September 16, 2014 | 1990 users online

Concealers - Almay - Amazing Lasting [DISCONTINUED]

This product has been discontinued

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 7/20/2005 12:54:00 PM More reviews by jiney17

I was finally able to score one of these babies at a local Rite Aid. However, the color (Light/Pale I think) is definitely too light for me. I think I'll try this again in a deeper/warmer color if I can find it. Anyway, this comes in a tube with a wand style doefoot applicator (FYI: the packaging looks very, very similar to their Clear Complexion Blemish-Healing Spot Concealer in case you're looking for this). It was average DG price for a concealer (7-8 USD). It's quite light, non-greasy but not as creamy as I'd like for an undereye product--though perhaps this is what makes it "lasting" and I suppose one could just use a bit more eye cream pre-application. Definitely not very easy to blend evenly without moisturizing the area first. Dried quickly. Did not cake up or settle into fine lines (though I don't apply anywhere near mine--just in the inner corners near the bridge of my nose and along the edge of the light shadows beneath my eyes). It's best to use a tiny bit at a time and build up coverage for the most natural finish. I like the packaging, though I use my fingers rather than the applicator to apply. And, drumroll please...it did last all day on combo/oily me despite the hot, humid weather. Ehgggg-zellent...Now have to track this down (for some reason, very hard to find in local DGs) in a better color for me.

ETA: FINALLY found a medium shade and it works great on me. It's actually not that medium-y at all (pretty close to L'Oreal True Match concealer in n3-4). More of a yellowish tone, but fairly neutral. Weird texture--kinda watery, but it blends easily and actually stays on (unlike the True Match). This is the type of concealer that should be built up in thin layers--apply a dot with finger and tap gently until it disappears. Apply more layers as needed. Might be a little too peachy for some, so buy this at a store with a flexible return policy. continued >>

rated 5 of 5 on 7/17/2005 8:52:00 PM More reviews by kashmir0_2

Age: 36-43 Skin: Acne-prone, Other, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Green

The best stays with out creasing

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 7/17/2005 11:10:00 AM More reviews by preppymrazlover

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Oily, Other, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

Almay barely ever impresses me, so that's why I was hesitant to get this product. It actually works pretty good. The shades are VERY light, so I had to get the next to darkest one. Not very good color selection.It lasts a pretty long time. This is the first *really* good concealer I've tried. If your'e looking for a cheap, long lasting concealer, this is it.

rated 5 of 5 on 6/21/2005 10:53:00 AM More reviews by BethP781

My HG concealer!!!! Almost every time I need more concealer, I buy a different brand just to try it out. And like clockwork, I ALWAYS hate the concealer and hunt down the tried and true Almay Amazing Lasting concealer. I have only found it at Target, because for some reason, the drugstores around me don't carry it. I blend it in with my finger, and this has worked better than any sponge/brush.

There's not much else I can say about it, except that Medium is my EXACT shade. I'll try to resist not experimenting with new concealers again!

rated 5 of 5 on 6/2/2005 12:43:00 AM More reviews by frozen_rain

FINALLY...a GREAT concealer--good consistency, lasts all day, covers up red blemishes and dark circles. Will repurchase!!!

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 6/1/2005 5:07:00 PM More reviews by TaraJean75

THis is a good Drugstore find for a concealer. You apply it and it doesn't budge. I wish it covered my dark circles better but I haven't found one that truly has yet either.

rated 2 of 5 top reviewer on 5/17/2005 7:19:00 PM More reviews by Splee

Age: 19-24 Skin: Very Oily, Fair, Cool Hair: Brown, Wavy, Coarse Eyes: Green

This concealer is extremely runny, though it does provide medium at best coverage to problem areas. What irks me the most about this concealer is that the lightest shade, Light, shows up one step down from pumpkin orange on my skin if I forget to blend with fervor. There have been times wearing Amazing Lasting that I have caught a glimpse in the mirror and was horrified to find orange circles on my face. I prefer my Jane No Show concealer to Amazing Lasting. This does not work particularly well as an eye base either; four hours at the most without creasing. Pass!

rated 5 of 5 on 4/24/2005 10:31:00 AM More reviews by kristylynn0530

I love this concealer!! I even like it better than MAC. It is on the acne detective list as being okay to use and it has not made my very acne prone skin break out at all. It doesn't require any fancy tools to apply just your finger tip and can be layered and still look natural. It covers my red acne scars nicely as well as my under eye circles! I do use olay regenerist eye serum first before appling it to the circles. I am a LLL or MAC NC 25-30 and can use medium or light. Although this concealor does run on the lighter side and with a little sun on my face already the medium is the better match now. I highly recommend this product, good price, no break outs, waterproof and lasts for me all day!! :)

rated 3 of 5 on 3/28/2005 4:20:00 PM More reviews by cheesysmookums

I've been searching for the best concealer for my horrid undereye circles. Almay Amazing Lasting doesn't really last all day for me. It lasts better than my Maybelline coverstick. The coverage was ok. It covered a bit but not as much as I wanted it to. Probably won't buy it again.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 3/13/2005 6:08:00 PM More reviews by RucaRita

The good thing about this concealer is that the color and coverage are perfect for under my eyes. Often under-eye concealer is too yellow, too white, and/or too cakey. This is pretty much perfect. It's not thick enough for blemishes, but it's good for red patches or uneven skin tone. It's also not that expensive and lasts a long time.