September 30, 2014 | 1612 users online

Hair - Kinky Curly - Knot Today leave-in conditioner

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 9/27/2011 7:50:00 PM More reviews by itsKelCeeEee

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Medium Brown, Cool Hair: Brown, Kinky, Coarse Eyes: Brown

I love this stuff, although I try not to use it as much as my other leave-ins since it's so friggin expensive. I just use it as a leave-in and put it in my hair in sections; I use the least amount possible this way while still getting good results.

rated 5 of 5 on 9/19/2011 4:06:00 AM More reviews by leni423

Age: 19-24 Skin: Sensitive, Dark, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Kinky, Coarse Eyes: Brown

Definitely not sufficient as a leave-in conditioner, but as a detangler...my gosh this stuff is amazing. I'm a finger detangler and this makes my 4b hair infinitely more manageable. I usually divide my hair into 6 parts and use about a nickel sized amt on each section and then run my fingers through...with sheer ease. I then follow-up with something creamy (*the shea moisture curl enhancing smoothing is a good option that smells ALOT like the KCKT) I agree with the person who said that it is easy to use this product wrong and end up running out really quickly. it really is a less is more product that should not necessarily be looked at as a leave-in conditioner.

rated 5 of 5 on 8/22/2011 7:42:00 PM More reviews by gingercurls

Age: 19-24 Skin: Normal, Fair, Cool Hair: Red, Curly, Medium Eyes: Brown

After trying the Kinky-Curly Curling Custard about a year ago, I decided to try this product recently. I love it! It is perfect to use underneath DevaCurl ArcAngell and detangles my hair and gives it extra hold as well. My hair is shiny without being greasy,having buildup, or being weighed down. In addition, I have no flakes at all and it smells great! One of the very nice aspects of this product is that it is organic and not tested on animals.

rated 5 of 5 on 8/19/2011 5:15:00 PM More reviews by klcarbaugh

Age: 19-24 Skin: Normal, Medium, Warm Hair: Blond, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Brown

Kinky Curly Knot Today detangles VERY well. I have wavy/straight hair that tangles easily and I use this to get tangles out in the shower with a comb. Seems moisturizing though I don't use it for that purpose (for that I use coconut oil because it's proven to penetrate and protect unlike most fancy products that aren't studied but go though a clinical trial that the company pays for...bla bla bla...).

The reason this product is great is because of the indredient behentrimonium Methosulfate. It's a chemical made from canola oil that works wonders to detangle and is 'natural' and very mild (no irritants, xenoestrogens, formaldehyde, parabens, etc.). I'm practicing making my own version of this without all the fancy extracts (that you can't absorb anyways) and without the not-so healthy preservatives that will cost me a LOT less.

It's expensive, but it works.

6 out of 6 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 on 7/3/2011 7:04:00 PM More reviews by mizmish

Age: 30-35 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Cool Hair: Brown, Curly, Medium Eyes: Blue

Kinky-Curly Knot Today is expensive and if you don't figure out how to use it right you'll go through it so fast that you'll be so mad about it you'll never buy it again (and probably give out some bad reviews about it too). My main use for it is as a rinse out conditioner and it detangles like nothing else I've tried. The trick is to shampoo or cowash your hair FIRST then use the KCKT. You'll use a lot less to do the same thing that way. It's not like a regular conditioner; it's a very slippery light gel like consistensy. After the KCKT I usually use a good quality deep conditioner/moisturizer (rinse out) on my hair and I don't need to use nearly as much as if I hadn't used the KCKT. Sometimes I'll put just a little bit as a final rinse(or leave-in) too after that just because I love how slippery it makes my hair while it's still wet. I don't trust it as much of a moisturizer or anything, but wow, it makes combing through wet hair soooo easy.

Other Points:
This is a Silicone-Free product. Products that have silicones usually require sudsy detergent shampoos so if you are on a low/no sudsing shampoo or cowash then you should generally avoid using products with silicones in them.) KCKT is the very best silicone-free detangler I've ever used. That said, if you use silicone products you'll likely not see the benefit of paying extra for the KCKT since products with higher silicone levels will likely have similar detangling power and for much less money.

Lovely smell but it's quite faint.

8 out of 8 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 7/2/2011 4:11:00 PM More reviews by armaclin041584

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Dark, Not Sure Hair: Black, Curly, Fine Eyes: Brown

This product was made for my hair!!! I have 4 a/b hair and after I finished rinsing my deep conditioner out of my hair, I will apply this to my hair and let it sit for a couple of minutes. After the couple of minutes have passed, my comb glides through my hair...no breakage, just pure slip and moisture. And the moisture last for days!! Which is great because that means I do not have to add any more of the product to my hair. All I have to do is add some water to re-set my curls. Love this stuff and I feel that the cost is right on point because of the high quality ingredients used and how well it works.

rated 4 of 5 on 6/28/2011 12:29:00 AM More reviews by Leslie617

Age: 25-29 Skin: Very Oily, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I too, keep running back to this product after wasting money on others. I have probably wasted, I don't even wanna so how much, looking for something to replace this.

The smell is tolerable, and this does not break me out. My only problem with this conditioner is that it DOES NOT instantly detangle MY HAIR. For a lot of other people it does.

When you first put it on, there is no slip. I don't dare try to comb right through my hair with this on it. However, if I leave it on, and finish my shower, by the end of my shower there is this slick feel, and I CAN comb through my hair. I keep wasting money, but this is the only silicone free conditioner that works for me. I think I'm going to go back, and stop wasting time and money searching for something else.

If you do not break out, Curl Junkie Olive and Argan Oil Beauticurls is AMAZING!

rated 5 of 5 on 6/11/2011 2:33:00 PM More reviews by kaisofine

With me growing out my perm this leave-in has really helped me with detangling my hair. I love it. I use it with my organic oil mixture and my tangle teezer.
Kinky curly makes a leave in for kids which is made with the same ingredients so I'm thinking about getting it next time.

rated 5 of 5 on 6/8/2011 2:33:00 PM More reviews by KateFesch

Age: 30-35 Skin: Acne-prone, Olive, Warm Hair: Brown, Curly, Medium Eyes: Brown

Excellent product! Very hydrating and it detangles like a dream. Works well as a leave-in, too. Scent is mild and very natural (orange oil).

rated 5 of 5 on 5/29/2011 11:08:00 PM More reviews by maneandchic

Age: 25-29 Skin: Normal, Tan, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

This stuff saved my hair. At a time when nothing else worked, this worked to detangle my tight curls and define them without frizz.