September 2, 2014 | 1043 users online

Misc Beauty Tools - tria - Laser Hair Removal System

rated 1 of 5 on 2/28/2011 10:58:00 PM More reviews by lucyfurr

Age: 25-29 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Warm Hair: Red, Straight, Medium Eyes: Hazel

It just doesn't work :-/ to sum it up

Really tried to make it work for me, have light skin and dark hair, gave it plenty of time to take effect. about 6 treatments in underarm area over the course of 6 months and there is no permanent reduction.
Pros: I'd like to say it worked at least somewhat in any place I used it, but that would be a lie.
Cons: Very expensive
Pretty much ineffective
Takes forever to cover even a small area of hair.

Stick to salon laser, I guess... even though that costs even more, at least you know it's going to work. I feel very much cheated out of my money and time

4 out of 6 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 1 of 5 on 2/25/2011 10:46:00 AM More reviews by camalley

The Tria is a very expensive laser unit. I have used it but with no success that I am aware of. Recently my battery stopped charging and when I contacted the suppliers, there was no worthwhile assistance. There is nothing they can do about it. So all that money down the drain. I would not recommened this unit...and if you do decide to buy it, just know, there will be no help, no spare parts provided, or repair services for the unit- this is there comments. (the warranty only covers the first year - in which, of course, nothing will go wrong with the unit.) Dont waste you money! I spent alot of money on the tria, got nothing out of it and now, after it broken, its useless!

8 out of 8 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 on 1/17/2011 3:12:00 PM More reviews by bholland

Age: 44-55 Skin: Combination, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Green

I've been thinking about getting the Tria laser for about 6 months. It gets better reviews than the Epi IPL tool. The price has kept me at bay, but just before Christmas I received an email from Tria with a $200 off code! So I went for it, my Tria only cost me $295.

My first treatments were underarm and feet. I have an Italian/Basque heritage, so I have pale skin and I am COVERED in dark hair. I've had professional laser treatments on my bikini line (about 10 years ago and it was only 3 treatments for $1,000) That was extremely painful, and only mildly successful. I recently had professional laser treatments on my neck (hairline) and upper lip. These cost about $800 for 8 treatments. VERY successful.

Now, back to the Tria experience. I am only able to go up to a level 3 on my underarms and I use a level 5 on my feet. Toes are a bit tricky because the machine has to have three points touch your skin - what I do on my toes is squish them together and then the Tria will laser. I've completed about 4 treatments on my feet and three on my underarms. HUGE difference! I used to have to shave every other day (probably could have done it every day) and now I can go several days and not be totally embarrassed.

So, I've started on my lower legs and bikini line. I cannot go any higher than a level 3 on those areas. But you sort of get used to the pain after awhile.

I agree, it's a small head, and it's hard to remember where you've lasered. But I am so happy with the results so far, that I will keep at it. I usually pick a weekend day to do the lasering, and I have to charge it up about 4 times to do my lower legs, one charge will do my underarms and a little of the belly. So it really is an all day project!

Biggest thing I've noticed about my lower legs is that after only two treatments, the stubble that grows back is finer. I haven't shaved my legs in years, I have epilated, because when I shaved the day two stubble was too harsh and prickly. Now only after two treatments, I have stubble that is soft and not prickly. Amazing.

I really like that there isn't a button you have to push each time, you laser. It's super easy. I'm super happy with my purchase and will give an update after a couple of months.

5 out of 5 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 3 of 5 on 1/15/2011 9:55:00 PM More reviews by frencheese

Age: 30-35 Skin: Acne-prone, Tan, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I've had the Tria Laser for about 10 months now although I don't use it regularly and I think I've only done 5 treatments on my legs and underarms. This is because it takes absolutely forever just to do one small section of your legs properly and it will give you a crick in the neck. The charge only lasts for 45 minutes and then you have to recharge. I think I can get through 1/2 a leg in that amount of time and it is boring and uncomfortable. It's hard to tell where you've already zapped so I just imagine lines on my leg and try to do it in sections. I do think I have fewer hairs and that's about all the results you can expect from 5 mind-numbing treatments. It apparently will take 8-10 treatments for complete hairlessness.

