September 23, 2014 | 1884 users online

Highlighters - MAC - Mineralize Skinfinish in Perfect Topping (2009) [DISCONTINUED]

This product has been discontinued

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 6/24/2009 8:19:00 PM More reviews by Nikki16519

Age: 25-29 Skin: Acne-prone, Medium, Neutral Hair: Blond, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Green

This is my 1st MSF and I am very pleased with it. I also own a Grand Duo (Moon River), and half is veined like a MSF, but it is too chunky shimmery for me. I had read great reviews on this, and the recent Friends and Family sale inspired me to go for it. Perfect Topping is not chunky and glittery, just a sheer powder with a nice glow. The cream, pink, bright pink, tan can be swirled together for a nice highlight color. Mine powder actually came split, with the brighter pink/purple and tan colors on one side and the other half is the lighter pink and creamy colors, so I've been using this like my grand duo- the bright half is blush and the light half as highlighter. It is really gorgeous and I wouldn't hesitate to get this if you can find it. I think it would work for any skin tone, and it has not broken me out like some other Mineralize powders.

rated 5 of 5 on 6/22/2009 12:46:00 AM More reviews by withdiamonds

Age: 30-35 Skin: Oily, Olive, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

I love this product! Perfectly milled, gorgeous in the pan, and such a array of colors in one little product. I ordered mine offline so I didn't get to be picky about the amount of cream, pink, or peach I received. However, mine came with a great deal of the pink so I use mine more as a blush rather than a highlighter. One quarter of it is mostly cream, so I use that part as a highlighter. It is not too shimmery and the particular one that I received is very versatile. Love it!!

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 6/15/2009 7:33:00 PM More reviews by Hillarryyy

Age: 19-24 Skin: Dry, Fair, Warm Hair: Black, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Blue

This one is my fav. MSF ever. Such a pretty shimmer and a gorgeous color. Not overly shimmery.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 6/11/2009 5:43:00 PM More reviews by katyd316

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

This is my first foray into MSFs and I'd have to say, it is worth every penny. I am light to fair skin toned and this is such a gorgeous highlight on me. It gives me a nice very subtle pink glow that I apply right over my blush.

rated 2 of 5 on 6/3/2009 3:23:00 PM More reviews by kim080464

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Cool Hair: Blond, Straight, Fine Eyes: Blue

ok, so this looks so pretty in the pan and when I swatched it, it looked like a nice color. Fast forward to the first day I applied this. This powder sunk right into my pores and accentuated them. Not a good look for me. I am pretty pale and this really didn't change the color of my skin and now after reading, I guess it is consider more of a highlighter than anything. Maybe I was applying it wrong, I don't know. But my overall feeling is that if you have perfect poreless skin than this would be perfect, otherwise look out!

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 6/2/2009 4:07:00 PM More reviews by Snow_Angel350

Love this. I apply a sheer layer with a fan brush over my blush and my skin looks glowy. Not shimmery or glittery at all.

rated 5 of 5 on 6/1/2009 4:39:00 PM More reviews by porslynprincess

Age: 19-24 Skin: Dry, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

i love this msf.. it's absolutely gorgeous on my nw15 skin, it makes my face look "lit up" no chunky glitter, not chalky.. just gorgeousness :D i highly recommend this, it's gorgeous!

rated 5 of 5 on 5/30/2009 10:33:00 PM More reviews by KelseyCashman

this is by far my favourite msf (well..this and soft & gentle) it's gorgeoussss. gives the nicest highlight without chunks of glitter. out of all my msfs perfect topping is the one i grab for everyday

rated 5 of 5 on 5/28/2009 6:05:00 PM More reviews by HannahxMakeup

***************LIMITED EDITION PRODUCT***************

I recieved this as a present from my mom, and I honestly didn't really want it. The purple veining WAS to die for, but the idea of MSF's and highlighting was beyond me.

I ended up buying it and absolutely love it! I would recommend a primer or a Cream Colored Base from MAC under it because it doesn't last long, especially if you know you'll be sweating.

It's a shame this was limited edition because the veining colors are absolutely to die for.

SUMMARY: Amazing highlight but would recommend a base under it to keep it on all day. Limited edition, but worth it.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 5/25/2009 9:34:00 PM More reviews by ellesk

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair, Neutral Hair: Red, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

In a word, this MSF is: divine.
    In more than a word: I had skipped out on this product when it first came out with the Sugarsweet collection because it seemed like the reviews were pretty mixed - nothing really gave me a huge incentive to buy it. Plus, I figured I didn't particularly need another highlight color, especially since MSF's tend to be one of MAC's pricier products. But a couple of weeks ago, it started popping up in a number of FOTD's & YouTube tutorials I happened upon... and each time I thought, "Wow, her cheeks look great. I wonder what's on them" - and, inevitably, each time it was Perfect Topping. What finally made me give in and order the product off of the MAC website was that my other two MSF's (Soft & Gentle and Petticoat) didn't work too well when I wanted a cool-toned highlight. Perfect Topping is just that - perfect. It has a variety of different colors in its veining - purple, orange, cream, pink, silver - and swirled together it just gives the most gorgeous cool-toned glow. I have been reaching for this color daily, and I am so happy I took the plunge and bought it before it becomes an ebay & CCO commodity!