November 24, 2014 | 1408 users online

Primer/ Corrector - Skindinavia - No More Shine Makeup Finish

image 0image 1image 2

rated 4 of 5 on 11/20/2009 11:57:00 AM More reviews by kaishodge

I bought Model in a Bottle and I didn't get results that I was crazy about. The results only lasted about 2 hrs and that didnt cut it for me. I have super oily skin so I needed something with more power.

I bought Skindinavia No More Shine at drugstore.com for $29.99 as an alternative to Model in a Bottle. I have to say that Skindinavia No More Shine does deliver on its promise. This stuff works wonderfully.

The consistency of the formula itself is superior to Model in a Bottle because it lacks that alcohol base and is clear and fresh. I apply my makeup and spray it about 4 times then I am off for the day.

I timed my results and I have to say that my face does still get oily but after about 5-6 hrs which is most of the average work day anyway. And to be fair my skin is really super oily so I just blot when needed and my face keeps that "just applied" freshness.

Despite the 6 hr oil break through the makeup itself stays in place, no running, slipping, sliding or smearing. Unbelievable! I love this stuff and will only use my Model in a Bottle for a quick nite out or to tide me over when I run out of Skininavia.

It's expensive and I wish they had something stronger for insanely oily skin like mine but this is the best its going to get for me and I will definitely repurchase.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 8/24/2009 11:57:00 AM More reviews by Fieeeh

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Very Oily, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Grey

I can't see much of a difference from the original formula - I don't see any less shine with this, and I still have to blot throughout the day. It smells a little better than the original IMO though, and the bottle is bigger, so that's a plus.

rated 5 of 5 on 8/13/2009 11:48:00 AM More reviews by makeupmandy

Age: 30-35 Skin: Very Oily, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

I've used this 2X and have been pretty impressed with the results. I have VERY oily skin and (like other reveiwers) have tried every primer and mattifier on the market. I need to experiment with this but this does seem to work best if you apply if before your makeup as well as after. If you apply if after then either apply mascara as a final step or put on some sunglasses before you spray because this made my mascara smudge.
The bottle isn't the most elegant and the application of the product could be improved by transferring it into a finer misting bottle. I think an airbrush gun would really work great.
Skindinavia has several formulas of this product. One is supposed to seal your makeup for dancing, one is a makeup finishing spray, one is for bridal use, etc. If anyone has compared these products, I would LOVE to know if they are at all different. I am suspicious that marketing is the only thing differentiating them. I'm getting married next month and am toying with gettng the bridal finish, but as I've already spent a small fortune on makeup this month I'm holding out :)

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 8/6/2009 11:51:00 PM More reviews by stargazer_lily

Age: 30-35 Skin: Oily, Fair, Warm Hair: Blond, Straight, Fine Eyes: Blue

Finally - an oil-control product that delivers on its promises! First, a little background. I have incredibly oily skin in my t-zone. I have tried everything - Shiseido SPF 55 lotion, numerous oil control powders and primers... my skin just mocks them all. It is determined to produce an unattractive oily sheen in my t-zone! I can put makeup on and in 3 or 4 hours, it is shiny and has begun breaking down into unattractive patches. So I can blot the oiliness away, but when my makeup disintegrates on my face, well that requires a more serious touch-up. Something I don't always have time for! It is a frustrating issue for me.

Skindinavia No More Shine Makeup Finish spray has really helped. I have been using this for a week now. At first I was not impressed but I realised where I went wrong. The first problem was that I did not shake the bottle enough! This is very important because the mattifying ingredients separate from the liquid - I did not realise this until I decanted into a smaller, travel-friendly sprayer bottle which is translucent (you can't see inside the original packaging which is white). So shake the bottle vigorously before you use!! Also, be sure to spray generously and evenly. Here's what I have been doing:
1) Apply sunscreen/acne treatments to face and let dry for 15-20 min
2) Spray face with Skindinavia 3-4 times and let dry
3) Apply powder foundation, concealer, blush and pressed powder
4) Spray face with Skindinavia 2-3 times
5) Do eye makeup (I use a separate primer) and lips.

With this routine I am getting many hours of wear from my makeup. I no longer need to blot/repair makeup at lunchtime. By early afternoon I can see the merest hint of shine - it's more like a natural glow and certainly nothing greasy or unattractive. Once I get home from work (a good 12 hours after application), my makeup is still intact - it could use a blot, that's all. I am pretty darn impressed! My one gripe is the spray bottle packaging - I wasn't happy with the way it sprayed, but once I decanted into my own sprayer, I got a more even, finer mist from it. Another thing is the price - this stuff is not cheap... however, it does perform, so as long as they keep making it, I will keep buying it. 5 Lippies. Thank you Skindinavia, you have changed my life!

EDIT 31-Aug-09: I hate to have to do this but I'm taking a lippie off. I have no idea why, but I cannot get consistently good results from this. I can wear it one day and it will be great - I'll be shine-free with perfect, fresh makeup for a whole day... but on other days it just fails me. This seems to happen a lot to me and I guess my best strategy is to have a number of mattifying primers/finishing products on hand and keep them all in high rotation. I still think this is a product to try if you have oily skin though!

13 out of 13 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 6/23/2009 3:07:00 PM More reviews by bmichlig

Age: 36-43 Skin: Combination, Fair, Warm Hair: Red, Curly, Coarse Eyes: Green

Whoa - this is an AMAZING product. Truly, the only oil control product that has ever worked for me. I use this with powder, liquid and cream foundations and it really DOES keep my makeup unshiny and in place all day long.

My skin is super oily - shiny all the time, no blotting powder or mattifier has ever worked well for me at all. I had my doubts about this one, and the first time I tried it, thought "eh." I used it in the afternoon - after my makeup was already shiny. Figured out the next day that was a mistake.

With this product, I get the BEST results using it over sunblock but under foundation. Spritz a few times, let dry a few moments while I lay out my products. Apply my makeup as usual, then mist it again 3-4 times. By sandwiching my makeup, I have a perfect, just-applied finish for at least 8 hours. If I need to refresh, I just blot the surface, spritz, then lightly repowder - set for another marathon!

No clogging, no breakouts, I love that the product is scentless, too. Just all around a winner!

6 out of 7 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No