November 27, 2014 | 1484 users online

Mascara - Shiseido - Majolica Majorca Lash Expander Frame Plus

image 0image 1image 2

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 1/12/2011 6:23:00 PM More reviews by savethemarianne

I have straight stubborn asian lashes. I always used voluminising mascara because obviously long down pointing lashes will look terrible. Anyway, read good reviews on here and bought one of these babies off ebay imported from taiwan to england for £11. People were not kidding when they said this mascara holds their curl, it's not even like it holds it a bit, it genuinely keeps them pointed up to the sky! Remember this is lengthening only so if you want volume you should pick a different majolica majorca.
My only beef with this is yes it's hard to remove, managed it with an oil based make up remover but had to be gentle. I can't imagine this mascara being healthy for your lashes but hey if I want an unnatural curl I have to accept the unnatural ingredients! Because of these cons though I wouldn't wear this mascara everyday, I'd be scared my lashes would drop off! However, this is kinda a personal gripe, the mascara does actually do everything it promises to do which is why I've given it 5 lippies. I'd definitely wear this out clubbing, the waterproofness is faultless! Also, don't know why people have complained this mascara doesn't give volume, they don't advertise it as volumising, only lengthening.
It's worth mentioning that the comb is kinda odd, from the packaging I understand you use the flat side first and then use the curved comb as step 2. Bit unusual but I didn't find it at all difficult to actually use. Packaging is super cute, gold and black with a cool gold embossed end to the mascara.
Final note: I wear contacts and didn't find this mascara irritating at all.
Final final note: seeing as people talk about how hard it is to remove this mascara, I manage it with an oil based make up remover by Nude called facial cleansing oil. I put it on my lashes (carefully) and then wipe it off with a muslin cloth soaked in warm water. If I let it sit for 10 seconds or so it does the trick. Sometimes ill do this process twice to be sure my lashes are clean

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 11/30/2010 6:47:00 PM More reviews by wickedcoolmama

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

this hold my curls like no other! it doesn't volumize much but it gives length & good definition. it's my go to mascara but it's a pain to remove! i have to soak a cotton pad with my Dior eye makeup remover and hold it one my eyes for a good couple of minutes to melt away this stubborn mascara before I start wiping. be warned!! just facial cleansers (even the cleansing oil) will not take off this mascara! you have to use a good eye make up remover and soak your lashes with it =)

update: lately, the fibers of this mascara is getting into my eyes and poking my eye balls! so i try to put this only on the ends of my lashes and i use another mascara on the roots of my lashes to prevent this issue.

rated 5 of 5 on 11/29/2010 2:44:00 AM More reviews by kennymoron

Age: 19-24 Skin: Acne-prone, Medium, Warm Hair: Brown, Straight, Fine Eyes: Black

I love this mascara, it gives you the curl and length without the smudge. It won't smudge even if you slept on it. It's not as volumizing as the other MM mascara, but in terms of volume, it's quite decent. I don't have any problem in removing it as long as I use a waterproof eye make up remover (any kinds, from L'oreal, Maybelline, Neutrogena, and etc).

This is my go-to mascara if I'm in the mood to wear the waterproof type.

Additionally, the bottle is very cute too! would definitely repurchase!

rated 4 of 5 on 11/17/2010 11:26:00 PM More reviews by larojiblanca

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Combination, Fair, Cool Hair: Black, Wavy, Coarse Eyes: Brown

This is overall a fantastic mascara. My non-existent Asian lashes become super long and fluttery with a few coats. Never before was any mascara I've used (and I've used everything from L'oreal/Maybelline drugstore to high-end Estée Lauder and Lancôme) successful in holding a curl until the end of the day, but this problem ended when I started using Lash Expander Frame Plus! I like the comb applicator; application is cleaner and easier than using one of those huge unwieldly brushes that most mascaras on the market have nowadays. It's also non-flaking and non-smudging, which means, though, that its staying power persists even after using eye makeup remover.
Although this is an awesome mascara for length, I can't say the same for volume and that's why I'm deducting one lippie. I was using L'oreal Voluminous before this (which I believe is the best for volume), and, even after several coats, I still can't achieve the really thick lashes that L'oreal gave me. If Majolica Majorca tweaked this mascara to contain more volumising ingredients, it'd definitely be my HG.
All in all, however, this remains a really good mascara and I'll repurchase. I'm going to try layering it with L'oreal Voluminous and see how that goes.

