December 22, 2014 | 1907 users online

BB Cream - Dr. Jart+ - Blemish Balm Cream (black label)

rated 1 of 5 on 7/21/2012 10:50:00 AM More reviews by selenajade

SERIOUS EDIT AT BOTTOM PLEASE READ-----

I researched a lot on this BB cream because I was looking for something that had SPF, anti aging (even though I'm 14), and maybe a little something to help with acne only because I do break out at that "special time" of the month-_- This had it all and more!!! I was so happy when I got it 3 days ago. I had washed my old makeup off and pput a thin layer of this on because I reaalllly wanted to try it. I LOVE the packaging tooo!!! So it has medium coverage nd covered up the slightredness on my cheeks and it has a kind of matte finish, but not a dull one at all. When I went downstairs to feed my kitty<3 my mom even commented that I looked really pretty and I hadnt been wearing anything but the BB cream!!! Its the third day now and my friends even say my skin looks great!:) and its not cakey so great for school:D i got this for 36 dollars at sephora which i think is a bit less than the price on the Dr. Jart website. Even though it is a little expensive you get 1 and a half ounces which is more than the usuall foundation/BBcream and you only need to use VERY LITTLE. for me i use 2 pee sized amounts because it spreads and blends beautifully.FAVORITE NEW PRODUCT

EDIT READ THIS; after two days of using this I had a SERIOUS breakout all over my face and ive only had 1-3 pimples on my face at most. my skin had never done that before. AND that night my face started to get these new bumps I had never seen I had to go to the hospital and take pills for two weeks to get rid of everything. thank god it was summer or I would have died at school. DO NOT BUY THIS :( PLEASSEEEE

rated 3 of 5 on 7/15/2012 8:07:00 PM More reviews by shumowmow

Because of it's pink understone is not very friendly on people with yellow understone, this BB cream is not very popular in Asia. In Hong Kong, China and Japen, they sell Water Fuse, V7, Primium and Renewalist which all gear towards neutral or yellow skin tone. So, I'd like to agree with a previous review that black label is more for white people :-)

7 out of 8 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 3 of 5 on 7/5/2012 7:48:00 PM More reviews by cjMadamFresa

Age: 25-29 Skin: Acne-prone, Medium, Neutral Hair: Black, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Brown

background:
i am an NC25-NC30. i have sensitive, hormonal cystic acne prone skin, oily t-zone and dry cheeks. some hyper pigmentation on cheeks. when i get upset my cheeks get red and stay red for the day and even until the next day sometimes.

I've been clear for 3mos and decided i didn't need to use much makeup anymore. i tried water fuse and premium. i bought water fuse without trying this one bc it wasn't available. when it became available i tried it for a week (indoors) and it went on flawlessly, my skin looked and felt like velvet! it was matte and healthy looking, no oil all day, excellent coverage i didn't even need concealer, and it helped a few blemishes that were starting up. i loved it!! and i decided to go back to sephora and trade my water fuse for the black label....

BUT THEN... i got in the car and looked in the mirror and saw my face in the natural light and i was HORRIFIED!! i was PINK!! straight up pink! like i decided it would be fun to use a sheer pink blush all over my face instead of a beauty balm! omg... horrified!

i was already in the car, so i had to wipe it off with "say yes to cucumbers" wipes and immediately applied the water fuse! i was so upset my face stayed red! thankfully the water fuse covered up most of it.

note to self: ALWAYS check makeup in natural light! omg... *face palm*

7 out of 7 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 on 2/27/2012 8:23:00 PM More reviews by spykitty

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Fair, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Coarse Eyes: Hazel

love it! very good coverage, hasn't made me break out. covers so well i don't even bother with concealer. moisturizing, but kind of dries to a matte finish on my dry skin, reminds me A LOT of skin79 hot pink bb cream. it might be nary a shade lighter, not much. has a bit of a gray tone to it like skin79 bb creams, so if you dislike that, you'll dislike this stuff. however, as it's the only thing that makes my mediterranean skin look fantastic, i LOOOOVE it. if you like the color & texture of skin79 hot pink, but hate the bulky packaging, this is a way better alternative. it also lacks the triclosan in the skin79 products, so basically i've totally converted.

