Cover Girl Simply Ageless

3.5

Active Ingredients: Titanium Dioxide (4.9%) Inactive Ingredients: Water, Cyclopentasiloxane, Talc, Butylene Glycol, Niacinamide, Euphorbia Cerifera Wax (Candelilla), Isotridecyl Isononanoate, Ozokerite, Acetyl Glucosamine, Silica, PEG 9 Polydimethylsiloxyethyl Dimethicone, Sorbitan Isostearate, Tocopheryl Acetate, Dimethicone, Methicone, Panthenol, Methylparaben, Propylparaben, Disodium EDTA, Disodium Stearoyl Glutamate, Stearic Acid, Dimethicone/Methicone Copolymer, Aluminum Hydroxide, May Contain: Iron Oxides, May Contain: Titanium Dioxide

on 4/3/2012 1:51:00 AM

If you can find the right shade in this foundation, it is pretty decent. My skin is on the pale side, but I went with 210 classic ivory because the palest shade was way too light the first time I bought the product.

I used to use covergirl advanced radiance (that used to be in a similar container like aquasmooth only silver) and switched over to this when they stopped making that version of the wet to dry compact foundation.

If you have dark circles you'll need a little more coverage then this offers. I usually go over trouble spots with a more concentrated concealer then blend in with my foundation. it does seem to cover light to medium redness and still sets pretty decent with a light finishing powder.

on 3/1/2012 3:34:00 PM

This foundation actually does what it says it will do: NOT settle into fine lines and wrinkes. It didn't settle into my pores either. I am really suprized and impressed. I used by beloved Estee Lauder Lucidity powder over it, and I asked people what they thought. They told me they thought my skin looked great, and it does. It has much less lines and wrinkles than with other foundations, and does not make my pores look big like other foundations. The only thing is I think I bought a shade a teensy bit dark so I will use very pale powder over it. I just wish you could try out the foundation before hand, to get the best shade. Other than that, I really like this stuff and also it has spf 22 in it. If I have problems I will update but so far, this is one of the best foundations I have tried.

Update: I have been using this for about a month or two. It has not clogged my pores or caused problems. I have switched to applying it with my fingers and I'm generally afraid of those sponges as I feel they can collect bacteria, and fingers (washed) are clean. Also easier to smear around with fingers to create the smooth skin look.

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Warm

Since I have somewhat fair skin, I purchased the Cover Girl Simply Ageless foundation in shade 210. I wear shade 115 in Makeup For Ever HD foundation, for reference.

I purchased this after seeing my mom wearing it. It made her skin look flawless, so I just had to try it, even though we have different skin types. My mom is 62 years old and has a great complexion, with a few wrinkles. My skin is dry and I have moderate rosacea with reactive redness on my cheeks and nose.

This foundation is very easy to apply. When I first purchased this, I was amazed at how much time this foundation saved me in my morning routine! Prior to wearing this, I wore Revlon PhotoReady (which worked okay for me), and it took a lot longer to blend it in evenly. Applying this foundation is incredibly easy.

I have to say, this foundation really looks fantastic on me. The medium coverage that it gives me looks so natural, and I've received several compliments on my "skin"--not my makeup--while wearing this. It covers my redness perfectly, doesn't dry my skin out, and doesn't emphasize dry areas on my face. Plus, my foundation looked flawless all day long without wearing a primer underneath, even though I live in a very humid area.

Unfortunately, though, my love for this foundation was short-lived, because I started breaking out a few days after wearing this. I usually don't break out at all; I usually get a blemish once every few months, if at all. So when I started seeing 3 blemishes popping up at a time, I knew that this foundation was the culprit, since I hadn't changed anything else in my makeup routine.

My mom hasn't broken out from using this, but she doesn't have many sensitivities to cosmetics. I, however, have extremely sensitive skin, and something in this foundation didn't agree with it.

I didn't give this product a low rating, though, because I believe this could work very well for a lot of people who have skin that isn't so sensitive. Plus, the packaging is great, in my opinion, because it's sturdy, and it has a compartment to keep the sponge in, which is great for travel. It isn't bulky packaging, either.

I definitely recommend that you give this foundation a try if you're looking for a reasonably-priced medium coverage foundation that's easy to apply.

on 2/14/2012 1:10:00 PM

Skin: Very Dry, Medium, Not Sure

Hair: Brunette, Curly, Medium

This is a pretty good foundation for me. I have some fine lines but was more concerned with finding good coverage that wouldn't leave my complexion "dotted" by sitting in my giant pores. (Because of this, I normally don't wear anything heavier than tinted moisturizer.) Simply Ageless gives me minimal pore dots but I can live with that since a light dusting of powder camouflages them.
The coverage is buildable and it only dries slightly powdery which is nice. I'd prefer it to be even creamier for my super-dry skin though. (Huge pores in super-dry skin- lucky me, huh?)
WARNING: The shades are waaaay off from other CG products I've used. I wear Classic Ivory in almost everything from them. With SA I had to go up to Classic Beige, some four shades darker. So if you're going to try this, err on the darker side and purchase from a store that will happily take returns!

on 2/10/2012 9:42:00 AM

Pros: Shade 225 is a perfect match for my lighter winter skin, and since I'm not in the sun much any more (damage prevention), it may work in summer, too. Choosing a shade wasn't that hard - advice here says to go one shade darker than you need, but I compared it to my inner arm and bought the closest shade, which turned out to be the right choice for me. (Note - my arm may be slightly darker than my face.) This feels light, and looks pretty natural, blends well, yet still covers what I want covered (capillaries, sun spots.) I want foundation that makes me look better than I do naturally, and this does the trick. I have one deep frown line between my brows, and so far (one week's use) I have not found this settling there - a big pro. Also, opening the package was easy. Flip up the top of the lid for the sponge and twist the entire lid to open the foundation jar.

