April 17, 2014 | 1446 users online

Eye Makeup Remover - Equate - Oil-Free Eye Makeup Remover

rated 4 of 5 on 6/28/2010 5:15:00 PM More reviews by mschumps

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Medium, Warm Hair: Black, Wavy, Coarse Eyes: Brown

This Walmart-brand eye makeup remover is great! It's an exact copy of Neutrogena's remover (I compared the ingredients listing) and works better than the waterproof remover from Sephora. Even though I only use non-waterproof mascara, I find that even Sephora's waterproof remover doesn't do a great job. This one is even better. Best of all, it's about $5 US, which is much, much cheaper than Sephora's. I will definitely repurchase. EDIT: Good news - this is available in Canadian Walmarts for a few cents more. :)

EDIT: Recently I started using more mascara (non-waterproof) more often with eyeliner (Revlon Colorstay), and am now finding that this product doesn't seem to remove as well as my basic Pond's cold cream. It is pretty good overall, but I still have to use Pond's to get rid of the rest.

rated 2 of 5 on 4/29/2010 12:26:00 AM More reviews by AL21

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Black, Straight, Medium Eyes: Brown

I used to use the Loreal remover and went cheap and bought this instead. I don't like it. I really have to scrub my eyes to get it to work and it leaves my eyes very very dry. I use Urban Decay 24/7 liner and Loreal Voluminous mascara for reference of what I am removing. This product just doesn't get the job done for me. I prefer the Loreal one.

rated 4 of 5 on 4/27/2010 3:08:00 PM More reviews by nxdfashionista

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Straight, Fine Eyes: Green

This is the neutrogena knock off, and a few bucks cheaper too. I wear heavy makeup for work, and this removed my eye and lip makeup, but with a little bit of work. You've got nothing to lose to try this, because printed on the back label, it says "satisfaction guaranteed by refund or exchange". I have returned equate brand items I didn't like, with no problem. I prefer neutrogena, but for a few bucks less I would use this again.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 4/8/2010 9:09:00 PM More reviews by ximachikenx

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Normal, Medium, Warm Hair: Brown, Straight, Medium Eyes: Brown

I wanted a cheaper alternative to the Neutrogena eye-makeup remover, which I really like. Bought this at Walmart for a fraction of the price and in my opinion it does the exact same thing. You do have to let it sit on your eyelashes for a moment to take off mascara but it's very effective for the price. One bottle takes me a loooong time to use up so it's worth every penny.

rated 5 of 5 on 4/6/2010 10:38:00 PM More reviews by guateangel

Age: 30-35 Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Cool Hair: Blond, Other, Medium Eyes: Blue

Great product and would highly recommend!

rated 5 of 5 on 4/6/2010 10:36:00 PM More reviews by denise8593

I decided to give this a try because the price was right and it was that two layer style type of eye makeup remover. I have found that the two layer types of remover work the best and this one definitely delivered. I have tried lumene which is great, neutrogena which is great, bifacil which is great but Ive realized all of them are like the same thing with that two layer liquid action going on. I would recommend this to anyone looking for an eye makeup remover that removes all traces of makeup really quickly....and because the price is right I can then spend more money in Sephora on makeup :)

rated 5 of 5 on 4/2/2010 10:06:00 AM More reviews by Susan425

Age: 44-55 Skin: Dry, Other, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

Love this eye makeup remover. I've gradually switched to less expensive versions of basically the same eye makeup remover. Started with Lancome Bifacil, then Clinique, Mary Kay, Neutrogena, finally trying the equate brand. Works well for a fraction of the price of others.

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 2/23/2010 11:32:00 AM More reviews by Shayron

I use waterproof mascara most of the time. This is better than the Target brand (boo) but not as good as Neutrogena. It removes waterproof eye liner easily but takes more work and more product on wp mascara.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 2/19/2010 2:32:00 PM More reviews by GeekChick

Age: 25-29 Skin: Very Oily, Fair, Warm Hair: Blond, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Blue

The packaging of this product indicates that it's the generic version of Neutrogenia's Oil Free Eye Makeup Remover. I used to use the Neutrogenia remover, but decided to give this one a try since it was cheaper (especially when you consider that the Equate comes in a larger bottle!). I find that it works just the same -- it does a good job of getting eye makeup off, including waterproof eyeliners and UDPP. It does leave a slight film, but since I always wash my face right after removing my eye makeup that doesn't bother me. It does not bother my sensitive eyes unless for some reason I accidentally get it IN my eye!

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 2/16/2010 2:26:00 AM More reviews by Jexka

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Blond, Straight, Fine Eyes: Blue

I don't know why I used to waste my money on expensive makeup removers. This is ridiculously cheap, and I like it so much more than makeup removers that cost five times as much as this. It removes all traces of makeup from my eyes and face, even difficult waterproof mascaras and eyeliners, and doesn't leave your face soaked with oil. I love this stuff, and will repurchase as soon as I run out.