L'Oreal Clean Artiste

3.9

GREEN BOTTLE / Waterproof & Long Wearing: Aqua/Water, Cyclopentasiloxane, Isohexadecane, Isopropyl, Palmitate, Dipotassium, Phosphate, Panthenol, Poloxamer 184, Polyaminopropyl, Biguanide, Potassium Phosphate, Sodium Chloride. ~~~BLUE BOTTLE / 100% Oil-Free: Water, Hexylene Glycol, Disodium Cocoamphodiacetate, Dipotassium Phosphate, Potassium Phosphate, Sodium Laureth 8 Sulfate, Sodium Laureth Sulfate, Allantoin, Magnesium Laureth 8 Sulfate, Magnesium Laureth Sulfate, Sodium Oleth Sulfate, Magnesium Oleth Sulfate, Imidazolidinyl Urea, Methylparaben, Disodium EDTA, Sodium Benzoate, Fragrance, FIL

on 1/28/2010 4:43:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Medium, Warm

First of all, I have extremely sensitive skin around my eyes. The neutrogena remover (and others) irritated my skin pretty badly. This remover doesn't. No stinging, no drying, no itching. Removes any eye makeup very easily without rubbing. I use this on Shiseido facial cotton which reduces irritation and controls product use as well. It doesn't actually matter, but I love the green color :)

on 11/20/2009 4:55:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Other, Not Sure

This is absolutely the best eye makeup remover that I've been used, it's in very affordable price but still remover the eye makeup so effectively. I have a Japanese version Kiss me mascara and it's so waterproof and difficult to remove (I promise, if you don't touch it, it'll stay on your eyelashes for at least couple months), but this remover is the only one that can remover it in just few seconds. Excellent drugstore product, I'll definitely repurchase it again and again since I just can't live without it.

on 11/19/2009 10:13:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Warm

I really like this product. I normally use Bi-Facil, and I think this works even better, and for sure it is less expensive.

Does not bother my eyes at all (as an aside, the posters who say this product bothers their eyes but Neutrogena doesn't - it's the opposite for me...Neutrogena stings like crazy for me and makes the skin around my eyes peel. Yikes!)

Not too oily. Doesn't sting. Makeup (Nars mascara - waterproof) removed easily, without much wiping.

I am a contact lens wearer and I would buy this again in an instant!

on 10/26/2009 12:14:00 PM

Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Coarse

Happy that a lot of you liked it, but I used it exactly one time and hated it. I stupidly bought this instead of the Neutrogena Oil Free Makeup Remover that I normally buy...just felt like a change. What a mistake. This was around the same cost as the Neutrogena ($6.50?). First of all, it didn't seem to work...usually, when I press down on my lashes with a cotton pad on which I've put remover for a few seconds, the remover will begin to work and you see it on the pad...not this stuff. A few mascara flakes came off. I put some more on the pad and tried again, this time gently rubbing...and OW!!!...this stuff stings!!! I do NOT have sensitive eyes or skin, so this was an unwelcome surprise...was like getting soap in my eyes. I immediately put the lid on and grabbed the Neutrogena that still had about one application left in it. Eye makeup came off easily, no stinging. The L'Oreal is going back to the store...not worth it, AT ALL.

on 10/25/2009 11:42:00 PM

Skin: Combination, Tan, Cool

Hair: Black, Curly, Medium

I like this remover. it takes off even waterproof eyeliner and mascara. I got it at walmart and it was pretty cheap. I use to use one from clinique but this works exactly the same and doesn't leave you as oily.

on 10/16/2009 12:16:00 AM

This eye makeup remover is so awesome and the price is right, dirt cheap, for removing water-proof mascara without greasy residue. It works just as good as Lancome's Bi-Facil without the price tag. I also use it to remove the rest of my makeup and water-resistant sunscreen.

on 8/29/2009 5:09:00 PM

I'm another girl who was on the hunt for something cheaper after my Bi-Facil ran out...I just can't justify paying 20-something bux for eye makeup remover right now. So I bought this on a whim because I saw it was new at CVS and a dual phase, (like Bi-Facil). It works wonderfully well, it's nearly as good as Lancome's. My only real gripe is the bottle itself, the lack of a stopper on top has had me pour out waaaay too much when I'm in a rush, and it's hard to control what comes out.

on 8/28/2009 1:25:00 PM

Skin: Combination, Tan, Warm

I loved this product. It works just as well as its "older sister" Lancome's Bi-Facil but at a price that fits this recessionista! It easily removed my waterproof mascara, and long-wearing cream eye shadow and did not irritate my often sensitive contact wearing eyes. No tugging needed. Why only a 4 rating then? I just think L'Oreal could've come up with a better name.

on 8/11/2009 11:26:00 PM

Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Neutral

I bought Clean Artiste on a whim and it was a very nice surprise. What I love about it is that it removes waterproof eye makeup just as well as my HG, Lancome Bi-Facil, but is much (much much) cheaper, fragrance-free, and doesn't leave an oily residue. My skin just feels clean. Clean Artiste removed my Bobbi Brown Longwear Gel eyeliner in a couple of swipes without any effort or irritaton. I already bought a second bottle as a backup because I'm like that. You can never have too many backups of a great product!

I'd hate to end my review on a sour note but I can't ignore the fact that the packaging of the bottle could be better. I personally would've prefered a sleeker bottle with a smaller cap that's easier to hold. A plastic insert thingy to control the flow of product would also be nice. I'm so used to bottles with the stopper thing (please tell me its proper name) that one night I automatically tipped the Clean Artiste all the way upside down the way I do with my Lancome Bi-Facil and most of it ended up down my sink drain.

on 7/28/2009 10:59:00 PM

Very disappointing product. Removes waterproof eye make up with A LOT of rubbing, and then not all of it. Nice, green bottle, but useless product.