April 16, 2014 | 943 users online

Hair - Kinky Curly - Knot Today leave-in conditioner

rated 5 of 5 on 6/11/2011 2:33:00 PM More reviews by kaisofine

With me growing out my perm this leave-in has really helped me with detangling my hair. I love it. I use it with my organic oil mixture and my tangle teezer.
Kinky curly makes a leave in for kids which is made with the same ingredients so I'm thinking about getting it next time.

rated 5 of 5 on 6/8/2011 2:33:00 PM More reviews by KateFesch

Age: 30-35 Skin: Acne-prone, Olive, Warm Hair: Brown, Curly, Medium Eyes: Brown

Excellent product! Very hydrating and it detangles like a dream. Works well as a leave-in, too. Scent is mild and very natural (orange oil).

rated 5 of 5 on 5/29/2011 11:08:00 PM More reviews by maneandchic

Age: 25-29 Skin: Normal, Tan, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

This stuff saved my hair. At a time when nothing else worked, this worked to detangle my tight curls and define them without frizz.

rated 5 of 5 on 5/20/2011 7:36:00 PM More reviews by Sunnydelite62901

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Tan, Warm Hair: Brown, Straight, Other Eyes: Brown

I love this stuff! I have fine straight hair but it tangles sooo easily. Epically from the nape of my neck downward and I have long hair. I usually hate leave in conditioner but this is creamy and thick and sprays out easily and it has a nice smell. I plan to buy this for my cousin who has curly kinky hair as well.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 4/8/2011 9:47:00 AM More reviews by sarahlen

this stuff is kind of annoying in the sense that it works so well and I cannot figure out why! I have very damaged blonde hair which I highlight a few times a year, blow-dry regularly and flatiron/curl a couple times a week. to take care of it I use products with all the buzz word ingredients argan oil, olive oil, sulfate free, wheat protein, keratin, panthenol, biotin ect. and all of that does help but i notice a huge difference in the look of my hair when i use this and I can't figure out why because it doesn't feel like it has any slip or that it will moisturize or straighten or strengthen when u put it on and actually i hate the smell (smells like fruit but not in a way i like). However when my hair is dried it looks noticeably less puffy and damaged and i really notice the difference when i use my flatiron. If i just use my argan oil serum and my keratin spray it is not as soft or straight or healthy feeling/looking. I think what this does is provide a ton of slip without any grease. I think it does provide some weight which for me is good cuz my hair can get puffy and when im going for a straight tlook i want straight straight not voluminous straight. I don't think this could make your hair greasy if u tried though. Maybe u could get the same results from a more obvious product like a serum but u would also be a giant greasball

6 out of 6 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 4/6/2011 10:27:00 PM More reviews by StarsnRocketsES

When I first began using this product as a new transitioner it worked well; however, it does not seem to be as effective now- 9 months later. I also dislike the activator scent it has. It's also very oily/greasy.

rated 4 of 5 on 3/14/2011 1:00:00 PM More reviews by Eliana78

Age: 30-35 Skin: Acne-prone, Tan, Warm Hair: Black, Curly, Fine Eyes: Brown

I have 3b/3c S curl pattern hair. It's medium texture, very dense, high porosity, and is natually prone to dryness. I found this conditioner to have a lot of slip which made it an excellent detangler. I also found it to be very moisturizing. The smell is pleasant. The only thing I didn't like about this conditioner is that I find it to be overpriced. So for that reason this conditioner would never be a staple for me and luckily I've found better alternatives for my hair. But I do like it and I recommend it highly to people with very dry hair whether curly or not that do not mind paying the $$$. I like that it's made of all natural ingredients and doesn't leave a nasty film on the hair after it's rinsed. And even as a leave-in it makes the hair very soft and moveable. Overall I have to say this is an excellent product.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 3/5/2011 3:58:00 PM More reviews by gracie114

Age: 19-24 Skin: Normal, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Red, Curly, Fine Eyes: Blue

I follow the curly girl method for my hair and this is wonderful stuff. I use it as a leave-in. I rake it in, comb my hair with a wide tooth comb, and then apply products to my hair while it's still very wet. Beautiful results every time!

rated 4 of 5 on 2/15/2011 11:09:00 PM More reviews by Hoshisma

Age: 25-29 Skin: Sensitive, Dark, Cool Hair: Brown, Kinky, Fine Eyes: Brown

This conditioner is THE TRUTH for my hair. Wonderful scent, slip and softness. Despite the high price, I will be purchasing this again and again.

rated 5 of 5 on 2/14/2011 6:57:00 PM More reviews by sbarboza

Age: 36-43 Skin: Acne-prone, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Kinky, Coarse Eyes: Hazel

I use this leave in cream not really to detangle but to define my curls. It does that really really well! I'm not sure about the moisture aspect of this cream. I don't feel my hair is dry after using it, but then again I make it my business to moisturize twice a day and deep condition twice a week, so my hair is pretty well moisturized to begin with. My hair is usually very frizzy though and I'm always trying to coax that curl definition out of the frizz - well this leave in does that beautifully.The fragrance is light and fruity and the cream itself is very light - not heavy at all. I'd recommend this product to any curly haired girl with kinky hair (like mine) or otherwise.