October 25, 2014 | 1846 users online

Mascara - Bare Escentuals - Flawless Definition mascara

rated 2 of 5 on 8/11/2011 7:49:00 PM More reviews by Lishy18

I really do not like this product at all. I think the formula is waay too thick. It does lengthen but does not hold a curl for anything so whats the point of packing it on if you cant see the difference? This mascara flakes,horribley. Its very very irritating to my eyes. The flakes will get in my eyes and it burns itches and hurts. Also there will be little black flakes floating around my eyes, not acceptable at all. I do not like how heavy this is,how its harsh&flakey,and that it dosent hold any kinda curl. I would not recommend to someone.

rated 5 of 5 on 8/7/2011 3:12:00 PM More reviews by boomup

Age: 44-55 Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Cool Hair: Black, Straight, Fine Eyes: Hazel

I would never have purchased this, but I got it in a kit. I was thrilled to discover that this is Perfect for an every day mascara! I do have long dark eyelashes, but I like mascara to help hold the curl from the eyelash curler, and for a little extra oomph.

First of all, the "brush" is more of a multi-sided comb with short "spikes" in vertical rows. It kind of grabs the lashes, making it easy to start at the base of the lashes, wiggle and roll upwards while maintaining definition. The wiper does a pretty good job (better than most) of removing excess mascara as you pull the wand out of the tube. The formula is smooth and slightly shiny, best of all, no clumps, flaking, or running with all day wear. It removes easily, and is also a generous size.

I can't stand clumpy, spidery mascaras, this one looks natural and lovely. For extra va-va-voom I'll use it over an eyelash primer.
Love it!

5 out of 5 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 3 of 5 on 7/20/2011 8:36:00 PM More reviews by justcallmed

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Blond, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Blue

I use this for people that have short, stubby lashes and want more length than anything. This is an ok "everyday" mascara that will give you long, wispy lashes, not so much bulk. It isn't prone to flaking and the comb style brush gives a very clean application.

rated 4 of 5 on 7/15/2011 3:23:00 AM More reviews by Sharondale77

Age: 56 & Over Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

Very conflicted about this mascara. Received it first as a bonus to other products and was very surprised on how well it made my lashes look. I have very long, dark lashes so I like to emphasize them. This really makes them long and separates wonderfully, even with just one application.
The problem is that it flakes. I always find little black flakes under my eyes and on my cheeks. It's not clumpy, makes your lashes look lush and long but do I really want to constantly check if there are black specks all over my face?
I'll use it until it's runs out but doubt I'd purchase it again.

rated 2 of 5 on 6/6/2011 11:24:00 PM More reviews by mindlips

I tried Bare Escentuals Flawless Definition mascara in waterproof under an attempt to look for my HG waterproof (or rather, swim-proof!) mascara for the summer. When I went to take a shower, the mascara completely vanished. The waterproof version is definitely not one to cry with.. I'll keep on looking.

rated 5 of 5 on 5/23/2011 9:00:00 PM More reviews by shoesnmakeup

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Dry, Fair, Cool Hair: Blond, Straight, Fine Eyes: Green

i love love love this mascara! it is nearly the best ive tried! the wand is small and reaches tiny lashes on the top and bottom. It is 18 dollars but really worth the price. If you prefer length this is a great mascara to try. volume can also be built up with multiple coats. the packaging is convenient and simple. great mascara, will repurchase once i use up the one i have now.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 5/10/2011 10:17:00 AM More reviews by harls321

I love this mascara! It gives volume and length without clumping or looking spidery. Doesn't flake or smudge. The small brush makes it easy to apply and gets all of my lashes. Great natural formula is perfect for my sensitive eyes. Will purchase again!

rated 2 of 5 on 5/3/2011 6:08:00 AM More reviews by counterlydefined

Age: 19-24 Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Black, Straight, Fine Eyes: Other

it does volumaize and lengthen my lases, but smudges BIG TIME! disliked. =[

rated 5 of 5 on 3/5/2011 3:53:00 AM More reviews by mzlovely

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Straight, Medium Eyes: Hazel

I would buy this product again if I could. I think you can only buy this product again if you're a member and reg buyer of the Bareminerals foundation, which I'm not cause I hate it. Although I didn't get what I expected out of their makeup I got a little free surprise with their mascara. It separated all my eye lashes amazingly showing each and every one of them off while coating them at the same time. I love this mascara and still use it. Though I am running out!D:

I have no idea what it costs by itself..

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 3/1/2011 1:01:00 PM More reviews by zoomusicgrrrl

I was pleasantly surprised with this one. I tend to go for a dramatic lash look, but am always moaning that the formulations of mascaras which promise drama are clumpy and unworkable. I decided to try this one, hoping for a well-defined look, but half fearing that it would look too low key for my taste. What I found, though, was that this mascara has a smooth formulation that applies evenly and, despite the small teeth on the brush, separated my lashes well. A single coat barely showed up on me - it darkened my lashes only very subtly. (My lashes are very long but blonde at the roots and tips, so a single coat only helped to show their full length - ie making the 'invisible' blonde bits visible.) However, I found that the product layered well, and several coats layered in quick succession (without allowing each coat to dry) gave me excellent definition AND good volume. But this was a different volume from that given by so many designed-to-volumise products - my lashes looked thick AND plentiful (rather than clumped together into 2 or 3 bunches). My lashes looked defined, separated, blackened (not 'greyed') and thickened. This is a great day time mascara.