LUSH Dark Angels

Rhassoul Mud, Cold Pressed Avocado Oil, Glycerine, Powdered Charcoal, Black Sugar, Sodium Lauroyl Sarcosinate, Perfume, Linalool, Sandalwood Oil, Rosewood oil (VEGAN)

on 12/30/2013 5:20:00 AM

This was my first lush product and I have been using for a little over a month now. I love it! I wear a fair bit of makeup daily and I use this to get it off at night as opposed to a wipe. I find it to be much more efficient at removing my makeup and exfoliating my skin. It smells like sweet licorice which I love! It is easy to mix and only requires a minimal amount of water. A little goes a really long way, I'm thinking ill get a good 6 months out of it using it 1-2 times daily. My go to exfloiator before a face mask really leaves the skin feeling baby smooth but not dry! Will buy again!

on 12/15/2013 12:36:00 PM

Hair: Other, Straight, Medium

Horrible. I tried to like Lush products but for me, they are just overpriced, do not work, and smell disgusting. I have bought my last product from this brand. There are so many superior brands than Lush which work better.

on 12/15/2013 6:05:00 AM

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Warm

LOVE this cleanser/exfoliant. Use it every other day in the shower (it's messy) and find it to be compatible with my acne prone skin. Hasn't broke me out and isn't too harsh or irritating on my skin. Will certainly repurchase.

on 12/12/2013 12:58:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Fair, Neutral

An overview of my skin:

In the summer, I'm combination. In the winter, I'm normal/dry. I do experience hormonal acne, but since it's hormonal, it's not due to having oily skin.

Dryness, redness, acne and dullness are my main skin concerns.

They say that this is basically a combination of LUSH's Coal Face, and Angels On Bare Skin. Both are favorites of mine, for completely different reasons. Angels is soothing, and a bit hydrating. Coal Face deep cleans, minimizes pores like no one's business, and clears up acne (regardless of it's nature) very efficiently.

I love this combination of my 2 favorite LUSH cleansers. The smell is a mix of lavendar/vanilla/black licorice, which I personally love. It is quite abrasive, so I will only use it 2x a week, with a lighter hand. Due to the abrasiveness, this may not be good for people with sensitive skin. Even though I don't have oily skin, I find the LUSH cleansers meant for oily skin work very well for clearing up my acne, calming down redness, and minimizing pores. Since it is such a deep clean, I am sure to hydrate well and tone after using this, but it causes me no extra dryness overall, and I have the (almost clear) skin of an angel with regular use!

It can be messy, but it's not as bad as I've heard. Just use a quarter sized amount in the shower or bath, and give your tub a rinse afterwards if you see any little granules leftover. I woild recommend this for many skin types besides sensitive, as it cures a number of common skin problems people seem to experience.

Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

I LOVE THIS PRODUCT!! This is the best all natural face cleaner I have ever used. It makes my face matte and the charcoal in it really helps in reduces oil which is perfect for my oily skin! Also it provides a little bit of exfoliating from the texture. I found this one to be better than the other 3 face cleaners Lush has. Will forever repurchase this cleaner.

on 11/16/2013 10:37:00 AM

I bought this product after being highly impressed with their vanishing cream. It provides a decent level of scrub, without being too abrasive. It smells a lot like liquorice, so be aware of this if you have any massive opinion on the smell! Also, it is black in colour and can be quite messy, so I recommend using in the shower! A little goes a long way, so a pot will last for months. Also, if you bring back 5 empty pots you get a free face mask so save your lush pots!

on 11/4/2013 7:35:00 PM

So my lovely hubs got a brilliant idea for us to take Himalayan salt baths. So after I finished making our kids lunch he told me he had drawn me a bath with the Himalayan rock salt. Little did I know he used 10x the amount that should have been used. So he threw the PH of my skin into a tail spin. I started breaking out with cystic acne and I haven't had that in years. I did some research and I knew we had a Lush store on the strip here in Vegas, so I sent him to pick Dark Angels and a few other items. This stuff worked like dark MAGIC! After a few washes all my deep cystic acne had surfaced and was healing. I was truly amazed! We are now switching a lot of our hygiene and body care items out for Lush products. This did such wonders for my skin. It really draws out all the "crap" your skin hoards and pulls it to the surface to be washed away! The only thing I don't like is the fact that I paid 15$ on this cleanser and got it in a very cheap container. I was a little shocked because on the website it comes in a black tub, mine came in something that looked like it had fishing bait in it at one point. But I digress, this product is amazing, a very small amount goes a long way. Don't think it would be good more than twice a week as it is very abrasive. Very good on acne prone OILY skin. If your dry, I would not recommend this for you. Maybe try Lush herbalism for more dry skin types.

on 10/31/2013 12:36:00 PM

I love this scrubby cleanser! Only once a week though. I am almost 50 and don't have any skin issues but it makes my face so clean and fresh feeling. I am careful with rubbing it to much because it is quite abrasive. It has also cleared up my son's (15) acne. He uses this once a week with fresh farmacy and coal face the other days. His face really cleared up when he started using this though.

on 10/16/2013 7:41:00 PM

I really like this cleanser. It feels nice on the skin and is moderately abrasive. It does help control oil and any blemishes have improved since using this product. It last a long time and just a little pinch of the product goes a long way. The only drawback to this is it is black colored and will stick to your shower. The only way to wash it off is with cleaning products.

on 9/29/2013 11:30:00 PM

I bought this along with Angels on Bare Skin to try for NZ$18.90 each. I think for the price it gives a decent amount of product as you only need to use a pea size each time. I bought this primarily for an exfoliant to use once or twice a week in the shower (very messy!). Don't know what it is but I'm not completely sold on it yet. Maybe it's because it feels too harsh on my skin? It just feels scratchy and I don't like the smell at all. But other than that, it seems to exfoliate well enough, and my skin doesn't come out looking red or irritated after. Probably won't repurchase, but keen to try other Lush exfoliators.
EDIT: This has now become my everyday face wash, and my skin has never looked better!! I ran out of the AOBS and decided to use this up before purchasing that again, and it is much better for my skin. It says on the tub it's like Angels on Bare Skin for oily girls. My skin isn't all that oily but I do a pre-cleanse to take off my makeup with coconut oil and I think this takes all of that off my face and doesn't leave any residue. It's not as messy as I thought once you get the hang of using it. Will definitely repurchase after I finish this tub!