In all I think this product works and is worth the money as long as you are willing to spend a lot of time at it. However, I only gave this product 3 stars based on the absolutely horrible experience I had with their "billing department" which was actually some fly-by-night collection agency based in India/Pakistan. Whatever you do if you want to buy this product direct from the company, DO NOT CHOOSE THE EASY PAY OPTION. At the time I thought it was worth an extra $50 (raising the price from $500 to $550 I believe) to spread the payments out. I was so very, very wrong. I paid the first $250? payment and the next payment of $50 was scheduled to to charge to the CC on the 8th of the next month. Apparently there was an error when they tried to charge the card. Did they send a polite email about the issue? Absolutely not - they immediately turned the account over to their "billing department." Since that CC is in my fiance's name, some rude foreign guy immediately started to ring his cell phone (Google Voice #) off the hook the next day from some strange 800 number. He finally answered even though he was at the office and very busy. The bill collector demanded another CC number from my fiance and in his confusion my fiance gave him a new CC number. He called me about the issue immediately and I was instantly alarmed about him giving a CC number to some strange foreign bill collection agency. I got the phone number from my fiance and called up the "billing department" immediately and I told them that that CC number (which was a business CC) was private information and to delete it from their system, and that there was absolutely nothing wrong with the CC number I had already given them as I had just used it a couple of hours before at the supermarket. They refused to delete the CC number from their system. They (a woman this time and her manager) were extremely rude, accusatory, and unintelligent. I explained that there must be some error in their billing system as I used that card every day and it certainly would not be denied for $50. They rudely treated as though I was some kind of non-bill paying swindler. I informed them that I was going to put a hold on that business card so that they could not charge anything to it and that I would call the company directly to pay the bill. They only became ruder and by this point I was very angry. I called up the CC company to put a hold on the card and it turns out that a security flag had already been issued as some online dating service was trying to charge to the business card!! I then tried to find a number for Tria Beauty so that I could pay the bill. NOWHERE on their website or online could I find a phone number. Meanwhile the scummy bill collection agency continued their constant harrassing phone calls even though I had specifically told them not to contact us by phone (which is against federal law not that some fly-by-night Indian outfit cares). Luckily, I of course had provided our Google Voice number and was able to block the calls. The next day I found the original pamphlet the company had sent me in my "user manual drawer" and it had phone number on the back. I called Tria Beauty customer service and got a pleasant woman with an American accent on the phone. I informed her of the situation and told her I would only pay them directly for the remaining balance, and to immediately pull our account from the collection agency. I informed her that it wasn't a good business practice when your target audience is upper class women to have some scummy foreign bill collector harrass and insult them. She seemed perturbed by my story and promised that she would immediately contact them. I then paid the entire balance of the account with the debit card (which is the original CC that supposedly didn't work 2 days before). Obviously the card was working fine and I was put through hell by this company for no good reason. I almost put a hold on the debit card but I crossed my fingers that the CC number had been removed from the scummy companies system when they entered the new CC number. Some manager from Tria called and left a message wanting to know about my experience. I sure as heck didn't call them back as they had already wasted enough of my time as well as my fiances time. I was extremely annoyed by the fact that in the end there was absolutely nothing wrong with the debit card. Even when it is your fault, all the companies I've dealt with send you a polite email or letter asking for updated CC info. I've never before in my life had such a horrible experience with a billing department.

So if I could rate the company separate from the product I would rate the company a "0" and the product a "4."

rated 2 of 5 top reviewer on 1/10/2011 7:57:00 AM More reviews by Shakeitdontbreakit

Age: 36-43 Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Black, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Brown

For those of you looking for a quick wham-bam-thank-you-ma'am type of review-keep moving along. Not only from this review but from the product itself. This mofo takes some serious time and patience.

Let's start with the basics: looks like a hair dryer, but instead of an air vent there is a dime-sized "laser" thingie. DIME sized.

Now they tell you NOT to use on face or bikini area. They go on to explain the process of going over the LEG (ha!) area several times while overlapping dime sized applications and doing this weekly (or less) for several weeks before you START to notice a difference.

Okay. A few things: A. I'm not going to live this long B. I don't WANT to live this long if this is what my quality of life will be reduced to. and C. REALLY??

Bitches, please. (That's the bitches at Tria, not my fellow and much treasured MUA'ers.) I'm not sure if they even go into why we shouldn't be using this on our faces and -ahem-other areas, but they have to be smoking some serious shit to expect me to spend a significant portion of my valuable time painstakingly "zapping" the hair on my legs one quarter inch at a time.

And unless they come at me with some real solid reasons not to use this where I want to (my face, my bikini), like "coma, death, bloody bowel movements and the urgency to have them" I'm going for it. And I did.

Here's what I have discovered: In order to insure that progress is being made, one must wait until there is enough stubble that the hair in question can be seen and grabbed by a tweezer. Then you gotta zap that hair mercilessly until it comes right out with just the slightest provocation from the above mentioned tweezer. If it puts up a fight, zap it a gain. And again. This is an - at maximum- 4 hair-at-a-time procedure but I do think it works.
I got it on easy pay or something like that from one of the many fine home shopping channels available to us during these magical times.

If you can get a deal like that (or not-totally your choice obviously) and you have stray hairs that sneak up on you - particularly your chin or upper lip, say go for it. Take a pain killer if you want to up the ante but don't like the ouch.

I spend about 80 bucks on Brazilian bikini waxes and have started the process down there. It seems to be working much to the chagrin of my beloved waxer.

