August 27, 2014 | 1764 users online

Fragrances - Philosophy - unconditional love

rated 3 of 5 on 8/16/2009 12:44:00 AM More reviews by MadamPomfrey

Age: 36-43 Skin: Combination, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

Just got my sample at Sephora. I agree with the reviewer who said this is like Pink Sugar only purple. I love Pink Sugar and took an immediate liking to this fragrance. I get fruit at the top but that goes fairly quickly and you are left with candy, berries and a hint of vanilla. This foodie fragrance lover is happy. However, I feel it's not the right age for me so no purchase.

rated 4 of 5 on 8/2/2009 3:24:00 PM More reviews by rosehugo

Age: 30-35 Skin: Oily, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

Unconditional love smells like a stronger, fruitier version of falling in love. If you love falling in love, you will love unconditional love.

rated 3 of 5 on 7/24/2009 12:55:00 AM More reviews by nancy1956

Age: 44-55 Skin: Oily, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I have all the Philosophy fragrances and all have staying power even if I don't layer with the body lotion and shower gel, AG & PG stay on and on. I bought the 3 piece gift set from Nordstrom on Monday and love the first 20 minutes and that's it. No staying power at all. I have layered and re-sprayed during the day and even before going to bed and nothing. Very bummed out about this purchase.

rated 4 of 5 on 7/10/2009 8:07:00 PM More reviews by rachellkimb

I got this as a sample @ Sephora. This is very pretty..light..fruity. Very sweet..but so much better than Falling In Love on me. It even stinks just by me sniffing the bottle..it was just musty on me. I may purchase...Unconditional Love, that is.

rated 5 of 5 on 7/8/2009 2:03:00 AM More reviews by serenitytomo

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Very Oily, Medium, Warm Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Black

i got this as a sample at sephora the other day.. and im hooked. i been searching for a light sweet candy-like fragrance for a looong time.. and i think i've found it! its now my HG! im definatly buying the full sized bottle once i finish my sample one.

rated 1 of 5 on 7/3/2009 4:34:00 AM More reviews by HPgurl2288

Smelling it from the perfume nozzle, it smelled just "okay." after wearing it for 5 minutes, i smelled like cigarettes! it made me super woozy and i needed to wash my pulse points ASAP! could just be my body chemistry, so i'll ask my friend to test it out and see if she smells the same "nicotine-y" notes.

rated 3 of 5 on 7/2/2009 5:15:00 PM More reviews by darkhoney

I bought the Unconditional Love lotion and I adore it. I work with children and I needed something soft but still sophisticated. I usually like heavy oriental scents but wanted something child friendly that didn't make ME smell like a child. To me this is a lighter, more floral, summertime Falling in Love. The current is dominant with a clean white lily/musk and a creamy vanilla drydown. If the color had a scent I think it would be a raspberry swirl.

rated 5 of 5 on 6/23/2009 11:48:00 PM More reviews by emmycantbemeeko

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Red, Curly, Fine Eyes: Green

I won this in a contest, and I'm so glad. I love the effectiveness of Philosophy's products, but I've never really liked their scents- there's always been something strangely off about them to my nose, a little... chemically, or medicinal, perhaps.

This scent, however, is a new daily staple. The initial impression is one of fruitiness- berries, and I get a hint of grapefruit, although I'm not sure that's what most people smell. After a few minutes on, it wears to a musky vanilla that's sweet and cozy but not so candy-like that you could be mistaken for a teenybopper.

It's pretty subtle, but I layer it with the lotion and find that it lasts long enough to still smell it on my clothes and skin at the end of the day. The only people who are likely to smell it are those who are really close to me, but then that's how I think perfume should be. I have gotten several compliments on it, but only from people with whom I was sharing pretty close quarters at the time.

And finally, my boyfriend likes it, and he pretty much NEVER notices perfume, so score one on that. ;)

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 5/12/2009 8:44:00 AM More reviews by MaryEllen

Age: 44-55 Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Brown, Other, Medium Eyes: Blue

I got a sample of this and I liked it so well that I purchased a bottle--unusual for me. This is heavy on the berries when it's first applied, but it quickly reveals a hint of flowers, then a non-foody-vanilla note with some gentle, pretty musk. It is similar to Falling In Love (without the marine note, if I remember correctly), but surprisingly unlike Trish #9--it's much less sharp and more complex despite that opening berry blast. It also lacks the sickening base note the Grace fragrances share. The staying power isn't great, but I do find that I still detect a trace at the end of the day. That's OK with me since I like fragrance to stay close to the body. A very nice and somewhat different offering from Philosophy that I can imagine wearing year-round.

6 out of 6 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 4 of 5 on 4/30/2009 2:26:00 PM More reviews by elizabeth77

Age: Unknown Skin: Combination, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Green

a combination of stella and falling in love is right on the mark.i've been trying to figure out what is so familiar about this scent (other than the falling in love).it is stella!i love stella but there's something kind of off about it on me and i love falling in love as well but it was always too sweet.this smells frigging can't stop smelling myself good on me!!!yay:)