September 20, 2014 | 1779 users online

Lipstick - Revlon - Matte Lipstick Really Red [DISCONTINUED]

This product has been discontinued

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 12/30/2012 6:41:00 PM More reviews by fergiefergie

Read the reviews for this and it sounded like a red lippie I didn't have and wanted to add to my collection -- retro, matte without being dry, and leaning just a touch on the warm side of red without being too tomato-red / red-orange or too bright. Really Red is just the ticket. Thank you, Makeupalley Ladies, for turning me on to this little gem. I am definitely cool-complected -- ash brown hair, dark brown eyes, and very fair skin with lots of visible pink in it. Already have a number of true-red and cool-red lipsticks and glosses. The real-deal retro reds of yesteryear were indeed a tomato red-orange. Not a good look for me at all. Really Red is just warm enough for that true retro look, yet still close enough to being a neutral red so that literally everyone can successfully wear it. A couple reviews said this is a dupe for MAC's Ruby Woo, which I own. No way, no how. Not even close. Ruby Woo is a very cool-toned pink-based red and is bright. As for Revlon's Really Red, this is a lippie I plan to always have in my collection. It's a keeper. Thanks again, Ladies.

5 out of 5 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 12/30/2012 1:41:00 AM More reviews by CG1981

This purchase was purely bc of makeupalley reviews. It did not disappoint.
    I have roughly 10 red lipsticks and yet i rarely wear em (ha). I think i like the idea of them or the 'perfect red lip'. This is def the closest i have gotten to it. Its a matte formula and if applied lightly can be worn as an everyday color. Great red color.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 12/30/2012 1:20:00 AM More reviews by kyl77

Age: 30-35 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Red, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Green

Beautiful matte red lipstick. The color isn't too blue or too orange. I can see this lipstick working on a lot of different skintones. The formula feels comfortable on my lips. And it's affordable too!

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 12/23/2012 9:52:00 AM More reviews by NYCBeauty99

First of all, I don't wear red lipstick that often. However, for my wedding, I decided on red lips. I wasn't into HE lipsticks at the time, so I went to the drugstore. I had it narrowed down to this, Fire and Ice, and Maybelline's Red Revival for my big day. I eventually settled on Fire and Ice with no regrets. Fire and Ice is a lot brighter and looked great in photos.

Moving on to this lipstick. It's really great. It's a beautiful red that is slightly warm without looking orange at all. I wears very well and feels comfortable on the lips. I disagree that this is a dupe for Ruby Woo. I tried Ruby Woo (that is originally what I was planning to wear on my wedding day) and it always looked pink on me. Really Red does not look even slightly pink on me. This also feels a lot more comfortable on the lips than Ruby Woo. Ruby Woo was crazy dry.

rated 3 of 5 on 12/15/2012 9:52:00 PM More reviews by vgirlygirl

Age: 30-35 Skin: Oily, Olive, Warm Hair: Blond, Wavy, Other Eyes: Green

I really hate to bring down the ratings on this product, but this was not a good color for me. I love red lipsticks and have several, but they are all blue undertones. This red looked completely red-orange on me, and I don't like that look. I was looking for another blue-based red and this didn't work. For reference, I'm warm toned, yellow undertones, NC25-35.

rated 4 of 5 on 12/15/2012 1:28:00 PM More reviews by crobertson01

Age: 19-24 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Curly, Fine Eyes: Green

This is the first red lipstick I've ever bought, and I think I was lucky, because it's a pretty good one. It's a very true, bright red. If you've never worn red lipstick before, it'll take you a while to get used to it, but just keep looking at yourself in the mirror and you'll like it eventually. It has a pretty good staying power--I'd say two hours. The only negative thing I have to say about it is that it tends to dry in the cracks of your lips. You might try wearing it on top of a moisturizer.

rated 4 of 5 on 12/14/2012 12:44:00 AM More reviews by hanawaz

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Tan, Warm Hair: Black, Curly, Medium Eyes: Black

I received lotsa of compliment when i wore this to a wedding ceremony! They said, "WOW your lips are SO RED!" It just brightens my whole face. The shade is just right for Asian women. Colour totally stays even after food and drinks. No feathering or smudging. I'll usually put first layer over Revlon's lipliner, pat using tissue and apply another thin layer.
    Worth the money, i guess works better than other pricey brands :) LOVE THIS!!

rated 5 of 5 on 12/11/2012 8:18:00 AM More reviews by kandymonsta

I was on the hunt for the perfect matte red lipstick and I've certainly found it. It is so amazingly velvety without being drying. A true classic red that would flatter a number of different skin tones.
    I highly recommend this lipstick!

rated 5 of 5 on 12/3/2012 12:45:00 AM More reviews by chai24

Age: 30-35 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Warm Hair: Black, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Black

I'm lemming for MAC Ruby Woo, I just go around and look for a cheaper alternative and this is it. Matte deep red. Love it. Classic look that never go out of style.

rated 5 of 5 on 11/19/2012 4:27:00 PM More reviews by Ehrial

Age: 19-24 Skin: Sensitive, Dark, Warm Hair: Black, Straight, Fine Eyes: Brown

I LOVE this red. I never thought I could pull off a red like this and turns out that I can! It looks great applied straight out of the tube and evened out with your finger. I happen to be wearing this colour the day/moment I got engaged so maybe I'm a little biased but it's a beautiful shade of red and so many wonderful memories will always be attached to this lipstick. (And of course I will be wearing another beautiful shade of Revlon on my wedding day).