Laura Mercier Translucent Loose Powder

4.1

Talc, Magnesium Myristate, Nylon-12, Caprylic/Capric Triglyceride, Ethylhexyl Palmitate, Zea Mays (Corn) Starch, Tocopherol, Ascorbyl Palmitate, Sodium Dehydroacetate, Polymethyl Methacrylate, Lauroyl Lysine, Methicone, Methylparaben, Propylparaben, Butylparaben, Ultramarines (Cl 77007), Iron Oxides (Cl 77491, Cl 77492, Cl 77499

Skin: Very Oily, Tan, Not Sure

I have 2 comment on this powder because I know how hard it is 2 find a really good setting powder if you suffer from oily skin & have large pores. I have been using MAC Blot powder for a long time. I would say that I go through about 3 compacts a month. That's entirely WAY 2 expensive of a habit 2 keep. I really haven't found anything better than the MAC Blot powder for my oily skin. Most other powders didn't provide enough oil control, plus they all looked very cakey on me. I need 2 use a little more powder than the average person because I am so oily. That in turn, can accentuate pores. So I never had a problem with the MAC Blot powder, but I am just tired of going thru it so fast. I love using the MAC 182 brush & my Coastal Scents deluxe Pink Kabuki brush. That's y my powders get eaten up so quick.

I decided 2 give Laura Mercier's powder a try due 2 all the rave reviews just about everywhere. MUA loves it, & so do other You Tubers. Even the Sephora customer service phone reps. suggest it. I know it is quite expensive, but since it is already loose, I don't have 2 grind away @ it with my kabuki brushes like I would with compact powder. I do like the amount of powder that you get. I tried it the other day, & I must say that I was quite impressed. I really didn't have 2 use that must @ all. I used less & got the same results that I normally do with the MAC Blot powder. This powder controls my oily skin pretty well & it camoflauges my pores. I actually think it makes my skin look smoother than the Blot powder. I highly reccomend this powder for anyone that wants smoother looking & matte skin. I don't think I'll be buying the MAC Blot powder anymore. I do love MAC products, but this loose setting powder is phenomenal. It really is worth the money. I use this powder 2 set my MUFE HD liquid foundation, & the combo. of the 2 2gether is fantastic. This is coming from someone that does not have perfect skin.

Skin: Oily, Medium, Not Sure

So I like it, I have VERY oily skin, it makes my make up stay fresh for a long time, and looks very soft, HOWEVER the trick is to but the puff
that goes with it (12.00) that made me kind of mad, and only use a LITTLE on the puff and roll it on, the girl at the counter showed me,

Hair: Blond, Straight, Medium

I really like this and use it to set my makeup whenever I'm wearing something like chanel pro lumiere or want to have a matte appearance. I love that it's translucent because I'm very fair and most powders are too dark for me and deposit a lot of colour on my skin. This powder is very sheer which is great because it doesn't give you any 'extra' coverage but still sets your foundation beautifully. It can look a little chalky at times and the dispenser is a pain to use, but it's definitely the best loose powder I've tried.

I HATE this powder! It goes on ok but leaves me with the strangest looking complexion, I look ill! It's really chalky, I don't feel it is translucent and it makes me itch. The talc in this cannot agree with me. I used to use the Christian Dior loose powder until they discontinued it and the only one you can now get is the total capture one which is really pricey. Think I'll try the Chantecaille - the reviews are top notch and whilst it's not cheap, if it works then its worth it!

Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Warm

I have been using this for several weeks now and am quite happy with the results. The powder is finely milled and very silky and holds back the shine for 3-4 hours, which is better than anything else I've tried, the best I usually get is 1-2 hours before I need to start mopping up the oil slick. I apply this with a powder puff and it doesn't look at all cakey. I also love that this powder doesn't have any shimmer to it, which only makes my combination/oily skin look worse.

The colour is fairly light so this might not work for anyone with medium-dark skin and the finish might be too matte for anyone with skin that is on the dry side.

Price notwithstanding, I will definitely buy this again unless I find something better. For me, this is definitely a keeper.

This is a below average product. First, it's false advertising: it is not translucent at all -- I can't see how this would work for anybody but pale ladies, considering I use it when my skin is in its lighter range and I'm only NC25. It sets my makeup okay, but it leaves a powdery, ashy cast and doesn't sink into my skin until a few hours later. And unfortunately a few hours after that, it disappears and doesn't control oil at all. Honestly I like my NYC loose powder more, since it looks more natural and less powdery immediately after application, and lasts longer. I'd normally give this a 2, but because of the outrageous price and undeserved hype relative to mediocre quality, I'm knocking it down to 1.

I love this powder and until I discovered Christian Dior Capture Totale loose powder it was all I used.

It has a lovely fine texture and it really is translucent, it doesn't alter the colour of my foundation at all, which a lot of others have.

Would definitely buy this again.

Skin: Normal, Fair, Cool

Hair: Red, Wavy, Fine

This powder is not translucent! I use it to pale down dark foundation and it works well for this. It seems to sit on top of my foundation and gives a very obviously powdery result. I love it for setting my concealer under my eyes and it keeps it there all day. Not worth the crazy price.

Skin: Combination, Dark, Warm

Hair: Black, Kinky, Coarse

Heaven! This is my first ever powder and I must say that I'm in love! It really does excatly what I want and I'm glad I decided to splurge. I use a full coverage cream stick foundation and it sets it very well and it doesn't look as if your wearing powder at all; very natural! I was afraid that this powder wouldn't be translucent on dark skin tones but it really is.

Don't take off the entire stick just half because a little goes a long way with this powder. If you're looking for dewy skin, this isn't for you. It's for people that want a matte look and it isn't drying at all and I live in Chicago and first tried this in the winter of this year when we had that brutal snow storm that shut down the city. I've also used it during the humid months of summer and it's lovely.

This is what a translucent loose powder looks like! ^^

It's not bad, but no where near as good as my HG MUFE's. I gave this to my sister and went back to my HG as I found it too drying in some areas on my face. I also think MUFE's offers a more natural and matte finish.