August 23, 2014 | 1374 users online

Styling Products - Kerastase - Nectar Thermique

rated 5 of 5 on 6/29/2011 10:21:00 PM More reviews by loveamour

Nectar Thermique has been one of those products that have been on my wish list for a long time but I haven't had the guts to shell out the cash for. I finally did a month ago after my hair was noticeably more damaged after a dye job. At first, I was like...what's the big deal - it didn't seem to do anything for my hair and I continued to use it just as a heat protectant. However, when I was in Europe last week where it is noticeably hotter and more humid than my native California, my friends commented on how smooth and soft my hair was (this is a MIRACLE.. with my curly/wavy, dry, frizzy, fine but coarse-looking hair). Right now, I just touched it and it's SO soft. I would continue to pay for this as long as it works the miracle it does. The heat protectant element is just a plus :)

5 out of 5 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 1 of 5 on 5/19/2011 7:11:00 AM More reviews by annemarieke

Age: 44-55 Skin: Dry, Fair, Neutral Hair: Blond, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Green

I'm very dissapointed. I have very fine hair. When I blowdry my hair after using this it seems fine, smooth, a little on the dry side, but ok. But still nothing to rave about. But when I wake up the next day my hair seems lifeless and very dry, strawlike in fact. I don't usually wash my hair every day but with this product I have to.. Maybe my hair is too fine and/or dry for Nectar Thermique??

5 out of 5 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 2 of 5 on 5/7/2011 9:01:00 AM More reviews by ultravee

Age: 30-35 Skin: Other, Other, Neutral Hair: Blond, Straight, Other Eyes: Green

Just like the reviewer before me I too have fine hair, oily roots, dry mid section and ends and it did to my hair the same thing she described - left it lifeless and in my case volumeless. I used to straighten my hair every to every second day so I thought this thing would help it but it made it worse. I now use John Frieda's Straight Fixation Light Weight Creme which, even though is a completely different product, gives me the effect I hoped for from Nectar Thermique.

rated 2 of 5 top reviewer on 4/7/2011 9:39:00 AM More reviews by harrup

I am another voice of dissent. As much as I cherish and adore Ciment Thermique ( to whom I would happily bestow 10 stars)....this product didn't impress me at all. I didn't care for its scent at all ( a strange kind of "old lady" fragrance I would call it) and I didn't care for how it made my hair look of feel either. It left my hair lank and lifeless.

To be fair, it may well be a very good product but wrong for my type of hair (fine, oily roots, dry mid section & ends). Howeveer, after trying it repeatedly and even at minimal quantities - I still didn't like it. So I passed it on to a friend with thicker hair which is dry all over. She doesn't hate it but wouldn't exavtly rave about it either. Puzzling that others report such a fantastic result from it. Maybe I was unfortunate and bought one from a bad product run/batch? Hmm....

rated 5 of 5 on 4/6/2011 8:23:00 AM More reviews by viscousbadgerjelly

Age: 25-29 Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

Amazing

Bought my first bottle 5 months ago and I still have 1/4 bottle left. It is now the only styling product on my shelf (other than hair spray!).

It tames, smoothes, softens and protects and I can apply it to dry or damp hair without it making my hair greasy.

Haven't used anything else since I found it. Whilst it is pricey I found it online for about 15.00 and considering how much money I have saved by not buying other products which I end up not using, I think the price is very reasonable.

Definite HG

rated 3 of 5 on 3/23/2011 9:59:00 PM More reviews by sbarboza

Age: 36-43 Skin: Acne-prone, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Kinky, Coarse Eyes: Hazel

Dare I differ from the many glowing reviews that trail behind mine? Well here I go...

All those reviews enticed me to buy NT as I had been searching for a conditioning heat protectent to use on my dry kinky/curly hair when blow drying and flat ironing. I thought I had found what I'd been looking for - sadly I was wrong.

After shampooing and deep conditioning I towel dried and applied a light leave in, then the NT. After blow drying, my hair was much softer so that was really nice! But that's where the positive attributes ended.

After flat ironing, instead of shine and moisturized ends, my hair was dull, lifeless and brittle. I was sooo disappointed (especially after I shelled out all that dough)! I tried to think of why I didn't have a good experience with the product and I think perhaps if you have kinky or coarse hair perhaps this product is not for you

I have since gone back to my Fantasia IC Heat Protector Serum which makes my hair shiny and healthy looking. And by the way it's less than $5!

rated 4 of 5 on 3/8/2011 10:22:00 AM More reviews by abelharainha

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Other

In my entire life I tried only six products from Kerastase and this is by far the best one and the only one that I would buy again.

