August 28, 2014 | 1185 users online

Cleansers - LUSH - Dark Angels

image 0image 1image 2

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 8/7/2013 6:43:00 PM More reviews by sweetfart

Age: 19-24 Skin: Very Oily, Medium, Warm Hair: Black, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Black

I am a fairly new customer of Lush. I am not an all-natural, organic, homegrown type of fanatic but it's nice to know it's fresh nevertheless.

This should not be called simply a cleanser, this should be labeled a scrub before all else. It's too abrasive as an everyday cleanser. I have not noticed *improvement* in my skin, but it hasn't *irritated* it as other scrubs and cleansers do either. So I'm gonna stick with it for a while and see how effective it is. My main concerns are oil control and just sloughing off dead skin cells. This definitely softens the skin and removes the dead skin, but I can't really tell yet if it's made a difference on the oil production.

A little goes a long way with this. You can request a generous free sample at the Lush store before you buy.

rated 5 of 5 on 7/30/2013 12:03:00 PM More reviews by ericatomars

Age: 25-29 Skin: Other, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

I received this as a trial. I was really surprised by how much i enjoyed it.

Alot of people are off by the smell. But I personally do think its that strong and considering the ingredients in it. I would expect a funny smell.

Now to the fun part.. all you need is a piece and work it in with some water to make a paste then add to your face. Get in there.. its a great exfoliate and its not as rough as Sea Salt. Its smoothing and relaxing. Then I grab my wash cloth and wipe it off. I feel clean and refreshed. I know some have said it left marks on their face or clogged their pores. I have not had either. It wipes off without a problem with warm water.

And yes it could get messy.. but I've never had any crazy mess.

I really enjoy this product and would defiantly would purchase it.

rated 5 of 5 on 7/21/2013 7:33:00 PM More reviews by giraldo

After years of battling with acne, this is the ONLY thing that got rid of it.

I also use it on the shower almost everyday, I'm very pale and this doesn't leave my face stained at all.

rated 1 of 5 on 7/20/2013 1:57:00 PM More reviews by Sweetspy

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Black

The sales lady recommended me this when I asked her something good for acne. I brought home and tried immediately because I was so looking forward to it. After that my skin didn't seem to like it, at first I thought may be its a first use so I didn't feel good again after few days I applied it and the result was nothing... The ultimate disappointments. I didn't want to apply anymore as I could see no any difference. I gave one of my friends to use it, surprisingly it worked for her though. I could see her acnes were disappearing. My bad this product was not for me.

rated 3 of 5 on 7/17/2013 9:23:00 PM More reviews by DaniDaae

Age: 19-24 Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Green

I love the delicious scent of this. However, my skin is rarely oily enough to warrant such a drying cleanser. I also find it a little too abrasive for my sensitive skin, even if I apply it gently. I have used it on my mam during facials though and she really liked it. it does stain a little, and if not properly removed, it can dull the appearance of your skin.

rated 5 of 5 on 7/2/2013 11:45:00 PM More reviews by Cmappelt

Age: 30-35 Skin: Acne-prone, Olive, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

You have to overlook some issues with this stuff to appreciate it. First the negatives: it's messy, will stain sink and tub, you'll have to use toner or cleanse again after, and you can't use it with the Mia, plus packaging is weird. Positives: you can overlook these things because this is an effective, nice-smelling product that has an awesome texture and will leave you smooth and bright. It's a squidgy, charcoal cleanser. Mix a little water, spread over face and let sit while you brush your teeth. Then add a little more water and exfoliate with circular motions, being gentle. Rinse off and cleanse with the most gentle cleanser you can find like purpose face wash or cetaphil. Then use a toner like witch hazel. I do this routine once or twice a week. I always put the product in a different container first. Along with using my mia the rest if the week, my skin loves this.

rated 5 of 5 on 6/25/2013 8:45:00 PM More reviews by sashaprincip

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Sensitive, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

Update: Started using this morning & night with my Clarisonic brush at night. Has done an AMAZING job of clearing up my acne & making my skin super soft.

rated 4 of 5 on 6/24/2013 8:31:00 AM More reviews by SKWKLBF

Age: 19-24 Skin: Very Oily, Fair, Cool Hair: Brown, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Blue

I ordered this lush cleanser online the other week. It's definitely more of an exfoliater than a cleanser. It is described as "an alternative to Angels on Bare Skin for people with oilier skins." and includes: Rhassoul mud, charcoal and black sugar combine to create a very absorbent and exfoliating cleanser.

Basically it's a mother flipping bad-ass. I'll start off by saying that if you have sensitive skin in the slightest - avoid this. It's a very intense cleanser and is very harsh on the face. It's a solid cleanser which comes in a plant pot like tub (which serves its purpose very well but will be difficult for travelling) and is feels like a crumbly soil. It's black in colour - be warned, this will go all over your sink, hands, and you'll need to rinse your face properly to make sure you don't have a Dark Angels goatee going on from when you used it. Unlike a few others have mentioned it does not stick in my pores and leave my face black, just needs a bit of water and it's gone.

My skin has never ever felt this soft as when I have used it. It makes my very oily clogged skin feel radiant and soft. But it does make my cheeks feel a little irritated as I have redness there. I will likely use this everywhere but my cheeks and that's where any sensitive spots are.

As far as price goes, I think it's pretty good. In the U.K it's £6.25/100g so more expensive than drugstore brands but not bad.

It appears to have a use by date of 3 months which is kinda sucky. You get a lot for how much you need and it's a very intense scrub so I wouldn't advise using it more than once or maybe twice a week.

Overall I really like it! Definitely a winner.

rated 4 of 5 on 6/23/2013 11:03:00 PM More reviews by brieasaur

I love LUSH, let me just get that out there. What I don't love is my super oily, acne prone skin. So when I finally got a sample of Dark Angels, I thought I finally had a HG cleanser (besides LUSH's Grease Lightning).

My sales lady told me to scoop a little out, add water and then apply over my face similarly to a face mask, so I did. Let me tell you, it was difficult and messy. That's the only drawback and the only thing holding me back from buying a full size container. I ended up putting a chunk in my hand, pouring a little bit of water then attempting to get it on my face while it dripped down my hands and all over my bathroom counter. I didn't notice it staining my skin per say (I used to wash cloth to fully wash everything off) but it definitely stains light colored countertops and white sinks (sorry mom!). I included it into my process of putting on a face mask, then this cleanser, Grease Lightning and then my St. Ives moisturizer.

Other than that, it feels great on my skin (I like things a little grittier, it's a bit like St. Ive's apricot scrubs), smells good, and definitely has helped minimize my pores and clear my skin. I just wish that it was easier to use because it's got so much potential.

rated 1 of 5 on 6/12/2013 4:25:00 PM More reviews by yazmin77

This is a black scrub that u mix with a bit of water to create a milky paste and cleanse your skin with, it didn't feel very gritty just normal similar to the st Ives apricot gentle scrub and i cleansed for 2 minutes and then rinsed off it was easy to rinse dident feel any residue and my sink was not in a mess like most reviewers stated, however I Did not see a difference in my skin after use or the next morning it didn't make it soft or smooth just left it normal, I don't think this is worth it because you can just save money and go but yourself a effective aha or bha cleanser or exfoilator besides another big CON Is that u have to use this in 3 months, you only supposed to use this once a week and you need a pie size and this supposed to last you three months? Waste of time and money,