August 20, 2014 | 2027 users online

Liquid - Maybelline - Super Stay Makeup

rated 3 of 5 on 5/5/2013 12:56:00 AM More reviews by JanetA7X

I bought this a while back because I was running low on my revlon colorstay. It totally sucks compared to it. I've used nothing but revlon colorstay ever since I started wearing foundation a little over a year ago. I have oily skin and colorstay stays on throughout school which is great. This foundation I think makes me more oily than colorstay. It smears a lot & it doesn't even stay on. There was one day it actually stayed on but other than that the coverage is like gone when I get home. I don't think I can say one good thing about this. Just gotta put up with it til I finish it. Ugh! Also it stains my foundation brushes. I use the antibacterial dish soap and extra virgin olive oil method to clean my brushes which has worked very well & with this foundation it just won't completely come off. It's so annoying. Does anyone else have this problem? It stays on my brushes but sure doesn't stay on my face!!

rated 4 of 5 on 4/23/2013 5:30:00 AM More reviews by Tayla91

Age: 19-24 Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Cool Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Hazel

I am not usually a fan of liquid foundations, as I prefer a natural look, but there are some occasions that call for it. Though I was unsure upon purchasing this product I was not left disappointed. It suited my skin tone, did not come across as too thick or cakey and its staying power was wonderful. It also blends well and gives full coverage. From now on this is my go-to product when purchasing liquid foundations.

rated 4 of 5 on 4/21/2013 11:52:00 PM More reviews by athena2112

This is my first review on Makeup Alley so here goes:

I have tried tons of different foundations! Everything from expensive department store stuff (Lancome) to the cheapest of drug store brands (Wet 'N Wild) and this stuff has so far been one of the best! It matches my skintone ALMOST perfectly and that is not easy to do! I am Irish, very fair skinned and with most foundations the lightest shade either makes me look like a "ghost face" (horribly pale, sunken in dark eyes, something out of a scary movie lol) or they are just plain too dark. I use the porcelain ivory shade which is the lightest and it has a slight pink undertone which works great for my Irish skin! Sometimes I still have to make sure to look in the mirror when I get in my car to look and see that I don't have any orange lines on my face although it is rare anymore! My skin is also combination/oily and acne prone and it doesn't appear to aggravate it. I will def be buying again!!

rated 5 of 5 on 4/11/2013 10:02:00 AM More reviews by JessicaFletcher

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Grey

better than Chanel and costs pennies

rated 4 of 5 on 4/8/2013 7:42:00 PM More reviews by Simpliciti3

I was looking for a foundation that would give good coverage and stay on my oily skin throughout the day.

I have the shade sand beige and it still does not match my yellow skin tone. Its too pinky for me. It doesn't irritate or break me out, so far from what Ive tried Maybelline face products don't irritate or break me out.

This foundation has medium-full to full coverage. I really like the coverage it gives. Be careful when applying, it can get cakey when you apply on too much. I notice this foundation looks best when first applied, its not one that wears well throughout the day. It tends to get kind of cakey throughout the day. As far as oiliness, it gets oily around 4 hours more or less depending on the environment and what not.

Overall, this is one of the better foundations Ive tried. I like the formula and coverage, but I wish Maybelline would have better shade matches for yellow tones. I might repurchase just because it is one of the better drugstore foundations Ive tried and its more affordable.

rated 3 of 5 on 4/4/2013 4:21:00 AM More reviews by SimplySydney

Age: 19-24 Skin: Acne-prone, Medium Brown, Warm Hair: Brown, Relaxed, Fine Eyes: Brown

To my surprise, this foundation performed pretty well. The consistency reminds me of Revlon Colorstay. The product claims it lasts 24 hours- I did notice a slight expansion of time before I needed to blot the oil (I'm an oil slick, so this was fairly impressive) and powder down.
The finish is semi-matte, which was nice, though I prefer matte.

Honestly, my main complaint here is that the shades are too limited for women of color. The closest shade to my skin was Caramel. It's not too off per say, but the yellow undertone is a little overbearing. Luckily the shade matches my neck and chest and I also have a darker powder to better match my skin, so it's not a big problem.

rated 3 of 5 on 3/15/2013 4:42:00 AM More reviews by amypoppyflower

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Grey

If applied properly, this is a pretty decent product for a drugstore foundation. It is full coverage with a matte finish - probably more ideal for oily skin. I used Sand Beige, but found it to be a little orange throughout the day. It also has the potential to be very cakey if a lot of product is used - which is easy to do because of the packaging.

I used it a lot while I was in school and loved it, but as I've finished school I've started to prefer more dewy, natural looking finishes. This doesn't really look natural, I don't think it's designed to be.

For what is costs, it's an alright product!

rated 2 of 5 on 3/4/2013 12:04:00 AM More reviews by MochaLatte18

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Acne-prone, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Black, Straight, Medium Eyes: Black

I heard that this was equivalent to the colourstay, since I don't have much money being a student and all, I went out and bought this instead when I was running low. The shade I got was a tad bit light for me but as everyone says, it oxidizes and matches my skin colour nicely. It had a powdery finish which i though i would really like but this made my face look so chalky, cakey, oily and dry (I do use a moisturizer). Having a combination skin I did expect to get oily but this foundation looked like it was dissolving from it, my face looked and felt like someone smeared Vaseline all over it, my face never becomes that oily without the foundation. Whenever i blot my face when I become greasy it's like I am taking off the foundation. Even though they claimed that this foundation doesn't transfer, it does, a lot. A piece of paper could just slightly touch my face during class and it will look like someone rubbed paint on it. I had high hopes for this foundation from all the reviews I've seen here but I was completely let down and betrayed.

rated 5 of 5 on 2/26/2013 10:12:00 AM More reviews by ilovelipbutters

Age: 19-24 Skin: Very Dry, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Other, Straight, Fine Eyes: Green

I have very dry, fair skin with warm undertones. I use shade Sand Beige (the second lightest). It is a tad bit dark for me but looks better on me than the lighter, more pinky toned Porcelain Ivory. [I really wish they had something in berween] Regardless of the shade match, LOVE this foundation. It's very similar to Revlon Color Stay but much more lightweight on the skin. It's medium to full coverage, builds nicely, doesn't dry too quickly & covers amazingly!! I had a bad break out this morning (not from this product) & the left side of my face was very red.. It covered all of the redness with no concealer! :) My only complaints are my personal shade match & no pump.. which doesn't bother me that bad, but it's always nice to have for hygienic reasons. I have applied with fingers, a stippling brush, & I'm currently testing it with a flat top kabuki. It applies flawlessly with the stippling brush & gives an airbrush effect. With my dry skin I don't even have to apply a powder if I don't want to & it still lasts all day. The price is between 8-12 dollars, depending where you buy it which isn't too bad.. Either way it's well worth the price!! Overall, I am very happy with this foundation and I will purchase again and again. This is my holy grail & I wear every day.

rated 4 of 5 on 2/7/2013 10:32:00 PM More reviews by Bree727

I really like this foundation! It goes on nicely, doesn't feel too heavy but has good coverage, blends easily, and does not maximize try/flakey areas. Very good for dry skin. Sadly, their lightest shade was still too dark for my very light skin tone, or I would be using this everyday!