10:46:00 AM More reviews by camalley

The Tria is a very expensive laser unit. I have used it but with no success that I am aware of. Recently my battery stopped charging and when I contacted the suppliers, there was no worthwhile assistance. There is nothing they can do about it. So all that money down the drain. I would not recommened this unit...and if you do decide to buy it, just know, there will be no help, no spare parts provided, or repair services for the unit- this is there comments. (the warranty only covers the first year - in which, of course, nothing will go wrong with the unit.) Dont waste you money! I spent alot of money on the tria, got nothing out of it and now, after it broken, its useless!

8 out of 8 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 on 1/17/2011 3:12:00 PM More reviews by bholland

Age: 44-55 Skin: Combination, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Green

I've been thinking about getting the Tria laser for about 6 months. It gets better reviews than the Epi IPL tool. The price has kept me at bay, but just before Christmas I received an email from Tria with a $200 off code! So I went for it, my Tria only cost me $295.

My first treatments were underarm and feet. I have an Italian/Basque heritage, so I have pale skin and I am COVERED in dark hair. I've had professional laser treatments on my bikini line (about 10 years ago and it was only 3 treatments for $1,000) That was extremely painful, and only mildly successful. I recently had professional laser treatments on my neck (hairline) and upper lip. These cost about $800 for 8 treatments. VERY successful.

Now, back to the Tria experience. I am only able to go up to a level 3 on my underarms and I use a level 5 on my feet. Toes are a bit tricky because the machine has to have three points touch your skin - what I do on my toes is squish them together and then the Tria will laser. I've completed about 4 treatments on my feet and three on my underarms. HUGE difference! I used to have to shave every other day (probably could have done it every day) and now I can go several days and not be totally embarrassed.

So, I've started on my lower legs and bikini line. I cannot go any higher than a level 3 on those areas. But you sort of get used to the pain after awhile.

I agree, it's a small head, and it's hard to remember where you've lasered. But I am so happy with the results so far, that I will keep at it. I usually pick a weekend day to do the lasering, and I have to charge it up about 4 times to do my lower legs, one charge will do my underarms and a little of the belly. So it really is an all day project!

Biggest thing I've noticed about my lower legs is that after only two treatments, the stubble that grows back is finer. I haven't shaved my legs in years, I have epilated, because when I shaved the day two stubble was too harsh and prickly. Now only after two treatments, I have stubble that is soft and not prickly. Amazing.

I really like that there isn't a button you have to push each time, you laser. It's super easy. I'm super happy with my purchase and will give an update after a couple of months.

5 out of 5 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 3 of 5 on 1/15/2011 9:55:00 PM More reviews by frencheese

Age: 30-35 Skin: Acne-prone, Tan, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I've had the Tria Laser for about 10 months now although I don't use it regularly and I think I've only done 5 treatments on my legs and underarms. This is because it takes absolutely forever just to do one small section of your legs properly and it will give you a crick in the neck. The charge only lasts for 45 minutes and then you have to recharge. I think I can get through 1/2 a leg in that amount of time and it is boring and uncomfortable. It's hard to tell where you've already zapped so I just imagine lines on my leg and try to do it in sections. I do think I have fewer hairs and that's about all the results you can expect from 5 mind-numbing treatments. It apparently will take 8-10 treatments for complete hairlessness.

In all I think this product works and is worth the money as long as you are willing to spend a lot of time at it. However, I only gave this product 3 stars based on the absolutely horrible experience I had with their "billing department" which was actually some fly-by-night collection agency based in India/Pakistan. Whatever you do if you want to buy this product direct from the company, DO NOT CHOOSE THE EASY PAY OPTION. At the time I thought it was worth an extra $50 (raising the price from $500 to $550 I believe) to spread the payments out. I was so very, very wrong. I paid the first $250? payment and the next payment of $50 was scheduled to to charge to the CC on the 8th of the next month. Apparently there was an error when they tried to charge the card. Did they send a polite email about the issue? Absolutely not - they immediately turned the account over to their "billing department." Since that CC is in my fiance's name, some rude foreign guy immediately started to ring his cell phone (Google Voice #) off the hook the next day from some strange 800 number. He finally answered even though he was at the office and very busy. The bill collector demanded another CC number from my fiance and in his confusion my fiance gave him a new CC number. He called me about the issue immediately and I was instantly alarmed about him giving a CC number to some strange foreign bill collection agency. I got the phone number from my fiance and called up the "billing department" immediately and I told them that that CC number (which was a business CC) was private information and to delete it from their system, and that there was absolutely nothing wrong with the CC number I had already given them as I had just used it a couple of hours before at the supermarket. They refused to delete the CC number from their system. They (a woman this time and her manager) were extremely rude, accusatory, and unintelligent. I explained that there must be some error in their billing system as I used that card every day and it certainly would not be denied for $50. They rudely treated as though I was some kind of non-bill paying swindler. I informed them that I was going to put a hold on that business card so that they could not charge anything to it and that I would call the company directly to pay the bill. They only became ruder and by this point I was very angry. I called up the CC company to put a hold on the card and it turns out that a security flag had already been issued as some online dating service was trying to charge to the business card!! I then tried to find a number for Tria Beauty so that I could pay the bill. NOWHERE on their website or online could I find a phone number. Meanwhile the scummy bill collection agency continued their constant harrassing phone calls even though I had specifically told them not to contact us by phone (which is against federal law not that some fly-by-night Indian outfit cares). Luckily, I of course had provided our Google Voice number and was able to block the calls. The next day I found the original pamphlet the company had sent me in my "user manual drawer" and it had phone number on the back. I called Tria Beauty customer service and got a pleasant woman with an American accent on the phone. I informed her of the situation and told her I would only pay them directly for the remaining balance, and to immediately pull our account from the collection agency. I informed her that it wasn't a good business practice when your target audience is upper class women to have some scummy foreign bill collector harrass and insult them. She seemed perturbed by my story and promised that she would immediately contact them. I then paid the entire balance of the account with the debit card (which is the original CC that supposedly didn't work 2 days before). Obviously the card was working fine and I was put through hell by this company for no good reason. I almost put a hold on the debit card but I crossed my fingers that the CC number had been removed from the scummy companies system when they entered the new CC number. Some manager from Tria called and left a message wanting to know about my experience. I sure as heck didn't call them back as they had already wasted enough of my time as well as my fiances time. I was extremely annoyed by the fact that in the end there was absolutely nothing wrong with the debit card. Even when it is your fault, all the companies I've dealt with send you a polite email or letter asking for updated CC info. I've never before in my life had such a horrible experience with a billing department.

