April 17, 2014 | 1010 users online

Crème - Cover Girl - Simply Ageless

rated 4 of 5 on 11/4/2011 11:41:00 AM More reviews by spicym0

Age: 19-24 Skin: Normal, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

I really like this foundation. I found the best way for me to apply this is with foundation brush, I'm able to control how much product goes on so it doesn't look cakey. It glides on and has great coverage and doesn't break me out, I'm only 22 so can't say how it is with wrinkles. It lasts all day on me. I do have to apply moisturizer and/or primer before I put this on though.The first few times I used this I really didn't care for it but once I got the application down I really like it. I used to always use revlons colorstay in the lightest color and I use this in the lightest also and I don't have the problems like others are having with it being too light, It's perfect color for me. I only took one lippie off because it's a little expensive for a drugstore brand but I will buy again it's been a little over 2 months since i bought it and am just now having to buy a new one.

rated 2 of 5 top reviewer on 11/1/2011 2:40:00 AM More reviews by Julia941

Age: 36-43 Skin: Combination, Fair, Warm Hair: Brown, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Green

I am very unhappy with this product. I bought it on sale and was really looking forward to a "moisturizing" foundation that would glide over wrinkles and not settle into fine lines like Ellen said. I've also been using the yellow under-eye corrector from this line so I thought it would be great. No dice. This looked terrible on me. I've used Cover Girl powders and foundations before and classic ivory is my color but it is much lighter in this formula. Maybe it has something to do with the swirl? Anyway I cleansed, exfoliated, and moisturized before applying and it brought out every line and really accentuated some flaky patches I have. I don't need a lot of coverage, I usually just use a little powder foundation to even my skin and it never looks as flaky as this. It looked like a strange see through coating on my skin that is hard to describe. It sort of looked as if I put a thin layer of white zinc oxide sunscreen. I guess it's back to dots of concealer blended out with pressed powder.

rated 3 of 5 on 11/1/2011 1:02:00 AM More reviews by bnanaphone246

Age: 19-24 Skin: Other, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Red, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

i used this product in college, back when i just got excited if something matched my skintone.(in my defense, it can be hard to do, half of my makeup adventures end with me going with the lightest shade available and finding out it's too dark.) and it was quite nice for a while- very creamy, covered my blemishes in one step, etc.-but after a bit it started getting annoying. it feels hydrating, but then it made my skin really flaky. it also became too light for my skin, which shocked me. i think both of these problems stem from the olay serum, which probably contains retinol, which irritates my skin, and gives some kind of whitish tint to the product that makes it lighter than it would be otherwise, and both of these problems got more complicated as i worked my way to the bottom of the jar, where the colors are less mixed. also, the packaging was a drag-i really dislike having to unscrew the lid AND there's no mirror. i have the same problem with the maybelline dream smooth compact(they are basically the same design) i cant help but think there should be a better way to make a compact. this is america, we put a man on the moon. can we not create a convenient, sanitary way to use cream foundation?
so, basically, i think most of the problems with this product lie in the formulation/packaging/fancy swirl department, but its otherwise a nice product. having used it when i was 21-22, i cant really vouch for its wrinkle reduction, but it provides medium to heavy coverage for an okay price.

rated 1 of 5 on 10/30/2011 8:31:00 PM More reviews by WendyVictoria

Age: 56 & Over Skin: Very Dry, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

I was excited to try this since I am 63 with deep wrinkles. I carried the ad around for a couple of weeks. It looked so bad when I used it that I immediately took it back to CVS. It just sat in the wrinkles and floated on the non-wrinkled areas. It seemed to magnify the wrinkles. I purchased the concealer and the primer as well. Who knows what the primer did but the concealer just sat in the creases and looked as bad as the foundation. My pores were accentuated and my face looked greasy even though I have very dry skin.

