MAC Lickable

4.5

on 1/25/2010 2:31:00 PM

Just bought Lickable! Better than MAC's Girl About Town. It leaves a cherry-pop stain on my lips w/o drying!

I went to MAC with plans of buying "Up the Amp" (based on all the MUA raves about it). I wanted a new lipstick different from my usual reds. I found Up the Amp wayyy TOO lavender for my taste! It made me look like a corpse.

Anyway, the helpful S/A suggested this, and I love the way it makes my teeth look whiter! It also brightens up my complexion. Will definitely repurchase.

Perfect popping pink! Debated about this shocking pink called "Lickable", but it has less shock than the others and glad to have purchased it.

Considered a creamsheen or creemsheen, it lasts through coffee and lunch, leaving a lovely pink stain on the lips. I would definitely re-purchase and experiment with other Mac creamsheens.

on 11/18/2009 7:41:00 PM

Skin: Combination, Olive, Warm

This is certainly not a color I would normally buy cause I'm sort of into neutrals. But a friend of mine was looking for a bright pink so she tried this one on. I loved the way it looked on her and of course, she insisted I try and I was so surprised to like it so much! It really does brighten up your whole face without looking tacky or as if you're wearing a pre-teen lip color. I'm very happy I added this to my collection!

on 10/1/2009 11:59:00 AM

Skin: Very Oily, Fair, Cool

Since I already have soo many bright pinks, including Girl About Town, I persuaded myself that I didn't "need" Lickable, also.

My compromise was to make myself wait until I could get Lickable through the Back to MAC program.

Well, not only was Lickable worth the wait, it is not like any other pink I own.

Lickable is very blue-based and it's bright, make no mistake about that!

However, at least on my moderately pigmented lips, against my NW15 complexion, Lickable is a very *deep* pink, as opposed to an almost neon pink, like Show Orchid or Impassioned. Compared to Girl About Town, Lickable is slightly less intense, and maybe the tiiiniest bit more blue. As another reviewer mentioned, Extra Amps Dazzleglass is *gorgeous* over Lickable. Lickable is one of those shades that instantly brightens your face, making you look younger, more alert, and healthy.

Because Lickable is of the Cremesheen formula, it glides on effortlessly, provides opaque coverage, and feels moist and light on the lips.

Though I got Lickable free this time, I would gladly buy it next time.
P.S. I like Beet pencil liner with Lickable. I imagine Cranapple Cremestick would work, as well.

NOTE: Since I obtained Trimmed in Pink pencil, that has become my liner of choice to pair with Lickable. However, don't try this combination at home unless you're prepared for some *serious* PIIIIIIIIIINK. Personally, I love it for summer.
continued >>

Skin: Sensitive, Olive, Not Sure

This is definitely in the same family as Girl About Town. A fabulous bright fuschia blue-pink. I was torn between getting GAT, Impassioned, or Lustering. I ended up getting Lickable because of the cremesheen formula. It just feels so comfortable on my skin compared to frosts and lustres. It gives of a nice shine to it so I don't necessarily need to add gloss, but I do it anyway. Today I tried it with Extra Amps Dazzleglass and it looks great. Very fun face brightening color.

on 6/21/2009 10:21:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Dark, Not Sure

On my quest to expand my range of lipstick colors I decided to add pink for the spring/summer time. My first stop was MAC Hello Kitty Big Bow. Then I bought Girl about Town, but it was to intense for me. When I went to buy GAT I tried on Lickable but was determined to make GAT work. Now I've back to mac Big Bow cause the neonish pink color was not working for me and I got Lickable. I love it love it love it. It is a great true pink lipstick that is great for dark skin.

on 6/19/2009 6:02:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Dark, Not Sure

Hair: Black, Relaxed, Coarse

Lickable is a great lipstick! It applies like a dream and has phenomenal staying power. It has a nice sheen and looks like I applied a bit of gloss. Gorgeous color and is very bright but not OTT.

Skin: Combination, Medium Brown, Not Sure

Hair: Blond, Other, Fine

Lickable is what I wanted Sweet Thing l/s from the sugarsweet collection to be . Lickable is a very pigmented, beautiful blue toned pink that is perfect for ladies with pigmented lips. I've been looking for a pink that would show up on my lips w/o being too OTT and this is it. It's a creamsheen, and Sweet Thing is a lustre with very little pigment. Lickable was sold out at my local MAC counters so I had to order it online. Luckily it was in stock online. It looks great paired with Funtabulous or Love Alert dazzleglass.

on 4/7/2009 6:55:00 PM

so when the new set of creamsheens came out i wasn't sure that any of them really appealed to me. but a friend convinced me to try this one along with lavender whip.
i never would have picked this up on my own, but i'm so so glad i did. it really pumped up my love for bright lippies.
it's a bright fuchsia color but somehow it totally works. and this may or may not be a good thing, depending on the person, but it leaves a subtle stain on your lips after it wears off which is nice for those who don't like an uneven wear on their lipsticks.
the color is just so great and the formulation is awesome. i would definitely buy this again. it's one of my favorite bold lipsticks.
also a little extra info, i swatched this at my nearest mac counter next to girl about town, and the two colors are very similar, but i found myself drawn to lickable a little more.

on 2/23/2009 1:33:00 PM

Skin: Very Oily, Tan, Not Sure

So, this is a permanent shade there's no need to rush to get and hoard. This is part of the Cremesheen line. I would describe this as a blue based FUSCHIA pink. It's awesome. I don't normally wear lipsticks because i just want my lips to be as low maintenance as possible because i like color on my lids. But this is the BOMB. I would gladly forego and wacky color on my lids for this baby. I think you might just need to get lip pencil to keep this baby in check because it does feather a little, but what lipstick doesn't? This doesn't make my teeth look yellow as it is blue based. And that's pretty good because I am a smoker and a coffee drinker.

This is my first pink lipstick ever.

Recommended for Medium Skin