So if I could rate the company separate from the product I would rate the company a "0" and the product a "4."

rated 2 of 5 top reviewer on 1/10/2011 7:57:00 AM More reviews by Shakeitdontbreakit

Age: 36-43 Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Black, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Brown

For those of you looking for a quick wham-bam-thank-you-ma'am type of review-keep moving along. Not only from this review but from the product itself. This mofo takes some serious time and patience.

Let's start with the basics: looks like a hair dryer, but instead of an air vent there is a dime-sized "laser" thingie. DIME sized.

Now they tell you NOT to use on face or bikini area. They go on to explain the process of going over the LEG (ha!) area several times while overlapping dime sized applications and doing this weekly (or less) for several weeks before you START to notice a difference.

Okay. A few things: A. I'm not going to live this long B. I don't WANT to live this long if this is what my quality of life will be reduced to. and C. REALLY??

Bitches, please. (That's the bitches at Tria, not my fellow and much treasured MUA'ers.) I'm not sure if they even go into why we shouldn't be using this on our faces and -ahem-other areas, but they have to be smoking some serious shit to expect me to spend a significant portion of my valuable time painstakingly "zapping" the hair on my legs one quarter inch at a time.

And unless they come at me with some real solid reasons not to use this where I want to (my face, my bikini), like "coma, death, bloody bowel movements and the urgency to have them" I'm going for it. And I did.

Here's what I have discovered: In order to insure that progress is being made, one must wait until there is enough stubble that the hair in question can be seen and grabbed by a tweezer. Then you gotta zap that hair mercilessly until it comes right out with just the slightest provocation from the above mentioned tweezer. If it puts up a fight, zap it a gain. And again. This is an - at maximum- 4 hair-at-a-time procedure but I do think it works.
I got it on easy pay or something like that from one of the many fine home shopping channels available to us during these magical times.

If you can get a deal like that (or not-totally your choice obviously) and you have stray hairs that sneak up on you - particularly your chin or upper lip, say go for it. Take a pain killer if you want to up the ante but don't like the ouch.

I spend about 80 bucks on Brazilian bikini waxes and have started the process down there. It seems to be working much to the chagrin of my beloved waxer.

02/14/12 UPDATE: OK people: I have come to the conclusion that this thing just isn't worth the time/money/....no, that's it. Time and money.
I gave it a fair chance and also lent it to two friends. One of them decided to go to a professional and NOW I see how laser is SUPPOSED to work. I know it's a lot more expensive, but after seeing the results I'm thinking the Tria was 400 bucks down the rat hole. 400 bucks better spent on the real deal.

23 out of 28 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 1 of 5 on 1/6/2011 3:28:00 PM More reviews by kahassen

Age: Unknown Skin: Other, Other, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Other

The TRIA was more painful and less effective than laser hair removal from a dermotologist/spa office. The cost suckered me in, but after a couple of uses I could see this was definitely not as effective. I would not recommend this product. total scam

5 out of 7 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 4 of 5 on 12/23/2010 9:45:00 AM More reviews by MaddyLanechange

Age: 25-29 Skin: Very Dry, Other, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Green

I've been researching Tria for a while and finally decided to buy it. I'm glad I waited because when I first looked into it, it was $900 and I just paid $500 with shipping and taxes/duty to Canada. That's a big difference. I have brown hair and fair skin.
Here's what I've done so far. I had to call Triabeauty customer service to activate my laser. Quick and easy - took 5 minutes. My laser came charged. It's really easy to turn it on, just follow the easy steps. I shaved my legs and pat them dry. The laser battery lasts 30 minutes so I managed to do one leg in one treatment. It takes approx. 3 hours to charge so I put it away for the night and did the second treatment this morning, my other leg. During the first treatment I was playing around with the settings. My laser has 5 settings and I mostly used it on level 3 because 4&5 were painful. This morning when I did my other leg, I used level 5 on the whole leg and it was a bit uncomfortable in some spots (where I have thicker hair) but not really painful so I think that I was just being a wuss last night. I'm going to try to use it on level 5 from now on. My plan for this evening is to do my underarms. I'm trying to be patient and take my time moving the laser making sure I cover all areas to avoid patchy hair growth. I'm looking forward to seeing the results although I know I won't see them for a while. I will keep you updated.
I'm keeping track of all my treatments so that I don't miss any. I will be following the Triabeauty recommendations. Every 2 weeks for the first 3 months and then 1x month for the next 2-5 months. I HOPE the results are permanent. I'm going to keep my fingers crossed!
Check back soon.