November 24, 2014 | 1179 users online

Eye Makeup Remover - L'Oreal - Clean Artiste

rated 5 of 5 on 10/25/2009 11:42:00 PM More reviews by michellecruz1

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Tan, Cool Hair: Black, Curly, Medium Eyes: Brown

I like this remover. it takes off even waterproof eyeliner and mascara. I got it at walmart and it was pretty cheap. I use to use one from clinique but this works exactly the same and doesn't leave you as oily.

rated 5 of 5 on 10/16/2009 12:16:00 AM More reviews by saomia

This eye makeup remover is so awesome and the price is right, dirt cheap, for removing water-proof mascara without greasy residue. It works just as good as Lancome's Bi-Facil without the price tag. I also use it to remove the rest of my makeup and water-resistant sunscreen.

rated 4 of 5 on 8/29/2009 5:09:00 PM More reviews by Bella1474

I'm another girl who was on the hunt for something cheaper after my Bi-Facil ran out...I just can't justify paying 20-something bux for eye makeup remover right now. So I bought this on a whim because I saw it was new at CVS and a dual phase, (like Bi-Facil). It works wonderfully well, it's nearly as good as Lancome's. My only real gripe is the bottle itself, the lack of a stopper on top has had me pour out waaaay too much when I'm in a rush, and it's hard to control what comes out.

rated 4 of 5 on 8/28/2009 1:25:00 PM More reviews by nday33

Age: 36-43 Skin: Combination, Tan, Warm Hair: Black, Straight, Medium Eyes: Black

I loved this product. It works just as well as its "older sister" Lancome's Bi-Facil but at a price that fits this recessionista! It easily removed my waterproof mascara, and long-wearing cream eye shadow and did not irritate my often sensitive contact wearing eyes. No tugging needed. Why only a 4 rating then? I just think L'Oreal could've come up with a better name.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 8/11/2009 11:26:00 PM More reviews by pocky

I bought Clean Artiste on a whim and it was a very nice surprise. What I love about it is that it removes waterproof eye makeup just as well as my HG, Lancome Bi-Facil, but is much (much much) cheaper, fragrance-free, and doesn't leave an oily residue. My skin just feels clean. Clean Artiste removed my Bobbi Brown Longwear Gel eyeliner in a couple of swipes without any effort or irritaton. I already bought a second bottle as a backup because I'm like that. You can never have too many backups of a great product!

I'd hate to end my review on a sour note but I can't ignore the fact that the packaging of the bottle could be better. I personally would've prefered a sleeker bottle with a smaller cap that's easier to hold. A plastic insert thingy to control the flow of product would also be nice. I'm so used to bottles with the stopper thing (please tell me its proper name) that one night I automatically tipped the Clean Artiste all the way upside down the way I do with my Lancome Bi-Facil and most of it ended up down my sink drain.

rated 2 of 5 on 7/28/2009 10:59:00 PM More reviews by celorenz

Age: 44-55 Skin: Combination, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Other

Very disappointing product. Removes waterproof eye make up with A LOT of rubbing, and then not all of it. Nice, green bottle, but useless product.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 7/17/2009 3:17:00 AM More reviews by A88A

Age: 25-29 Skin: Very Oily, Fair, Cool Hair: Blond, Straight, Fine Eyes: Blue

I wear Shu Uemura mascara, and I often have trouble removing it. L'Oreal Clean Artiste took it off with no problems or irritation. I had IntraLase exactly one week ago, and I was looking for something that would take my mascara off with minimal rubbing. Vaseline works, but I really have to rub, and my eyes can't really take that right now. I am actually liking this more than Vaseline right now, and it's a million times easier to wash off. Just a little on a cotton round and >poof< no more makeup.

rated 2 of 5 top reviewer on 7/5/2009 3:22:00 AM More reviews by Jetaime

Age: 19-24 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Cool Hair: Blond, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Hazel

I hate to ruin the nice rating of this product but it is a No Go for me! I wear contacts and mascara every day. I have some sensitivity to eye makeup remover but not an extreme amount. Lancome's Bi-Facial works great for me. Anyway, this stuff burned like crazy! My eyes sting, water, and turn red with one swipe. It took about three swipes to remove all my mascara from one eye and by that time, I could barely stand to open my eyes. I wish this remover worked because I'm looking for a good remover at a better price but I'll never repurchase Clean Artiste!

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 6/14/2009 11:47:00 AM More reviews by luvsbrdeddragns

Age: 30-35 Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Cool Hair: Other, Straight, Fine Eyes: Hazel

I've never been a fan of waterproof mascara because I could never get it fully removed off my lashes. I don't use oil based removers since I wear contacts and that's just a filmy, oily, blurry mess. (I don't remove my contacts to take off makeup; I wear Nite & Day and they stay in for 30 days/nights at a time). Well I decided to try L'Oreal Voluminous Waterproof (you can see my review on that) and this remover was on the same display, so I thought "what they heck?" and gave it a try. Love it. Easily removes WP mascara and MAC blacktrack fluidliner without scrubbing with steel wool. No film, no blurriness. I HIGHLY recommend this to contact lens wearers!!