rated 5 of 5 on 11/9/2010 11:03:00 AM More reviews by MsEmilyPark

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

My HG mascara! This product is the best as preventing raccoon eyes while keeping my lashes lengthened and curled! This is a big plus considering i have stubborn Asian eyelashes!

rated 5 of 5 on 11/3/2010 8:40:00 PM More reviews by monsoon88

Age: 36-43 Skin: Dry, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Straight, Fine Eyes: Brown

This is my HG mascara. I have shortish, thin, sparse eyelashes and this makes my eyelashes longer and a bit fuller. It is not really very volumizing but I really love how dark black the color is and I find the applicator easier for me to apply than the usual brush wands. I find that it holds the curl very well ( and believe me, I work really hard for the little curl that I am able to get so I don't want my mascara to undo my hard work!).

The only down side is that it is not the easiest mascara to take off but I have no problems when I use the Lancome Bifacial. Also, since this is a product that is only sold overseas, it is hard sometimes to get it.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 9/10/2010 1:27:00 AM More reviews by ximachikenx

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Normal, Medium, Warm Hair: Brown, Straight, Medium Eyes: Brown

I purchased a set of this mascara along with the Eyes Reset Gel for $458 NT or around $14 USD. This is my first Japanese mascara and I am quite impressed, after using CoverGirl's Lash Blast which I quite like but wanted to try something new. The packaging is gorgeous and it is quite worth the price.

This mascara is very very black and very runny in comparison to Lash Blast so I have to be a little more careful so that it doesn't smudge. At first I didn't know that the mascara was supposed to have fibers so I thought it was dust, but those fibers do a FANTASTIC job of giving my lashes great length; it also makes my bottom lashes look good which I've never had happen with a mascara. I'm not terribly concerned with volume so this mascara is great for me, as it gives terrific length and definition as well as holds a curl for a long time. I do have to agree that it is a difficult product to remove but I'm willing to bear with it. Will purchase again :)

rated 4 of 5 on 8/25/2010 12:42:00 PM More reviews by misskho

what ive notice with all the MM mascaras is that they deliver what they promise, i own all 3 MJ mascara and after using them my short, fine eyelashes look like what MM advertise on their info leaftlets

gorgeous wing, give a feathery appearance but i find the brush did not grab and coat my lashes as mush as i hoped. this is my least fav out of all three. got some smudging at the end of the day

Lash Enamel, this one is awesome! at first i thought my eyelashes were clumping but you have to give it some patience and u will get beautiful dark glossy dense lashes, this give volume and length. fave out of the three. this has got great staying power, this is the only one i will repurchase

Lash expander, this one gives what it promises length, but no volume. because of the comb this will give some lift to ur lashes. this has got great staying power

with all MM mascara they are waterproof, so they are a pain to remove. i tired all these mascara without a base

rated 4 of 5 on 7/15/2010 9:07:00 PM More reviews by peachytea

I like how I can get long, natural looking lashes with this inky black mascara. It lasts through anything as promised without smudging, even on the oiliest lids, or a downpour. Even though I prefer natural looking mascaras, I still wish this one gave a little more volume without having to layer so much. I also find that you have to comb through with a lash comb quickly while its still wet, otherwise you'll end up having to tug the comb through the "bomb proof" hardened coating of mascara.

To remove this, I use clinique take the day off makeup remover and it easily comes right off. I think any bi-layer remover will do the trick.

rated 5 of 5 on 7/2/2010 2:05:00 PM More reviews by lolipocomplex

This is the one and only mascara for me. I tried a lot of mascara before but this one, is like woow... it make my lashes looks like falsies, no clump and looks much thicker only with one swipe. So I will definitely re-purchase this.