So, what is Nectar Thermique?! It's a cream with royal jelly meant to moisture and protect the hair shaft from the heat of irons, etc. It is light yet moisturising and it has a very strong smell that I don't particularly like. It's suitable for dry and very dry hair, according to the label.

My experience:

My hair is fine but I have a lot of it and it's dry on the ends although it gets oily in the roots pretty fast, so I have to wash it three times a week so that it looks its best. The funny part is that my hair "loves" heavy textures and everything that is designed to very dry hair- go figure! Anyway, I noticed this product only works with heat styling but when heat styling it does a great job in making hair easier to style, shiny and very soft to the touch. And you only need a small amount of it. I can't tell on the protective effectiveness (I guess you never can) but I recommend it as it is a great overall product!!

rated 5 of 5 on 2/22/2011 6:33:00 PM More reviews by Anja89

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Blond, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Hazel

I've been trying to grow out my hair, but I have to flat iron it every other day + I have bleached highlights.With this product in combination with Schwarzkopf Bonacure Sealed Ends I can go for months without needing a trim. I use Sealed Ends on my hair before drying it and a small amount of Nectar Thermique before using the flat iron - best combo I've tried. My hair is soft and shiny, no split ends.

rated 5 of 5 on 2/5/2011 12:10:00 PM More reviews by jumitch

This product has transformed my hair. Thank you so much to the MUA members who recommended it. My hair is shoulder length, fine but lots of it and layered. And it's colour treated too. I have it cut every 5-6 weeks but it has driven me mad just lately - Everything I tried was just weighing it down. This product though, once I'd worked out how much to use is fantastic. I wash and condition with the john freida blonde volumising range, shove my hair in a towel while I put on my makeup, then I apply a harricot/baked bean sized amount into my hand, rub hands together and then apply from tips up but not all the way up to the roots - then I dry with hairdryer. Finally I rub a pea-size amount between my hands and rake through (not the roots!) and then use GHD's - result perfect sleek and gorg hair. I sometimes apply a bit of fudge for shape and definition and then finish with tresemme volumising hairspray - and it lasts all day long.

2 out of 3 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 on 2/3/2011 10:06:00 AM More reviews by Sianyy

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Cool Hair: Red, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Blue

For years i've been trying to grow my hair, nothing major just an inch or two so it comes just below my chin. I seem to have that really akward hair where it gets to a certain length and goes likes straw, so then it needs a cut and then i loose my length again so i'm back to square one.
I have to heat style my hair daily by blow drying and quickly going over it with the straightners, [if i didn't it would look a frizzy wavy mess!] So as you can imagine daily heated appliances take their toll and my hair is forever dry. Even a weekly deep condition doesn't bring it back to life. Oh how things have changed since i bought this...

I read some reviews on here and thought this might be worth a shot, i am a hair junkie with over 100 products in my cupboards so i've tried EVERYTHING going. However Kerastase if a first for me, my Mum is a hairdresser and recommended this to my ages ago but it was so expensive i couldnt afford it at the time. I used a pea size amount for short/medium length my hair which was plenty, the smell wasnt too bad but not the best. I can live with that though if a prouct does it's job. I started blow drying and my round brush just glided through my hair, i've never experienced anything like it before :O On closer expection i could see the first section i blow dried was shiny, smooth and had an 'airy' quality to it.

Seriously i've never seen my hair like it before. After finishing the rest of my hair i noticed how 'swingy' it was, never before has my hair moved like that. Infact my hair never moves, even if there's no product on it at all. I was so impressed! For the first time my hair was shiny, soft to the touch. had zero frizz and moved as i walked. This stuff it quite frankily amazing. My hair isn't overly thick either, it just gets dry from the heat styling but it's never weighed down with using this. I think it would ber very hard to deat this product, you just have to use the right amount for your hair type and length.
If i had to give the product a downside it would be that it can make your hair too soft if you want the textured volumized look. I always wear my hair BIG! ...And i mean BIG! So i don't always get the voulme i'm after, however i've found you spritz a root booster or mix some mousse with the product before you dry it certainly helps. Oh! And i backcomb my hair like mad as well to get the voulme, so iF you wear your hair big like me don't be put off by it. A good texturizing clay/putty/wax used as well for finishing will give you some definition,yet you can still feel the smoothing effect of the Kerastase on your hair. I've noticed i don't need my hair cut as much after using this, i use it every other day and it's helped keep split ends and dryness at bay so now i can grow my hair much more than i have been able to before. I only wish i have discovered this before, i think i may need to try out some more from their range :)
Hope this has helped!!