August 29, 2014 | 452 users online

Crème - Cover Girl - Simply Ageless

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 1/12/2012 3:19:00 AM More reviews by dawnfire90

Age: 19-24 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Cool Hair: Brunette, Curly, Medium Eyes: Brown

I am extremely fair, even NC15 is too dark. This foundation in 205 has matched my skin tone. It goes on nice with my fingers and the sponge it comes with is useless but I noticed that throughout the day my face got more and more cakey. But I will rebuy anyway until I find another foundation that matches.
UPDATE
I just got color matched at MAC, I guess I am NW05 (super fair with cool undertones, why is NW for cool undertones? that's super confusing)

2 out of 3 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 3 of 5 on 1/10/2012 10:23:00 PM More reviews by SwissMiss528

Age: 25-29 Skin: Other, Other, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Other

I had alot to like about this product, but also alot to dislike...I loved how the lightest shade actually matched my pale skin and did not make me look pasty or orange-y. I loved how long the foundation lasted - even after long hours at work, I didn't need any touch ups! It also didn't transfer at the drop of a hat, which I also loved. BUT...

It made my skin peel! I mean, my cheeks were REALLY, REALLY dry. Much drier than usual. I've never experienced that with a foundation, and to be honest, it kinda freaked me out. I also wasn't happy with what a small amount of product (and large amount of glass jar) you get for the price. I felt like it was practically gone after a short while and I had to buy foundation once again. So no, I will not be repurchasing...if someone has incredibly oily cheeks and no bills to pay, this might work for them.

rated 5 of 5 on 12/18/2011 2:02:00 PM More reviews by macmaniac43

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Very Oily, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Blond, Straight, Fine Eyes: Blue

okay, I adore this foundation. Every time I need more foundation, I always buy a different kind. I have tried them all, from MAC, to neutrogena, to revlon, to sephora, I know them all. I've always had a problem, whether it be that it's too cakey, or not enough coverage, or it makes me look orange. But the Cover Girl & Olay simply ageless foundation is my new favorite!!! From the comments below, it doesn't seem like this product is for everyone, but it is defintely for me! I have dry skin with red undertones. If you're like me, you need to try this!!!! It does NOT make me look orange AT ALL and is not cakey what-so-ever! PLUS, it has AMAZING coverage and lasts soooo long!!!!!!! Please try it! it's worth it!!!!!!

rated 5 of 5 on 12/9/2011 5:40:00 AM More reviews by wsalsieds

Age: 44-55 Skin: Oily, Other, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

Like some of the other reviewers, I too was a foundation snob, buying only department store brands, mostly Clinique. I still love Clinique, but after the third time of having Clinique discontinue the foundation I was using, I got fed up and decided to take the cheaper route and head to the drugstore. Based on good reviews, I tried Simply Ageless and I really love it. It's every bit as good as the more expensive foundations I was using. It provides good coverage, yet looks natural and stays on all day. A big hurdle for me is finding a foundation that doesn't cause the eyeliner and mascara on my lower lids to smudge, and Simply Ageless passed the test. Also, it's easy and quick to apply. The colors are light, so while I would use the lightest color for Clinique, I had to go one darker with Simply Ageless (ie.,210). In short, this is a fantastic product at a reasonable price. It's readily available, doesn't smudge my eyemakeup, looks natural, and stays on all day.

rated 4 of 5 on 12/7/2011 4:42:00 AM More reviews by RinaRose

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Red, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I used this for a day, and didn't use it again because it wasn't for me.

If you have NOT oily skin, and can actually find your shade, I think it'd be great for you.

rated 4 of 5 on 12/4/2011 8:44:00 PM More reviews by glamglamglam

Age: 19-24 Skin: Oily, Medium, Neutral Hair: Black, Wavy, Coarse Eyes: Green

Okay, so I don't use this product alone. I start off with my avon magix primer, and then i mix a little bit of this with my neutrogena tinted moisturizer because i like my foundation to be natural, but also moisturizing. I set it with some loose powder. I've been using this for 2 years or so and really like it. I'm 19, so I don't have wrinkles and can't comment on that, but this doesn't set into my pores and honestly looks much more natural than any other makeup out there. I really recommend it if you're looking for something natural and light, but beware, it can be a little greasy.

rated 2 of 5 on 12/1/2011 9:03:00 PM More reviews by kfree9

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Brown, Wavy, Other Eyes: Brown

I bought this because of a sale/coupon combo and I wanted to try the Simply Ageless under eye concealer so I got the foundation too. In the winter, my skin gets quite dry and I thought this would be a good moisturizing foundation because of the Olay component. I was wrong. After applying this foundation, within an hour or so, it cakes onto the dry areas and makes them SO noticeable. Yuck. My cheek even looked scaly and that was after exfoliating and moisturizing before applying it. Had to throw it away after using it for about a week.
The positives--it applies easily and blends smoothly. I like the packaging too. I used my own sponge to apply, not the lame one that came with it. And, it did not break me out, so that's good.

rated 2 of 5 on 11/21/2011 2:44:00 PM More reviews by aimeee1

Age: 36-43 Skin: Dry, Olive, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

When I first bought this product, I really liked it! I used it for about a week and then I started noticing that it was drying up in the package. It got worse and worse til I had to throw it away. (And it wasn't cheap, ya know) Well, I thought I might have had a dud so I bought another one. The same thing happened. It's a shame because that first week or so it really worked well with great coverage! I'll stick to my Cover Girl Ultimate Finish Liquid Powder, which is basically the same thing but has NEVER dried up on me like this. Give it a shot, and it cost about a 1/3 of the other!

rated 4 of 5 on 11/20/2011 9:28:00 AM More reviews by Mom2kidsilove

Age: 30-35 Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

I don't understand the bad reviews! I guess everyone's different. I have been using bare minerals for years, but this gives me better coverage in less time and doesn't feel cake-like or heavy. Stays on nicely.

rated 4 of 5 on 11/12/2011 8:05:00 PM More reviews by jennicepen

This is a grerat creme foundation, I have combination/oily skin and this foundation stays put and feels light on my skin. I do set it with a light powder and I usually have to blot once during the day. If not applied correctly it can look cakey. I find the best application is with a foundation brush and to build it slowly and it will melt into your skin. The packaging could use a mirror and for drug store make up it is pretty expensive, $20 in Canada. Also the colors tend to run very light so go a shade darker then you think you need.