E.L.F. Eyebrow Kit

4.3

Brow Gel Ingredient:Paraffinium Liquidum (Mineral Oil) , Ricinus Comunis (Castor) Seed Oil , Talc , Copernicia Cerifera (Carnauba) Wax , Ozokerite , Methylisothiazolinone , Caprylyl glycol May Contain:Iron Oxides(CI 77491 CI 77492 CI 77499) , Titanium Dioxide (CI 77891) Brow Powder Ingredient:Talc , Mica , Caprylic/Caprictriglycerides , Hydrogenated Polyisobutene , Sodium Dehydroacetate May Contain: Iron Oxide(CI 77491 CI 77492 CI 77499)

on 2/18/2015 10:05:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Fair, Neutral

Hair: Blond, Straight, Medium

this little kit is sooooo amazing for the price. the gel helps to keep your brows in place throughout the day, and the powder sets and fills in the gel. you can use this for a natural look or something more bold. i usually use the little double-ended brush that comes with it for convenience even though it's kind of crappy. i don't see the point of having the brush that comes with it but not including a spool brush, which is sort of necessary for using gel products like this on your brows.

on 2/16/2015 1:11:00 PM

I got this as a gift for my birthday other than that i would not have bought it myself, it works alright a bit to dark for my eye brows as mine are a shade lighter.

on 2/16/2015 12:10:00 PM

Skin: Combination, Olive, Warm

Hair: Black, Straight, Coarse

When I first started filling in my brows, I used random, cheap brown pencils from the drugstore that were really bad and didn't help me achieve the look I wanted. I got this at the recommendation from shaaanxo way back in the day. I've used this in 2 colours, dark and ash (when I had platinum hair).

*Price: It's ELF.
*Packaging: A sturdy little plastic case that comes with a tiny double-ended brush, one side is angled and the other is more like an eyeshadow brush? There is one coloured gel and one powder to set.
*Product: The wax is incredible, given the price. It's not pigmented like the ABH pomade but it gives enough colour to fill your brows in just enough, and does help keeps brow hairs in place. I wouldn't rely on it like a brow gel, but if you're going for a natural look, this is perfect. The powder is just that - a powder. I didn't use the powders from either kits because I found the dark powder too warm and the ash powder turned the wax pure grey.
*Positives: It's affordable and an easy way to transition yourself into starting to fill your brows in. If you have full brows, I don't think it's necessary to set the wax with a powder, but it does help to prolong the wear. I did set the wax with other eyeshadows sometimes, but it wasn't necessary for me, as I have fairly full brows to begin with, and I don't like a harsh, sculpted brow look. If anything, I would put powder over the tail ends of the brows just to keep them from fading. The colour range is pretty good.
*Negatives: The brush it comes with is crap, but you can grab the elf angled brush for another $3. It's not incredibly long-lasting, but it isn't marketed as waterproof or long-lasting anyway. I just wish they had an option that was darker than dark, and an auburn/red option, but when it's that affordable, I can't really complain!

Another thing I want to add is that it makes a great waxy base for other colours of eyeshadow/brow powder. At one point I had red hair, so I put a red eyeshadow over the dark wax. At another point, I had purple hair, then hot pink hair, and I would put a purple and pink powder over the ash wax, and it held up great. I would recommend this to anyone. Literally anyone. Whether you're on a budget or not, this is a great every day product if you can get down with the shade selection. My hair is currently black and I am using the ABH brow wiz in ebony because it looks more natural on me, but if my hair were light enough for me to use the ELF brow kit again, I would. In fact, I have two backups of the dark kit in case I go brunette again, and two of the ash kit in case I go blonde again. I only wouldn't repurchase because I prefer a darker brow now. That's the only reason. So try it out, but get a good brush first!

on 2/16/2015 10:59:00 AM

Very good! Just got this today, and find it really pigmented. I use it with my own brush and I think it is much easier to do my eyebrows with this eyebrow kit compared to using pencil. The outcome is very natural, and it is very cheap!! Definitely will repurchase this if I finished this, which I think I can finish this quite fast.

on 2/10/2015 10:11:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Medium, Warm

I am on my 4th batch of this eyebrow kit, for the price who's complaining! $4 on Iherb! Bargain! amazing product, only marked down one lippy due to its staying powder. I wish it had a bit longer staying power maybe something between ABH Brow pot and this would be fanatastic.

P.S who ever uses the powder side? A slight complaint I have is that this colour never matches the cream!

Skin: Combination, Medium Brown, Not Sure

I have this in Dark. The first eyebrow kit that I bought. I used to use eyebrow pencil.
I love it! Very pigmented and long lasting for such price! Also easy to use for the kit beginner like me.

on 2/10/2015 10:24:00 AM

Skin: Dry, Medium, Not Sure

Better than any high end eyebrow product I've tried including Benefit and Anastasia. The wax is the perfect consistency and goes on like a dream! Love this stuff and it's so cheap too! Don't waste your money on any high end product similar bc this is the best!

on 2/6/2015 11:16:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Dark, Warm

Hair: Brown, Kinky, Coarse

I am NOT impressed by this product this kit was a waste of money and I will be better off using Anastasia's dipbrow gel and wax vs this product. The color payoff of the brown is horrible and the powder is very chalky on the brow bone. This product does not last a very long time but only lasted me about 3 hours and the product faded. I will never purchase this product again

on 2/3/2015 4:46:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Fair, Not Sure

I have almost black hair but use the eyebrow kit in the color 'Ash'.
I love this product and have repurchased it twice now.
I love the colour, I always go after 'blonde' colours but sometimes can be an orange tinge to it, and it didn't with this product which was great.
It lasted all day, sometimes the gel does need to be built up a bit but usually I personally find the pigmentation is fine.
For $10 NZD instores I highly recommend trying it if you're after an eyebrow kit.
You're also able to get it from iherb for cheaper $3.00 USD :)

on 1/31/2015 9:30:00 PM

Hair: Brunette, Curly, Fine

LOVE, LOVE, LOVE! I ADORE this. This is my HG eyebrow kit.
I bought this for $3 at Target a few weeks ago. I will never live without it again.
I use this in Medium. I use an angled eyeliner brush to apply the gel to my brows for more precision. Then I used the brush it came with to apply the powder. Lastly I use a brow come to smooth out my brow hairs. The result was amazing. My brows looked more full, even and dark.
The application process was easy, the product was easy to use. And it lasted for hours! My brows stayed perfect for 8 hours! (I only wore it for 8 hours, so it might even last longer!)
I received a ton of compliments, people kept saying I looked different (in a good way).
This is a great eyebrow kit for a fantastic price. I recommend it.

Video Reviews & Tutorials