April 16, 2014 | 1393 users online

Palettes - Coastal Scents - Blush Palette

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 3/4/2009 11:15:00 AM More reviews by modestyblaise78

I (NW 20) love this palette!
There are three colors in it I am definitely not going to use because they don't suit me at all, but all the rest of them are perfect!
I like the fact that the colors are not overly pigmented, although I can imagine that people with darker complexions might have problems with this.
I like to build color step by step.
The case is better than the case of 88 shadow palette.
After I purchased it from CS, I realized that I could get it much cheaper, that's practically the only thing regarding this palette that I don't like.

rated 1 of 5 on 3/2/2009 7:26:00 AM More reviews by justhavingfun

Age: 56 & Over Skin: Normal, Medium, Cool Hair: Brunette, Straight, Medium Eyes: Brown

I don't get all the excitement Coastal Scents gets for their palettes. I found this blush one to be poorly pigmented, very messy and powdery, and only 1 or 2 useable pans on my NC30-35 skin. The others don't even show up on my face! Bah! A lot of hype for very little results. I can't imagine buying this again unless all the colors are changed drastically (you know, like ones that actually HAVE pigment in them).

rated 4 of 5 on 3/2/2009 6:43:00 AM More reviews by thesoo

Age: 19-24 Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Red, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

I simply adore this palette. I like using light and bright colors as opposed to using bronzers or deeper colors, and this suits me just right. I had monthes long reservations on whether to get this, because on my monitor the colors looked so dull and muted. I was completely wrong. This is actually comprised of really bright colors, somewhat too bright or light for ladies darker than NC35. The texture is silky and smooth, and blends like a dream. It is not as pigmented as MAC or NAR blushes, but somehow I like the less-pigmented texture better because I can always build up more to get color and dimension. This somehow "magically" controls the intensity; no matter how hard I pile this on, it "automatically" mutes itself down and stays that way all day. No fading with minimal oxidation (which every blush cannot avoid).
Overall this is very useable and practical, compared to the awesome price, ($17 for 10 colors!) and tons of different looks can be created with this one. I love this.

rated 2 of 5 on 2/8/2009 9:42:00 PM More reviews by Vixxan

Age: 36-43 Skin: Oily, Dark, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

This palette may not be a good buy for someone with a dark skin tone like mine. Out of the 10 colors I can only use one as a blush. There is a bronze color that I can use as a bronzer but everything else is useless to me. The colors are not very pigmented so using them as a eyeshadow is not an option. I really wanted to love this product but it just didn't work out for me.

rated 5 of 5 on 1/27/2009 12:05:00 AM More reviews by itsyourluv68

I really like this palette, you get a lot for your money. The colors are really nice and pigmented. Im an NC35 and these show up really well on my skin. The thing I love the most is that they dont oxidize on me. Most blushes, Including MAC, end up turning orange on my cheeks. I would definitely buy this again and would really like it if CS came out with another palette with different blush colors.

rated 5 of 5 on 1/3/2009 3:00:00 PM More reviews by elfgirllana

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair, Cool Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

I love this palette! As someone who is just getting into blushes, I didn't want to spend tons of money on a product I wasn't sure I would like. Turns out I do! I am very fair skinned, and perhaps this is why the colors show up so well on me - they are very buildable and come in a wide variety of colors. So go try it while you can! You're spending about 1.50/color. If you don't like it you can give it to a friend.

rated 4 of 5 on 12/29/2008 12:21:00 AM More reviews by charlenemeetmark

Age: 25-29 Skin: Acne-prone, Tan, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I like this palette. I'm an NC40 in studio fix fluid and the colors show up on my face. I don't like too much color so the fact that it's not too pigmented to perfect for me because I like building the color. I can mix the different colors and it has a bronzy color to use as a bronzer.

rated 2 of 5 on 12/13/2008 9:35:00 AM More reviews by sanfrancisco48

Age: 56 & Over Skin: Normal, Olive, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

In no way can a comparison be made between these blush pans and any you can get from MAC. The Coastal Scents blush palette offers a wide range of colors, but with little pigmentation and they don't last long on the cheek. I'm a 25 in MAC foundation and had to literally 'scrub' these on my cheeks to get them to show up. Don't waste your money!

2 out of 3 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 2 of 5 on 12/13/2008 9:20:00 AM More reviews by zephyrdreambaby

Age: 19-24 Skin: Normal, Dark, Warm Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

For reference I have NC42 (Beyonce-colored, honey-colored) skin.

I ordered this the day it first came out and was so excited. When it was finally delivered, my :) turned into a :(. I found so many cons.

-doesn't show up on my skin
-seems powdery more than pigmented
-needs a lot of application for color to show.

Of course, there are pros:

-diverse set of colors
-great packaging
-cheap cheap prices for 10 blushes.

This blush pallete would probably work out for someone lighter-skinned. I don't understand the hype about Coastal Scents.

I was really upset with this palette and tried hard to make them work on me but it just sits on my drawer isolated from all of my other makeup.

7 out of 7 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 12/7/2008 4:58:00 PM More reviews by swtlilqtk

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Olive, Cool Hair: Black, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Green

I LOVE THESE BLUSHES! Every single one of them is flattering and this palette is so damn cheap. You get 10 blushes and every single color is wearable and flattering. I am an NC30 and they all show up on me beautifully and wear really well. I have bought many things from Coastal Scents and the is the one thing I am most happy with. I would give it 10 if I could. GET IT---you will be glad that you did! There is a purple that looks like MAC's Coygirl, a pink like Pink Swoon, and orange like the Manish Devil, a color like Springsheen, Harmony, Buff, Dolly Mix, Raizin, Coppertone, and a color similar to Melba. The pigmentation is just as good as MAC's and it's $17 for 10 blushes! You can't even get 1 MAC blush for that price! Coming from a girl who loves her MAC, trust me you won't be disappointed. I got this palette a month ago and haven't touched a MAC blush since. Buy it you'll LOVE it!

6 out of 6 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No