April 20, 2014 | 1831 users online

Hair Color - Wella - Color Charm White Lady Toner

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 7/26/2010 9:19:00 PM More reviews by SaraNikkita

Age: 25-29 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Cool Hair: Blond, Straight, Medium Eyes: Blue

I am surprised at the bad reviews. I have been platinum for years now, and I have tried so many different toners. I like Clairol Creme toners, and Manic Panic toner. I like Wella White Lady too. I think it works great. I was going for black to platinum and I was having trouble getting it to tone right with Clairol, so I tried this out. It worked beautifully. Nice pale white hair. The downside is that is doesn't last that long, I notice when I use it having to touch up every other week or so.
I still think it is a great toner. I just bought some today to touch up my hair it is looking a bit too brassy. Like people said, make sure you got the T18 White Lady .

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 7/24/2010 6:44:00 PM More reviews by dawl_1015

Age: 19-24 Skin: Normal, Tan, Cool Hair: Blond, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Green

** Everyone using this to tone your blonde hair, make sure the box actually says "T-18 WHITE LADY" and the color of the mixed toner is VIOLET, not red or brown or anything else... if its any other color after mixing it with developer, its probably the wrong color in the White Lady box, in which case DON'T use it and take it back to where you bought it! This happened to my friend, and apparently a few others on here from the reviews below! The color out of the bottle should be a transparent brownish color, but after you mix it with 20 vol. developer, it should turn violet. Mix and then wait a few minutes to ensure it turns VIOLET before using... **

That said, I used this to get my hair a beautiful shade of platinum/white blonde... I bleached my hair at home to a pale yellow, and then toned with this. It's so platinum/white looking, its almost TOO white!! lol but I love it. I used it with 20 volume peroxide and left it on for about 35-45 mins, because my hair was still bright yellow in a few spots and I didn't want to re-bleach. Personally, it's been 5 weeks and this toner has not faded. Maybe a little, but not noticeably, my hair hasn't become brassy at all or anything like that. If you maintain your hair with a purple conditioner or shampoo once a week, you should be able to eliminate that problem and keep out the brass entirely. I use the purple Clairol Shimmer Lights Conditioner once a week, and it's kept my hair white so I haven't noticed any fading. I love this toner, and at only $6 from my local beauty supply, it's definately a steal. I only have to use half the bottle to tone my entire head, so I still have half left... and it won't take half to just touch up my roots, so for $6 I get a full head and then a couple root applications out of one bottle (on my shoulder length hair). This is my go-to toner and I will *always* repurchase!

rated 3 of 5 on 6/26/2010 11:11:00 PM More reviews by nbienvenu

Went from dark brown to a greyish/sandy blonde. I think i bleached my hair to the bananna color everyone talks about, but was scared to over bleach it. Then, I toned with with Ivory lady. I left it in for 20 mins. and my hair came out a browish/grey. I freaked and washed it a few times. Now it is the greyish/sandy blonde color. My hair was blonder before I toned it. I'm sure if i wash it a few more times the grey will come out, but I'm still not sure how to achieve the platinum white blonde I want. Any advice will be welcomed!!

As far as Ivory lady - it did take out the brassiness. i would def. try it again to get the results I want.

rated 5 of 5 on 6/26/2010 4:26:00 PM More reviews by whirlgurl

Age: 19-24 Skin: Dry, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Green

I went from dark brown to planum blonde with quick blue beach and then white lady. I left it on for 5 mins and then rinsed my hair looks awesome! But I don't know y the package says lv for 30 bcause my hair wouldve been grey! 5 -10 min and it looks beautiful. Oh yeah will def buy again only toner i love tries manic panic and it sucks

rated 5 of 5 on 6/13/2010 5:29:00 PM More reviews by katherinemccaslin

Age: 19-24 Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Blond, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Blue

I bleached my hair using quick blue and 30 vol and used Ivory Lady and thought my hair still looked too brassy. So I was weary to use White Lady after reading these reviews, but I ended up bleaching my hair again with 40 vol and using White Lady and my hair came out beautiful! A gwen stefani white, just like I wanted. Definately will use again :)

rated 1 of 5 on 6/4/2010 9:13:00 AM More reviews by jmc4592

Age: 19-24 Skin: Normal, Other, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Other

I have had platinum hair for awhile now, and was doing a touch up. I normally use clairols toners, but had heard such great things about wella's toners that i thought i would give it a try.
i left it on for 10 minutes of the recommended 30--i noticed my roots looking a weird, reddi9sh color, and my hair looked super dark. i rinsed it out, and my hair was a light ash brown but also had a brassy tinge to it! it was devastating considering how hard i worked for the platinum. removing this horrible toner and finding a way to get back to platinum was horrible, and extreme damaging...and i blame this toner!! horrrrrrible

rated 2 of 5 on 5/21/2010 10:16:00 AM More reviews by mspongebobm1217

Ok, so I read alot of good things about this product but in the end it was not good for my hair! I Bleached my roots as usual. My hair color now is bright yellow blonde. Well, this toner made my hair purple/grey. I went and used another toner that did me wonders, still had the purple so i had to mix baking soda with dishwasher detergant and no more purple. ( i also shampood my hair like 4 time in a row and used a protein recontructor cond. after all this process) But yea this product wasnt alll that!

rated 1 of 5 on 5/11/2010 1:15:00 PM More reviews by mamagrubbs

Age: 25-29 Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

1st off i do have dirty blonde hair but i use a box dye on my roots. ive been wanting my hair really white and i had a friend that has the hair color i wanted. she told me what she used and i bought the 20 vol developer and white lady toner from sallys. i put it in my hair last night for like 20 mins. i washed it out and my hair is a grossy grey color like ash which i hate! so now im useing lemon juice and condi to get it out. i'm never using this again. im not blaming my friend bc everyones hair is different. i learned my lesson lol im just sticking to dying my roots and using simmer lights shampoo to keep the brassiness out.

rated 1 of 5 on 2/2/2010 11:57:00 AM More reviews by DJCee

Age: 30-35 Skin: Normal, Fair, Neutral Hair: Other, Other, Fine Eyes: Other

Ruined my hair color, I wanted to tone my hair that became a little too brassy. This left my hair a dull all over shade of gray!

rated 1 of 5 on 11/26/2009 10:41:00 PM More reviews by maxmommy2

Holy mother. I'm not sure if I got a bad batch of this stuff, or what, but it turned my hair clown orange! I noticed it came out of the bottle sort of brownish looking, but ignored this until it turned my bleached-to-pale-yellow hair bright orange! It was the first time I used it (I just moved back to the States and had been using Luocolour blue in England as a toner, which worked really well). Everybody seems to think it works great, so I may have just gotten a bad one, or the wrong colour could have been put in the White Lady bottle. Either way, beware! Caused an emergency trip to Walgreens on Thanksgiving day.

EDIT: So I gave this another try, several months later...this time I checked to make sure what came out was violet, as clearly the 'Cheeto Lady' toner had somehow gotten in the bottle the first time. Anyway, second go-around it turned my hair gray. Pretty awful. I think this is powerful stuff, and is probably great in the right hands, but if you're not up to watching it like a hawk while it develops to make sure it doesn't go gray, then Clairol toners are probably for you--much more forgiving.