December 17, 2014 | 1683 users online

Crème - Cover Girl - Simply Ageless

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 2/14/2012 1:10:00 PM More reviews by GreenWoman

Age: 30-35 Skin: Very Dry, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Curly, Medium Eyes: Brown

This is a pretty good foundation for me. I have some fine lines but was more concerned with finding good coverage that wouldn't leave my complexion "dotted" by sitting in my giant pores. (Because of this, I normally don't wear anything heavier than tinted moisturizer.) Simply Ageless gives me minimal pore dots but I can live with that since a light dusting of powder camouflages them.
The coverage is buildable and it only dries slightly powdery which is nice. I'd prefer it to be even creamier for my super-dry skin though. (Huge pores in super-dry skin- lucky me, huh?)
WARNING: The shades are waaaay off from other CG products I've used. I wear Classic Ivory in almost everything from them. With SA I had to go up to Classic Beige, some four shades darker. So if you're going to try this, err on the darker side and purchase from a store that will happily take returns!

rated 3 of 5 on 2/10/2012 9:42:00 AM More reviews by coryrieken

Age: 44-55 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Brown, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Green

Pros: Shade 225 is a perfect match for my lighter winter skin, and since I'm not in the sun much any more (damage prevention), it may work in summer, too. Choosing a shade wasn't that hard - advice here says to go one shade darker than you need, but I compared it to my inner arm and bought the closest shade, which turned out to be the right choice for me. (Note - my arm may be slightly darker than my face.) This feels light, and looks pretty natural, blends well, yet still covers what I want covered (capillaries, sun spots.) I want foundation that makes me look better than I do naturally, and this does the trick. I have one deep frown line between my brows, and so far (one week's use) I have not found this settling there - a big pro. Also, opening the package was easy. Flip up the top of the lid for the sponge and twist the entire lid to open the foundation jar.

Cons: I was surprised to find my skin feels dry with this on. Perhaps I expected too much of the Olay serum blended in. It works much better on well-moisturized skin and with a primer over the moisturizer and under the foundation. Without good moisture, this product accentuates the fine line under my eyes - not really settling there, but somehow becoming a bit scaly (interesting, given it doesn't do this in my frown line.) With moisture and primer, there's not a big problem, but I'm trying to avoid using much of this foundation under my eyes, instead letting my concealer (Elf Studio Complete Coverage) do the flaw-hiding there (it's creamier and works well for me without getting into the lines.)

Big con: this foundation is as expensive as MAC and many department store brands when you compare ounce to ounce. Cover Girl Simply Ageless contains less than 1/2 ounce, while most liquid foundations contain around an ounce. Without a coupon or BOGO sale, this product does not help you avoid high prices. Yet because of the skin-tone match, I may buy it again, as it seems to last longer on my face without becoming shiny than most other foundations I've tried (even Revlon Colorstay and Lancome Renergie Lift.)

Interesting observation: Ever notice that Cover Girl (like most cosmetics lines) contradicts itself? Watch their TruBlend commercial - it says something about "other foundations can sit on top of skin" making that sound like a bad thing, yet the Simply Ageless line makes a point of saying that it sits on top, not collecting in wrinkles and fine lines. Marketing and advertising are funny businesses, huh?

rated 5 of 5 on 1/21/2012 7:01:00 AM More reviews by zone23

Age: 56 & Over Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

I am pleasantly surprise at just how good this foundation is. I had almost given up hope of ever finding a foundation that gives adequate cover without making me look overdone. I have been using the primer under it. I apply it with my own foundation brush, then a very light dusting of powder. The container is terrible, really cheap and difficult to open. However, i'll put up with this as the foundation is so good.

rated 1 of 5 on 1/12/2012 12:49:00 PM More reviews by sasseecindy

Age: 44-55 Skin: Dry, Other, Not Sure Hair: Red, Other, Other Eyes: Green

So, this stuff isn't supposed to settle into lines and pores, huh?! Yuk! I'm 54 and while I don't have "wrinkes" I do have fine lines. This looks pasty and doesn't dry well. It sets and streaks, cakes and settles into pores/lines and then just looks dry like powder. Powder and being 54 don't mix. I had hoped this would be creamy and it's not; it's thick and opposed to creamy. I've tried it with tinted moisturizer and serum underneath it, and that doesn't help either. I just don't like this stuff. I have "normal" skin, tending on the dry side, oily-ish T-zone, no scarring or face problems.