02/14/12 UPDATE: OK people: I have come to the conclusion that this thing just isn't worth the time/money/....no, that's it. Time and money.
I gave it a fair chance and also lent it to two friends. One of them decided to go to a professional and NOW I see how laser is SUPPOSED to work. I know it's a lot more expensive, but after seeing the results I'm thinking the Tria was 400 bucks down the rat hole. 400 bucks better spent on the real deal.

23 out of 28 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 1 of 5 on 1/6/2011 3:28:00 PM More reviews by kahassen

Age: Unknown Skin: Other, Other, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Other

The TRIA was more painful and less effective than laser hair removal from a dermotologist/spa office. The cost suckered me in, but after a couple of uses I could see this was definitely not as effective. I would not recommend this product. total scam

5 out of 7 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 4 of 5 on 12/23/2010 9:45:00 AM More reviews by MaddyLanechange

Age: 25-29 Skin: Very Dry, Other, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Green

I've been researching Tria for a while and finally decided to buy it. I'm glad I waited because when I first looked into it, it was $900 and I just paid $500 with shipping and taxes/duty to Canada. That's a big difference. I have brown hair and fair skin.
Here's what I've done so far. I had to call Triabeauty customer service to activate my laser. Quick and easy - took 5 minutes. My laser came charged. It's really easy to turn it on, just follow the easy steps. I shaved my legs and pat them dry. The laser battery lasts 30 minutes so I managed to do one leg in one treatment. It takes approx. 3 hours to charge so I put it away for the night and did the second treatment this morning, my other leg. During the first treatment I was playing around with the settings. My laser has 5 settings and I mostly used it on level 3 because 4&5 were painful. This morning when I did my other leg, I used level 5 on the whole leg and it was a bit uncomfortable in some spots (where I have thicker hair) but not really painful so I think that I was just being a wuss last night. I'm going to try to use it on level 5 from now on. My plan for this evening is to do my underarms. I'm trying to be patient and take my time moving the laser making sure I cover all areas to avoid patchy hair growth. I'm looking forward to seeing the results although I know I won't see them for a while. I will keep you updated.
I'm keeping track of all my treatments so that I don't miss any. I will be following the Triabeauty recommendations. Every 2 weeks for the first 3 months and then 1x month for the next 2-5 months. I HOPE the results are permanent. I'm going to keep my fingers crossed!
Check back soon.

rated 5 of 5 on 9/3/2010 6:46:00 PM More reviews by arikboi76

I had at least 10 laser treatments on my entire body and was about to sign up for another 5 treatments to get rid of residual hair. Doing research, i stumbled across TRIA. I purchased mine for $495 and Bloomingdales. I will make this short and simple. I absolutely LOVE, LOVE, LOVE this product!!!!

I used it on my face to get rid of those stubborn residual hairs on the corners of my lips and jawline. I put it on 5 (highest power) and felt the zing of the laser but not intolerable. I love doing it in the privacy of my own home and on my own time.

I had laser treatments at a salon and I had to pay for parking. I failed to show up for a scheduled treament and they charged me a $100 no show fee. Needless to say, TRIA is way more cost effective. I will never go to rip off salons ever again!!!! And for those hard to reach areas??? Well, that's what your girlfriends are for!!! hehe

PS. If u are not satisfied with TRIA, just return it to Bloomingdale's.

I hope u found my review helpful.

11 out of 13 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 on 8/15/2010 8:37:00 PM More reviews by mkrnhp

8/15/11 More info on my Tria. I have the older one that goes up to level three. I love it. I only use it monthly now for spot treatment. For whatever reason I went blank on how to use the thing. Meaning I "Tria'd" and then cut it off. I think I turned it back on. After about five times at this I had turned it off I guess. I really did panick and thought the battery life was up. I realized I was turning it off and on. Whew! I more than likely would have purchased a new one. I only spot tria now. My legs are so smooth as well as my underarms and bikini area. I have used it on my upper lip. I look at a lot of reviews and I did look into this a lot before I purchased. I am so glad I bought it. I actually logged each use and so far it has out lived it's battery life. I just can't say enough good about. My legs are so soft and just shine. I shave maybe once a month to get those few scraglers. I hope the reviews that say the hair comes back are wrong. Regardless, I am very happy with the Tria. I think I paid 595 maybe 495 can't remember but I really do like it and have no regrets. I agree good customer service. It can be painful but it is worth it. I have received nothing from Tria it is just a really good product.

-----------------------------------------------------------

I came on line to review Careprost for longer lashes and plan to try it from the reviews I have seen.

This is also how I came to buy the Tria - looking up reviews. Reviews a year ago sounded good but I could not find a lot of reviews on long term use. I have had my Tria a year and LOVE it. I paid 795 - high but compared to professional it is cheaper and more private. I had my underarms and lip professionally done but still needed more treatments when I decided to get the Tria. Of course after two months the price dropped 200. Oh well still great purchase. I was going to rate this up there with Lasik but Lasik eye surgery is still the greatest. Then Tria. Hopefully, I can say the same about Careprost.

