April 18, 2014 | 1346 users online

Liquid - Maybelline - Super Stay Makeup

rated 3 of 5 on 4/4/2013 4:21:00 AM More reviews by SimplySydney

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Dark, Warm Hair: Brown, Relaxed, Fine Eyes: Brown

To my surprise, this foundation performed pretty well. The consistency reminds me of Revlon Colorstay. The product claims it lasts 24 hours- I did notice a slight expansion of time before I needed to blot the oil (I'm an oil slick, so this was fairly impressive) and powder down.
The finish is semi-matte, which was nice, though I prefer matte.

Honestly, my main complaint here is that the shades are too limited for women of color. The closest shade to my skin was Caramel. It's not too off per say, but the yellow undertone is a little overbearing. Luckily the shade matches my neck and chest and I also have a darker powder to better match my skin, so it's not a big problem.

rated 3 of 5 on 3/15/2013 4:42:00 AM More reviews by amypoppyflower

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Grey

If applied properly, this is a pretty decent product for a drugstore foundation. It is full coverage with a matte finish - probably more ideal for oily skin. I used Sand Beige, but found it to be a little orange throughout the day. It also has the potential to be very cakey if a lot of product is used - which is easy to do because of the packaging.

I used it a lot while I was in school and loved it, but as I've finished school I've started to prefer more dewy, natural looking finishes. This doesn't really look natural, I don't think it's designed to be.

For what is costs, it's an alright product!

rated 2 of 5 on 3/4/2013 12:04:00 AM More reviews by MochaLatte18

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Acne-prone, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Black

I heard that this was equivalent to the colourstay, since I don't have much money being a student and all, I went out and bought this instead when I was running low. The shade I got was a tad bit light for me but as everyone says, it oxidizes and matches my skin colour nicely. It had a powdery finish which i though i would really like but this made my face look so chalky, cakey, oily and dry (I do use a moisturizer). Having a combination skin I did expect to get oily but this foundation looked like it was dissolving from it, my face looked and felt like someone smeared Vaseline all over it, my face never becomes that oily without the foundation. Whenever i blot my face when I become greasy it's like I am taking off the foundation. Even though they claimed that this foundation doesn't transfer, it does, a lot. A piece of paper could just slightly touch my face during class and it will look like someone rubbed paint on it. I had high hopes for this foundation from all the reviews I've seen here but I was completely let down and betrayed.

rated 5 of 5 on 2/26/2013 10:12:00 AM More reviews by ilovelipbutters

Age: 19-24 Skin: Very Dry, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Other, Straight, Fine Eyes: Green

I have very dry, fair skin with warm undertones. I use shade Sand Beige (the second lightest). It is a tad bit dark for me but looks better on me than the lighter, more pinky toned Porcelain Ivory. [I really wish they had something in berween] Regardless of the shade match, LOVE this foundation. It's very similar to Revlon Color Stay but much more lightweight on the skin. It's medium to full coverage, builds nicely, doesn't dry too quickly & covers amazingly!! I had a bad break out this morning (not from this product) & the left side of my face was very red.. It covered all of the redness with no concealer! :) My only complaints are my personal shade match & no pump.. which doesn't bother me that bad, but it's always nice to have for hygienic reasons. I have applied with fingers, a stippling brush, & I'm currently testing it with a flat top kabuki. It applies flawlessly with the stippling brush & gives an airbrush effect. With my dry skin I don't even have to apply a powder if I don't want to & it still lasts all day. The price is between 8-12 dollars, depending where you buy it which isn't too bad.. Either way it's well worth the price!! Overall, I am very happy with this foundation and I will purchase again and again. This is my holy grail & I wear every day.

rated 4 of 5 on 2/7/2013 10:32:00 PM More reviews by Bree727

I really like this foundation! It goes on nicely, doesn't feel too heavy but has good coverage, blends easily, and does not maximize try/flakey areas. Very good for dry skin. Sadly, their lightest shade was still too dark for my very light skin tone, or I would be using this everyday!

rated 5 of 5 on 2/7/2013 1:44:00 PM More reviews by nativetrees

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair, Neutral Hair: Brown, Straight, Medium Eyes: Blue

This is the foundation I always go back to. It covers beautifully, lasts all day, does not break me out, and does not make my pores look huge (looking at you, Dream Smooth Mousse). My main problem is I have dry skin, and this stuff does NOT accentuate any dryness. The texture is a bit thick, but you only need a small amount. Once blended, it feels very nice. I'd say it sets to a satin finish. I like my t-zone to be matte so I use a powder afterwards.

