Kinky Curly Knot Today leave-in conditioner

4.2

organic Mango fruit extract, organic slippery elm, organic marshmallow root, organic lemongrass, cetyl alcohol, behentrimonium methosulfate, citric acid, phenoxyethanol and natural fragrance

on 2/1/2012 10:40:00 PM

I have blonde, wavy, coarse, dry hair. My aunt uses this stuff like crazy because she has reallly curly hair... i had previsouly been using garnier conditioning cream, or it's a ten miracle leave in (which are both great). I know that kinky curly is geared more toward bi-racial, or ethnic hair. However, I figured I would give this stuff a try. I was a bit hesisant as I thought it would maybe weigh my hair down a little ( I am using it as a leave in). I WAS WRONG. It did not weigh it down a bit. It actually left my hair more flowy looking if that makes any sense. I like it though, the smell, and also it just glides right through your hair when applying. It's a little pricey at 12 dollars a bottle, but the ingredients in this stuff make me realize why, and I am willing to pay. I love that it's organic. Would def repurchase....

hint: Also try using as a rinse out conditioner, it gives great slip !

on 1/19/2012 10:17:00 AM

I use this after KC Tiny Twirls shampoo on my biracial daughter's moderately thick, very dry, 3C curls. I don't rinse it out, I work dime size amounts through it while it is still very damp to detangle with minimal pain and discomfort for my daughter. It's not a very heavy leave-in conditioner by any stretch and she needs product over it (usually KC Curling Custard) or her hair has lost it's defined curl pattern and is frizzing eight hours later but it works great in place of a rinse-out conditioner for my daughter.

on 10/14/2011 8:52:00 PM

Skin: Combination, Tan, Warm

Hair: Brunette, Curly, Medium

Best hair leave in ever! Amazing and perfect!

Deliciously fab! Besides smelling so good, it really is effective in eliminating frizz and adding moisture that does not weigh down my 3a hair type. It gives awesome slip which is exactly what I was looking for in retaining my long tresses. A dime size or less is all I need, and I am left with soft healthy looking waves/curls. For more definition and hold, I use this under Kinky Curly Curling Custard (also a dime size amount) for beachy curly hair that lasts all day here in humid FL. I have even used Knot Today by itself for a blowout. After letting my hair air dry (90%), I blow dry straight with my Raincry Professional Boar-Bristle Jumbo Spiral brush. It straightened fabulously and added shine unlike other products I have used for a blowout. I cannot be without this product!!

on 9/27/2011 7:50:00 PM

Skin: Combination, Medium Brown, Cool

Hair: Brown, Kinky, Coarse

I love this stuff, although I try not to use it as much as my other leave-ins since it's so friggin expensive. I just use it as a leave-in and put it in my hair in sections; I use the least amount possible this way while still getting good results.

on 9/19/2011 4:06:00 AM

Skin: Sensitive, Dark, Not Sure

Hair: Brunette, Kinky, Coarse

Definitely not sufficient as a leave-in conditioner, but as a detangler...my gosh this stuff is amazing. I'm a finger detangler and this makes my 4b hair infinitely more manageable. I usually divide my hair into 6 parts and use about a nickel sized amt on each section and then run my fingers through...with sheer ease. I then follow-up with something creamy (*the shea moisture curl enhancing smoothing is a good option that smells ALOT like the KCKT) I agree with the person who said that it is easy to use this product wrong and end up running out really quickly. it really is a less is more product that should not necessarily be looked at as a leave-in conditioner.

on 8/22/2011 7:42:00 PM

Skin: Normal, Fair, Cool

Hair: Red, Curly, Medium

After trying the Kinky-Curly Curling Custard about a year ago, I decided to try this product recently. I love it! It is perfect to use underneath DevaCurl ArcAngell and detangles my hair and gives it extra hold as well. My hair is shiny without being greasy,having buildup, or being weighed down. In addition, I have no flakes at all and it smells great! One of the very nice aspects of this product is that it is organic and not tested on animals.

on 8/19/2011 5:15:00 PM

Skin: Normal, Medium, Warm

Kinky Curly Knot Today detangles VERY well. I have wavy/straight hair that tangles easily and I use this to get tangles out in the shower with a comb. Seems moisturizing though I don't use it for that purpose (for that I use coconut oil because it's proven to penetrate and protect unlike most fancy products that aren't studied but go though a clinical trial that the company pays for...bla bla bla...).

The reason this product is great is because of the indredient behentrimonium Methosulfate. It's a chemical made from canola oil that works wonders to detangle and is 'natural' and very mild (no irritants, xenoestrogens, formaldehyde, parabens, etc.). I'm practicing making my own version of this without all the fancy extracts (that you can't absorb anyways) and without the not-so healthy preservatives that will cost me a LOT less.

It's expensive, but it works.

on 7/3/2011 7:04:00 PM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Cool

Hair: Brown, Curly, Medium

Kinky-Curly Knot Today is expensive and if you don't figure out how to use it right you'll go through it so fast that you'll be so mad about it you'll never buy it again (and probably give out some bad reviews about it too). My main use for it is as a rinse out conditioner and it detangles like nothing else I've tried. The trick is to shampoo or cowash your hair FIRST then use the KCKT. You'll use a lot less to do the same thing that way. It's not like a regular conditioner; it's a very slippery light gel like consistensy. After the KCKT I usually use a good quality deep conditioner/moisturizer (rinse out) on my hair and I don't need to use nearly as much as if I hadn't used the KCKT. Sometimes I'll put just a little bit as a final rinse(or leave-in) too after that just because I love how slippery it makes my hair while it's still wet. I don't trust it as much of a moisturizer or anything, but wow, it makes combing through wet hair soooo easy.

Other Points:
This is a Silicone-Free product. Products that have silicones usually require sudsy detergent shampoos so if you are on a low/no sudsing shampoo or cowash then you should generally avoid using products with silicones in them.) KCKT is the very best silicone-free detangler I've ever used. That said, if you use silicone products you'll likely not see the benefit of paying extra for the KCKT since products with higher silicone levels will likely have similar detangling power and for much less money.

Lovely smell but it's quite faint.

Skin: Combination, Dark, Not Sure

Hair: Black, Curly, Fine

This product was made for my hair!!! I have 4 a/b hair and after I finished rinsing my deep conditioner out of my hair, I will apply this to my hair and let it sit for a couple of minutes. After the couple of minutes have passed, my comb glides through my hair...no breakage, just pure slip and moisture. And the moisture last for days!! Which is great because that means I do not have to add any more of the product to my hair. All I have to do is add some water to re-set my curls. Love this stuff and I feel that the cost is right on point because of the high quality ingredients used and how well it works.

Popular Hair Products