Skindinavia No More Shine Makeup Finish

3.4

Water, Alcohol Denat, PVP, Polyhydrostearic Acid, Isononyl Isononanoate, Ethylhexyl Isononanoate, Methyl Methacrylate Crosspolymer, Poloxamer 407, Dimethicone PEG-7 Phosphate, Sodium Benzoate, PPG-3 Benzyl Ether Myristate, Sodium Cocamidopropyl PG Dimonium Chloride Phosphate, Aloe Barbadensis Leaf Extract, Caprylyl Glycol, Glycereth-5 Lactate, Perfluoroisobutyl Ether, Methyl Perfluorobutyl Ether, Phenoxyethanol, N,2,3-Trimethyl-2-Isopropyl Butamide, Gluconolactone, Fragrance.

on 6/21/2010 1:03:00 AM

Skin: Oily, Fair, Neutral

This is my HG oil control product. I have really oily skin, which is exacerbated when I wear makeup, so finding Skindinavia has made me *so happy*! I still can't believe it really does what it says! I rarely spray it on before applying makeup, since I use Clinique's "pore minimizer instant perfector" primer, but just spraying No More Shine on after I'm finished with the rest of my makeup is enough to keep my makeup on all day and only allows minimal oil production and shine. Prior to using it, I had to blot every few hours, and was constantly worrying about my face. By the end of the day, much of my foundation had come off or just otherwise looked blotchy, even if I used mattifying powder instead of blotting with a paper. Now with Skindinavia, I only have to blot maybe once a day, and my makeup is 90% still on after work and even after an evening out.

I am so, so in love with this stuff. I can't believe how well it truly works; this is what I've been looking for and wanting from all those foundations I've tried, the primers that don't quite work well enough, and all the blotting paraphenalia I've had to keep in my purse. It is seriously worth every penny.

on 6/14/2010 5:35:00 PM

UPDATE: This caused me to break out and I really don't think it controls shine all that well. I ended up switching my makeup all together.....a different oil-contol moisturizer by Alba, Benefit's Pore Corrector, Sonia Kashuk's concealer palette, NARS bronzer. I then dab a touch of Kashuk's 02 matte powder and I am not NEARLY as shiny as I used to be and my skin has cleared up as well.

Ok, I was REALLY hesitant spraying something on my face after I put my makeup on, but I am pleasantly surprised. As far as finishing your makeup and holding it in place all day, this truly does what it says. I am really amazed. Why the one lippie off? Well not sure that it controls shine all that well, but that could also be the nature of my makeup. I wear Bobbi Brown's TM and concealer, which naturally gives me a "glow". Usually when I first apply my TM, it gives a slight glow so I thought this would really help with break through shine, but I am not 100% convinced that it really helps with shine as about mid-day I see a lot of break through shine. Perhaps before I spray I should apply my MAC prep and prime and then spray to hold everything in place. That may help, but I was trying to avoid that step and not put more stuff on my face.
As with all products, I am terrified of it causing breakouts. So far, I have not noticed anything that would cause me to breakout more than I have been lately.
I will update as I use this product longer!

on 6/5/2010 6:25:00 PM

Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Cool

Hair: Blond, Straight, Other

This stuff does exactly what it claims. I spray on prior to applying makeup and let dry, then once again once I am done. I have noticed a difference and am not nearly as oily as I had been. A little expensive, but I have spent so much money trying to find what this one product does that it is well worth it!

on 4/12/2010 11:07:00 AM

Skin: Oily, Dark, Warm

I am very oily in my t zone, and because of this im constantly blotting throughout the day and/or feeling self conscious because i dont want to look like a grease pan. I'm an avid user of MAC's skin refined zone treatment as it covers my big pores and helps with oil, but it just isn't enough in the long run. I bought skindinavia when a beauty guru on youtube talked about it being good, and when i heard that celebrity makeup artists use this on their customers before big events i was sold! the product doesn't look enticing necessarily- it almost looks like a kiddy spray bottle, but don't let that fool you! on the bottle the instructions say to spray it on just before foundation, and then after all your makeup is on, including eyeshadow, blush, lipstick, etc. when i used it for the first time, i sprayed it too close to my face so the product took a long time to dry which was annoying, but that was my mistake. you must spray from 6-8 inches away both times you use the bottle (before and after makeup) and your oil is controlled! this finish gives you a light sheen to make you look like you are glowing, without looking oily, and it stays that way for at least 5-6 hours. yes, i still blot a little, but i no longer am constantly ducking into bathrooms to check my reflection in the mirror. i dont really like the bottle sprayer because it sometimes deposits too much on my face which is hard to work with, but i would purchase this product again and again. also, the price isnt cheap at ALL but this product packs a punch. lastly, remember to moisturize and put on all face products such as mattifiers, etc before putting on the skindinavia- it doesnt make a HUGE difference, but this works better than just spraying the can before putting on a mattifier, and helps conceal oil better.

on 11/20/2009 11:57:00 AM

Skin: Combination, Dark, Not Sure

I bought Model in a Bottle and I didn't get results that I was crazy about. The results only lasted about 2 hrs and that didnt cut it for me. I have super oily skin so I needed something with more power.

I bought Skindinavia No More Shine at drugstore.com for $29.99 as an alternative to Model in a Bottle. I have to say that Skindinavia No More Shine does deliver on its promise. This stuff works wonderfully.

