Clinique Even Better Makeup SPF 15

3.7

Octinoxate 6%, Zinc Oxide 3.5%, Titanium Dioxide 2.9% Water, Methyl Trimethicone, Phenyl Trimethicone, Dimethicone, Triethylhexanoin, Butylene Glycol, Trimethylsiloxysilicate, PEG-10 Dimethicone, Lauryl PEG-9 Polydimethylsiloxyethyl Dimethicone, Octyldodecyl Neopentanoate, Citrus Grandis (Grapefruit) Peel Extract, Betula Alba (Birch) Bark Extract, Citrus Jabara Peel Extract, Saccharomyces Lysate Extract, Trametes Versicolor Extract, Astrocaryum Murumuru Seed Butter, Sodium Mannose Phosphate, Glycerin, Sodium Myristoyl Sarcosinate, Methicone, Polyglyceryl-6 Polyricinoleate, Disteardimonium Hectorite, Dimethicone Crosspolymer-3, Isopropyl Titanium Triisostearate, Lecithin, Laureth-7, Tocopheryl Acetate, Magnesium Ascorbyl Phosphate, Dimethicone/PEG-10/15 Crosspolymer, Alumina, Sodium Chloride, Tetrahexyldecyl Ascorbate, Disodium EDTA, Phenoxyethanol, Polyaminopropyl Biguanide. [ /- Titanium Dioxide (CI 77891), Iron Oxides (CI 77491, CI 77492, CI 77499), Mica, Bismuth Oxychloride (CI 77163)]

on 2/20/2014 3:29:00 PM

I have almost an identical experience to the reviewer before me with this foundation. I have the Ivory shade and am around NC20 skintone and I also have combo-oily skintype. When I first applied the foundation, it looked pretty good in the mirror, good coverage and even coverage. I used it over primer and also set it with powder. I like the plastic squeeze bottle type packaging of this foundation and I also like the texture of the product (creamy, easy to spread, not too slippy but not too dry either). But that's where my likes for this foundation end. I noticed my skin got much oilier much faster when using this foundation -- I looked in the mirror after about 2 hours into the day and was horrified at how oily and patchy my face was, it was like the foundation just disintegrated and left me with no coverage and just a patchy looking mess. Not a pretty sight. It is very disappointing. I would not recommend this foundation to anyone who leans oily, this stuff will just disappear after a couple hours and make your face grease up like crazy.

on 2/13/2014 7:43:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Neutral

I purchased the Even Better Foundation about a month ago, so I feel I have given it a fair shake. I did go to the counter to get color-matched with this one, and I am wearing the lightest shade - Alabaster. The SA had a difficult time choosing the correct color for me as the rest were all too dark. I am NC20 in MAC and Warm Ivory in Bobbi Brown. Anyway, I liked the color match, and how the foundation looked on my skin in the store, but ever since wearing it, there are several things I don't like about it. First, I can't apply it with a brush without it looking too cakey. I apply it with fingers for the most natural look possible, but even then it can look too thick. Second, it does accentuate any dry places on the skin. I am not a dry skin gal, I am an oily skin gal, so it accentuates those lovely dry patches around my nose which is the oiliest area on my face. Third, even though this is stated for oily skin types, I find that it can make my skin oily within less than an hour. So, literally my skin goes from looking like a parched, cakey desert to an oil slick. I am just not happy with this product. I wish I could return it, but it is too late. I gave this two stars because at least I received the correct color match, but that is really all the positives I can state on for this product. *sigh*

I've been searching for the perfect foundation for ages. My skin is combination-dry, which often results in foundation caking on my skin and highlighting my pores. I've been using Clinique's Moisture Surge tinted moisturizer which I absolutely love, except it is just not enough for my red spots around and on my nose.

