July 28, 2014 | 2054 users online

Mascara - Almay - One Coat Mascara (Thickening)

image 0image 1image 2

rated 4 of 5 on 12/30/2010 7:14:00 PM More reviews by LesR

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Tan, Neutral Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

My opinion:
~ The brush application was really smooth!
~Made lashes stick up and stand out!
~ Made lashes look fuller after the 2nd coat!
~ A third coat might get too clumpy
~It goes on a bit wet and may need to
wait a bit to dry completely
~Made my lashes look pretty and healthy
without the drama, full without the clumps!
This mascara truly surprised me. I expected less from it.
It is a perfect every day mascara or day time work mascara.
You can't go wrong with this one, unless
you are looking for something more dramatic.

rated 2 of 5 on 12/20/2010 4:05:00 PM More reviews by coolbeanz

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Cool Hair: Other, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

This mascara is just okay. As a person who tends to go for more dramatic looks, this product just doesn't do enough for me. I tend to only use it when I'm in a rush or when I'm lazy because I personally feel the thickening quality isn't all that great, but it doesn't clump which is nice. I also bought the color Blackest Black, and I found that it's actually kind of brownish. I just prefer more thickening formulas and pretty black pigmentation, but if you are someone who likes looking a little more natural then I would recommend this mascara. The best part about the mascara though is that it's not tested on animals, and that's something I feel quite strongly about, although I will not repurchase.

rated 5 of 5 on 12/11/2010 6:16:00 PM More reviews by RicheleBarbie

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

I LOVE this mascara! it doesn't irritate my eye whatsoever & the wand is amazing! it gets the lashes close to your tear duct without clumping your mascara. this is just like loreal collagen, but this is non-irritating & Almay doesn't test on animals! =) if you have long eyelashes like I do & all you need is volume then this is the mascara to go with =)

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 10/17/2010 10:22:00 PM More reviews by mellymel11

I tried this product because I am turning into a mascara junkie and I think that it does a good job of separating and thicken lashes but it doesnt thicken as much as my rimmel super lash mascara. It is a little of a drier formula. It looks more natural than the other mascaras. Have to use it a couple of more times to see if i will repurchase. it keep my lashes soft and flexible. And it doesn't flake. I like this very much

rated 3 of 5 on 9/21/2010 5:03:00 PM More reviews by maxlightmusic

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Acne-prone, Medium, Warm Hair: Black, Kinky, Other Eyes: Brown

It definitely makes my lashes a bit thicker but it doesn't hold a curl very well. The good part about this is that it goes on smoothly and it doesn't feel stiff but you also can't layer with this and my lashes are really thin so I usually curl it and layer on mascara to make them more noticeable. It's a good mascara for people who want a more natural look but it's not for me unfortunately.

rated 5 of 5 on 9/20/2010 12:55:00 AM More reviews by lmoss

Age: 30-35 Skin: Normal, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Red, Other, Other Eyes: Green

I just bought this product along with their One Coat Lengthening and I use both of them together. I'm so tired of buying mascaras that claim to offer both length and volume but never do. I'm tired of paying for fancy, colorful tubes or cutesy names, only to end up with just another average mascara. I'm so glad I decided to buy these Almay mascaras because their formulas work together beautifully. I used two coats of Lengthening and one coat of Thickening and I loved the way my lashes looked... they really were longer and thicker looking! The formulas are great... they go on smooth without any clumping and the mascaras lasted all day without any flaking. My lashes felt really soft and natural, not gritty or stiff like many mascaras tend to make them feel. I really am glad I found these mascaras!

rated 5 of 5 on 8/21/2010 7:21:00 PM More reviews by frannylovesyou

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

I LOVE this mascara! It's affordable, really good quality, and does wonders for the lashes. It looks good on both top and bottom lashes, and really does add thickness as well as length. I've never worn it on my top lashes alone, but it does definitely improve the appearance of my eyelashes. It's one of my makeup must-haves. It goes on nicely, has a good wand, and dries quick enough so that it doesn't get all over your face, but not too quick where you can't build up on it. Definitely worth trying!

rated 5 of 5 on 8/21/2010 4:27:00 PM More reviews by misstea24

Age: 30-35 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Black, Straight, Fine Eyes: Blue

This is the one I always come back to! Like many women, I am tempted to try something new. Well, I had a terrible allergy reaction recently and my dermatologist pretty much spelled it out for me that the only mascara I can use is Almay brand, so I stopped experimenting with others. :) It is a great product especially for people who have extremely sensitive skin or ones with allergies. (BTW I was never allergic to any products before. Now I react to most shampoos, skin care products and makeup, which sucks.) Give it a try.

rated 2 of 5 top reviewer on 8/4/2010 12:27:00 AM More reviews by celevia

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Acne-prone, Medium, Warm Hair: Black, Wavy, Coarse Eyes: Black

I don't feel like it did anything for my short Asian lashes,,if anything it sorta just clumped them together for the appearance of "thickened" the pigmentation was pretty good though,,it was a solid black,,but again did not work for me at all...i will not buy it again nor will i try any almay mascaras in the future

rated 3 of 5 on 8/2/2010 6:38:00 PM More reviews by xxdreamer

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Normal, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Black, Straight, Other Eyes: Brown

Overall it is an okay mascara. It does a good amount of lengthening (although the purpose of this one was for thickening) and it doesn't smudge AS MUCH as the other mascaras I've tried.

It does smudge a bit and quite a bit by the end of the day, but hey, it's Summer weather.