August 20, 2014 | 2109 users online

Mascara - Max Factor - 2000 Calorie Extreme Lash Plumper [DISCONTINUED]

image 0image 1image 2

This product has been discontinued

rated 4 of 5 on 5/13/2009 9:13:00 PM More reviews by TahneeT

Age: 36-43 Skin: Combination, Fair, Warm Hair: Blond, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Hazel

I had been using this as my every-day mascara, and boy, was I using it allllllllllll sorts of wrong. Applying 1/2 coats and being fairly unimpressed (exception: there is never any flaking, which I was highly impressed with.) So today I was reading reviews about MF False Lash Effect and read someone's technique for that particular mascara and decided to try it with 2000 Calorie Extreme Lash Plumper. All I can say is WOW!

I would categorize this mascara up there with DiorShow. IMO and experience obviously not a one-coat mascara, you have to work it, but working it is worth it. Today I applied approximately 4 coats, combing between 2 and 3 with a 1-hr dry time. Very tacky til completely dry. Very very dense black.

I do find the handle rather cumbersome. Not sure if it's the formula / brush combo that makes it great, but tempted to try it with another style brush... will update if I decide to try another.

rated 5 of 5 on 5/12/2009 5:12:00 PM More reviews by foreverr27

Age: 19-24 Skin: Very Oily, Tan, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Other

i just picked this up from ulta...i really like it! it spearates my lashes and makes them super long...my lashes are already long but they go straight down and theyre so thing they cross together. but this makes them perfect..love it!

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 5/10/2009 5:09:00 PM More reviews by hotAsFiya

Age: 30-35 Skin: Oily, Dark, Warm Hair: Brunette, Curly, Coarse Eyes: Brown

I should change my name to mascaraho. Anyway. I've had this mascara on my list for quite a while but I just couldn't find myself spending $10.00 on a d/s mascara. Luckly, I scored this in a swap. I have to say this again and again but whats with cosmetic companies and the big brush thing? Does a big fat brush necessarily mean big fat lashes? NOPE. This mascara is identical in formula and feel to the regular 2000 calorie. The only thing I give this is that it does separate more because of the bristles in the brush. That alone is not enough for me to want to spend an extra 5 bux on this versus the regular 2000 calorie to be honest.
    EDIT: Adding 1 more lippie because I found that it is a tad darker than the regular 2000 calorie AND it holds a curl real tight.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 5/8/2009 5:35:00 PM More reviews by Maliktai

Age: 56 & Over Skin: Combination, Other, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I have lots of mascaras in my organizer: Tarte, YSL, Too Faced and Lancome; this one happens to be my favorite.

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 5/7/2009 10:37:00 PM More reviews by missvox2

Age: 36-43 Skin: Combination, Medium, Warm Hair: Brunette, Straight, Other Eyes: Brown

This is a Lashblash wannabe, I must of use 4-5 coats to builder any volume, it didn't hold my curl but straightened it instead. I will stikc with my regular 2000 Calorie which I only need 2 coats.

rated 3 of 5 on 5/4/2009 10:26:00 PM More reviews by jillbanks

Age: 30-35 Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Green

I am a big fan of the original 2000 calorie so I thought this could be bigger and better. I was wrong. I like the old stuff better. This wand just does not work for me. My lashes are SO much longer and thicker with the original 2000 cal. Everybody has different lashes and preferences. This just did not work on me. I tried it several times and each time I just felt disappointed. The brush makes it really hard to me to do the inner and outer corners of my eyelashes, which are the most important on me. The end of the brush is too big and does not allow me to get the look I desire. I wish I didn't waste 10 bucks on this stuff. Oh well... it's not the first time and won't be the last!

rated 5 of 5 on 5/2/2009 6:39:00 PM More reviews by yolanda6

Loved it. It really does what it says and is comparable to a lot of the high end brands.

rated 5 of 5 on 5/1/2009 10:14:00 AM More reviews by Kristineth

I am a bzzzz agent and received this product to review and spread the word about. There are so many mascaras on the market, so honestly, if I hadn't have received it for free, I'm not sure if I would have ever noticed it or purchased it....but, now that I have tried it, I will definitely buy it again!!! This masacara makes my lashes so full and it makes my eyes pop. The first time I used it, I had compliments from some of my co-workers. It is much better than some of the high end mascaras I have purchased in the past!!! I definitely recommend this product!

rated 5 of 5 on 4/30/2009 11:13:00 PM More reviews by imsomelicious

Out of the 20 mascaras I own, high end and low end, this is my HG. I LOVE this mascara. The original 2000 calorie mascara did nothing whatsoever for my lashes. I bought this one at Harmon for about $7. It separates, lifts & volumizes my lashes. I reach for this everyday because my other mascaras don't live up to it and I will definitely repurchase.

rated 3 of 5 on 4/24/2009 12:28:00 PM More reviews by shellymac

Age: 44-55 Skin: Other, Other, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

It was ok - but regular MF 2000 is better. Don't mess with the original!