OPI Over The Taupe

4.7

on 6/30/2010 2:27:00 PM

Skin: Combination, Tan, Warm

Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Coarse

Love it. Sophisticated and very nice for my nc35-45 skin tone. Mediumbeige with some warmth.

on 6/14/2010 3:42:00 AM

Skin: Combination, Dark, Cool

Hair: Other, Kinky, Medium

I tried Over the Taupe for the first time this weekend. I absolutely love the color! The only problem is that two coats aren't enough for the opaque coverage I like. Will try three next time.

on 5/28/2010 2:17:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Fair, Cool

Hair: Blond, Curly, Other

So im very fair and i'v been lookng for a taupe that isnt too brown on me, because most are, but this is prefect! Its actually really close to "you dont know jacques" but over the taupe is a little lighter and a bit less gray. It has pretty good pigmentation, i think i used 2 coats and it was fine. Held up really well, i'd definitely recommend it :)

Hair: Blond, Other, Fine

Well, I must confess I got this shade just because I learnt it was the perfect dupe of Chanel Particulière, shade that was sold out even before hitting the counters this spring (and I am not willing to pay 100 bucks for a bottle of polish on the evilbay, !)
So I ordered and got Over the Taupe. I was so thrilled! and so disappointed when I applied it.
First of all, it is runny and thin and you need at least two coats to get the color show up, but it will be three coats to have perfect coating. The shade is a greyish brown with more cool than warms ones. Looks warmer in the bottle but as many other OPI's, the result on nails is different.
Verdict: .... it looks muddy on my tips! really shallow and it clahsed with my skin tone... It looked unappealing and not very elegant as I expected.
I applied on my toes and yes it looks a bit better; my feet are whiter in this season as I am still wearing closed shoes. But hands have considerably a darker skintone (with some occasional redness). And this polish is not looking good. Had to remove it some hours later as I could not get used to it.
So bear in mind that OTT will change drastically depending on your skintone!!
It will work certainly better on super pale skintones w/ yellow undertones and will NOT work on reddish or tanned tones. So beware!
At the end of the day I am still longing to try Particulière... it looked soo good on those models!

on 5/20/2010 7:31:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Tan, Cool

I absolutely LOVE this color. I was so surprised how easy it was to apply: very smooth, wide brush, and no streaks. I bought this and "You Don't Know Jacques," which I also like. It's darker, much like a charcoal gray. I prefer Over the Taupe since it has that mauve/gray color. I will definitely buy again.

on 5/3/2010 10:09:00 AM

very much like this color, never expected this shade to look good on me but it does. whenever I cannot decide which color to use on my nails I fall back to OTT.
application and quality are standard OPI-good, I usually take it off before it starts chipping, and I am in no way gentle to my hands, I do lots of things around the house, and the polish stays good after 4th day as it was when I applied it. shiny warm brown creme. always gets attention

on 4/12/2010 12:26:00 PM

I LOVE this colour. It's exactly identical to the new chanel nailpolish but half the price.

My favourite OPI colour at the moment. Looks great on both short and long nails.

on 3/13/2010 2:00:00 AM

I love the color of this nail polish. It's one of the first nail polishes I've ever bought for myself, it's that amazingly unique. It's a brown slightly gray with mauve tones and applies smoothly. It definitely needs a top coat because otherwise my nails or other sharp pressure can easily make a mark in the polish. Will buy again! :)

on 2/20/2010 8:30:00 PM

I love this color. I was indecisive about whether or not I wanted this color or "You Don't Know Jacques" which is a little bit darker. I chose this one and LOVE it. It's perfect for the fall/winter months and looks very trendy. This color is very easy to paint, and you don't have to worry too much about painting it in a certain way to hide the streak marks. I believe that this color might be discontinued, so if you love it, you should go out and get more.

on 2/16/2010 1:02:00 PM