TheBalm TimeBalm Foundation

Tridecyl Trimellitate, Neopentyl Glycol Dicaprylate/Dicaprate, Diethylhexyl Adipate, Isoeicosane, Talc, Copernicia cerifera (Carnauba) Wax, Beeswax, Octyldodecanol, Retinyl Palmitate, Tocopheryl Acetate, Tetrahexyldecyl Ascorbate, C18-36 Acid Glycol Ester, Panthenol, Tribehenin, Ceresin, Caprylic/Capric Triglyceride, Linoleic Acid, Glycine soja (Soybean) Sterol, Phospholipids, Lauroyl Lysine, Silica, Propyl Gallate, Glycine soja (Soybean) Oil, Titanium Dioxide CI 77891, Iron Oxides CI 77499, CI 77492, CI 77491 Mica CI 77019. May Contain: Ultramarines CI 77007.

Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

Hair: Brunette, Other, Fine

I liked this foundation at first but then my family started telling me my makeup looked so heavy. No matter how little I had on, they still said it looked like I had a ton of makeup on. This is the 8th foundation this year that Sephora has recommended to me! and all have been awful. I give up on Sephora. Also, I have oily skin but this made it so much worse. I know it said it's oil-free but definitely made it worse. It looked oily in the container before I even put it on! It never totally set either. My face always felt tacky.

Not sure what possessed me to try it but I bought Cover Girl Simply Ageless as a replacement to this and I actually love it. Everyone says my skin looks great. It covers without looking heavy. It just looks natural.

This is my holy grail foundation. I love it! It is an amazing creme foundation. I would say it it a medium coverage foundation. It covers everything I need it to cover without looking cakey. The sponge it comes with makes the foundation way too thick so I threw it away and use my fingers. It was only $28 amd comes with .75 oz which is a lot compared to other creme foundations, such as the Urban Decay Surreal Skin creme foundation that only comes with .24 oz and is around the same price. I wouldn't call this a creme to powder foundation because I have dry skin and just this alone can make my skin look a little oily. But with a good setting powder this is amazing and it lasts so long. I haven't had any breakouts from this which is awesome (: the package doesnt have a mirror but it doesn't bother me at all. Overall this is my all time favorite foundation. Its amazing! The only thing is that it can be hard to find in a sephora. My sephora doesn't carry TheBalm cosmetics so I had to drive over an hour to get it. I just wish they sold it in all sephoras. But its worth it. Such a great foundation!!

Skin: Oily, Medium, Warm

Hair: Brunette, Straight, Other

I've had this for months and I LOVE THIS FOUNDATION! I apply it with my fingers and then smooth my face with the sponge that it came with, and then use my finger again if needed to dab any extra problem blemishes or under eye circles. It's very creamy and very matte and will actually STAY ON my oily face. I don't use this every day, only days/nights I'm actually going somewhere (lol, unsuitable for my line of work- dance teacher). This past summer my face broke out so much more because of the heat and I felt like everytime I used this, my face actually got better! Strangely enough, I felt like this helped to even out my skin tone.

I haven't noticed any foundation coming off on my clothes or pillow the one time I took a mid day cat nap, but it will come off if I dab my face with tissue or lean my cellphone against my cheek. When it's cold, I have to swirl the pad of my finger on top to melt it, lol.

I have both this and the concealer in Medium, but the concealer looks a tad darker. I would definitely reccomend this to anyone wanting full coverage.

UPDATE: 23 Apr 11. I STILL LOVE THIS FOUNDATION! I'm barely reaching the bottom, and I say that this is completely good value for the money. The only problem I've found is that after dropping the case a few times, it cracked in the threads on the lid, and if I actually close it, then sometimes it gets stuck and I swear a vacuum forms and it's so hard to open! So I never fully close it, but it still works like a charm. Will totally buy again when this one runs out.

UPDATE: Jan 2013. YES! I STILL STILL LOVE THIS FOUNDATION!! Because of the price (and that it's only available online now) I dabbled with other foundations and reserved the bit that was left for special occasions. Thankfully, in 2012, I decided that I was worth spending more on and knew that cheap products was not the way to go anymore. I bought another TB and have been living it up for months. I use this daily now that I've perfected the technique, and love the coverage it supplies, love the ZERO breakouts I've had because of this, and LOVE how it makes me look. It hasn't failed me yet, not thru endless hours at the lab, school, or work, many recitals and performances, and most recently the Rose Parade. 6 miles in high heels, dancing with a dress that weighs about 15-20lbs? This foundation can handle it.

