August 30, 2014 | 1663 users online

Mascara - Smashbox - Lash DNA

rated 1 of 5 on 11/6/2010 4:19:00 PM More reviews by DangerWife

No matter how I apply this or how careful I am, this stuff ends up all over my lids right at the base of my lashes, and not in the good way, in the very clumpy messy looking way. The brush is giant and after 5 layers I can't get it to look like i have more than one coat on and all i can see out of the corner of my eyes is black chunks.

This mascara was an all around fail for me and I can't wait to take it off.

rated 4 of 5 on 10/27/2010 5:09:00 PM More reviews by StephyStapler

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Dry, Fair, Neutral Hair: Blond, Other, Medium Eyes: Green

I really enjoyed this product. I got the little purse sized one, and I thought it was a great mascara.
the pros:Thickens a bunch, very very pigmented (try to its color!!)
cons: If you have short eyelashes, I wouldnt buy it. your lashes will me small and thick and may look weird. Also the mascara itself is pretty thick. I would use this mascara if you like the "night" kind of look :)

rated 3 of 5 on 10/27/2010 11:42:00 AM More reviews by tborukhova

Age: 25-29 Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Red, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Green

I've received this mascara twice in the Sephora sample giveaways and a third time as part of the Sephora mascara gift set. Each time, the mascara tube might have been the "sample size," because I've never purchased it individually. The formula is definitely diesel. It's thick, it has microfibers which, when applied in a careful manner, can really add length and volume, and it sure does stay put. This is also part of the problem: you need some serious makeup remover to get your lashes clean at the end of the day. In addition, the formula is so thick that it has a tendency to goop, and because the brush is large AND short, it's extremely easy to get said goop on your face - and good luck washing that off. Since like most people, I prefer to apply mascara last, after primer, concealer, foundation and bronzer, I end up overcome with rage when the gooping incidents occur because I have to redo my under-eye makeup spiel all over again. I think a lot of the problems with this mascara can be avoided if you use a different brush, even if it's just a crappy disposable one from the store. The look is definitely dramatic and beautiful if you have a lucky application session. For me (and I'm a seasoned mascaraphile), the probability of having a good application (without clumping or dripping) is like 3/5. Not bad, but not great. Also, considering the horrendous inconvenience of the wand, I think this product is overpriced. Luckily, since I have THREE (!) of them, I probably don't have to worry about reordering in years!

rated 4 of 5 on 10/19/2010 10:47:00 PM More reviews by cakehole

This product worked really well for me. If you are not careful you will end up with a blob of mascara on your lashes, but when you get the hang of the brush and the thick formula then it will give you length, volume, and hold a curl. great mascara. the only downside it that it's hard to remove, even with coconut oil, and that it is expensive.

rated 3 of 5 on 8/18/2010 2:09:00 AM More reviews by RubyJuly89

Good mascara but the brush is tricky to say the least! I much prefer the Bionic mascara, but I still find my lashed can look nice with DNA, I just have to be so careful in the application process. Probably will just stick to Bionic once this tube is gone.

rated 1 of 5 on 8/15/2010 7:51:00 PM More reviews by CarrieDee

I hated this mascara! The brush was too big and awkward, I couldn't get it on my lashes without getting poked in the eye or getting a mess of mascara all over my eyelids. I even tried a different wand with it, but the formula was still too messy for my liking.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 8/1/2010 3:44:00 AM More reviews by ifoundlove

Age: 19-24 Skin: Normal, Other, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I liked this mascara, when it was still new! After using it for a month, it just didn't go on the same way :/ I actually like how big the brush is, it gets all my lashes & lengthens and darkens them, which is everything I look for, sometimes the curl doesn't keep up so maybe they could improve that. But I did get the trial size version, so maybe the regular size would be better :D

rated 1 of 5 on 7/31/2010 9:57:00 AM More reviews by LimaLim

Age: 25-29 Skin: Other, Olive, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I despised the brush for this mascara. I have an uneven lash line and lashes that stick out every which way. This brush made my eyelashes stick together so that I had a giant "monolash" on each eye.

Maybe this product would be good for those who have normal lashes that grow in the correct direction.

rated 4 of 5 on 7/29/2010 7:46:00 PM More reviews by tuttbag

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Other

If you dont like big brushes then do not get this product because the brush is like the size of a broom lol and it makes it a bit hard to put it on. But I personally loveeeee the way it makes my eyelashes look. Its more for a night out because it makes your eyelashes so dramatic looking. It lengthens them, thickens them, and darkens them ALOT. I just bought it for the second time and I am excited!!

rated 1 of 5 on 7/19/2010 11:38:00 PM More reviews by anairam1980

Age: 25-29 Skin: Very Oily, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Green

Horrible brush. Hated it!
UPDATE: once it dried a little it was way better. Wouldn't buy it again, though.