July 23, 2014 | 1212 users online

Lipstick - Revlon - Matte lipstick in Mauve It Over

rated 5 of 5 on 4/6/2012 12:06:00 PM More reviews by SarahOliver

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Straight, Medium Eyes: Green

oooh I love this colour! this is the first matte lipstick Ive ever bought and got it based on a review! So glad I did, although its a bit strange that it has no shine atall which is what im used to, it is such a great change and give a totally different look, great if you want to play up the eyes on an evening out and just give the lips some definition without drawing attention away from the eyes!

rated 5 of 5 on 3/1/2012 4:17:00 PM More reviews by elfodimontagna

NOt drying, very pigmented and super cool packaging! Revlon lipsticks are really good :)
I found that is a perfect dupe for Revlon Colorburst's "Blush" that has been discontinued and a lot of people liked it so....no problems anymore.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 2/5/2012 6:32:00 AM More reviews by aznmnkygrl808

Age: 19-24 Skin: Oily, Medium, Warm Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

Gorgeous color!!! On my lips, it's a natural, warm peachy-pink nude. Because it is a matte lipstick, texture is a bit drying. If I could find a moisturizing dupe, that would be awesome. So far this is an everyday color for me. Def would repurchase because of that reason

rated 3 of 5 on 2/1/2012 8:50:00 AM More reviews by Caryn1477

Age: 30-35 Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Hazel

When I read all the reviews on this, I ran out and picked it up. I'm always looking for the perfect "natural" looking, every day color that's not to peachy, but not to pink. I like the color, but it is definitely matte. It's a little too drying on me. With a coat of gloss on top it's fine, but I was kind of looking for a "color and shine in one" solution. I will probably try to find a similar color in a gloss or creme.

rated 4 of 5 on 1/26/2012 4:26:00 PM More reviews by littlewhisspers

I bought this lipstick because I was trying to find a nude for graduation. I found it extremely difficult to find a nude for me because I'm not into colors that are lighter than my natural lip color. I searched a ton of nudes on the internet and decided to purchase this lipstick because of Heart on youtube (ThatsHeart). I think it's a perfect nude for me because it doesn't totally wash me out. If you're hesitant about nudes and are trying to find one that doesn't wash you out and has a hint of pink, get this one!

rated 2 of 5 on 1/24/2012 4:32:00 AM More reviews by jj192

Age: 30-35 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Hazel

I'm afraid I don't understand the hype around this lipstick. It's a lot darker and more brown-based than I thought it would be. I really wanted to like it but the colour just doesn't suit me at all.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 1/22/2012 4:33:00 AM More reviews by Nuppu

Age: 36-43 Skin: Combination, Fair, Cool Hair: Black, Curly, Other Eyes: Black

I love Revlon mattes in general. This is not my favourite of them, but it has enough pigment so I don`t look washed out like with Pink Pout (Mac Lady Gaga pale). I top it with BM Buxom Dolly which on it`s own goes almost clear, dare I say MLBB. 4 lippies for this, 1 for Pink Pout and 5 for the best most weared and wearable colours: Pink About it, Strawberry Suede (THE BEST& back-upped), Fabulous Fig and Really Red.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 1/22/2012 3:11:00 AM More reviews by leung

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Other, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Black

What great value for money! The colour is so wearable and goes with any makeup I wear. I could use it everyday. Its non drying and I am pretty pleased with the price! Definitely a win!

rated 1 of 5 top reviewer on 1/15/2012 7:15:00 PM More reviews by NerdyLibrarianGirl

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Fair, Cool Hair: Black, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Hazel

I am a big Revlon lipstick fan, but the matte lipstick is a miss for me. I tried it in 003 "Mauve it Over"' which is a great colour, but man, they are not kidding when they say matte! This lipstick is way too drying for me! It sucked all moisture out of my lips and left them chapped, flakey, and irritated. Not for me!

rated 5 of 5 on 1/15/2012 10:55:00 AM More reviews by ankhgrl49

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Fair, Cool Hair: Brown, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Brown

On turning 30 I noticed that more and more I was moving away from gloss and was more into lipstick. I just feel like it is more flattering and less high maintenance than gloss. Of all of the lipsticks that i have tried this one is my holy grail every day one, the one that goes on easily, feels good, stays put, goes with everything and gives me a great natural MLBB look. Wearing it makes my lips look full and healthy and it gives me a very polished and pretty look. I am very fair (NW15) and worried at first that it might be too orange on me, but honestly it's a great pinky-brown. I will say that this could turn orange on some ladies; you can't be sure until you try it on, but luckily many stores have great return policies, so you're not risking too much. Price is good, packaging is attractive and simple. It can be drying, which is why I make sure to swipe on some balm first, once I do that I'm good to go. Wear time is fantastic in my opinion, I get a good 5 hours out of it. Just a great product that gives a wonderful sophisticated look that I adore. I actually bought a back up.