Givenchy Photo'Perfexion 100% Natural Complexion 0 Flaw

on 10/27/2011 7:05:00 AM

This foundation offers a decent fair in shade 03 Shell. It's rosy enough without being pink and the first shade that is fair without being yellow or white. Finish is more matte that I had thought from its name. Coverage is medium and you can build without it looking too much but you will not get more coverage from it than medium. There is no special finish from it, but I got it maximum grade because of the good color range for fair skin. Lasting power is good too.

on 10/25/2011 12:40:00 PM

I love this foundation. I have been using it the past 8 months and always get the same color. Perfect Praline. It goes on so smoothly, blends easily, and gives me the most flawless, natural complexion. I noticed on some of the reviews of this product that people either love or hate it. I definitely think its one of the better foundations I have tried, but one day I may get the inkling to see what else compares to it. I have tried mufe, mac, ysl, chanel, revelon colorstay. They all were decent, but Givenchy is the def fav! The only downside is the bottle is 42 dollars, but it usually lasts me anywhere from 2-3 months depending on how much I use.

I'll admit I bought this without much thought. Most foundations work on me fairly well in general so when I bought this it was on a leap of faith. I used mostly used the Chanel series, a couple of Lancome's and most recently Guerlain, this is my first Givenchy.

Upon application (I use shade no. 6) I noticed that the colour is a bit more orange-y than I would like. I did buy a shade darker on purpose to go with a natural tan look that I usually go for. Was slightly disappointed but quickly got over it as I realised I no longer need to use bronzer. The coverage was light to medium to begin with, it won't cover up any major spots or marks (anyway that isn't the function of a foundation) but it does give you a great balanced skin tone and matte texture.

I'll tell you what that made me give this a 5. Two hours after I had it on, the orange-ness have worn off, my skin is glowing, it is less matte than it was 2 hours ago and it also looks soft. It only gently hides my pores and my slight acne scar marks but in a really natural way. I must say I like it. If you're looking for a more complete cover-all, just add concealer and dust off with finishing loose powder and I'm sure you'll achieve a flawless look as well. This probably won't be for someone with major acne scars and spots, but it would probably be best for someone with dull, tired skin looking for some natural radiance. So glad I took the plunge to get this, it's actually better than my ex-HG Chanel Teint Innocence which didn't give me a natural glow like this one does!

on 9/24/2011 10:34:00 AM

Hair: Brown, Other, Coarse

Objectively, I have to say this is a superb foundation.

I have 'split personality' skin; my chin and jaw are dry and slightly acneic if I'm not careful, my forehead is normal, but the skin around my nose is relentlessly oily. I only really wear foundation around the jaw - maybe 2 layers on a bad day - using what's left on my brush to cover the rest of the face. I was anxious whether this foundation would be versatile enough to deal with these issues and it did BEAUTIFULLY!

The colour was exact and didn't oxidise (4 - Perfect vanilla); it didn't exaggerate dryness, even after a few days of benzoyl peroxide (which is more than can be said for the crappy NARS Sheer glow); and when I needed to take it up further around my nose, it didn't settle into or exaggerate the pores. It is also remarkably long lasting: I probably powdered once/twice throughout the day. One pump on the back of your hand doesn't look much, but you can actually see it expand after a few seconds; and one pump really can deal with a whole face if you tend to wear your foundation like me. So objectively, yes, a terrific foundation, BUT...

it broke me out around my jaw. It might have been the fragrance which while present in small amounts is definitely its downside.

So if you're not especially sensitive to fragrance components in foundations then do give this a try.

on 8/22/2011 5:46:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Medium, Neutral

This stuff is amazing. I originally tried a sample of MakeUp Forever HD and it had gathered in my pores and accentuated fine lines along my nose that a 20-something should not have! Photo'perfexion however did an awesome job, it sits well with or without primer and you dont need much. I only use less than one pump for my whole face. You can also layer it, so it doubles as concealer for me. Its the best!!

on 6/11/2011 8:31:00 PM

Skin: Very Oily, Fair-Medium, Warm

A Sephora SA told me that this IS perfect for oily skin typeS and that is why I got it. First and foremost, if you have sensitive eyes, this should not get any where close to your eyes unless your eyes will burn and become irritated the whole day. Second, this foundation claims that it would make you flawless but truly it won't. A Revlon CS at 1/5 price of this does a better job in covering flaws. Third, it supposed to look good on Camera, it DOES NOT. What bothers me the most is that if a foundation has this brand and price, don't you think it should be of good quality? HATED IT!

on 6/9/2011 4:01:00 PM

Hair: Red, Straight, Fine

I love the bottle, and the pump. The formula is fuller coverage and does leave a lovely finish (pros!), but -- (cons) it's very thick -- perhaps it was a bad bottle, but I found it difficult to apply and blend evenly. I also did not have a shade match -- I found that the lightest shade, Perfect Ivory (1) is supposed to be neutral, but it's very heavily pink/peach toned -- and even when sheered out, my face is a different color than my neck. Definitely not for me -- but if your skin matches one of the shades, it would be very pretty.

For reference: NW5-10; NARS Siberia.

on 5/31/2011 12:14:00 PM

This product is good when you have good skin. it is pinky not too yellow. i prefer the colour over dior's forever. however, if you have a bad skin day, this foundation is going to make your skin look worse. hopefully this is useful

Jury is still out on this one. I've been trying many different foundations out lately in order to find something that will give me buildable medium coverage and not slide off my combo skin. I obtained a sample of this, and was really loving it. Gives my skin a gorgeous look with great coverage. Feels light. I thought I loved it so I actually went out and purchased the product. First day I wore the product from the bottle, I was so sad when I looked in the mirror only half way through the work day and my skin looked blotchy and shiny. I will obviously be trying this out more... maybe that one day was a fluke. It's a gorgeous foundation. Maybe it's more of a winter foundation for me? Will update when I get a chance to try it more and decide. The lightest shade is a gorgeous color match for my neutral fair skin.

on 4/13/2011 3:38:00 AM

Although my sample of this foundation had the absolut perfect color for me (praline), I wasn´t satisfied with the results. It´s a pity, because I really wanted to like it. But it settles very much in my pores, especially on my nose it just looks horrible. Also, although my skin doesn´t really have flaky patches, the texture of the makeup seemed to pronounce uneven areas or minor flakes. I tried to apply it with a brush or only with my fingers, but the results stayed mostly the same. It´s just not the right product for me.