I'd say the only con is the bottle packaging. If it had a pump, it would be perfect. After some time, some foundation builds up inside the cap and it's really gunky and gross. But that is my own fault--I should swipe the bottle clean after each use.

The color selection has its faults, too. I currently use the second shade (Sand Beige) but it's the tiniest bit dark for me. When I run out (which will be soon), I will get Porcelain Ivory.

All in all, this stuff still gets 5 stars. It makes me look absolutely flawless. I would really recommend this for dry-skinned ladies who still want a long-lasting foundation.

UPDATE: Been using Porcelain Ivory and it is a perfect color match. I was worried it'd be too pink but it doesn't show up as pink on my face. HG.

rated 2 of 5 top reviewer on 1/26/2013 1:04:00 AM More reviews by deliberateangel

Age: 30-35 Skin: Very Dry, Fair, Warm Hair: Brunette, Curly, Coarse Eyes: Hazel

At first, I thought this product was awesome. But as I worked through the bottle, my skin became worse and worse. I have very dry, sensitive skin that RARELY ever breaks out with a single pimple. Within two weeks, my skin became bumpy looking and I kept getting pimples. My skin started looking terrible.
The foundation also kept oxidizing and would wear off within 6 hours, so touch ups were necessary. The first applications went well but as I used more and more, that makeup became weirder. It would oxidize fast and would wear off fast. I am not sure why, I thought maybe the ingredients separating but I always shake bottles before use. I have gone back to a non-long wearing foundation that offers skin repair benefits.

rated 4 of 5 on 1/25/2013 10:10:00 PM More reviews by Cocoa28

This product is good. It gives you a full coverage but it can leave your face looking really oily without applying a powder. I also wish they had more color options because I have to mix a cappuccino and cocoa to get my correct complexion.

rated 4 of 5 on 1/24/2013 9:25:00 PM More reviews by Taraelizabeth6

Age: 19-24 Skin: Oily, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

** EDIT: This stuff is IMPOSSIBLE to get off at night! Make sure you wash your face very well and use makeup remover!
----------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Overall,

pros
- oil free
- non comodogenic
- lasts almost 10 hours on oily skin with no problem
- no pump on the bottle
- runs out quickly

cons
- rubs off very easily
- hard to remove
- oxidizes on my skin
- you cant tell how much is left in the bottle

Its my everyday foundation until I find my HG! As far as I know this foundation has not broken me out & I'm on my 5th bottle!

rated 3 of 5 on 1/24/2013 1:07:00 AM More reviews by Clarissa101

I hate long reviews so I'm just gonna get to the point. Ran out of my pro long wear and needed a cheap alternative. I was going to get Revlon Color Stay. But they didn't have my shade. I seen my fav guru always talking about this product! Saamage. So I wanted to try out this foundation, it was 11$(I live in Canada). I am caramel skin tone.. Darker then a lightskin and lighter then a brown skin.. I'm a NC45 in Mac but that is a bit too light for me. So anyways, the foundation is very THICK! Took forever to come out.. I use a sigma f80 to apply it... It goes on well! Easy to apply for me but dries very quick.. Didn't feel heavy on my skin at all.. Coverage isn't full.. I think it has potential to be build able tho. It was more medium. Overall I will use this for a everyday school foundation.. It's light and I don't need heavy coverage for school. Does not STAY ON FOR LONG! I came home and was not surprised with the results like other drugstore foundations in the past...I would say about 4-5 hours. Then again I didn't set it with powder but the foundation shouldn't claim to stay forever if it doesn't! Meh I'm not crazy over this foundation... It's ur average drug store foundation with good color selection but I don't think lives up to all the hype...