Back to Mary Kay.

rated 3 of 5 on 10/9/2011 10:45:00 AM More reviews by joyw2010

I read some not-so-good reviews of this product, but I just couldn't resist the temptation of the ads so I bought one last week. I regret it very much, it does create such a mask like, unnatural look. So I use it as concealer, which works better than using it as foundation. But maybe I picked wrong shade, I hope they offer tester so people can try it before spending their money. But at the end of the day, this foundation feels moisturazing, which is at least lenient to your skin. I might try their blush in the future, but not the foundation.

rated 4 of 5 on 9/28/2011 5:13:00 PM More reviews by piecreampie

The product: Great, natural-looking coverage (esp. for someone like me with very fair skin)! Awesome for my normal to oily skin with some breakouts (very rarely dry but it usually is okay for that as well). Blends wonderfully. Didn't cause breakouts after using a product that did. I am hooked on it.

Packaging: The only things I don't like about the foundation are how it can become unsanitary and almost linty after using it a lot. The packaging is kind of annoying to open conveniently and there is a lot more packaging than product (could have made the plastic clear part less substantial).

Overall an awesome product though! But yes it is hard to find the right color without proper testers. And a little pricey.

rated 2 of 5 on 9/9/2011 8:02:00 PM More reviews by yayasalley

Age: 30-35 Skin: Very Oily, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Black, Straight, Fine Eyes: Black

Pros: Olay formula

Cons:
-Hard to match since you can't (legally open the packaging). The shade I got is a shade lighter.
-Medium coverage,
-Hard to blend.
-When your part of your skin is drying or is peeling, this will emphasize it.
-Cakey.
-I have terrible oily face, this just holds up for good 4 hours. Setting it will just make it look more unnatural.
-Heavy on the face-
-Price is eh.
-Packaging is so-so. Opens in 2 pieces. I wish they did what L'oreal did with Tru match powder's packaging. I had to return and get another one because the first one I got was too locked tight I don't know if they really want someone to use it.

rated 5 of 5 on 9/6/2011 10:14:00 PM More reviews by haleyanna19

UGH! why do all of my fave products get bad reviews overall?! haha! anyway, my HG foundation is the CG Smoothers Aquasmooth foundation, the one in the oblong navy colored case. LOVE that stuff. I have always been a creme fan for some reason--it just applies like a dream and covers my rosacea and acne while still looking natural. I also have trouble finding makeup light enough (NC15 is too light for me, to tell you how pale I am!) and the "very light" of this works for me. Blends like a dream, and I applied at 6 am and didnt have to blot (I use MAC Blot powder over this) until almost 5 o'clock when I met a friend for dinner. I am only 22 years old, I dont have any fine lines/wrinkles (YET!) to say as to how this covers those, but as a foundation, it has good coverage, feels smooth, and stays matte for most of the day. The ONLY downside is it is quite price-y for a wal-mart foundation (It's 13.49 in the South here!).

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 9/2/2011 4:07:00 PM More reviews by luvsbrdeddragns

Age: 36-43 Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Cool Hair: Other, Straight, Fine Eyes: Hazel

I noticed my 40 year old sister's skin was looking REALLY flawless. We both have dark splotches so finally I asked her what she was doing differently. She told me she was using this foundation with a dusting of MAC Studio Fix over it. I run out and buy it and now wear the same thing. The coverage is great, is long wearing without looking cakey, but it MIGHT be breaking me out. Haven't figured out if it's the makeup or the enormous amount of stress I'm under. Either way, it looks FABULOUS.

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 8/28/2011 4:57:00 PM More reviews by FastKitty99

Age: 36-43 Skin: Dry, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I'm still a little on the fence about this product. I've only been using it a couple of weeks and bought it primarily because I was going to be traveling. I normally use the Bare Minerals line which tends to be a little messy, especially when packing it in a suitcase. So I went to my local CVS and picked this up in the lightest shade, Ivory, which usually works well for my fair skin. I had the experience others reported with it being way too light - I looked very washed out and pale like a ghost. I took it back and exchanged it for the Creamy Natural shade which is the fourth lightest shade, and this looked much more natural on me. They really need to provide testers in the store as I'm sure this happens a lot. Anyway, it provides decent coverage if you apply it with your finger or with a foundation brush, I don't care for the sponge that is provided in the compact. I use it with a moisturizer to even it out. I probably won't use it as my everyday foundation, but it works well for travel and/or packing it in your purse for quick touch-ups. I doubt I will repurchase when this runs out.