October 26, 2014 | 1050 users online

Mascara - L'Oreal - Waterproof Voluminous Carbon Black

rated 5 of 5 on 7/12/2012 5:02:00 PM More reviews by kerriane

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Acne-prone, Medium, Warm Hair: Blond, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Green

The best mascara. Holds up through vigorous exercise. Dark, full lashes without looking clumpy. Can be built up for more dramatic lashes or a coat or two to be appropriate for everyday. Can flake slightly

rated 2 of 5 top reviewer on 7/8/2012 12:41:00 PM More reviews by sizza911

I cannot seem to use this mascara without making a total mess somewhere! Either on my eyes or on my fingers or on my vanity table. The stopper at the top that scrapes off excess mascara at the top of the tube is too wide. Too much mascara comes out and I have to scrape the excess off at the top or wipe it on a tissue. If I don't, then it clumps like crazy or gets deposited where it's not supposed to be. I like that it is a deep dark black. It does take some effort to remove completely at the end of the day too, but that is usually the norm with waterproof mascaras. I'd seen this mascara praised by several makeup artists on their blogs, so I gave it a try, but I'm just not feeling the love.

rated 2 of 5 on 7/8/2012 4:12:00 AM More reviews by cheetahlicious

It is very dark but unfortunately does not work for me, the original voluminous is great for me but this one clumps my eyelashes together, does not really give them much thickness or length and it rubs off easily.

rated 5 of 5 on 7/2/2012 1:14:00 AM More reviews by NKantaria

Age: 19-24 Skin: Normal, Olive, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I am in LOVE with this mascara! I've tried others but always come back to this one; it's VERY black which I love! It also is a little clumpy (which I actually prefer!) compared to other mascaras. I've worn this mascara and have had people ask me if I've had fake lashes on! LOVE this and will forever use it!

rated 1 of 5 on 7/2/2012 12:35:00 AM More reviews by happiegurl

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Medium, Warm Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Black

I've used this mascara several times, and before purchasing, I should have read all the reviews that warned of smudging. I'm not sure why this would occur-- maybe some ingredient(s) cause the mascara to stick to my Dream Smooth Mousse foundation, because like attracts like? Or maybe the bonding agents that make it waterproof also make it bond to the skin and not just your eyelashes? I don't know. If you really want to try Voluminous Waterproof, I'd suggest purchasing from a store that allows you to return your makeup.

As this was the only mascara I bought in a Rite-Aid in liquidation (everything 50% off, thank you Bronx), I am pretty disappointed. I should've bought another mascara.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 6/9/2012 2:39:00 AM More reviews by arikabh

Age: 30-35 Skin: Acne-prone, Olive, Not Sure Hair: Black, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Brown

i have really come to trust L'oreal mascaras. i alternate between this formula and the Telescopic carbon black. i will never ever leave the house without mascara. even for a run, i need mascara. i sweat quite a bit, and i never have issues with this mascara. it always holds up extremely well. i prefer a waterproof formula to hold curl. this never smudges or lakes on me. very curious as to how other people get that result. i dont usually have a problem with clumping. it just depends on which eyeliner i use. if i want to add an extra step to ensure no clumps, i wipe the wand with tissue before swiping my lashes. this builds up a much softer, clump-free look. its an incredible value and it really is one of the best mascaras.

rated 5 of 5 on 6/6/2012 1:50:00 PM More reviews by ashtheflowerchild

This is my HG mascara! I have tried many, many mascaras over the years and this one is my favorite. I have blonde eyelashes so I need a very black mascara like this one. My lashes are a bit long but straight and thin. This mascara volumizes, darkens, and keep my curl like no other! I will always repurchase. :)

rated 1 of 5 on 6/5/2012 1:45:00 AM More reviews by nellja

Age: 36-43 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Hazel

Didn't check reviews. Smudge city, practically before I put it on.

rated 1 of 5 on 5/21/2012 12:21:00 PM More reviews by Xuxa13

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Brown, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

If I could give this negative stars, I would. It is quite confusing, really - a waterproof mascara that smudges and smears like crazy within an hour or so of application, yet, it's hard to wash off...Wish I had not wasted my money. I will stick with Lash Blast.

rated 1 of 5 top reviewer on 5/16/2012 1:01:00 AM More reviews by TopNote

Age: 30-35 Skin: Acne-prone, Dark, Warm Hair: Brown, Kinky, Coarse Eyes: Brown

Love the original carbon black but this waterproof formula sucks. It smears and smudges like crazy. Won't purchase again.