July 30, 2014 | 1020 users online

Crème - TheBalm - TimeBalm Foundation

image 0image 1image 2

rated 5 of 5 on 12/28/2009 7:12:00 PM More reviews by CrayolaActually

I love this "foundation", I actually use it as a concealer. I feel that it would be too heavy to be used as a foundation, I defiantly would not put this all over my face. I was going to get the Time Balm Concealer but then I saw this and it was practically the same thing! I don't see a difference in the Time Balm concealer and foundation. I got the foundation just because you get a whole lot more of product and the price was really good. I use this for my dark under eye cirlces and any blemishes/scarring and it's great! I wouldn't use this with a brush though, it's too hard and thick so I think it's best to just use your fingers so the product can warm up before you apply to your face. I would def. buy this again when I run out, or when it expires.

3 out of 4 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 on 9/7/2009 11:42:00 AM More reviews by diffuze

Age: 36-43 Skin: Dry, Fair, Cool Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Other

This is now my holy grail foundation. It works like clockwork on my dry skin. Lasts throughout the day, no touch ups needed. Can be applied for full coverage (no concealer needed, I mean FULL coverage). Can also be sheered out by using for example a damp sponge. Awsome product. I have used it daily for over a month and I've had no issues with breakouts, my skin even feels and looks smoother now than before I started to use it.

I also use this as a concealer and I use it to even out skin tone on eyelids all the way up to the brows.

The look of this is extremely natural imho. It don't look cakey or anything like that..

Love it!

6 out of 6 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 on 7/8/2009 11:59:00 AM More reviews by sewingchic

Age: 44-55 Skin: Combination, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Green

I am always on the quest for the best foundation. I find that liquid foundations tend to settle into my pores and wrinkles. Mineral foundation works OK - particularly Everyday Minerals, but is messy. I love TheBalm concealer so decided to try this out.

I absolutely love this foundation. I don't need any touchups throughout the day, and I have oily skin. I ditched the sponge that comes with it, and tried using a foundation brush. However, I found that using my fingers was the best way.

I use a primer before application (SmashBox) and it lasts all day. I highly recommend this.

rated 5 of 5 on 5/15/2009 10:27:00 AM More reviews by ashleemaegan

So after reading many different opinions on this product and hearing them off SA's and friend's of make up artists etc, I decided the only way I would find out if this was for me is if I just bought the thing! Being a huge fan of the time balm concealer I was very excited when I heard they were bringing out a foundation with the same consistency. So far I have found it to be just as creamy as the concealer and it is very full coverage, I didn't even need to conceal blemishes, it covered it all, and since it's buildable you can treat those stubborn blemishes.

So in conclusion I love it and can't wait to do my make up tomorrow.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 3/31/2009 2:06:00 PM More reviews by tiara98

Age: 25-29 Skin: Dry, Olive, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

amazing for travel or everyday when you don't have a lot of time/energy to get your face on & GO! the first few times i used it, i was not amazed, as the application was a bit thick & streaky. fortunately, i've figured it out and now i'm very happy with this product.

you might as well throw out the sponge this comes with -- it's useless. i use MAC Strobe Cream as a primer, then apply this foundation with a makeup sponge spritzed with hydrating toner. i hate how this looks applied with a foundation brush -- dry OR damp. since i started using this technique, my coworkers have been regularly commenting on how flawless and glowy i look.

the medium works for my olive skintone, although i'm pretty sure i'll need to switch to mid-medium (too dark & orange for winter!) when i have a tan.

for nights out when i have plenty of time to get ready, i will be sticking with higher-end (Chanel, MUFE) liquid foundations & a foundation brush. but you can't beat it for day to day.

rated 1 of 5 on 3/22/2009 8:59:00 PM More reviews by hesperia

Age: 56 & Over Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Brown, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Brown

I so wanted to try this because it got rave reviews from clients in sephora.com. They said it is cream-to-powder, matte, full coverage. Sounded just like my cup of tea. So I got myself a sample. Oh, dear. Not for me. In the first place, it's too thick, which means that if you have skin texture issues - like I do - it will only enhance every one of them. It pooled in my pores, accentuated every line, settled in them, too, and made my face shiny in spite of my dusting setting powder on it because it did NOT set to a powder on my skin. I hope it works for other because it certainly did not work for me. :(

UPDATE: Ok, so before I got rid of my sample (thank goodness for samples!), I decided to give this another try. The first time, I applied it with a stipple brush. BIG mistake. This time, I used a sponge and then, I blotted the excess off with a tissue. The results were much better ... but not enough to make me dash out and buy this. It is still too thick, and emphasizes flaws rather than mask them. Oh, well ...