The consistency of the formula itself is superior to Model in a Bottle because it lacks that alcohol base and is clear and fresh. I apply my makeup and spray it about 4 times then I am off for the day.

I timed my results and I have to say that my face does still get oily but after about 5-6 hrs which is most of the average work day anyway. And to be fair my skin is really super oily so I just blot when needed and my face keeps that "just applied" freshness.

Despite the 6 hr oil break through the makeup itself stays in place, no running, slipping, sliding or smearing. Unbelievable! I love this stuff and will only use my Model in a Bottle for a quick nite out or to tide me over when I run out of Skininavia.

It's expensive and I wish they had something stronger for insanely oily skin like mine but this is the best its going to get for me and I will definitely repurchase.

on 8/24/2009 11:57:00 AM

Skin: Very Oily, Fair-Medium, Warm

I can't see much of a difference from the original formula - I don't see any less shine with this, and I still have to blot throughout the day. It smells a little better than the original IMO though, and the bottle is bigger, so that's a plus.

on 8/13/2009 11:48:00 AM

Skin: Very Oily, Fair, Not Sure

I've used this 2X and have been pretty impressed with the results. I have VERY oily skin and (like other reveiwers) have tried every primer and mattifier on the market. I need to experiment with this but this does seem to work best if you apply if before your makeup as well as after. If you apply if after then either apply mascara as a final step or put on some sunglasses before you spray because this made my mascara smudge.
The bottle isn't the most elegant and the application of the product could be improved by transferring it into a finer misting bottle. I think an airbrush gun would really work great.
Skindinavia has several formulas of this product. One is supposed to seal your makeup for dancing, one is a makeup finishing spray, one is for bridal use, etc. If anyone has compared these products, I would LOVE to know if they are at all different. I am suspicious that marketing is the only thing differentiating them. I'm getting married next month and am toying with gettng the bridal finish, but as I've already spent a small fortune on makeup this month I'm holding out :)

Skin: Oily, Fair, Warm

Finally - an oil-control product that delivers on its promises! First, a little background. I have incredibly oily skin in my t-zone. I have tried everything - Shiseido SPF 55 lotion, numerous oil control powders and primers... my skin just mocks them all. It is determined to produce an unattractive oily sheen in my t-zone! I can put makeup on and in 3 or 4 hours, it is shiny and has begun breaking down into unattractive patches. So I can blot the oiliness away, but when my makeup disintegrates on my face, well that requires a more serious touch-up. Something I don't always have time for! It is a frustrating issue for me.

Skindinavia No More Shine Makeup Finish spray has really helped. I have been using this for a week now. At first I was not impressed but I realised where I went wrong. The first problem was that I did not shake the bottle enough! This is very important because the mattifying ingredients separate from the liquid - I did not realise this until I decanted into a smaller, travel-friendly sprayer bottle which is translucent (you can't see inside the original packaging which is white). So shake the bottle vigorously before you use!! Also, be sure to spray generously and evenly. Here's what I have been doing:
1) Apply sunscreen/acne treatments to face and let dry for 15-20 min
2) Spray face with Skindinavia 3-4 times and let dry
3) Apply powder foundation, concealer, blush and pressed powder
4) Spray face with Skindinavia 2-3 times
5) Do eye makeup (I use a separate primer) and lips.

With this routine I am getting many hours of wear from my makeup. I no longer need to blot/repair makeup at lunchtime. By early afternoon I can see the merest hint of shine - it's more like a natural glow and certainly nothing greasy or unattractive. Once I get home from work (a good 12 hours after application), my makeup is still intact - it could use a blot, that's all. I am pretty darn impressed! My one gripe is the spray bottle packaging - I wasn't happy with the way it sprayed, but once I decanted into my own sprayer, I got a more even, finer mist from it. Another thing is the price - this stuff is not cheap... however, it does perform, so as long as they keep making it, I will keep buying it. 5 Lippies. Thank you Skindinavia, you have changed my life!

EDIT 31-Aug-09: I hate to have to do this but I'm taking a lippie off. I have no idea why, but I cannot get consistently good results from this. I can wear it one day and it will be great - I'll be shine-free with perfect, fresh makeup for a whole day... but on other days it just fails me. This seems to happen a lot to me and I guess my best strategy is to have a number of mattifying primers/finishing products on hand and keep them all in high rotation. I still think this is a product to try if you have oily skin though!

on 6/23/2009 3:07:00 PM

Hair: Red, Curly, Coarse

Whoa - this is an AMAZING product. Truly, the only oil control product that has ever worked for me. I use this with powder, liquid and cream foundations and it really DOES keep my makeup unshiny and in place all day long.

My skin is super oily - shiny all the time, no blotting powder or mattifier has ever worked well for me at all. I had my doubts about this one, and the first time I tried it, thought "eh." I used it in the afternoon - after my makeup was already shiny. Figured out the next day that was a mistake.

With this product, I get the BEST results using it over sunblock but under foundation. Spritz a few times, let dry a few moments while I lay out my products. Apply my makeup as usual, then mist it again 3-4 times. By sandwiching my makeup, I have a perfect, just-applied finish for at least 8 hours. If I need to refresh, I just blot the surface, spritz, then lightly repowder - set for another marathon!

No clogging, no breakouts, I love that the product is scentless, too. Just all around a winner!