August 28, 2014 | 1555 users online

Treatments - OPI - Nail Envy - Original

rated 3 of 5 on 1/29/2013 11:32:00 PM More reviews by agnesbones

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Black, Wavy, Other Eyes: Black

It somehow works for my weak nails after the removal of gelish nail polish. **one tip on how to go about using this product as instructed by my mum's manicurist is to remove it every 2 days & reapply it** so it will work, & since other reviewers complains about it being yellowish that's because you didnt remove it. :)

rated 4 of 5 on 1/27/2013 5:37:00 PM More reviews by nabiekebabie

Age: 19-24 Skin: Normal, Olive, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

This is a wonderful product. Literally changed my nails! I used to have dry nails that split and chipped easily and nail envy completely strengthened and seemed to reinforce the structure of the nail, and now I can actually have long nails that don't brake as soon as I go about everyday life! The only cons I'd say is that after time it has seemed to yellow the nail slightly. Also, I remember the first time I used nail envy I had a slight tingly warm sensation and was worried i'd had an allergic reaction, but luckily nothing else happened and I've never had that sensation since! Was a little disconcerting at first though.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 1/23/2013 4:18:00 PM More reviews by dv_27

Age: 30-35 Skin: Normal, Medium, Warm Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Black

Knock on wood this product totally transformed my brittle nails..I put this on first before applying nail polish or sometimes just this product by itself and I think its amazing! My nails don't don't break anymore, which is awesome. Also love that I got this in BB&B with a coupon, very happy. Just a note haven't tried many nail treatments so I can't compare but this is one of the best ones, I have tried in a long time that helps with nail breakage.

rated 1 of 5 on 1/8/2013 5:49:00 AM More reviews by blackygreen

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Straight, Fine Eyes: Blue

Just...no.
As a treatment, it doesn't do much and your nails look kind of terrible with it on. It's yellowish and peels.
For the latter reason, it doesn't work as a base coat.
So, no, I will not be repurchasing this.
I much prefer my LA girl calcium strengthener or my China Glaze Strong Adhesion Base Coat

rated 5 of 5 on 1/6/2013 9:57:00 PM More reviews by flatteries

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Combination, Medium, Warm Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

HG base coat/treatment!!! My nails used to peel pretty badly, and to make matters worse, I'd always peel them off whenever they started flaking, leaving my nails very thin and prone to breaking. That was until I started using nail envy regularly, of course. I use this as a base coat and apart from helping my nail polish stay on longer and preventing staining, this strengthens my nails like nothing else! I'm on my third bottle of this, and I rarely ever have any issues with peeling anymore (like, VERY rarely). It is a bit expensive compared to the rest of the OPI range, (I think I paid around $11 for this and I had a $5 off coupon from Ulta) but it is definitely worth it if your nails are in need of some help. Of course, everyone's nails are different, so something that works for one person might not work for the other, but if you've got the money to spare, I would definitely give this a go. I haven't purchased any other base coat/treatment ever since I switched to this from using ORLY Bonder. LOVE it!

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 12/26/2012 8:22:00 AM More reviews by spaflam

Age: 36-43 Skin: Dry, Fair, Cool Hair: Brown, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Green

Tried & true protein treatment to strengthen weak or thin nails. Be cautious of overuse, as with all protein treatments.

rated 5 of 5 on 12/26/2012 6:16:00 AM More reviews by pollybomb

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Neutral Hair: Brown, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Blue

I love this product! It's expensive, especially as I have no income at the moment, but it really works. I've bitten my nails for over ten years, and I also have a habit of peeling my nail polish rather than removing it properly, yet I have noticed that my nails are stronger and don't peel as often as they did before I started using this product around a month ago.

rated 1 of 5 top reviewer on 11/29/2012 4:04:00 AM More reviews by pretty_please

Age: 25-29 Skin: Normal, Fair, Cool Hair: Blond, Curly, Fine Eyes: Blue

This did not like my nails. It gave me peeling and more yellowing issues. Just...did not work for me.

rated 1 of 5 on 11/29/2012 3:25:00 AM More reviews by ecmeikle

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Blue

This didn't work for me at all! I'm not sure that it worsened my fingernails, but it did nothing at all to improve their condition. All it did was dry on a kind of yellow colour and tinge them slightly. I applied this as directed for a few months with no results, and then thought I would just try to use it as a base and top coat. Still nothing. Nails remained extremely slow-growing, bendy and flaky. Glad I managed to get this for a cheaper price because I would be pretty grumps if I had paid the full RRP for it.

Note - I have also tried Nail Envy sensitive, with the same lack of results.

rated 2 of 5 on 11/22/2012 2:22:00 AM More reviews by HOPI87

Age: 25-29 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

Ok so I have been using this religiously as instructions say for almost 2 weeks now, I have been growing my nails out and was looking for something to keep them strong and keep from bending or breaking. My nails still feel the same as always...thin and easily bendable :( disappointing for sure. Or maybe I need to try a different formula?