Anyway, I use the Tria very consistently. I have logged in a note book every use just curious to see how long it lasts. I can't remember how many charges you are to get but I know you are supposed to get 90,000 pulses.

I can say I shave hardly ever. When I do shave I use the razor -hardly rinse and it is enough (meaning I put soap on grab the razor and use it. I don't rinse it no need and I am able to do both legs top and bottom then I rinse and put the razor up) I shave maybe every couple of weeks if that. I used to have the little hair trail in the shower (I have dark course hard - or had it) not anymore no hair trail because there is hardly any hair. I have used on my under arms and lip with good results. My under arms used to look dark even right after I shaved. I did not like wearing tank tops for that reason. Not any more smooth and clear. I find myself feeling of my legs all the time because they are so smooth and so much more smooth than right after a shave. I would say my hair is 90% less. My body in those areas is so smooth like baby skin. Even where some hair is left it is just softer. I am guessing I have 2-4 more "treatments" of all areas lip, under arms, upper tighs, lower and bikini area and the thing may cut out or die. We will see. It is time consuming. You have to be consistent. The new excitement wore off quick but I kept at it. I almost always used on 3. It does hurt in some areas. But I just kept at it knowing it was doing the job. I had even formed a heart in my bikini area (and it was making the shape) but then I thought that may be kinda weird so I Tria'd it normal.
I can't say if in a few years if all the hair will grow back or not only time will tell. I have read your body can try to "heal" itself and re grow the hair. Will see. Regardless, I Love this product and like it so much if this one does not get ALL the hair I will buy another one and pass it along to family. It worked great on me. The Tria says that one should be enough to do all of your body and so far I believe it. Hope this helps. I purchased my Tria August 09 used it just like they say and it is still going. In each session which Tria calls a treatment. I do the following areas. My underarms, toes, top of feet, lip if needed, lower and upper tighs and bikini area. I will also have to try the blue tape idea. I would say that is the hardest part you can not tell where you have been so that is where the consistenct part comes in. I can usually tell an area I missed and just really concentrate in that area the next treatment. This product has worked great for me. I mainly bought it to do my bikini area. I did not want to be having hair removed down there in an office. Now I can take care of it at home. Be ready to get into some positions to get to that area but for me it has been so worth it.
12/8/10 follow up. I have had the Tria what over a year August. Still loving it. I rarely shave. I did shave the other day and then just Tria'd the few hairs here and there all over. When I got this thing it was non stop hair zapping not anymore. There are a few hairs here and there.
So I just keep zapping them and logging my uses (to see how long the Tria lasts). I don't feel drawn to Tria like I did the new has wore off and the need is not there. My fear is just keeping it on the charger it will die (like a skin light Ansr did - probably would not buy this again pd $129.) so I use it about once a month. I hope to keep using it until all hair is GONE. I have used it on my upper lip, toes, legs, underarms, bikini area etc. If you want less hair (in my opinion) you are missing out not getting this. Every one is not the same but works for me.
Will follow up again later on. Update 1/31/11 LOVE This thing.
The head is small, it is boring, the new has wore off BUT this thing is working on me. I tria'd last night and just hit hairs here and th

23 out of 23 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 1 of 5 on 8/1/2010 6:16:00 PM More reviews by dietcokecan

Save your time and your money.

I was an ideal candidate for Tria -- I have dark hair and pale skin, and also a high pain tolerance and lots of patience. Unfortunately, this gadget let me down. I wish it would have worked -- but the truth is, the results were not permanent.

The Tria has five different levels. The highest level was uncomfortable, but not unbearable on my legs and arms. The highest level was very painful on my underarms. I ended up purchasing some lidocaine spray and numbing the area before use.

The laser only zaps a tiny bit of hair -- it has a surface area smaller than a dime -- at a time. This means you have to do a ton of "zaps" to cover even a small area. The actual laser is surrounded by plastic casing so it's impossible to tell where you zapped, so you just have to move the laser a quarter of an inch, zap again an hope you are getting the right area. This is very time consuming and since the device is so heavy, awkward and tiring.

Another problem is that the device won't zap unless it's on a flat area surrounded by skin. It's a safety mechanism. It's fine when doing flat area of your legs but makes it difficult to efficiently use in the hollows of your underarms, or around the knees.

While doing treatments, I immediately noticed my hair would grow in slower, lighter, and thinner! I had to shave less often and had fewer hairs to shave. Unfortunately, the hair reduction/removal was not permanent -- two months after stopping treatment, the hair returned. It has now returned to it's normal growth cycle and I've experienced no permanent results from Tria.

20 out of 25 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No