April 24, 2014 | 1880 users online

Makeup Brushes - E.L.F. - Studio Powder Brush

• Price: $

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 12/30/2013 6:24:00 AM More reviews by AzurLove

Age: 19-24 Skin: Oily, Dark, Not Sure Hair: Black, Wavy, Coarse Eyes: Brown

This is by far my favorite brush for applying liquid foundation. It very soft to the touch, and the flat top helps blend the foundation evenly, giving a flawless finish. I'm so impressed with the quality of ELF brushes. It shows that you don't need to spend a ton of money to get high quality brushes. I own at least 15 different ELF brushes, and they are all fantastic and very affordable. I would highly recommend this brush. At only $3, it's a steal!

rated 3 of 5 on 12/24/2013 4:52:00 PM More reviews by monica3210

When I got it and used it a couple times, the handle fell off. I put it back on with super glue. when putting this in my powder I realized the brush wasn't straight/even. there was areas that did not have any powder on it. these areas had shorter hairs than the parts that had longer hairs. This bugged me because I'm pretty sure its supposed to be even. I don't think this brush was all that great but not completely bad. Even though it wasn't even it still put powder on well.

rated 5 of 5 on 12/24/2013 4:00:00 AM More reviews by gen666

$3 brush that works great. Have used it to set powder and did the job nicely. No complaints, and the brush is still in good condition afters months of purchasing. Recommend! Especially if you're on a budget.

rated 3 of 5 on 12/23/2013 10:41:00 PM More reviews by Laoshu

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

I had this brush for 2 months before it completely collapsed. For the price, it doesn't seem like such a big deal to just keep buying and rebuying it, but I don't see why anyone would do so when they could save up and get a better brush for $20 that they won't have to replace for years, assuming proper care. The brush is just average--not necessarily bad, but more like something I would use as backup or use in the meantime if I lost a brush or something and was saving up to replace it. It's standard. I'm confused as to why people call this their "HG" brush--I think that's a bit of an exaggeration.

rated 4 of 5 on 12/20/2013 9:13:00 PM More reviews by thelmasarahi

I love this brush as a foundation brush. It really does the job and makes my skin look so flawless. But there is a down side. As i was washing my brush there was a lot of fallout of the hair. I expected a few to fall out but there was so much that came out it was crazy. Also i could basically grab all the hair and pull it out. But nevertheless it is really affordable so buying another shouldn't be a problem.

rated 5 of 5 on 12/20/2013 8:58:00 PM More reviews by sakura14

Finally a cheap yet excellent powder blush. This is durable and soft but cannot be easily stored in your makeup bag.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 12/14/2013 12:49:00 AM More reviews by kirito

I really like this brush for my setting powder! It's super soft and can get into areas such as around my nose well. The price is unbeatable at $3! I would highly recommend this brush for any kind of powder, even blush and bronzer!

rated 5 of 5 on 12/11/2013 12:49:00 AM More reviews by Madisonmiller1991

Age: 19-24 Skin: Normal, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

Great brush for foundation, powder, anything! No shedding, the bristles do not break off or become matted. Love this brush!

rated 3 of 5 on 12/10/2013 1:46:00 PM More reviews by lena2128

Age: 36-43 Skin: Normal, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Straight, Fine Eyes: Blue

It's a good brush for applying liquid foundation,however the handle separated almost as soon as I purchased it. This is major reason I wouldn't repurchase.

rated 1 of 5 top reviewer on 12/9/2013 11:13:00 PM More reviews by hayleyelwick

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Warm Hair: Blond, Straight, Medium Eyes: Green

No matter how many people love this brush, no matter how many rave reviews it gets on MUA, no matter how many YT guru's recommend it
I WILL STILL HATE THIS BRUSH WITH THE FIRE OF ONE THOUSAND SUNS, AND I'M NOT GOING TO PRETEND LIKE I DON'T.

This is why:
I have bought 4 different brushes like this, because everytime I purchased it, I though "I must have gotten a bad brush, everyone loves it, so I must have just gotten a dud"
WRONG.
All of the brushes I purchased were very consistent, which is a good thing I suppose, if you like it, but I don't. I seriously couldn't hate this brush more.

*Bristles are not very dense, which causes the coverage to not be that great.
*The bristles are actually not all that soft.
*THE HANDLE ALWAYS BREAKS LIKE WHAT THE FIDDLE DIDDLE IS THIS. I go to extreme measures to make sure my brushes are well taken care of. Keep in mind, I am only a teen, so none of my brushes are expensive at all, but I still invest money in them, so I take very good care of them. I am extremely cautious not to get any water in the brush, I wash and dry them tilted down, and put brush covers over them while they're drying. BUT THESE CRAZY BOGUS BRUSHES BREAK IN HALF EVERY SINGLE TIME NO MATTER WHAT I DO.
*I have to clean these brushes more frequently than all of my other ones-it's like they absorb the product or something, which synthetic brushes aren't supposed to do.
*The hairs are very widespread, and I feel like that not only takes away from the coverage, but makes it more difficult to apply as well.

I have tried and tried to love this brush. I have applied every makeup product under the sun to try to find something it would work with, but alas, I still loathe it.

Some alternatives to this brush that I would recommend are of course anything from Sigma, but those crazy sons of nuggets over there have been raising the prices like mad! I'm pretty sure that's the work of the Devil though, like relax Satan. Just because your brushes are good doesn't mean we're going to offer you our limbs. (Get it?.....an arm and a leg.....? I should stop)

Anyways, I have gotten some awesome Sigma dupes on Ebay and they work like a charm, I highly recommend you look on there. I got a pack of 10 for about $20. Also Real Techniques has some great brushes that are relatively inexpensive, so those are some of my favorite alternatives,

Overall, is this brush okay for $3? Sure. Would I repurchase? Well I DID repurchase three times already, but I definitely wouldn't again. It's not a great brush, and throwing it away never fails to bring joy to my heart. :)

I seriously hate this brush.