April 16, 2014 | 2038 users online

Primer/ Corrector - Urban Decay - Complexion Primer Potion - Pore Perfecting

rated 2 of 5 on 9/3/2011 10:28:00 PM More reviews by meowrena

This product is a little too thick and so it's difficult to apply evenly. Though I do like the packaging (squeeze tube with a pointed end that turns to open/close), I don't think I'll be buying this again just because there are better face primers out there (Smashbox's primer, for example).

This product is white and so it does lighten your complexion, though if you can manage to blend it evenly, it probably won't show up.

rated 2 of 5 on 9/3/2011 7:01:00 PM More reviews by Hellokitty93100

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I have normal dry acne prone skin, with very large pores. I bought this primer because I wanted something that would keep my makeup on all day an d minimize the apperance of my pores. I used this for the last six or seven months of the school year and my acne was continually getting worse, but I never thought this was the cause. In the summer I swicthed to my Rimmel fix and perfect because I wasn't going to school and didn't need my makeup to last for 7-8 hours. Over the summer my face cleared up. Once school started last week I picked this up and started using it again, and to my dismay my cystic acne has returned. So I know for sure this product has caused me to develop worse acne. Also if you use more than a pea size amount your face will be an oil slick, even my dry skin was noticabley greasy looking. Really dissapointed it broke me out, but honestly there are much better primers for the money and even cheaper. My advice would be to skip it.

rated 3 of 5 on 8/2/2011 12:57:00 PM More reviews by Maegara

Age: 19-24 Skin: Very Oily, Tan, Warm Hair: Brown, Straight, Coarse Eyes: Brown

I have very oily skin with huge pores, and this is something I bought on a whim. It does what it promises and a little goes a long way. 2 tiny dots are enough for my entire face and makes my skin feel smooth to the touch. It definitely gives an illusion of smaller pores, as if they are blurred.

I can't really say anything about oil-control because my face oils up as usual, and besides, this primer is not for oil-control anyway. I can definitely feel that my foundation's staying power is a bit longer than usual (I use mineral foundation) but nothing THAT impressive.

So all in all, this product is pretty average - it really delivers what it promises but it isn't something that makes you go wow, considering the price. It also did not make me break out, so I will continue using this until I use my tube up because I hate letting products go to waste. I'll keep looking for better alternatives and will not repurchase again.

EDIT: This stuff caused small whitehead on my cheeks and chin. I will only use this if I have some quick errands to do and can't be bothered.

rated 1 of 5 on 7/25/2011 4:16:00 AM More reviews by myohmy

Actually got this as a sample. Don't know if I got a bad batch but it kinda smells rancid.. nevertheless, gross or not I did put some on despite the very off putting smell. Its alright, pores are still there but it does make my skin feel smoother.. Love urban decay but it really isn't all that.. I wouldnt waste my money on this.

rated 4 of 5 on 6/28/2011 11:11:00 AM More reviews by kiraty

Age: 25-29 Skin: Oily, Fair, Cool Hair: Brunette, Straight, Fine Eyes: Blue

I LOVE this!!! It goes on really smooth and makes my foundation go on better. I have really oily and acne-prone skin. Often when I go to put on powder, my foundation is already getting greasy. Not with this! It makes my powder go on sooo smoothly. It also really keeps my oily skin at bay! It doesn't break me out which is wonderful. You only need a little tiny bit of this! I think everyone who says its turning them white might be taking the whole cap off and using it like a lotion. The product comes out the tip and you only need a tiny bit for your whole face. I use about half the size of a pea.

rated 2 of 5 top reviewer on 6/15/2011 4:42:00 AM More reviews by muffingrl

I received this primer as a gift, I was very interested in this product since I had never used a primer prior to it. Sadly, this doesn't really do much for my foundation application. This comes in a purple squeezy tube, very practical. It is the color of Elmer's glue but it feels very smooth and silicony when applied to the face. I don't find that my foundation goes on any better than with just a moisturized face. I don't find that it keeps my foundation on longer either. Overall not a bad product, didn't break me out or cause any other issues, but it just didn't do anything for my makeup. Will not repurchase.

rated 1 of 5 top reviewer on 6/3/2011 7:30:00 PM More reviews by cerulfox

Age: 25-29 Skin: Sensitive, Tan, Warm Hair: Black, Curly, Medium Eyes: Black

Worst. Primer. EVER. Especially for $30. Gave my face a white-gray cast that persisted after my makeup. Oil control, what oil control? Was shiny an HOUR later, had to blot every hour, makeup was gone in 4. Come on Urban Decay, you can do better than this!

rated 1 of 5 on 5/31/2011 2:32:00 PM More reviews by cassiopeya

Unfortunately this product is not as good as the famous "Primer Potion". I wanted to try this out because i have very big pores but it did not do anything with my skin than leaving a white, greasy veil on my face. I really don`t know how you could use it as a primer or pore minimizer, because it does nothing, it does not even sink in to skin and just felts greasy and unpleasant. I am very dissapointed and won`t repurchase this.

rated 1 of 5 on 5/2/2011 6:14:00 PM More reviews by kmb584

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Fair, Cool Hair: Red, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Grey

I was very disappointed with this product. The consistency is thick (think: Elmer's Glue) but it went on surprisingly well and my foundation was easily layered on top. The big, huge, massive downfall: it caused one colossal breakout. My entire forehead, chin, and areas of my cheeks were littered with pimples by the end of the day.

rated 4 of 5 on 4/30/2011 3:46:00 PM More reviews by jija

This is a really thick primer, which is good for smoothing out pores but does make putting on my mineralize cream foundation by MAC a little tricky. It is a little difficult to spread on the skin too. This is great if you are using a liquid foundation.