September 21, 2014 | 1150 users online

Powder - Christian Dior - Diorskin Nude Fresh Glow Makeup

rated 5 of 5 on 3/26/2009 3:06:00 PM More reviews by slickchick5

Age: 19-24 Skin: Normal, Tan, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

This is my third foundation that I've tried. When I started out with makeup at 15 years old, I used the clinique powder (stay-matte, sheer pressed powder in stay honey). I thought this was the best, since I wasn't exposed to anything else. Next came my lover, bare minerals. I don't have much to cover on my skin, except a bit of darkness under the eyes. But I loved how natural the bare minerals line made my skin look. I have been using it for 2 years. Now, at 18 years old, I have found my HG foundation that surpasses them all! Dior nude skin mineral makeup indeed makes it look like I have woken up with beautiful, even bright skin. Their color selection is amazing. I have been using medium tan in the bare minerals line, and I thought I was always on the dark side of tan. Dior proved it wrong. The rep at the makeup counter matched me with the shade in 030, which is a few shades lighter than the medium tan. It's a perfect match for me. As for applying the Dior nude skin mineral foundation, it feels as if you're putting mineral water on your face....yes, it feels wet when u put it on. The results is a beautiful, flawless face with a natural dewy look. It lasts me all day, from 9am to 12am...it's a beauty wonder. It is on the expensive side but it's worth paying those extra $20.

rated 5 of 5 on 3/20/2009 6:06:00 PM More reviews by lisaza

I live in Fiji and is near impossible to find good make-up and even harder to find it in the right shade. Well low and behold I found this Dior powder yesterday and I absolutely love it. I have fair skin with a yellowish undertone and the color 20 is great for me. My pores look much smaller, it evens out my skintone beautifully and feels so light like I have nothing on. I use a small eyeshadow brush to get into the corners of my eyes as I have distinct dark circles and it really brightens up my eye area without looking cakey or chalky. I will def repurchase...if they have it!!

rated 4 of 5 on 3/9/2009 5:57:00 PM More reviews by feli17th

This is my first foundation and I am loving it! I love that it gives me a very natural look without feeling like I have anything on. The coverage is sheer and as the day progresses, it gives me a nicer and nicer glow. However, something minor I notice is towards the end of the day, the lower part of my face near the chin itches slightly, I am not sure why.

rated 4 of 5 on 3/6/2009 8:37:00 PM More reviews by susiesephora

Age: 25-29 Skin: Very Dry, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

I normally am not one to wear a mineral based powder makeup. I'm super dry, so I prefer a liquid foundation. BUT this morning I was pleasantly surprised! I tried the lightest shade (porcelain) on top of Korres wild rose shade 1. I was slightly annoyed that the lid is too small to hold a puffy brush. I had to tap out the powder into a separate dish. Also, I really wish all loose powders had a close top sifter. It makes it so much and less messy! The powders are a little on the yellow side. The color was good for me ( NW20) but for you lighter gals, the powder might be too dark. The liquid version does have a few lighter shades with a good range of tonal families. Dior usually is good about this.
The application was smooth, It did not look powdery on the skin. It does have that mica type luminosity. So, if you want something that is completely matte, this is not for you. I am impressed with the staying power. So far it has lasted for 7 hours with out a touch up.

rated 3 of 5 on 2/13/2009 1:23:00 PM More reviews by slb74

Age: 30-35 Skin: Oily, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

For all you gals that can wear this alone - you must have some nice skin. For me, it does not provide that great of coverage, compared to Bare Minerals. I've been wearing this for about a week now, some days with primer, some days without, but not yet with foundation under it. It feels great going on - that hydrating effect is really nice, but by lunchtime, I have to reapply. I'm giving this three lippies for now, but I'll try it with foundation under and update after. I will say that my pores do look smaller with this than with Bare Minerals...so that's a plus!

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 2/2/2009 12:48:00 PM More reviews by nettimacs

Age: 25-29 Skin: Dry, Tan, Neutral Hair: Brown, Straight, Medium Eyes: Blue

i've never thought that anything can beat my powder, but it did!! i am so glad that i bought thid powder. i have very dry skin, and after a while even the best hydrating foundations will make me feel uncomfortable a bit but this doesn't. the colour is perfect, the coverage is sooo natural.. i am using it alone not together with a foundation ot tm, but i think if you are going for natural looking make up it will do its job amazingly. absolutely gougeous stuff, definately will buy it again!!!!!!!
update: surprisingly i hit pan very quickly though i am not using too much of it.. have doubts that this is the best option.... will think about repurchasing..

rated 4 of 5 on 1/21/2009 5:17:00 PM More reviews by dollchild

Age: 30-35 Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

When I was lusting over Smashbox's new Halo powder recently, THIS is the stuff I was really looking for. This goes on cool. I can actually feel the moisture in the powder! There are 4x as many shades to choose from (whereas Halo only has four -- boo!), and I'm looking glowy here at the end of the work day. Your skin is supposed to become better and more hydrated (even without the foundation) the more you use it. I'll letcha know! The Halo, however, is headed back to Sephora, STAT! Maybe if Smashbox offered a shade between Casper ("Fair") and The Simpsons (a very yellowish "Light"), I might have kept it! (though I never really got the glowy look from that one). Give this powder foundation a chance. I might try the liquid version of it next.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 1/15/2009 12:39:00 PM More reviews by Hayne

Age: 36-43 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Cool Hair: Blond, Curly, Medium Eyes: Green

I was so excited to try this. The name itself made me think I would like it. I was very disappointed. This was not natural looking to me at all. It is more matt and you could see that I had on makeup. I used my faithfull MAC 187 brush and tried with and without primer. I just looked dry. There was no glow. Now, the color selection is great. That is why I hate not liking it. Oh,well. My favorite is the Diorskin Pure lights. To me that is nude looking.
EDIT: 12-30-11
I tried mixed with the Total primer sold at NM for 140.00. It was beautiful. I use the 023 shade and mix primer and use my MAC 187 brush to buff it in. It is a expensive combination- but great especially in the summer months.