November 23, 2014 | 1730 users online

Mascara - Maybelline - Volum' Express The Colossal Waterproof

rated 5 of 5 on 1/5/2013 4:27:00 PM More reviews by van1llacupcak3

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

I love this mascara it is DEFINETELY waterproof and it has an adorable packaging and i just love it

rated 3 of 5 on 12/21/2012 7:13:00 PM More reviews by darlingvikki2

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Olive, Not Sure Hair: Black, Straight, Medium Eyes: Black

good for like 5 min. my lashes dont hold curl very easily and unfortunately the curl was gone after 5 minutes. it also felt like the mascara never dried. anyway, i'll keep it in my purse for touching up i guess. i splurged on Diorshow Waterproof today so we will see how that goes.

rated 5 of 5 on 12/10/2012 1:55:00 PM More reviews by CyborgAnnie

Age: 30-35 Skin: Dry, Fair, Warm Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Blue

This is the best mascara I have come across in some time, but at first I hated it! My usal for over a decade was L'Oreal Voluminous wp. I also like Maybelline Full & Soft wp & Neutrogena Healthy Volume wp. The Colossal dries faster so I have learned to do one eye at a time and comb through lashes with a metal eyelash comb. The wand is great, not the little plastic one but the actual wand
It's stiff and does a nice job w separation on it's on, with using a comb also I get perfectly separated lashes. The black is very black and this stuff lasts all day! Comes off easily w Pond's cold cream. This mascara is really tough, it stays on all day even though I wear a med/heavy lotion & hi spf. It gives very nice volume and length. I was really happy & surprised when I got into a routine with this. The best I've used and never leaves me with the racoonies! Love it.

rated 5 of 5 on 12/10/2012 8:29:00 AM More reviews by rope

Age: 25-29 Skin: Normal, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Red, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

I'm twenty-six and have red hair; worn mascara all day, every day from age fourteen! Have tried pretty much every drug store mascara going, and a few high-end brands too. I go for waterproof every time because I swim and cry all the time, bahaha.

Anyway this is the best I've ever used. Pros:
1 - Biga$$ volume for that wide-eyed, just-been-slapped look.
2 - Super waterproof; I've been swimming in the sea, broken up with about twenty boyfriends in this gear and my eyes still look awesome throughout.
3 - Easy to find. It's bright yellow so even when my room looks like a bomb just went off, I can find my mascara.
4 - Readily stocked. Find it in any old drug store, sometimes even in supermarkets.
5 - Comes in brown. Lots of 'scaras forget about us pale girls and just bang out superblack shades. The brown edition is dark enough to satisfy my need for glamour without making me look like Michael Jackson.
6 - It's hella cheap. I'm in the UK, it's like 7 here when not on offer. Laaavvvllyy!!

Now the cons:
1 - Can't get this stuff off without really wanting to. I have to scrub my eyeball half off before showering every morning. I didn't mark down for this because it's a good trade-off for the mascara's durability.
2 - Have to keep it cool, because it will dry out and clump if it sits basking in the sun all day. I buy a new one every couple of months and that keeps the consistency fluid.
3 - Here is my least favourite thing about it - again the side-effect of a benefit. It dries pretty fast, and once it's dried you can't layer it, because it's too thick. So you're against the clock, gotta be swift. I'm fine with that as I've mastered my mascara technique over the years, but some may find it off-putting. However, if you do a bad application job you're screwed because as per con #1, it's hard to remove.

Another point I should make is that I can't confirm whether or not it curls your lashes. I have curly hair so my lashes are naturally pretty strongly curved.

I'd definitely recommend this product. Started using it about four years ago and have occasionally splurged on other mascaras, only to revert back to this one.

rated 5 of 5 on 12/7/2012 9:02:00 PM More reviews by DollyBoots

I have 2 bottles of this and a spare, I love it(: hehe

rated 1 of 5 top reviewer on 12/7/2012 8:47:00 PM More reviews by Ancatje

Can't understand the good reviews for this product. For me, this holds no curl AND smudges like mad!
I have no problem with regular non-waterproof mascaras holding a curl, but this one just does not. Ten minutes in and my lashes are poker straight. Not the desired or expected effect from a waterproof mascara!
If that wasn't enough, it smudges, so that the first time I've used it, by the time I got to work, I had grey shadows under my eyes. I thought hey, maybe it was a one off, so tried it again a few more times - same result! Again, not what I'd expect from a waterproof mascara, especially since the only reason I use a waterproof one is because now that it's winter my eyes are a bit runny from the wind when I'm outside, so I don't want to end up with mascara under my eyes.
As for volume and length... it does give some volume, but it seems more natural to me, rather than full lashes, and I can't see much effect in terms of length. It also isn't as black as I'd like it.
Disappointing product.

rated 4 of 5 on 11/24/2012 10:08:00 AM More reviews by kenziesport15

If you're looking for length, you can't go wrong. This mascara gives me unbelievable length! It looks quite natural, so usually I use it as a base and put a thicker masara on top so that it looks dark. But truely, it's cheap, and it works. It's worth it!

rated 5 of 5 on 11/6/2012 9:05:00 PM More reviews by ivycasull

I love this mascara!! I have really stubborn asian lashes but this mascara holds the curl perfectly. It doesn't flake and doesn't have the weird scents that other mascaras have. Will definitely repurchase ^^

rated 5 of 5 on 11/4/2012 9:17:00 PM More reviews by xoJemz

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Oily, Tan, Warm Hair: Black, Straight, Medium Eyes: Black

I LOVE this mascara! I'm 15 so this is the 6th mascara I've tried and it's absolutely the BEST (so far)! I've already started using my 2nd tube of it. I like it waaay better than its "sister" Volum' Express The Falsies Flared (waterproof). I've gone through 2 tubes of that then I finally decided to try this one since they're the same price, under or around $6 (depending where you purchase it). It gives me really nice volume and length as well. I curl my lashes then BAM! Thicker, longer lashes. I'm Filipino (Asian), my lashes aren't super thick or super long. I'd say it's pretty average because it isn't sparse either. I RECOMMEND this product to anyone! I don't think you could completely hate this product. I'm in the US so the packaging's different from the picture above. I don't have much to say about the packaging, yellow isn't my favorite color lol, but it's alright.

rated 5 of 5 on 11/2/2012 11:00:00 PM More reviews by FlyAwayTiki

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Normal, Tan, Warm Hair: Blond, Straight, Fine Eyes: Blue

I love this mascara! Great volume and length. It doesn't clump and separates them perfectly! I love the smell, I know pretty weird. It has it all. My top mascara!