December 18, 2014 | 1384 users online

Shampoo - Aveeno - Nourish+Moisturize

rated 1 of 5 on 8/20/2010 10:58:00 AM More reviews by morningblues342

Age: 25-29 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Blue

I have below shoulder length, wavy, highlighted hair that is rarely exposed to a heated styling tool. My stylist recommended a high-end moisturizing shampoo and conditioner considering my ends were a little dry, but money is tight. So, I splurged on the conditioner and went to the drugstore and purchased the trial size of this shampoo. Big mistake! My hair became dry, dry, dry! The top half of my hair was okay, but the bottom half felt like straw, was a tangled mess, and had absolutely no shine at all! I even use a salon leave in conditioner after the shower, and it did nothing to help! I got tired of feeling like a I had a big bush on top of my head and went to my salon to purchase the recommended high-end shampoo. After one use, my hair is almost back to normal. Do yourself a favor and back away from this bottle!

rated 5 of 5 on 8/19/2010 6:36:00 PM More reviews by MissBeautyJunkie

I really liked this shampoo it made my hair shiny,pretty,soft,and manageable. It has an ok smell and the packaging is very nice. :) overall I love it. I don't use it for now because I use a shampoo for color treated hair now. But when I used it like 2weeks ago it was awesome.

rated 2 of 5 on 8/16/2010 10:31:00 PM More reviews by manicpanic

Age: 25-29 Skin: Other, Other, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Other

I usually don't write reviews, 'cause I'm lazy, but I had such a bad experience using Aveeno's Nourish moisturize shampoo and conditioner that I was motivated to post.

At first I was delighted with the duo, as it made my hair feel soft and silky, appear smooth and shiny. But over the course of a month that I used these products, I found that an alarming amount of hair was falling out. Every time I ran my hands through my hair, as many as 10 strands or more would come out. For a moment I suspected that it was the Aveeno Nourish, but brushed off the concerns because I liked how it made my hair appear.

I mentioned the hair loss to my doctor, and he recommended that I switch hair products. I don't really use anything aside from shampoo and conditioner, aside from some pure argan oil to smooth frizz, so all I had to replace were those two items. So thought the natural route would be a good idea and went to Whole Foods. I bought shampoo and conditioner from Giovanni, which as worked out really well and the hair loss has significantly decreased within 3 showers.

That has left me with the conclusion that Aveeno was most definitely the culprit. And it seems that there are other reviewers who experienced the same reaction.

rated 5 of 5 on 8/13/2010 5:02:00 PM More reviews by evaxoxo34

this is my new favorite shampoo and conditioner. ive tried a lot, but my hairs never looked and felt this good. my hair is pretty healthy and its natraully straight. but with most shampoos, its dries a bit wavy. after using the aveeno nourish and moisture, it dries completley straight and feels so incredibly soft. i abolutely love it.

rated 2 of 5 on 8/2/2010 12:35:00 PM More reviews by Superfancy

Age: 44-55 Skin: Combination, Fair, Cool Hair: Brunette, Curly, Fine Eyes: Blue

I have fine, curly hair that tends to get split ends. I had high hopes for this shampoo because I've had good luck with Aveeno products. If I had reviewed this after the first two shampoos, I would have given it a five. After the third shampoo, however, the texture of my hair changed and it became unnaturally shiny. My hair looked like a brunette version of Easter egg grass. My hair didn't feel healthy; it felt chemically stripped. I'm glad that I bought the travel size, because I had to throw it out. It took two shampoos with another brand and one deep-conditioning treatment to get my hair back to normal.

rated 5 of 5 on 6/29/2010 3:06:00 PM More reviews by Kimm992

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Straight, Coarse Eyes: Green

Love this shampoo!! I have been using Salon shampoo for years but this is WAY better!

Doesn't make my hair feel heavy. Leaves it super clean and light with no residue left over.

Smell is subtle but nice...I would definitely recommend it!

rated 5 of 5 on 6/15/2010 4:24:00 PM More reviews by missmshl

Age: 19-24 Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

AMAZING! my hair has been permed, chemically straightened, permed again, dyed, straightened again. so it's pretty much done for. my hair texture is kinky, frazzled(?), dry, and rough.
aveeno makes it so light and super soft! only con is that it does leave more residue in hair than other shampoos, but that is one thing i like about it. it helps to keep my hair sleek looking. my hair is so shiny and flowy now; i LOVE IT! i don't even need to use conditioner when i use this shampoo!

rated 5 of 5 on 5/30/2010 5:54:00 PM More reviews by dinopebbles

Age: 25-29 Skin: Oily, Tan, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

This shampoo is great. Quickly gets rid of residue and does not strip the dye from my hair. My hair is fine and this does not weigh it down. I use it in conjunction with the shampoo and it definitely volumizes my hair. Have been using it for 6 weeks and I absolutely have no complaints.

rated 3 of 5 on 5/26/2010 1:18:00 PM More reviews by mintcandyapple

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Fair, Neutral Hair: Brown, Straight, Medium Eyes: Green

I bought a travel size of this shampoo so that I could stick it in my gym bag. I really love the smell! It makes my hair very silky - maybe too silky? I will try the volumizing formula next because I think that it might clean more throughly and leave less residue.

rated 5 of 5 on 5/21/2010 10:36:00 PM More reviews by icantthinkofaname

Age: 36-43 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Cool Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

Great Product. (YMMV) I have not found a great product like this in 15 years: Since the OLD version of Lori Davis.

I've been using it for 6+ months and I think that it has helped my hair grow more (along with trying not to wash my hair each day in the winter) My ends aren't ratty anymore and it looks like I just got a trim.
I haven't got a trim since August. (I know that's bad but I moved and haven't found a hair place. My Mom trims the ends for me if needed.)

My Mother said the other day that my ends still looked good & my hair is growing like a weed.