I got a sample of this EB, and was pleasantly surprised. It seems to blend well, and doesn't highlight my pores the way others do (Smashbox, Benefit, Estee Lauder, Chanel - ick!!). Clearly I've tried a lot. 'Linen' may be a bit too yellow for my skin tone (still on the fence), but here's why I think I'm going to purchase the full size:

My skin is quite fair, and shows marks forever after my pimples go away. I had two on my forehead (one for 2 months, the other for 1 month) when I started using EB. I was shocked when after 1 week of using the sample, I barely noticed the 2 month old scar, and the other had faded significantly as well. I guess the blemish-reduction stuff in here really does work.

The only con - it has trouble covering my red/oily nose sometimes, unless I use clinique's red reducing primer (I typically use Monistat gel - yes - or the green Smashbox, which is dreadful). So I am still on the fence.

But if you're wondering how it blends (surprisingly well) and if it reduces skin marks (it does - I'm shocked too), then I would definitely drop the dough on this.

on 2/7/2014 11:16:00 PM

Skin: Combination, Tan, Not Sure

Hair: Black, Curly, Coarse

I was quite disappointed with this one! I really wanted to like it because clinique is honestly my hg high end makeup favorite and it's all ill use on my face when it comes to foundations. I'm not into liquid makeup but sense I do have some dark spots I was looking to even out "even better" seemed like it would be worth a shot. First off, the color I have is way too dark. This foundation needs more colors for people with yellow undertones. Secondly, it made my skin oily and looked too unnatural. I like the natural look, and this so obviously looked.. Well there. Overall I just don't like how it looked. I recently tried the even better creme makeup in the compact and it is my favorite. So if say if you've got oily to combination skin, give the compact of this a try!

on 2/6/2014 10:50:00 AM

Hair: Blond, Straight, Medium

This one just wasn't for me. It's like a thick tinted moisturizer, and even when applied with a sponge, I found the texture to be cakey. Dry areas of my combination skin were accentuated, and it also drew attention to my pores. This probably works well on someone who is 24 and has small pores, but I need my foundation to smooth me out and blur imperfections, and this one just doesn't.

on 1/30/2014 10:18:00 PM

So I've been using this foundation for 3+ months now and I find it to be a OK foundation for everyday wear. It offers medium coverage, has a natural/satin finish, does not clog my pores.
I can't tell if it helps correct uneven skin tone (eww my acne scarring), so that probably means it doesn't for me. I have combination skin, and it works fine on my drier and oilier areas with proper prepping and priming. The lasting power is average. In general it will last 4 hours on its own. Although this foundation does not have a pump, the tip is great because its controllable and I can dispense a perfect amount.

on 1/28/2014 11:41:00 AM

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Warm

About my Skin: NC15/20 depending on the season. I have strong olive undertones. I live in WI so my skin is usually normal to dry in the winter and normal to combo in the summer. I have very sensitive skin and acne prone skin.

My shade: Linen, however, it is not the most perfect match. It could be a little bit more yellow/olive, but the other aspects of the foundation make up for it and you cannot tell unless you exam my face and neck for 5 minutes (which is how long it took me to figure out the shade match hehe)

I did not take any lippies off for shade because you can barely tell and all of the other Pros for me made it 5 lippies and the little color difference didn't bother me. I

Pros
-Does not break me out!!! -
it actually is one of very few foundations that doesn't break me out. I actually see my acne go
away to more perfect even complexion and my redness goes away the more days in a
row I use this. This is a huge plus for me because usually by the end of the day, my skin
is having some sort of reaction to a foundation.
-Skin like finish to satin. it is not matte so I would stay clear if you are super oily. I wouldn't
say it is straight out dewy either.
-Lasts all day on me but you have to remember I have dry skin right now
-Medium coverage
-Doesn't oxidize on me - it stays true to color the entire day

Cons
-It can emphasize pores if you have enlarged. Mine are a little bit bigger than normal but I do not wear it with a primer, so I am not sure if that would fix the issue or not. Get a sample first if you are unsure!