Cons: I was surprised to find my skin feels dry with this on. Perhaps I expected too much of the Olay serum blended in. It works much better on well-moisturized skin and with a primer over the moisturizer and under the foundation. Without good moisture, this product accentuates the fine line under my eyes - not really settling there, but somehow becoming a bit scaly (interesting, given it doesn't do this in my frown line.) With moisture and primer, there's not a big problem, but I'm trying to avoid using much of this foundation under my eyes, instead letting my concealer (Elf Studio Complete Coverage) do the flaw-hiding there (it's creamier and works well for me without getting into the lines.)

Big con: this foundation is as expensive as MAC and many department store brands when you compare ounce to ounce. Cover Girl Simply Ageless contains less than 1/2 ounce, while most liquid foundations contain around an ounce. Without a coupon or BOGO sale, this product does not help you avoid high prices. Yet because of the skin-tone match, I may buy it again, as it seems to last longer on my face without becoming shiny than most other foundations I've tried (even Revlon Colorstay and Lancome Renergie Lift.)

Interesting observation: Ever notice that Cover Girl (like most cosmetics lines) contradicts itself? Watch their TruBlend commercial - it says something about "other foundations can sit on top of skin" making that sound like a bad thing, yet the Simply Ageless line makes a point of saying that it sits on top, not collecting in wrinkles and fine lines. Marketing and advertising are funny businesses, huh?

on 1/21/2012 7:01:00 AM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

I am pleasantly surprise at just how good this foundation is. I had almost given up hope of ever finding a foundation that gives adequate cover without making me look overdone. I have been using the primer under it. I apply it with my own foundation brush, then a very light dusting of powder. The container is terrible, really cheap and difficult to open. However, i'll put up with this as the foundation is so good.

on 1/12/2012 12:49:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Other, Not Sure

So, this stuff isn't supposed to settle into lines and pores, huh?! Yuk! I'm 54 and while I don't have "wrinkes" I do have fine lines. This looks pasty and doesn't dry well. It sets and streaks, cakes and settles into pores/lines and then just looks dry like powder. Powder and being 54 don't mix. I had hoped this would be creamy and it's not; it's thick and opposed to creamy. I've tried it with tinted moisturizer and serum underneath it, and that doesn't help either. I just don't like this stuff. I have "normal" skin, tending on the dry side, oily-ish T-zone, no scarring or face problems.

on 1/12/2012 3:19:00 AM

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Cool

Hair: Brunette, Curly, Medium

I am extremely fair, even NC15 is too dark. This foundation in 205 has matched my skin tone. It goes on nice with my fingers and the sponge it comes with is useless but I noticed that throughout the day my face got more and more cakey. But I will rebuy anyway until I find another foundation that matches.
UPDATE
I just got color matched at MAC, I guess I am NW05 (super fair with cool undertones, why is NW for cool undertones? that's super confusing)

on 1/10/2012 10:23:00 PM

I had alot to like about this product, but also alot to dislike...I loved how the lightest shade actually matched my pale skin and did not make me look pasty or orange-y. I loved how long the foundation lasted - even after long hours at work, I didn't need any touch ups! It also didn't transfer at the drop of a hat, which I also loved. BUT...

It made my skin peel! I mean, my cheeks were REALLY, REALLY dry. Much drier than usual. I've never experienced that with a foundation, and to be honest, it kinda freaked me out. I also wasn't happy with what a small amount of product (and large amount of glass jar) you get for the price. I felt like it was practically gone after a short while and I had to buy foundation once again. So no, I will not be repurchasing...if someone has incredibly oily cheeks and no bills to pay, this might work for them.

on 12/18/2011 2:02:00 PM

Skin: Very Oily, Fair-Medium, Warm

okay, I adore this foundation. Every time I need more foundation, I always buy a different kind. I have tried them all, from MAC, to neutrogena, to revlon, to sephora, I know them all. I've always had a problem, whether it be that it's too cakey, or not enough coverage, or it makes me look orange. But the Cover Girl & Olay simply ageless foundation is my new favorite!!! From the comments below, it doesn't seem like this product is for everyone, but it is defintely for me! I have dry skin with red undertones. If you're like me, you need to try this!!!! It does NOT make me look orange AT ALL and is not cakey what-so-ever! PLUS, it has AMAZING coverage and lasts soooo long!!!!!!! Please try it! it's worth it!!!!!!