October 25, 2014 | 1061 users online

Eyeliner - Estee Lauder - Double Wear Stay in Place Eye Pencil

rated 2 of 5 on 10/11/2010 7:57:00 PM More reviews by michyg

I really like this pencil but I don't love it... It stays put all day and easy extremely easy to apply. It doesn't tug at all! Love that I don't have to struggle to get it on. I do have a few problems with it though... I find it transfers to my lower lashes if I just apply it to the top, it doesn't stay on my waterline well, and I can't do a full upper line with it because for some reason once I go past my lash line closer to my inner eye duct it smears up *sigh*. I still do really like it though for just a normal everyday eye because it stays on so long and is easy to apply. I would buy it again if it was cheaper but beacuse its so expensive and it's not the best for me, I won't repurchase. But it definately is worth a try... im guessing its my eye shape that makes it do this.

UPDATE: I had to lower my Overall rating on it drastically (before I had it at a four)... I wore it yesterday after not wearing it for a week and ugh I just don't like it. I look like im dead with it on for some reason... It just doesn't stay well on my eyes at all... waste of my moola!

rated 5 of 5 on 10/1/2010 2:42:00 PM More reviews by LittleDutchgirl

This eyepencil is fantastic, it really does stay put all day long. For years I have been using liquid liner, but recently I have got rather fed up with the time-consuming application procedure. I purchased both "Graphite" and "Black Plum", which I both love. At the moment I am using the latter, which is a wonderful deep purple colour. Love it, it is so flattering! I also have the Surreal Violet eyeshadow palette, which is the last word. Truly beautiful, I think I have at last found the perfect colours to match my blue eyes. In other words: do treat yourself to these fabulous EL products while they last...

rated 2 of 5 top reviewer on 9/27/2010 5:29:00 PM More reviews by psmitty

Impressive! I needed a very long-wearing eyeliner that doesn't smudge. Even advertized smudge-proof ones ended up in undereye shadows and smears. I love this one! Its an almost-black with a green tint that makes my hazel eyes look more green. Naps, swimming, humidity- this looks the same. I had some on before camping and it stayed in place (mild fading) for a few days. No irritation and easy to take off with remover. Great product, worth the price! UPDATE: seriously downgrading my rating for the black one! Great in "Forest", I decided to get the "Onyx" black shade. Ugh, major smudging and dark shadows within only a few hours- just going out for dinner in cool weather, no rubbing eyes, etc. Terrible!! A big, shadowy ring that made me look sick.Even worse, the remainder was nearly impossible to remove.The worst eyeliner I can recall using.Not sure why the two shades were so different on me.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 9/14/2010 9:18:00 PM More reviews by encee

Age: 25-29 Skin: Acne-prone, Olive, Warm Hair: Black, Straight, Fine Eyes: Black

This is the most perfect eyeliner i've ever used, better performance den Chanel's eye kohls & MAC powerpoints, and anything else i've ever tried. It is really affordable @ s'pore duty-free : $25.50.

I tested by drawing a line on my wrist using the tester, before buying it. On reaching home, I slept with the line still there. After tossing & turning in bed for 8hrs, woke up in the morning, the line still stays put! Slight wearing-off is noticeable, but not messy smudging.

Easy application, easy sharpening, lasted well on a humid day.
And yesterday I had to cry...it passed the cry test too! No messy smudges although im wearing Onyx (blackest black), again only slight wearing off. Would be my staple. Forever.

rated 3 of 5 on 8/16/2010 1:50:00 PM More reviews by sunday1966

Age: 36-43 Skin: Very Oily, Dark, Neutral Hair: Black, Curly, Medium Eyes: Black

A fairly good eyeliner. It's easy to apply and the smudger on the other end of the pencil is very handy. I gave this product three lippies because it does NOT stay in place all day, so the name is a bit on the misleading side. Another con is that it's impossible to sharpen with my regular sharpener.

rated 4 of 5 on 8/6/2010 9:54:00 PM More reviews by woo777

Age: 19-24 Skin: Very Dry, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

My friend has black eyeliner on her waterline everyday and I always stare at her eyeliner because it never smudges!! So I finally asked her one day what eyeliner she was using.. and it was the estee lauder double wear!! I bought the soft smudge brown?? it seriously stays on! with my previous eyeliners, it always smudged everytime I put it onto my waterline even though I had bought 'smudgeproof/waterproof' eyeliners...
love this product! definitely will buy again..

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 7/25/2010 8:03:00 PM More reviews by Embeth3

Age: 30-35 Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Brown, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

I have this in Black Plum, which is a gorgeous jewel toned purple (more bright than dark, I think the name is a bit misleading!), comparable to MAC Pearlglide in Designer Purple, though of course minus the pretty sparkles...
This applies very smoothly, no tugging at the eye area but the pencil tip seems to last well and doesn't wear down super quick as some soft formulas can. It lasts all day on me, no smudging, fading or creeping into fine lines - the only con is that (like with other soft pencils) it will transfer off against my eyelash curler! Easily fixed by applying after mascara...Otherwise, staying power is fantastic.
Haven't tried any other colours yet, but Forest looks intriguing...

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 7/25/2010 10:27:00 AM More reviews by groovinchic

Maybe I'm in the minority here...but I'm not in love with these eyeliners. I have two (the black and the purple, I can't remember the names). Let me start with what I like - the colors are pretty vivid and the purple is really gorgeous. I goes on very smoothly - no tugging, which is a huge turn off for me. And for me, the first few hours are great. I often times only line my top line when I wear these, and maybe just a very light line on the bottom maybe 1/3 of the way through smudged.

I unfortunately work long days, and after the third or fourth hours, these start to really smudge on me. If I dare use a heavy line on my bottom lashes or line the waterline, I look like a raccoon. I'm also not a huge fan of the black liner, which pulls a little blue on me.

Perhaps if these liners were less expensive, I would buy the purple one again, but for the current price I wouldn't do it.

rated 5 of 5 on 7/13/2010 1:27:00 AM More reviews by MySilentHeart

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair, Warm Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Brown

Love this eyeliner pencil!! I have Onyx which is a really dark black.
This has been the one pencil that has lasted the longest in my waterline. Comes with a smudger on the other end, which I rarely use, but I still like the option of a smudger.
I think it's quite good value for money as the pencil is so long, it will last ages to sharpen it down to the bottom.
I still like MAC's Smolder but it just didn't last as long as this one.
I'm already on my second pencil, and will definitely repurchase!

rated 5 of 5 on 6/24/2010 2:10:00 AM More reviews by Vex

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Fair, Warm Hair: Blond, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Green

Bought this item on reccomendation from a friend and wasn't expecting to really notice a difference but this is REALLY worth buying if you like your smokey eyes or just black eyeliner!

Its got a gorgeous dense black colour that really glides on smoothly, however it sets nice and quick and doesn't come off. You have time to smudge it in with the applicator smudge sponge on the other end. Will be buying this again!

Buy this If you love mac smolder but dont like how it can smudge easily! I'm keeping my smolder as I love to use it as a base product before a smokey eye, but investing in this estee lauder one for days that I just want a soft eyemakeup with strong liner!