April 17, 2014 | 1597 users online

Cleansers - LUSH - Dark Angels

image 0image 1image 2

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 3/14/2013 8:14:00 PM More reviews by linet182

I have only been using this product for the last few days and I already can tell you I love this stuff. I don't use it everyday, I try to use it 2-3 times a week at most. It does a great job at exfoliating the skin and washing off all the flakey skin, oil and just leaves my skin feeling clean and supple. Only downside is that this stuff leaves my bathtub a total mess. it is almost like a charcoal so you can see little black things floating around... kinda gross, but well worth it!

rated 5 of 5 on 3/11/2013 2:48:00 PM More reviews by 1432

This product is the best for oily or combination skin. If you have sensitive skin, this product may be too abrasive for you so be careful. I have combination skin and this mops up all my excess oil while leaving a bit of moisture. It also scrubs away all those dead skin cells.
The price is ok but can be quite expensive. Compared to other drugstore brand cleansers (Neutrogena, Cetaphil), this product is about the same price. This product also lasts me a long time. I still wish this product came in a black tub instead of those clear plastic tubs.

rated 5 of 5 on 3/10/2013 5:05:00 AM More reviews by jchrisvfd11

If you have dull and oily skin you MUST try this! It's quite messy but it's so worth the mess. My skin looks instantly fresh and clean, and much brighter. If you're concerned about dangerous ingredients in your products then this is great for you too.
Con: It expires within like...4 months and it comes in a big tub and there is always so much product left over it's such a waste.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 3/6/2013 6:08:00 PM More reviews by Sarah1325

I have used this for years and it it awesome. The smell doesn't bug me at all and the black washes all off. It can be a bit too abrasive but it like it anyways.

rated 3 of 5 on 3/5/2013 11:35:00 PM More reviews by theperoxideprincess

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Coarse Eyes: Brown

Dark Angels is alright, but unfortunately it doesn't work so great on my skin. It comes in a cute little tub. It looks like charcoal, but it smells so good like citrus. All you have to do is put a small chunk in your palm, apply a few drops of water, and mix it into a paste. Then you just apply it to your face in small circles. It looks messy, but it comes off easily. It leaves your face very soft, but in my case it made me break out. Again, each person will experience different results from Dark Angels so go try it out for yourself. Lush always gives out samples.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 2/18/2013 8:18:00 AM More reviews by Amie

Age: 36-43 Skin: Dry, Medium, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Straight, Fine Eyes: Hazel

great scrub for body and face. if you use it on your face just bE GENTLE! it is very scrubby and you needent shred your skin when you use this. it sucks up all the oilies and gunk. I use it if i have blackheads when i wear long wear foundation for more than a few days in a row without switching. My daughter uses it and she has extremely oily and acne prones skin and it really sorts it all out. I have used this on my legs too after waxing and it helps with any bumps and dry skin. will repurchase, and the smell isnt bad, just bland, no bad thing! Is a bit messy, but i havent had to change my bathroom cleansing routine to get rid of this, it rinses away just fine.

rated 5 of 5 on 1/27/2013 1:42:00 PM More reviews by bricupcake

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Oily, Fair, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

PROS
Love this cleanser so much. It is a great exfoliant and keeps the oilies at bay.
not too costly and very worth the price

CONS
not a fan of the scent, but can definitely look past it
messy, but very easy cleanup

rated 2 of 5 top reviewer on 1/19/2013 3:00:00 PM More reviews by EmbalmerBabe

Age: 25-29 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Cool Hair: Brunette, Straight, Medium Eyes: Hazel

I was really excited to try this finally picked it up from the Santa Monica Promenade Lush, as it was sold out online for a long time. I love the smell, a deep earthy coal charcoal smell. It's super thick and heavy and the exfoliation particles are a bit too rough for the sensitive skin on my face. Works great on the body for exfoliating. I didn't notice any difference in an improvement with my acne prone skin. I would say its a great exfoliator but BE Careful if you have really sensitive facial skin as this stuff exfoliates on the rough side. Be very gentle and apply light pressure.if your using on your body scrub away!
The reason why I will not repurchase is this stuff is a complete MESS. I have a white tub and after using this it's stained pitch black and has to be scrubbed off several times to remove it. It leaves a tough black residue in my tub. I'm not fond of triple scrubbing the tub out to get this stuff completely off.

rated 2 of 5 on 1/9/2013 3:58:00 PM More reviews by Emily1994

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Very Oily, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

My cousin got me a free sample of this for Christmas 2010 I think (she bought me some soap, and you can ask for up to 2 free samples when you buy something is the shop. But they don't tell you, obviously). It had all the potential to be a great cleanser and it is really but unfortunately the black colour settles in my pores and give the appearance of blackheads, as well as leaving black smudges everywhere. There's even black all over the sink after using this so yes, it would be an idea to use it in the shower. The black marks are hard to remove and I couldn't use this every day in the morning because I just wouldn't have time to wipe the marks off with tissue all the time. It's got good scrubbiness though and does a relatively decent job on making my skin feel clean. I'm sticking to my St.Ives apricot scrub though.

rated 5 of 5 on 12/31/2012 3:39:00 PM More reviews by azazel0805

Age: 30-35 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Brown

I alternate this with Angels on Bare Skin. It's a bit rougher and drier, but so far hasn't irritated my sensitive skin and has done a good job of preventing excessive oil production during the days I've used it. This leaves my skin feeling soft and smooth, and I've noticed a reduction in blackheads on my nose.
Also, follow the tip about using this in the shower because it does get messy... And follow it up with a mild cleanser (I use Fresh Farmacy) to remove any leftover black/grayish bits on your face. I have a mini-spatula that I use to get the product out of the container because I don't want to dip my fingers into the tub and possibly contaminate the rest of the product.