April 17, 2014 | 898 users online

Mascara - Maybelline - Volum' Express The Colossal Waterproof

rated 4 of 5 on 9/24/2012 1:44:00 PM More reviews by idas

Basically, I bought this mascara today, because of all those good reviews. My lashes are naturally short-medium length and a medium fullness/volume.

* PACKAGING: I think the yellow tube is super cute, though I find it looks a bit cheap-looking, but I don't really care about that, since I'm not going to wear the packaging on my lashes.
* MY EXPECTATIONS: Before I tried this, I expected quite a lot from this, because of all the good reviews. I expected it to give a lot of volume and no clumps.
* WHAT IT CLAIMS TO DO: Up to 7x more volume instanly - in just one coat with no clumps.
* VOLUMIZING AND LENGTHENING: Volumizing? Uhm.. yes, but not as much as I expected. Lengthening? Yes, definitely!
* SEPARATION: The separation is amazing! No clumps, no spider-legs, no nothing!
* THE BRUSH: I love the brush! It's big and feathery, and it's just perfect!
* OVERALL: I looooove the look it gives me! My lashes gets super long with medium volume. They're also soft to the feel. You can create a natural look with one coat, and with 2-3 coats you'll get dramatic, long and thick lashes!

Pros:
You can create both natural and dramatic looks, your lashes gets super long, volumized and pretty + it's cheap (at least in the US, i got it on sale for $16, but makeup is crazy expensive in my country)

Cons:
It smells a little weird, but I don't really mind that.. I don't really sniff my mascaras..

I haven't tried out if it is waterproof, but I will update as soon as I can!

rated 5 of 5 on 9/23/2012 4:31:00 PM More reviews by teenofchrist

Age: 19-24 Skin: Oily, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Black, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

My absolute must have mascara in my makeup bag. It works well for me and I have never used any other mascara once I started using this one. It's long lasting and makes my lashes look amazing.

rated 5 of 5 on 9/21/2012 2:31:00 AM More reviews by DiscoverBeauty

Age: 19-24 Skin: Dry, Medium, Warm Hair: Black, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

It saddens me to see my HG mascara has such a low rating. This mascara is the only one that doesn't clump my lashes to oblivion. The curl of my lashes doesn't hold at all, and this mascara holds it up all day long. I have stick straight lashes with little length, but this improves everything. The only thing I wish were different about waterproof mascaras is that they're easier to take off. I guess you can't have the cake and eat it too! I still love it so much, and haven't found anything to beat it yet!

rated 3 of 5 on 9/18/2012 7:33:00 PM More reviews by Walke202

I remember using this mascara years ago; it had an odd lilac scent to it that a lot of people complained about, but personally, I enjoyed the scent. Now I've returned to it in waterproof, scent free. I do like how this mascara lengthens my lashes. It doesn't do much to improve volume, but it does at least make them show up. It doesn't clump, flake off, and smudge underneath my eyes - one thing I LOVE about this mascara.

However, I don't like is how difficult it is to remove. I'm not sure if it's fair to blame the mascara. Maybe it's just my eye make up remover. But I've found myself having to rub my eye so much that it irritates my eye lid and makes my eye lashes fall out. I am going to use the rest of the tube and then try a new kind; maybe the non-waterproof formula will be easier to remove.

rated 1 of 5 top reviewer on 9/18/2012 5:49:00 PM More reviews by PinkIcing1

This mascara is very clumpy and messy. I find my lashes sticking together. It gets all over my eyelids, then I practically wash off all my eye shadow just to get the mascara off because it's waterproof. I think it makes lashes look very fake and bent. On top of all that, my eyes itch like heck after a few hours of wearing this. This mascara is going in the trash!

rated 5 of 5 on 9/5/2012 8:51:00 PM More reviews by nomnomcat

Great mascara! My lashes aren't super skimpy, but they're not full either--just average. I can load on up to three coats of this mascara and it won't get clumpy. I do sometimes wipe off excess with tissue paper, though. Truly waterproof as well--it's made it through swimming even, without flaking or smudging.

I wouldn't call my lashes "colossal" as a result of this mascara, but they definitely stand out more, and with the help of an eyelash curler, I'm looking bright-eyed and awake!

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 9/4/2012 11:34:00 PM More reviews by pe4chzncre4m

This mascara does what its supposed to - gives me lots of volume. I love that its dark and gives me great big lashes, which is especially hard to do since I'm asian and my lashes are short and sparse. This holds a curl well because its waterproof. However, I did find that it does transfer and smudge under my eye throughout the day and its hard to take off at night even with a makeup remover. That's why I'm giving it a 4 instead of a 5. Other than that its really great!

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 9/4/2012 9:10:00 AM More reviews by SimpleNSexy

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Combination, Medium, Neutral Hair: Brown, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

This never fails to give me the "lush" lashes look. All time hands down HG mascara for moi
Price: $6.57 CDN
Pkg: fat bristle brish
Length: impressively long
Volume: very dramatic in 3-4 coats
Always, always let it dry for an overnight or two before using this. It makes a night and day difference.
It holds a curl and gives 'colossal' volume as well as definition and length. Also very w/p and smudges little on my oily eyelids.
Rec it wholeheartedly :D

rated 2 of 5 on 9/3/2012 6:57:00 PM More reviews by buttons723

Age: 36-43 Skin: Very Oily, Medium, Neutral Hair: Other, Other, Medium Eyes: Blue

The formula is too wet and causes my lashes to clump together. It is also not waterproof on me, as it still comes off below my lower lashline after normal wear. The smell didn't bother me and I liked the wand, but it isn't truly waterproof and therefore not worth repurchasing.

rated 1 of 5 on 8/27/2012 1:37:00 PM More reviews by heavenlyblissx

When my mum bought me this mascara two years ago, I thought "Yay!" because it was volumising and waterproof which are good things for my straight, short Asian lashes.
So I wore this for the first time when I went out for lunch with a friend who tried to introduce me to this really nice-looking guy...and my worst nightmare for a mascara mishap came true! I noticed my friend and the guy give me weird looks throughout lunch so I went to the bathroom and HOLY COW, I looked like a right raccoon! The mascara was all smudged under my eyes and the worst bit, because it was pretty waterproof I couldn't wipe it away! So there I was, stuck with racoon eyes trying to chat to this guy who was obviously put off by my mascara mishap....To put it shortly, never buying this mascara again because of how smudgey it was on me and ruining my chance of bagging a good man :(

2 out of 3 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No