2 out of 3 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 1/12/2012 3:19:00 AM More reviews by dawnfire90

Age: 19-24 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Cool Hair: Brunette, Curly, Medium Eyes: Brown

I am extremely fair, even NC15 is too dark. This foundation in 205 has matched my skin tone. It goes on nice with my fingers and the sponge it comes with is useless but I noticed that throughout the day my face got more and more cakey. But I will rebuy anyway until I find another foundation that matches.
UPDATE
I just got color matched at MAC, I guess I am NW05 (super fair with cool undertones, why is NW for cool undertones? that's super confusing)

2 out of 3 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 3 of 5 on 1/10/2012 10:23:00 PM More reviews by SwissMiss528

Age: 25-29 Skin: Other, Other, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Other

I had alot to like about this product, but also alot to dislike...I loved how the lightest shade actually matched my pale skin and did not make me look pasty or orange-y. I loved how long the foundation lasted - even after long hours at work, I didn't need any touch ups! It also didn't transfer at the drop of a hat, which I also loved. BUT...

It made my skin peel! I mean, my cheeks were REALLY, REALLY dry. Much drier than usual. I've never experienced that with a foundation, and to be honest, it kinda freaked me out. I also wasn't happy with what a small amount of product (and large amount of glass jar) you get for the price. I felt like it was practically gone after a short while and I had to buy foundation once again. So no, I will not be repurchasing...if someone has incredibly oily cheeks and no bills to pay, this might work for them.

rated 5 of 5 on 12/18/2011 2:02:00 PM More reviews by macmaniac43

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Very Oily, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Blond, Straight, Fine Eyes: Blue

okay, I adore this foundation. Every time I need more foundation, I always buy a different kind. I have tried them all, from MAC, to neutrogena, to revlon, to sephora, I know them all. I've always had a problem, whether it be that it's too cakey, or not enough coverage, or it makes me look orange. But the Cover Girl & Olay simply ageless foundation is my new favorite!!! From the comments below, it doesn't seem like this product is for everyone, but it is defintely for me! I have dry skin with red undertones. If you're like me, you need to try this!!!! It does NOT make me look orange AT ALL and is not cakey what-so-ever! PLUS, it has AMAZING coverage and lasts soooo long!!!!!!! Please try it! it's worth it!!!!!!

rated 5 of 5 on 12/9/2011 5:40:00 AM More reviews by wsalsieds

Age: 44-55 Skin: Oily, Other, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

Like some of the other reviewers, I too was a foundation snob, buying only department store brands, mostly Clinique. I still love Clinique, but after the third time of having Clinique discontinue the foundation I was using, I got fed up and decided to take the cheaper route and head to the drugstore. Based on good reviews, I tried Simply Ageless and I really love it. It's every bit as good as the more expensive foundations I was using. It provides good coverage, yet looks natural and stays on all day. A big hurdle for me is finding a foundation that doesn't cause the eyeliner and mascara on my lower lids to smudge, and Simply Ageless passed the test. Also, it's easy and quick to apply. The colors are light, so while I would use the lightest color for Clinique, I had to go one darker with Simply Ageless (ie.,210). In short, this is a fantastic product at a reasonable price. It's readily available, doesn't smudge my eyemakeup, looks natural, and stays on all day.

rated 4 of 5 on 12/7/2011 4:42:00 AM More reviews by RinaRose

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Red, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I used this for a day, and didn't use it again because it wasn't for me.

If you have NOT oily skin, and can actually find your shade, I think it'd be great for you.

rated 4 of 5 on 12/4/2011 8:44:00 PM More reviews by glamglamglam

Age: 19-24 Skin: Oily, Medium, Neutral Hair: Black, Wavy, Coarse Eyes: Green

Okay, so I don't use this product alone. I start off with my avon magix primer, and then i mix a little bit of this with my neutrogena tinted moisturizer because i like my foundation to be natural, but also moisturizing. I set it with some loose powder. I've been using this for 2 years or so and really like it. I'm 19, so I don't have wrinkles and can't comment on that, but this doesn't set into my pores and honestly looks much more natural than any other makeup out there. I really recommend it if you're looking for something natural and light, but beware, it can be a little greasy.