November 28, 2014 | 1352 users online

Styling Products - Got 2 Be - Guardian Angel Heat Protect N' Flatten Flat Iron Balm and Gloss Finish

rated 2 of 5 top reviewer on 10/3/2010 9:26:00 PM More reviews by diggity

I must be an oddball because I don't see the appeal of this product. I picked it up after reading the reviews here. I have used it a few days and have not yet been impressed. First, the product has a pretty strong smell. It's not bad, but I definitely detect the strong scent of alcohol underneath the perfumes that have been added. Second, it doesn't spray in a nice, even, and light coating like I'd like from a heat protectant. Instead it's more of an inconsistent spurt. I find it's easier to spray on my hands first and then spread through hair to get even coverage. It's also more of a wet product, which makes me nervous when using before heat styling. I was always told that your hair should be completely dry before flat ironing. This product takes a little more time to dry (for me, anyway). It works decently as a heat protectant, though my flat iron doesn't glide through my hair as easily as it does with other products. Afterwards, my hair looks a bit dry and is not as soft as usual. So no, I will not re-purchase this product. It just didn't work that well for me. For reference, I have fine and thin naturally curly but long hair. I often straighten, and my hair is fairly healthy. For heat protectants, I much prefer serums like DermOrganic Argan Oil (my favorite), Chi Silk Infusion, Aveda Light Elements Smooth Infusion, etc. For a spray heat protectant, my favorite is Nexxus Protexx. I like it better than Tresemme Heat Tamer.

rated 5 of 5 on 9/25/2010 3:22:00 AM More reviews by deniseraegraff

Age: 30-35 Skin: Oily, Other, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

I love this stuff! I spray my hair all over with it then again with each piece as I am curling my hair. It also helps my hair hold so I can use less hairspray.

rated 1 of 5 on 8/30/2010 6:03:00 PM More reviews by CrudeAsphyxia

Age: 19-24 Skin: Normal, Fair, Cool Hair: Red, Other, Coarse Eyes: Hazel

I did not like this product at all.

I have used Heat protection sprays and serums.

I tried this product because it was cheap at Walmart and came with a travel size and I needed something to protect my hair.

I sprayed it on and started my process.

My hair came out CRUNCHY.. as if I had sprayed the strands with hairspray and was straightening my hair with it. It left my hair feeling brittle. I have course hair anyway so it was even worse. I tried running my fingers through an dthen brushing... still crunchy.. terrible. I will not buy this product again.

rated 5 of 5 on 8/29/2010 4:18:00 AM More reviews by andyman19

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Cool Hair: Brown, Wavy, Coarse Eyes: Hazel

Man, this stuff is my holy grail from now on for when I straighten my hair. It leaves it so soft, sleek, and shiny and it doesnt make it look greasy or oily. I have very thick, frizzy and hard-to-mange hair but this stuff fixes it all. The scent is little strong at first but it fades away in no time so guys, you can use this without worrying about smelling like a chick. I'm definately going to buy it again when I run out. Plus it was only $3.49 at my Walmart :]

rated 5 of 5 on 7/29/2010 1:08:00 AM More reviews by sdeyerling

Age: 19-24 Skin: Normal, Medium, Warm Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I love this product. I don't smell an overly flowery smell, but maybe I just happen to like it, so it isn't noticeable. I have somewhat thin hair around three inches below my shoulders which is delicate due to color and heat. This product makes my hair feel stronger, and pin straight. It even hides my split ends. I haven't had a haircut in four months and when I use this it makes my ends look like they were trimmed yesterday. Amazing. Came in the combo set at Rite-Aid with a similar product for blow outs, and it is just as good. The two cost me only $6. Worth trying it out!

rated 4 of 5 on 7/28/2010 10:34:00 PM More reviews by hillairreus

Age: 19-24 Skin: Dry, Fair, Warm Hair: Blond, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Green

I really like this product. It does smell like grandmas perfume but it goes away. With having baby fine hair it doesn't make it greasy or weigh it down like a lot of products do. Definitely makes my hair feel soft instead of dry when I use my flat iron.

rated 4 of 5 on 7/27/2010 11:51:00 AM More reviews by DeeVine1217

Age: 19-24 Skin: Normal, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Wavy, Other Eyes: Brown

This stuff smells really perfumy (flowery) so if you're not into that - stay away! I can't really tell how well it works but one of the things I like about this stuff is that it doesn't give your hair a sticky/almost crunchy texture once it is sprayed in.
I've used this when curling my hair as well and I found it to help hold the curl.

rated 5 of 5 on 7/27/2010 10:37:00 AM More reviews by Stylebaby

Age: 44-55 Skin: Normal, Other, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Green

I find most of the Got2B products do a good job, but you have to read the labels and follow the instructions. The flat iron guardian spray is meant to go on dry hair, one section at a time (hence the narrow nozzle). You spray it on lightly (not meant to saturate the hair) and then iron. I've found that the scent is strong as you use it but goes away almost immediately. It makes my medium-fine frizzy hair smooth without breakage, and keeps it that way, even in the very humid summer we're having here.

rated 2 of 5 on 7/25/2010 2:49:00 PM More reviews by Kjean05

Age: 19-24 Skin: Oily, Fair, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Straight, Fine Eyes: Blue

This product was gross. It had some strong musty scent to it, I had to plug my nose when using it. The nozel sprays too much to one area of hair; it don't evenly distribute all over hair. It then made my hair very sticky. I discovered TRESemme heat protectant and it was lightweight and smelled wonderful. Theyre both around the same price but I would definately not repurchase Got 2 be Guardian Angel.

rated 2 of 5 on 7/21/2010 2:44:00 AM More reviews by nast1a

Age: 19-24 Skin: Normal, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Straight, Medium Eyes: Brown

This was sticky on my hair. I did feel like it was much straighter, but it was an extremely artificial and glued together kind of straight. I like to have a bit of naturalness in my hair; this made it look way, way too flat and bland. Also, I have layers, and this made my hair look very thin.