December 20, 2014 | 1600 users online

Blush - Illamasqua - Hussy

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 8/1/2010 4:52:00 AM More reviews by Quilley

Age: 44-55 Skin: Other, Other, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Other

I read up on the Illamasqua line after receiving this blush from a girlfriend. She knows my skin colour really well and could not have made a better colour choice for me. I'm NC40 and can take a highly pigmented blush because other blushers tend to make me look washed out very easly. This blush is really different in terms of how pigmented it is with a saturation of colour and the fact that it is so fine a powder. It looks great on me whether I have a tan in summer (when I move to NC42) and I just know it will work when I turn pale again and go back to NC40. I would imagine I just need to sheer it out a bit more.

It's so fine and so pigmented, that I don't really need a lot on my brush. With this product, it's better to do a very light swipe and build. I find it looks best on just the apples of my cheeks with a darker (bronzer) under the cheeckbone and then everything blended together with a blender brush. The wear power is just great and I found that as long as I gave it a light powder on top I was good to go with no touchups for several hours. I would imagine that this is only because my skin is oily and tends to "eat" makeup - even with a primer. All said, this one is a keeper and stands out from all other powder blushes, shade and formula.

4 out of 5 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 on 7/29/2010 3:19:00 PM More reviews by madeupstories

Age: 25-29 Skin: Very Dry, Fair, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Brown

I am addicted to blushes and Illamasqua make THE best mattes -- finely milled, blendable, extremely pigmented and stays perfect for the whole day. From holidays in tropical 40C (100F) weather with 90% humidity to our cold wet UK winters when my skin is very dry, unless I'm being rained on... They never emphasise pores or go patchy in the heat or highlight flakes and turn powdery in the cold.

As for this shade, Hussy, it is a gorgeous matte, warm pinky-peach shade that really brightens my pale skin (NC10-15) while not being so loud that I can't wear bright lippies with it. According to the SA at Selfridges, this is their no.1 bestseller for all skintones and I definitely get more compliments from this than any of my other dozens of blushes. And it's the only one that has caused women to follow me around and ask me what it is (three times, in London, where we don't like to make eye contact, let alone talk to strangers).

31 out of 34 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 on 6/17/2010 8:49:00 AM More reviews by sophrosyne

Age: 36-43 Skin: Other, Other, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Other

I am on the verge of throwing away all my NARS and MAC blushes after trying Illamasqua. The beauty of these blushes is that they are almost pure pigment, so they add zero texture to the face. Whatever the texture of your underlying makeup--dewy, matte, shimmer, satin--or no makeup at all, the Illamasqua blush pigments blend right in, which makes for a stunningly natural, sheer look. Of course, if you want to go for drama, you can: with so much pigment, they're buildable. They also wear very evenly, and last all day. I strongly recommend applying with a skunk brush. ONE touch to the pan is enough for a subtle application, two for a more dramatic application. I "stipple" it on using the skunk brush, and then blend lightly with a circular motion. Hussy is a lovely vibrant pink with a touch of warmth. Wakes up my whole face. The cost of these blushes is ridiculously low given how long they last. My only complaint is that I wish they came in a wider variety of colors, including mid-tone muted ones. I have Hussy, Beg (a beautiful warm sunbaked rose, like NARS Dolce Vita), and Kiss (an equally beautiful medium plum, great with neutral and cool pink, berry, and plum lipsticks). Since my skin is olive, I don't see myself wearing the four different ultra-light pinks in the line. :-(

15 out of 16 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 on 6/11/2010 6:14:00 AM More reviews by cosmonautte

Gorgeous warm candy pink. HIGHLY pigmented and very fine and blendable. Someone made a boo-boo using this for the first time because it was so bright. But you need only so little each time - one dab on my MAC 187 was enough to pick up enough colour - and it's such a gorgeous shade especially for girls who are a little on the fairer side. If I ever run out, I will buy this again!

rated 5 of 5 on 5/20/2010 8:00:00 PM More reviews by kareygirl

Age: 44-55 Skin: Normal, Other, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

Gorgeous color, no shimmer like so many other blushes these days. In my extensive blush collection, I have no other one like it. A light hand is all you need. Ilamasqua may just be my new favorite line for blushes (and lipsticks)

rated 5 of 5 on 4/22/2010 6:22:00 PM More reviews by DanaCerise

Age: 36-43 Skin: Combination, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Other

This blush is OUT OF THIS WORLD. It's highly pigmented and it's matte. I think this would work for many skin tones (I'm NW15). You don't need a special expensive brush for this. Just know that you don't need to pick up much product on the brush. It's a bright clear pinky coral that looks good with different eye shadow and lip colors. So even though it's pricey, it's versatility and great pigmentation make it a good buy.

rated 5 of 5 on 3/14/2010 12:28:00 PM More reviews by drfinestgrl

Age: 19-24 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Brown, Curly, Coarse Eyes: Brown

Hussy is a gorgeous pink/coral matte blush that I love so much. It has been my go to everyday blush. It is very pigmented, so make sure you have a light hand when applying this blush. I always apply it with my mac 188 brush and that helps me achieve that perfect flush on the cheeks.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 2/24/2010 4:03:00 PM More reviews by mecepeda

Could I adore this product any more???? This is my first Illamasqua powder blush, and most certainly not my last. I love my MAC Sheertone blushes, but this one has those beat in terms of pigmentation, staying power, and inspired shade selection. Hussy is a highly pigmented, pinky-peach matte blush that requires a very light hand for application (I prefer to apply it very sparingly with a Smashbox fan brush - just a quick swipe or two, and you are good for the entire day). The final effect is gorgeous and very natural. If you are bit concerned about the price of this product, keep in mind that you receive a large amount of product for the price, and the blush will last you forever given its high pigmentation, so it is a wise buy. Illamasqua colors are very true to life and often startling in the container - however, I have yet to try one that is not wonderful upon application. I highly recommend this color and formula for a wide range of skin tones.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 12/15/2009 5:25:00 PM More reviews by rubii00

Age: 19-24 Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Cool Hair: Brunette, Straight, Fine Eyes: Hazel

When I first tried this blush I was sure it was too bright for me. Well, I had never owned such a pigmented blush that I swirled in my brush into the blush and got wayyy too much color. So the next day not to mess my whole face up I only picked up a little bit of blush and blended in as much as I could. Hussy is pretty bright on my skin and can look clownish if not careful. But, it's got to be one of my fav blushes at the moment. I would describe it as a coral-y bright pink. I think anyone lighter than me may have some trouble with this blush. Otherwise, I recommend this to everyone.

rated 5 of 5 on 11/14/2009 8:12:00 PM More reviews by starkelly01

Age: 30-35 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Green

I have pale NW20 skin and with the right brush this blush looks gorgeous on me. Hussy is way too bright and pigmented for my pale skin and untrained blush applying hands to use a regular blush brush such as MAC 129. Instead I use MAC 131, 188, 187 for a more sheer application.