Bare Escentuals Matte Foundation spf 15

3.4

ACTIVE Ingredients: Titanium Dioxide 15% and Zinc Oxide 5% INACTIVE ingredients: Lauroyl Lysine, Silica, Calcium Silicate, Soil Minerals. May Contain: Mica, Titanium Dioxide, Iron Oxides

on 6/22/2014 4:33:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Warm

I'm not in love with this foundation, but I do like it and would repurchase it.

As someone who is allergic to silicones, finding a good, cone-free foundation is a struggle. This one works. Tough to get super full-coverage with it, but 95% of the time I am going for a natural finish anyway. Does a great job concealing my under-eye circles.

It does not keep me really matte during the day, though. Definitely needs blotting or resetting.

on 6/22/2014 8:00:00 AM

Skin: Very Oily, Olive, Warm

Very nice mineral foundation, stays on on my oily face for 8 hours, doesn't dry my skin out but still manages to keep my oils at bay. No need for powder, I just blot a couple times a day. The coverage is light to medium (which is what I need). I use the shade N10 (fairly light) and I'm about NC30-35, buttered tan in EDM range. The packaging is great too. The price should be lower for what it is, but it lasts a long time (about 4 months for me) so it's not that bad.

on 6/21/2014 2:26:00 AM

Skin: Combination, Medium Brown, Not Sure

Let me start off by saying if you have acne proned, sensitive skin this product is NOT FOR YOU; this is a complete waste of money. Not only is it over priced but it destroyed my skin. I tried the Bare Minerals Ready foundation and that broke me out terribly. I decided after reading several reviews on the Bare Minerals Matte foundation, that I would give this formula a try. Huge mistake. I literally had this on for a couple hours and my forehead was oily and I was breaking out in cystic acne bumps. I drove home immediately to take it off. I will never use this brand again. I wish I could rate it a zero but one lippie will suffice. Thank goodness it was only a sample and not a full package!

on 6/17/2014 4:26:00 AM

I used to really love this. I still sorta love it now. But there are tricks to using this. Face must be absolutely oil free and clean, else it will form patches. I have some pores on my nose and if I'm not careful and apply too much, the powder will sink into my pores on my nose and it's awful. I also notice that this powder's colour oxidizes in the case after some time. Not to be kept for a long time.

Amazing. covers up everything and it's matte which is awesome for me as a guy, makes me look perfect and I'm so far from perfect hahaha must have on a bad skin week. and it doesn't melt off are make my acne/clogged pores worse actually think it calms down my skin cool eh :)

on 6/1/2014 12:09:00 PM

Hair: Brunette, Curly, Other

I bought this as my first high end powder foundation, and unfortunately it didn't live up to my expectations. I bought golden fair, and I found it too yellow for my skin tone, which I thought was kinda weird, as I do have yellow/olive undertones. It did mattify, but it looked extremely powdery on my face - it was sooo obvious that I was wearing makeup. To compare, I've bought physicians formula talc free mineral powder, and purminerals spf 15 powder now, and like both of those better. I returned this matte foundation.

on 5/31/2014 10:13:00 AM

This foundation can be very good or very bad depending on your needs and expectations.

Pros:
It doesn't make spots/acne worse, neither does it break me out
Very light, almost as if I'm not wearing anything
Gives an airbrushed result

BUT

Cons:
The loose powder can take some getting used to. It can get messy and obviously you need a good brush. In my experience a brush DOES make a difference - I'd recommend the Real Techniques buffing brush, or any good quality kabuki one.
It doesn't offer much coverage. In fact, I only wear it on good skin days. If my skin's a mess I just skip it and go right to a heavy duty liquid foundation.

Overall, I'd recommend it since it doesn't break me out, but only to people with a fairly good skin, since it's not very effective on acneic ones.

on 5/30/2014 8:56:00 PM

I purchased Bare Minerals because I was tired of breaking out every time I wore a liquid foundation. While I have thankfully not seen an increase in breakouts while using this product, I can't see myself continuing to use it any more.

Pros:

- Did not aggravate or cause acne
- I didn't mind the packaging or the application process.

Cons:

- The coverage is absolutely awful. I have combination skin that is prone to acne, but my acne is not extreme. I typically have 3-4 smallish problem spots at any given time. This foundation not only does not cover them unless I HEAP on the product, but it looks extremely cakey even with minimal application and emphasizes absolutely any dry spot into ridiculousness. I have very youthful looking skin for the most part but this stuff makes me look like a wrinkly old woman.

- Expensive.

on 5/25/2014 4:40:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Tan, Not Sure

Hair: Blond, Curly, Other

Amazing product! Does not have talc and parabens which is really hard to find. Doesn't make me break out, looks very natural. Makes me look like I have perfect skin and doesn't look cakey. The only downside is the packaging, you cant just pop it out of your bag and apply, you need a separate mirror, tap and swirl. But its worth it.

on 5/24/2014 5:21:00 AM

I wouldn't be without this foundation. I am extremely prone to acne and this has helped me through my teenage years. My acne has been present for a number of years purely because of the age I'm at, and this is one of the few things I have found that doesn't exasperate it. As a teenage girl going through school I was very conscious of it, and in my attempts to cover it I used to just pile on ridiculous amounts of orange foundation, until I came to the realisation that it just made me look 10 times worse... so on my hunt for an alternative I found this. I wanted medium-full coverage without looking powdery or cakey and this provided that. I still had to use concealer for the days when my skin decided to flare up badly, but I wouldn't expect this as a foundation to cover absolutely everything, and I wouldn't want it to because I love how natural this looks on the skin. I'm still using it many years later, and will be using it for the foreseeable future! It is available in a good amount of shades so it's easy to find one that matches.

Video Reviews & Tutorials

Review/Comparison: BareMinerals vs. It Cosmetics Celebration Foundation Illumination by TheKatalicious17

Top Rated Bare Escentuals Products