September 2, 2014 | 1091 users online

Concealers - Kat Von D - Tattoo Concealer

image 0image 1image 2

rated 3 of 5 on 6/6/2013 2:27:00 AM More reviews by SweetPegss

Age: 30-35 Skin: Normal, Olive, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

My friends swear by this product but I did not find anything really special about it. The shade was suitable for my skin tone but the staying power is not great. I had to reapply this at least 4 times around my under dark eye circles and blemishes throughout the day.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 6/6/2013 2:07:00 AM More reviews by RachelisGreen

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Tan, Warm Hair: Blond, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Hazel

I am the concealer queen - let's just put it like that. I have tried the best of the best concealers Mac Studio Finish, Sheer Cover, NYX Hd Concealer Wand, Hard Candy Glamoflauge, Sonia Kashuk, etc etc etc. My personal Holy Grail is MAC's Pro Longwear Concealer. It truly is amazing, especially for under eye circles because it doesn't crease. This is def my second HG concealer. I love Kat Von D's Lock It foundation; it's my new Holy Grail. This concealer is really fantastic. It is so creamy and moist. It doesn't have as much coverage as my Prolong Wear Concealer (I'd consider that a full coverage concealer) and even though the Tattoo Concealer is supposed to cover tattoos I'd say it's only medium buildable to full coverage. I love that it's creamy because it doesn't cake up over dry skin and acne. I also can use this as a foundation! When I'm out doing stuff and I don't have time to do my foundation I can slap this on literally blend it with my fingers and my skin looks really good. Granted, it's not flawless like with the Kat Von D foundation but it's much better than my natural skin and covers up all my acne - considering it IS a concealer. I couldn't really do that with MAC's Studio Finish Concealer because it's so thick. I really love this stuff! It's definitely my top 2nd concealer of all time. I am an NC25ish maybe on the darker side of NC-20 and I use Light 18 (I also wear L 48 in the Lock It Kat Von D foundation). Bottom line is, this concealer is amazing. It has multiple uses and is very long lasting. :) I wore it ALONE, without any powder while I was sweating my ass off in 90 degree weather while it was extremely humid outside and my skin was barely sweaty and not shiny at all. I barely patted my nose dry with a kleenex and it looked perfectly matte! This stuff rocks.

rated 4 of 5 on 5/15/2013 10:49:00 PM More reviews by liorak

Overall this pretty great. It is super full coverage and I love It for under eye circles (mine are pretty bad.) Coverage is pretty amazing. Based on what most people I know say and my own experience, it is exactly like the mac pro-longwear concealer. Which is 18USD while the Kat Von D one is 25USD. So just for that reason I would rather get the mac one. But It is much better than any other drugstore concealer I have tried.

rated 4 of 5 on 5/5/2013 8:17:00 PM More reviews by nomnomloot

Age: 19-24 Skin: Very Dry, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Straight, Fine Eyes: Brown

Great concealer. Small and kind of expensive, but so awesome thats its worth it.

rated 2 of 5 on 4/25/2013 11:00:00 AM More reviews by Noelle07

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Straight, Fine Eyes: Green

I was so excited to try this stuff! So when I had some extra cash I went to sephora to purchase. Damn them and their lighting in that place! This concealer made me realize that if it looks like a color match in a sephora store, it will be too dark in the real world. I put this on after buying and it looked like I had orange dots on my face instead of blemishes. I'm about a 115 in MUF HD foundation. I just figured this concealer would be lighter considering Kat Von D is rather fair, but it's not at all. Oh, I also got the lightest shade they offer. So, if youre pale like me, I wouldn't bother with this concealer until they come out with lighter colors. However, besides that, I'm sure it may be good, but in my opinion $25 is way too much for a concealer. I ended up with Hard Candy Glamoflauge and its the same thing as this, with a better color and wayyyy less expensive.

rated 5 of 5 on 4/21/2013 10:20:00 PM More reviews by melmonster95

Love this concealer! It stays put for a very long time and covers very well. I mostly use this product to cover my acne scars and current blemishes. I also use it as an eyeshadow primer because it works! Amazing product, forever going to be in my makeup routine.

rated 1 of 5 on 4/18/2013 10:13:00 PM More reviews by zurbaby

Im a kat von d believer. I have acne scars that are really stubborn and oily/dry combination skin (the hardest to deal with) and well.... This concealer does not give me coverage at all... I tried layering it in a very reasonable amount of times . The first layer is automatically cakey... This stuff was such a waste of money. If you are interested in this product. Do not listen to any of these people. Instead, GET A SAMPLE! Everyone's skin is different... Well thats all for now :) if there is any questions whatsoever. Feel free to msg me :)

2 out of 3 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 on 4/15/2013 5:43:00 PM More reviews by jaytothehay

I got this as a sample from Sephora. and at first I just wanted to use it as a highlighter- was not a good idea...it seeped right into my pores and lines. gross!
-But then as I usually have a few zits on my face, and def red bloches. I used this under my makeup. I just put a little right on top the spots that need it let it sit for a few minutes-usually do my hair.. -then just dab it a bit with my finger. Then put my foundation on top of it. and it totally stays in place and gives me the best coverage I have ever seen a concealer give. I will be buying myself a tube! -once my sample is gone :)

rated 3 of 5 on 4/8/2013 9:45:00 AM More reviews by lovetoshop31

I used this for a few months before switching to MUFE HD concealer and let me just say that WOW.. so glad I switched. This concealer is SUPER full coverage.. and unless you need it for that, do NOT buy this. I love full coverage makeup, but this was a little too thick for my liking. It does not glide, it cakes by the end of the day, in the tube if you do not use it within a few months it gets icky - runny and seperated.. just not a great concealer. If you are looking to really cover something up and for something that will last all day.. try MUFE HD concealer - it's my go to and never runs, cakes, etc.
I find the Kat Von D to just be cheap.. not something I would repurchase.

2 out of 3 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 1 of 5 top reviewer on 3/17/2013 6:40:00 PM More reviews by Miaoudeminou

I had went to Sephora months ago. I bought a Lorac foundation and was given a bit of this in a sample container (a little pot; they gave me a ton). I had wanted to try it out because I have dark circles and no concealer by far has fully covered them up. I'd love to find that concealer and buy cases of it. I think it's a completely fictional product though.

Anyways, onto the concealer. I tried many ways to use this. One Youtube guru mentioned taking concealer, such as this, mixing it with a moisturizer and making a weird tinted moisturizer out of it. I thought "hey I could try that with this!" and I broke out in acne all over the place. I did try using it to cover acne and it gets cakey. Around my nose, to cover capillaries, it gets cakey. To cover broken capillaries to the right of my mouth (there's 3 lines I don't know what's going on there but I cover it) and using it there it caked horribly. Now I try to use ever so little but it doesn't cover. When I get to an amount that covers. It cakes. I tried it under my eyes and it caked. I tried mixing it with a serum to use under my eyes (thinking it might work) and it caked. I seriously could not get this POS to work for me where it wouldn't cake.

Now I'm sure someone else got it to work for them. It's that just about every liquid product out there cakes on my face (yes I have tried many a things- various primers & moisturizers).