December 22, 2014 | 1009 users online

Highlighters - MAC - Mineralize Skinfinish in Refined [DISCONTINUED]

This product has been discontinued

rated 5 of 5 on 4/24/2009 9:13:00 AM More reviews by crimsonmaz

I decided to get Refined instead of Perfect Topping because I look better in warm colours and I, personally, found Perfect Topping a bit too shimmery when I swatched it at my MAC store. Anyway, I am really happy I picked Refined. It is an excellent highlighter and really makes you look so fresh and glowy. I also like how it imparts a lovely sheen rather than looking too glittery/shimmery. I would definitely get a back up, since it's limited edition. This is only my fourth MSF (I have Redhead, Blonde, and Soft and Gentle), but I'm really liking Refined the most so far.

rated 5 of 5 on 4/22/2009 5:18:00 PM More reviews by hairrazr

I love this MSF!!! One of my favorites!! Gives me a nice glowy finish!!

rated 5 of 5 on 4/21/2009 9:28:00 AM More reviews by roseinhawaii

Age: 25-29 Skin: Oily, Olive, Warm Hair: Brown, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

I love this! I couldn't decide between this color and Perfect Topping, but I think I made a good choice. It's gorgeous in the pan, and colors go well together. It's not sparkly or glittery at all - just gives my face a soft pearly glow that makes me look more awake. It's a little pricey for a highlighter, but it was totally worth it for me - I use it almost daily.

rated 5 of 5 on 4/19/2009 5:09:00 PM More reviews by xJOLE

This MSF is just beautiful! I love using the pink veins as blush. I just run my brush through them and it applies a light flush of colour on the apples of my cheeks. I also use the lighter veins as a highlight. For a nice glow to my entire face, I swirl my kabuki brush over the whole thing. It gives a great glow to my face without being overly sparkly.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 4/18/2009 10:29:00 AM More reviews by ricerice

I never really got the hype about MSF until i tried this. The msf in the blond brunette redhead collection were so glittery. Refined is much smoother and gives a very natural healthy glow when swiped on my cheeks. I usually use this over another blush because it would look much too glittery if i depended on this for colour. I have very oily skin and this didn't make me look like an oil slick (though i dont apply it anywhere other than my cheeks). I would buy this again!

rated 5 of 5 on 4/17/2009 2:03:00 PM More reviews by vanessa8308

Age: 19-24 Skin: Dry, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Black, Straight, Fine Eyes: Brown

I would definitely pick this one up again if it weren't LE. I went to my MAC counter thinking I was going to get Perfect topping from all of the reviews but ended up loving Refined instead. It's gorgeous on my skin and so smooth, much smoother than soft and gentle or redhead degrade. Refined looked much more natural than Perfect topping which looked a little chalky on me IMO for reference i'm nc30/35 nw30 studio fix c4.

5 out of 6 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 4/13/2009 7:50:00 PM More reviews by cheekypig

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Normal, Other, Warm Hair: Black, Straight, Medium Eyes: Brown

** Click for pic ** >>
MAC Refined MSF is such a beautiful powder that softly illuminates the skin and provides a gorgeous soft flush of colour. It has a perfect mixture of peach, bronze, gold, cream and coral that all blend together perfectly to create a lovely peachy glow. The shimmer in Refined isn't at all overpowering; on the cheeks it provides a soft sheen that just makes your face brighter and look healthier. I feel that the colour it deposits is enough to suit both lighter and tanned skin tones. But keep in mind, that this isn't exactly the most pigmented, so don't expect too much colour, especially if you are on the deeper side (I'm an NC40). This, and Perfect Topping, are my first MSF's, so I can't compare the texture to the other ones released previously. But I can say that these have such a buttery smooth consistency and just glides along the skin. I love how it deposits the colour evenly and blends flawlessly. I just love everything about Refined; and the soft peachy pink with a hint of bronze glow it provides is just beautiful.
continued >>

5 out of 6 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 on 4/11/2009 11:55:00 AM More reviews by Conlly

I absolutely love this MSF. It gives my skins a great glow and provides good color without making me look orange (that is what I was afraid of). I don't use a blush and highlighter with this, it works great on it's own!

rated 5 of 5 on 4/11/2009 1:26:00 AM More reviews by swimmingjuxteyes

Refined is a great highlighter as well as blush. I didn't think I was going to get this one, but I ended up getting it because it is a nice peach color on me. It is a swirl of at least 5 colors, white gold, orange/ salmon, soft coral pink, coppery gold, and a taupe gold.

It can be built up to be a blush or just stay a highlight. The great thing about MSFs is that they can act as a highlighter or be intensified as a blush. I think that goes for all MSFs!!

3 out of 4 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 on 4/10/2009 1:46:00 AM More reviews by Lysette143

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I bought both MSF's from the sugarsweet collection and am in love with refined! I am actually using this as blush and highlight I also add my nars madly for sculpting. This color is perfect for someone needing a little bit of color this spring n summer. It doesn't have too much bronzy, too much peachy, or too much shimmer or glow.. It's perfect! Now perfect topping I think they could have added a little bit more of a rosy color to it but other than that it's a great highlighter for your rosy or pink tone blushes. Go out n buy refined girls you won't regret it! =O)