Maybelline Line Express Eyeliner

3.2

on 2/11/2010 1:06:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Cool

Hair: Brown, Other, Fine

I have in brown. Very creamy and pigmented. I can only use this on my top lash line. Any place else it immediately smudges and I don't have very oily eyelids. I'll use up but not repurchase.

on 1/29/2010 9:11:00 PM

Skin: Other, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

This product runs out so easily...even though I apply it only once a day. There is no need for the sponge tip smudger-it actually takes a lot of it off. It smudges really well (for a smoky look) and I don't blame my eyeliner for wearing off, I know how to control that with powder or eyeshadow, but for some reason I have very little of it left...I have to sharpen the pencil very often. For someone who needs precise definition or eyelining the waterline, I imagine this liner is not for you either.

on 1/27/2010 9:42:00 PM

I'm 15, and discovered eyeliner at 14. I have gone through many Maybellines and the Line Express is my current product I wear daily. I picked this up at the Chemist Warehouse (Australia)for $10AUD. ( This probably isn't a good one for my lifestyle, as I walk to and from school and it is a very active place there with all sorts of weather.) I bought this because the staff at CW advised me to when I wanted something cheap but good.

CONS:
I like the fact that it has a smudger at the end, but it only softens the liner and makes the colour fade out, plus smudges it a tad. (THIS EYELINER SMUDGES SOO EASILY!) With my school life, I find that at the end of the day, if I put more than one coat on, this eyeliner either smudges and gives me panda eyes in combo with my Maybelline The Colossal Mascara,or fades out if I put one coat on. Maybe I should stick with something waterproof...

PROS
Hmm...the cheapest eyeliner I've bought so far, good value I guess?, glides on pretty easily. I have this in Blackened Sapphire and I'm loving the rich colour it gives.

All in all, average rating I guess. Like grown up women finding 'The One' in men, I am finding 'The One' in eyeliner (wow.), this isn't 'The One' for me, I shall keep looking.

continued >>

on 1/21/2010 4:38:00 AM

this eyeliner applies very smooth and its very creamy but not overly creamy. i have it in ebony black - the darkest colour - and it was very black. it doesnt stay on your waterline, and it transfered under my eye after about half an hour. but i wasnt too surprised, because it isnt waterproof and it smudges very well - like its supposed to. the smudger on the other end works really well. however the the actual eyeliner itsself just smudges too easily. i wouldnt purchase this product again, as i like to line my waterline. but i would reccomend it for people who dont have oily lids like myself. i still use the smudger to smudge my eyeliner with rimmel exaggerate :)

on 1/15/2010 8:46:00 PM

Skin: Normal, Medium, Not Sure

i love this!!!!!!!!!!!
the color is amazing,
it lasts a whole day, i dont have to reapply it, well maybe a little. it lasts on teh watterline, which is where i mostly apply it. its soo small i just keep it in my pockett. lol. there is a smudger with it if you like that.

Skin: Other, Fair, Cool

Hair: Black, Other, Medium

Bought in Ebony Black.The color is okay,at first.It's not the darkest black.The smudge tip is bad,even through I do like the shape of it,but it just seems like it wipes off the color instead of smudging it.The damn thing also crumbles every single time I sharpen it,so I go through it really fast and it's not a very long pencil to begin with.It does tend to fade and "migrate" in the inner corners of my eyes even if I set it with eyeshadow.

on 12/10/2009 9:56:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Medium, Warm

Hair: Black, Straight, Other

I have this in Soft Black. There's really nothing special about this eyeliner. It's very soft and glides on easily, but it also smears. It doesn't stay on the waterline and doesn't last very long on my upper lash line either. There are other drugstore eyeliners out there that are cheaper and work better.

on 11/14/2009 4:10:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Neutral

I bought this liner on a whim. Have been using it for awhile however I will not repurchase. The color fades significantly throughout the day and the color isn't too bold either. I like the idea of the smudger on one side however if you use it, it practically smudges all the liner off. There are better eyeliners for the price.

I agree with chesmom below - I also have tried pretty much every available type of eyeliner on the market. After all that work, while each type has their own use, I simply prefer pencils for ease of use. I was very surprised to find that when I applied this liner over UDPP (which I use every day anyway) and then topped it with a light brown eyeshadow to set the liner...it lasted all day! WOW. The only place it falls short is in that small area on the outside corners of the eye. But hardly anything will stay there for me, so c'est la vie. Now that I know this little $5.50 beauty is available, I think I'll keep my life cheaper and easier for a while! P.S. - I bought this in Brownish Black, which is a lovely color. Not a true brown, obviously, but I can tell it has a brown base when I smudge it lightly with my fingers. Just right for my fair features!

on 4/21/2009 12:53:00 PM

Hair: Brunette, Straight, Coarse

I'm liking it. Nothing stays on my waterline or lids...not even UDPP makes a huge difference for me so I quit fussing with gels, liquids, etc. and went straight back to pencils. Love the old school wooden pencils with smudgers. Just line, smudge, and there you have it. Yeah, it travels. So does everything else on me. It surprisingly lasts longer than I would think...it's about noon before I have to touch up. I'll buy again.