Skin: Dry, Fair, Warm

Hair: Red, Straight, Medium

I'm a redhead with very fair, dry skin, so creme-to-powder foundations tend to settle into my skin, making me look crepe-y. Liquid foundations can make me look shiny, so I'm never happy! This is a gem. I apply it with a foundation brush and if I don't want to wear foundation (if it's daytime and I'm wearing tinted SPF moisturizer), it doubles as the best concealer EVER. A little goes a long way and it will last forever. Definitely a try before you buy and "balm" is the correct word here. I adore this product!

Skin: Oily, Tan, Not Sure

Used it for the first time today. I had difficulties apply it because it is really thick. I tried with a foundation brush first, very streaky. Then a damp sponge, better but still, quite difficult to blend. However, despite the difficult application, I have to say the coverage of this foundation is pretty high and it matches my skin tone very well and naturally. I'm Asian with tan skin and strong yellow undertone. Other foundations tend to make my face look either too red or yellowish.
Upon application, this foundation may look too white or mask-like, but once I applied some loose powder and sprayed my face with toner, My face looked really natural and it lasts for a whole day (10 hours so far), no touch-up needed, just thebalm's sexy mama to get rid of the shine on the tip of my nose.

I recommend it but if anyone knows a more time-saving way to apply the foundation, pls do let me know!

I'm surprised this doesn't get many reviews as there are a lot of good reviews on Sephora. This is the best creme foundation. It gives flawless coverage but doesn't feel like a mask, you can hardly tell you are wearing foundation. I was weary it would break me out as I have very sensitive skin but I have had no breakouts from wearing this. Light-medium is the perfect match for my fair yellow toned skin. Best applied with a damp foundation brush which gives you a nice even finish.
Strawberry net are now selling this brand which is great as this is hard to get in Aust.

Very emollient creme foundation. Great coverage, a little too oily for my combo oily skin but I'll live because it's so easy to blend. You have to set with powder though of course but this stuff is a hidden gem!

My Color Me Beautiful and Mary Kay colors/types of foundation were discontinued, I have used MAC often, but I end up buying things I didn't intend to buy, and regret it. Have been having health problems so do alot of online shopping, I've liked for the most part The Balm's products (esp the concealer), so tried their Time Balm, very creamy, good for us over 35! And a little goes a long way. Will purchase again, altho for the summer will switch to a lighter product.

My HG foundation is a cream foundation (Avene) but it's hard to find and I've been trying to find an alternative for a long time. I didn't know TheBalm had a foundation but when I tried it at Sephora, the Light-Medium shade was absolutely the correct shade for me and so I tried it along with the concealer. I was a bit iffy about using my own pot of foundation with my fingers, so I tried a few different application and they all turned out great. The color was a superb match for me as I always have problems with foundations being too yellow or too neutral. Color was a problem with other brands (like Paul & Joe, which is too neutral for me). Anyways, the real test was when I put on something wrong for my skin. My forehead was lobster red and other liquid foundations I used could not cover it without looking splotchy and with multiple layers. I just grabbed this foundation and stippled it on with a damp sponge and the redness was covered. I used very little product and the end result did not look splotchy at all and lasted all day. Hence I am sold on this foundation. I suggest using a small flat foundation brush or a damp sponge for a thin application for daily use. A little of this product goes a long way. Just remember to set it with powder, as this is a cream foundation, not a liquid foundation. I took one lippie off for the horrible cheap packaging as this is really an amazing product that deserves to look better.

I was a huge Vincent Longo fan until they discontinued the Water Canvas line. This foundation works in a very similar fashion, but at a fraction of the price. It's not heavy, and disapears into the skin when applied with a foundation brush (don't even bother with the crappy sponge that comes in the package - it applies WAY too thick). It can be a little dry, so you'll want to use a primer first. But the look is very natural, and evens out the skin tone nicely. It's also good for Summer because it won't fade, change color, or slide off the face like some moisturizing formulas will. Note that if you're looking for full "can't tell there's skin under there" coverage, this isn't the right product for you - it's more of a natural look, but it WILL hide redness, blotchiness, uneven tone, etc. My big gripe about this product is the packaging - the cheap plastic pot is fragile, and the lid shatters easily.