similar-ish in price, anyhow!

rated 5 of 5 on 9/13/2011 11:17:00 AM More reviews by pyzuo

Age: 36-43 Skin: Acne-prone, Other, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Black

I have tried many foundations and BB creams on the market and this is my HG! It is very moisturizing in the winter time and creates a natrual glow on my face while effectively covers the acne marks. I put Benefit dandelion after applying this BB cream and I consistently got compliments.It is a little hard to buy from US but I would recommend it to anyone who is looking for a BB cream that serves as a moisturizer-foundation-sunscreen all in 1.

rated 4 of 5 on 4/1/2011 5:32:00 AM More reviews by azncrow7

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair, Warm Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

For reference, I am Asian ranging from NC20-25 depending on the season.

Product Description: Dr. Jart+ BLACK LABEL Detox Healing Blemish Base SPF 25 PA++ is formulated by a unique triple action formula, which contains active ingredients aiming at covering blemishes, and activating skin rejuvenation. It also smoothes wrinkles and fine lines while providing sun protection for skin.

PROS:
Natural dewy finish, good for combination skin
Moisturizing
SPF25 PA++ (Physical sunblock from Titanium Dioxide)
Medium Coverage, pink undertones
Lasts all day
No Fragrance

CONS:
Only comes in one shade, NW20-25
Slight transferring
Not much oil control (2-3 hours)
Can be hard to find (be wary of fakes! Esp. on eBay)

I have used this BB cream for over a year, so this is my first review on my thoughts of this. :) Black Label is a greyish-pink undertone BB cream that doesn't match my yellow undertoned skin very well. The texture is also quite thick making it a little difficult to blend, but the coverage is very good. It evens out my skin tone and covers my blemishes well enough so that I can skip concealer, but I still need concealer for my dark circles. I haven't seen any long-term effects on wrinkles or fine lines, but I wasn't really expecting any. Overall, I would recommend this for normal/combination skin with pink undertones.

6 out of 6 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 on 12/26/2010 10:29:00 PM More reviews by aadonm

Age: 36-43 Skin: Dry, Fair, Cool Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

Great all-in -one product. I use this when am having a lazy day, use it as a moisturiser, sunscreen and foundation. I always like products that are supposed to enhance the skin, and with the ingredients in this products I think this one does just that. The consistency is quite thick, but once you start spreading out it kind of melds with the skin. Colour is on the fairish side, with slight pink undertones, however it works. Im really beginnin to love this more and more. Plus is reasonably priced

rated 5 of 5 on 9/3/2010 11:38:00 PM More reviews by orangeinsanity

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Straight, Fine Eyes: Green

This is my new HG BB cream. Etude Houses Magic BB cream used to be my favourite but I don't think I can go back after trying this. The coverage is really good, it's not greasy, leaves my skin looking dewy and it just plain great! The packaging isn't the prettiest thing around but it's forgivable. I will re-purchase this because I think it's a great foundation, I'm unsure about the other claims it makes. I never go to BB cream as a skin care product.

rated 4 of 5 on 3/22/2010 6:14:00 PM More reviews by KrisFish

This stuff is pretty good. It covers up blemishes and freckles just fine, and gets rid of uneven skin tone. Dr Jart doesn't clog my pores or anything, and it's just slightly moisturizing for dry skin. The product is a little to pastey and difficult to smooth over skin.

rated 5 of 5 on 10/18/2009 12:18:00 AM More reviews by zhangyalun

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Dry, Tan, Not Sure Hair: Black, Straight, Fine Eyes: Brown

Please see my review here!