Kinky Curly Knot Today leave-in conditioner

4.1

organic Mango fruit extract, organic slippery elm, organic marshmallow root, organic lemongrass, cetyl alcohol, behentrimonium methosulfate, citric acid, phenoxyethanol and natural fragrance

on 3/28/2012 6:38:00 AM

Hair: Brunette, Curly, Other

I tried this for the first time yesterday and just--wow. I had walked into Ricky's needing something to calm my fine, colortreated, 3a/b hair, which had been washed and air-dried. Smoothed this in and--again, wow. All of a sudden I had shiny, smooth, soft compliant locks that I could twist and wave to my heart's content--I feel like a mermaid! Can't stop running my fingers through. Also helped detangle my daughter's fine, straight but very knot-prone hair, and gave i body. Love the retro packaging and that it doesn't have unpronounceable chemicals.
I can see how this might not be moisturizing enough for thicker, thirstier hair, but for people with my persnickety texture, which is dry but also easily weighed down, I am VERY impressed.

on 3/8/2012 9:55:00 PM

Skin: Combination, Dark, Cool

Hair: Black, Relaxed, Fine

I swore I'd never buy Kinky Curly. I felt that the prices were outrageous and they were taking advantage of the natural hair girls. BUT, I kept hearing about Knot Today being a great detangler. I was in a Target that it so I bought it. Let me just say that the bottle looks waaayyyy bigger on the internet! I used it on my daughter's mixed 3 and 4 hair and it was like magic! She has a lot of hair and is tender headed. This stuff just let the comb glide through like magic! I'm going to keep a bottle of this stuff just for her. I guess I'll do an update when I actually use it. But for the mommy's, I'd recommend you buy this for your kid. I wish they had this when I was a kid!

For my all type 4 hair, this works, but I have to use too much. I like it and I will buy again for my daughter, but this is too much money for my hair. I'd have to buy a bottle every month.

Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

I LOOOOOOOOVE this! This is GREAT with the Curling Custard. This gets my tangles out and has amazing slip. It's not too moisturizing, but it doesn't make me greasy, so I can use this as my conditioner wash. To make it more moisturizing for my hair, I add a few drops of argan oil. I haven't had such a great hair day in forever :)

EDIT- It's March, and I am still loving it. I have even stocked up with a second bottle! I changed my usage a bit, though. I don't conditioner wash anymore, but I use the Kinky-Curly Come Clean shampoo and add some coconut oilnto it to make it less stripping. I add a ton of this, detangle, then scrunch in some KCCC. :)

EDIT- It's May, and I haven't used this since mid April I found the Kinky-Curly line didn't work at all for my hair anymore. The shampoo was too drying, this didn't compensate for the lost moisture, and the custard made my hair crunchy. I gave it away to my friend, though, and she really likes it! I use Darcy's Botanicals now, which is a lot better if you want soft, bouncy curls :)

on 2/1/2012 10:40:00 PM

I have blonde, wavy, coarse, dry hair. My aunt uses this stuff like crazy because she has reallly curly hair... i had previsouly been using garnier conditioning cream, or it's a ten miracle leave in (which are both great). I know that kinky curly is geared more toward bi-racial, or ethnic hair. However, I figured I would give this stuff a try. I was a bit hesisant as I thought it would maybe weigh my hair down a little ( I am using it as a leave in). I WAS WRONG. It did not weigh it down a bit. It actually left my hair more flowy looking if that makes any sense. I like it though, the smell, and also it just glides right through your hair when applying. It's a little pricey at 12 dollars a bottle, but the ingredients in this stuff make me realize why, and I am willing to pay. I love that it's organic. Would def repurchase....

hint: Also try using as a rinse out conditioner, it gives great slip !

on 1/19/2012 10:17:00 AM

I use this after KC Tiny Twirls shampoo on my biracial daughter's moderately thick, very dry, 3C curls. I don't rinse it out, I work dime size amounts through it while it is still very damp to detangle with minimal pain and discomfort for my daughter. It's not a very heavy leave-in conditioner by any stretch and she needs product over it (usually KC Curling Custard) or her hair has lost it's defined curl pattern and is frizzing eight hours later but it works great in place of a rinse-out conditioner for my daughter.

on 10/14/2011 8:52:00 PM

Skin: Combination, Tan, Warm

Hair: Brunette, Curly, Medium

Best hair leave in ever! Amazing and perfect!

Deliciously fab! Besides smelling so good, it really is effective in eliminating frizz and adding moisture that does not weigh down my 3a hair type. It gives awesome slip which is exactly what I was looking for in retaining my long tresses. A dime size or less is all I need, and I am left with soft healthy looking waves/curls. For more definition and hold, I use this under Kinky Curly Curling Custard (also a dime size amount) for beachy curly hair that lasts all day here in humid FL. I have even used Knot Today by itself for a blowout. After letting my hair air dry (90%), I blow dry straight with my Raincry Professional Boar-Bristle Jumbo Spiral brush. It straightened fabulously and added shine unlike other products I have used for a blowout. I cannot be without this product!!

on 9/27/2011 7:50:00 PM

Skin: Combination, Medium Brown, Cool

Hair: Brown, Kinky, Coarse

I love this stuff, although I try not to use it as much as my other leave-ins since it's so friggin expensive. I just use it as a leave-in and put it in my hair in sections; I use the least amount possible this way while still getting good results.

on 9/19/2011 4:06:00 AM

Skin: Sensitive, Dark, Not Sure

Hair: Brunette, Kinky, Coarse

Definitely not sufficient as a leave-in conditioner, but as a detangler...my gosh this stuff is amazing. I'm a finger detangler and this makes my 4b hair infinitely more manageable. I usually divide my hair into 6 parts and use about a nickel sized amt on each section and then run my fingers through...with sheer ease. I then follow-up with something creamy (*the shea moisture curl enhancing smoothing is a good option that smells ALOT like the KCKT) I agree with the person who said that it is easy to use this product wrong and end up running out really quickly. it really is a less is more product that should not necessarily be looked at as a leave-in conditioner.

on 8/22/2011 7:42:00 PM

Skin: Normal, Fair, Cool

Hair: Red, Curly, Medium

After trying the Kinky-Curly Curling Custard about a year ago, I decided to try this product recently. I love it! It is perfect to use underneath DevaCurl ArcAngell and detangles my hair and gives it extra hold as well. My hair is shiny without being greasy,having buildup, or being weighed down. In addition, I have no flakes at all and it smells great! One of the very nice aspects of this product is that it is organic and not tested on animals.

Popular Hair Products