October 31, 2014 | 990 users online

Palettes - Coastal Scents - Blush Palette

rated 1 of 5 on 4/26/2009 6:08:00 PM More reviews by photocrazy81

Looks nice when first applied but then fades. It's nice having all those colors but not worth it if it doesn't stay. Still going to keep it for photo shoots but not to use on myself.

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 4/26/2009 5:25:00 PM More reviews by kassandraamelaniiee

I think that this palette is just okay. thats it. The pigmentation was not as good as what i had expected from all the hype. I dont own any MAC or NARS blushes to compare, but compared to my clinique ones, i like those better. They were fairly powdery and chalky, and dont show up much on my NC30 skin... ><;; its a pain in the ass whenever i get anything onto it, because it wont come off. like the powder will just stay on it..And also, now Coastal Scents has the name of the palette and the company name on the cover....yeah.. dont like that either... i covered up with random drawings i did.. =)

I wont rebuy this. i doubt i'll run out, especially since i wont use 7 of the blushes anyways..

but, imo.. if you have a pinker undertone, and lighter skin color than me (light caucasian skin for example/not meant to be racist) then more colors will probably work on you than they would on me. =) continued >>

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 4/14/2009 1:56:00 PM More reviews by marvin1

This is a great palette for anyone who doesn't have a lot of blushes, and would like to experiment with different shades. That's what I use it for. In terms of quality as an everyday blush, although it is pretty pigmented, I find that the texture is too chalky/powdery, and the staying power is lacking. But for the price of less than one MAC or NARS blush, you get a range of shades/warmeth, so not bad for experimentation, so that you know what shades to get from the pricier brands.

BTW, I got mine from ebay from this seller called "jolieee" or something. It is the exact same palette that Coastal Scents sells but way cheaper (just under 20 dollars including shipping) , but I wouldn't recommend this particular seller. The shipping took over 30 days (yes, it really did), and the seller never responded to my inquiries in the mean time.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 3/4/2009 11:15:00 AM More reviews by modestyblaise78

I (NW 20) love this palette!
There are three colors in it I am definitely not going to use because they don't suit me at all, but all the rest of them are perfect!
I like the fact that the colors are not overly pigmented, although I can imagine that people with darker complexions might have problems with this.
I like to build color step by step.
The case is better than the case of 88 shadow palette.
After I purchased it from CS, I realized that I could get it much cheaper, that's practically the only thing regarding this palette that I don't like.

rated 1 of 5 on 3/2/2009 7:26:00 AM More reviews by justhavingfun

Age: 56 & Over Skin: Normal, Medium, Cool Hair: Brunette, Straight, Medium Eyes: Brown

I don't get all the excitement Coastal Scents gets for their palettes. I found this blush one to be poorly pigmented, very messy and powdery, and only 1 or 2 useable pans on my NC30-35 skin. The others don't even show up on my face! Bah! A lot of hype for very little results. I can't imagine buying this again unless all the colors are changed drastically (you know, like ones that actually HAVE pigment in them).

rated 4 of 5 on 3/2/2009 6:43:00 AM More reviews by thesoo

Age: 19-24 Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Red, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

I simply adore this palette. I like using light and bright colors as opposed to using bronzers or deeper colors, and this suits me just right. I had monthes long reservations on whether to get this, because on my monitor the colors looked so dull and muted. I was completely wrong. This is actually comprised of really bright colors, somewhat too bright or light for ladies darker than NC35. The texture is silky and smooth, and blends like a dream. It is not as pigmented as MAC or NAR blushes, but somehow I like the less-pigmented texture better because I can always build up more to get color and dimension. This somehow "magically" controls the intensity; no matter how hard I pile this on, it "automatically" mutes itself down and stays that way all day. No fading with minimal oxidation (which every blush cannot avoid).
Overall this is very useable and practical, compared to the awesome price, ($17 for 10 colors!) and tons of different looks can be created with this one. I love this.

rated 2 of 5 on 2/8/2009 9:42:00 PM More reviews by Vixxan

Age: 36-43 Skin: Oily, Dark, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

This palette may not be a good buy for someone with a dark skin tone like mine. Out of the 10 colors I can only use one as a blush. There is a bronze color that I can use as a bronzer but everything else is useless to me. The colors are not very pigmented so using them as a eyeshadow is not an option. I really wanted to love this product but it just didn't work out for me.

rated 5 of 5 on 1/27/2009 12:05:00 AM More reviews by itsyourluv68

I really like this palette, you get a lot for your money. The colors are really nice and pigmented. Im an NC35 and these show up really well on my skin. The thing I love the most is that they dont oxidize on me. Most blushes, Including MAC, end up turning orange on my cheeks. I would definitely buy this again and would really like it if CS came out with another palette with different blush colors.

rated 5 of 5 on 1/3/2009 3:00:00 PM More reviews by elfgirllana

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair, Cool Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

I love this palette! As someone who is just getting into blushes, I didn't want to spend tons of money on a product I wasn't sure I would like. Turns out I do! I am very fair skinned, and perhaps this is why the colors show up so well on me - they are very buildable and come in a wide variety of colors. So go try it while you can! You're spending about 1.50/color. If you don't like it you can give it to a friend.

rated 4 of 5 on 12/29/2008 12:21:00 AM More reviews by charlenemeetmark

Age: 25-29 Skin: Acne-prone, Tan, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I like this palette. I'm an NC40 in studio fix fluid and the colors show up on my face. I don't like too much color so the fact that it's not too pigmented to perfect for me because I like building the color. I can mix the different colors and it has a bronzy color to use as a bronzer.