August 1, 2014 | 1785 users online

Cleansers - The Body Shop - Seaweed Deep Cleansing Facial Wash

rated 4 of 5 on 3/2/2009 2:55:00 PM More reviews by coppercutie13

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Medium, Warm Hair: Brown, Relaxed, Fine Eyes: Brown

I really like this product. I was worried that it wouldn't clean my face because of the creamy consistency, but I think it will be a great cleanser for combo skins during the colder months. I don't wear a lot of makeup, but when I do, I just use a bit with a cotton ball and wipe it off before washing. A little goes a long way, so I think that for the price it's well worth it. I follow up with the toner, which I love since both leave my skin nice and matte. This is the first cleanser I've found that actually doesn't over dry my combo skin. Not sure how it will work in the summer months though, I may need to go back to clinique's oily skin cleanser. But I'm happy I've found a winter regime that works!

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 11/22/2008 11:25:00 AM More reviews by Sour

When I first bought this, I was a little skeptical because it contains seaweed but thankfully it doesn’t smell like that at all! What I don’t like about this cleanser is that it doesn’t give your face that “clean” feeling that a facial wash is usually supposed to give. I like washing my face and feeling it tightening up a little since its usually oily but this one doesn’t do that. I know it’s meant for oily/combo skin but I think this would be great for dry skinned girls as well.

rated 2 of 5 on 11/20/2008 10:52:00 AM More reviews by marigold11

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Combination, Fair, Cool Hair: Blond, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Green

I loved this when I first starting using it, but after about a week I broke out in big, painful spots. You know the kind that lurk under your skin for weeks? I continued to use this for a little while longer, hoping that my skin would eventually get used to it and calm down (I'd foolishly spent a lot of money on a whole load of other seaweed products from the Body Shop on a whim, so I was determined for it to work!), but no such luck. It's a shame because I liked everything else about this cleanser, but something about it just didn't agree with my skin.

rated 2 of 5 on 10/16/2008 7:30:00 AM More reviews by ilovefruit

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Straight, Medium Eyes: Hazel

it's an okay cleanser if you don't wear makeup. However, i felt it didn't do ANYTHING in order to remove my foundation. Unless you wash your face multiple times and use toner each time then it could be okay.. there are so many far better cleansers out there!

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 5/1/2008 6:00:00 AM More reviews by Mirtilla

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

**Description**
A mild, oil-free and soap-free highly foaming cleansing gel that effectively deep cleanses to clear open pores and rinse away excess oils, make-up, impurities and daily grime. Leaves the skin feeling cleansed and purified.
**MY opinion**
I like this product a lot. I bought its travel size version on a whim during a clearance sale at The Body Shop. I really didn’t know what to expect from this face cleanser so I decided to put it on my swap list w/out testing it first. One day I was out of face cleansers and this product came to my mind. What a lovely surprise!! I ended up using it a lot during the last month and I honestly think this $ 10.50 Seaweed purifying face wash is worth every cent. It won’t dramatically change your life, but it will remove residue on your face, leaving that nice feeling of a freshly scrubbed skin.

rated 5 of 5 on 4/29/2008 9:41:00 AM More reviews by gryph

I really like this cleanser, I use it at night. My skin feels very soft and clean after using. The next morning there is hardly any oil on my face, and it is usually an oil slick. My skin has been looking better since using this because the oil is under control. Will repurchase.

rated 3 of 5 on 2/12/2008 8:32:00 PM More reviews by sauvyanna

The smell is fantastic, but don't let that lure you in alone. This cleanser does NOT remove make-up, and it barely eliminates oil. great for normal, makeup free skin, but it doesn't do what it says it does, if you're still a fan of the stuff, purchase a facial sponge, or a mini face scrub cloth.

rated 4 of 5 on 11/28/2007 1:10:00 PM More reviews by rogernewman

I bought the starter kit, and I like the gel wash so far. It cleans very well, smells great, and my face doesn't dry out as with most cleansers for oily/combination skin. It also rinses clean unlike drugstore brands that I have used. This is much better than the tea tree line.

rated 4 of 5 on 11/27/2007 11:54:00 PM More reviews by liagibba

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Hazel

I'd give a maybe on repurchasing this... I'm kinda on the fence. I like the way my skin is refreshed after washing with this, but it's not working miracles on my face (kinda hoped it would). But I do like the scent and the fact that it does *clean* the way I need it to. But it hasn't made my face better, or worse for that matter. Meh, unless I find a super awesome better product for less money, I'll probably buy another tube.

rated 2 of 5 on 9/23/2007 10:18:00 AM More reviews by Ronbong

Age: 19-24 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Black, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

This mask has very nice scent. However, as my skin is very oily, I don't find this strong enough for my skin. My skin doesn't feel clean after cleansing. It doesn't strip off all the moist I guess ... Might be more suitable for combo skin.