-It could have a better shade selection (as stated above) If you have pink undertones, then you will have no problem finding a match. However, if you are paler than me or have strong yellow undertones, you may have an issue finding your shade

-Not good for oily skin. Even in the winter, I have to set it with a powder even though I am dry. I also use tons of products to moisture my skin and I love the dewy look. However, I find it important to set with a powder to ensure lasting powder and prevent transferring.

As for the "even better" claim.. I didn't see any results, but I use this as a foundation and I expect my foundation to cover up my imperfections without causing more imperfections. I do not expect MU to perform like skincare. So that is why I did not take off any lippies for that claim :)

I have used up about 3-4 large samples of this foundation because I am always unsure if I should buy it. I got about 10 uses out of each sample. I am on a no buy, but I will be exchanging a foundation that broke me out for this foundation for the full size. I will update when I finish the full size. Please understand it might be awhile as I have many foundations. HTHs! :)
Update 4/30/2014: Finally bought the full size with some gift cards from xmas! I still love this foundation and still no breakouts!
Update 7/13/2014: Still love it! No breakouts :)
Update 11/6/2014: Still loving this! Also, it looks like I am running low on it too! I plan on repurchasing when I do run out!
Update 2/19/2015: I just ran out & I still love this! I am on a no buy but I plan on repurchasing in the future after I finish up some other foundations :)

on 1/26/2014 8:50:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Fair, Neutral

This foundation is my jam. I have very oily skin with occasional acne, and I've accepted that there is absolutely no foundation that is going to keep shine away all day. It's just not going to happen. This ain't the magical world of Harry Potter where I could wave a wand at a bottle and have an all-day perfection makeup solution. The best I can do is find a foundation that doesn't make the oil slick any worse than it has to be, and this stuff does the job.

I use the Alabaster shade and I'm NC15ish. Alabaster is the best colour match I've found in any makeup - a true neutral, not yellowish. It doesn't oxidise over the course of the day. Medium coverage, so it covers up just enough without looking thick or mask-like. This plus MAC blotting powder = excellent.

on 1/20/2014 9:33:00 PM

Skin: Combination, Medium Brown, Warm

I generally do not like nor wear foundations but LOVE this. Really like the light weight feeling. I do cheat a little and actually mix a teeny bit of it w/ my Cetaphil lotion and I still get nice coverage. I don't wear it all the time, usually Mon thru Fri at work in the fall / winter mo's only, and I remove the min I get home. I'm Indian, so half the yr I'm beige so the Clinique beautician suggested 07 Vanilla...so that, w/ my matte Body Shop Bronzer 04 as my "blush" looks really good. I've hyperpigmentation scars plus dark circles under my 37 yr old eyes and even tho I use very little, I find I've more confidence in my skin (especially in the winter where hyperpigmentation of acne / pimple scars show up more and people ask me if they're freckles sometimes ARG lol). I bought this for the 1st time March 2013 in the smaller sized bottle (plastic) and I love the packaging being that I'm clumsy especially in the early mornings and this has fallen on the floor and of course, being that it's plastic won't break. I've a lot left for almost a yr later and when I run out I shall re-purchase indeed. It's worth the $36 and change (CAD) for a product that lasts so long, does not irritate my sensitive skin and looks so good...I feel as tho my skin looks polished w/ this on yet not over-done. Fresh almost.

on 1/18/2014 10:41:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Tan, Not Sure

Praise Clinique for coming up with such a brilliant thing! So I have acne issues and after using their Acne Solutions Foundations I thought I would give this one a try in an attempt to somewhat lighten up my acne scars. Now I know this wouldn't be a miracle worker, because lets face it is make-up it's not going to suddenly erase my scars with a couple of uses. However, I do love this foundation. It provides such good coverage which is grrrrreat for my "battle wounds". I add this with their even better concealer and I hide so much imperfections its amazing! It applies easily, doesn't leave my skin too oily, and its doesn't feel thick or cakey, its just overall great. In all honesty, I can't really tell if it has lighten my scars, because I have been using products to lighten them, but they are lighter so it must be a good combo or something. And it matches my skin very well.

And the spf is such a great bonus!