April 17, 2014 | 1767 users online

Powder - Coty - airspun loose face powder translucent extra coverage

image 0image 1image 2

rated 5 of 5 on 7/4/2010 12:17:00 PM More reviews by JennJenn1974

Age: 36-43 Skin: Very Oily, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Green

This a must have! I don't even remember what I did before I found this other than run around with a shiny nose! They have recently changed the packaging, it now comes in a hard plastic compact as opposed to the cardboard and now has pre-punched holes so there is no making pinholes in the plastic. I have had many people comment that this combined with Revlon Colorstay gives excellent coverage and still looks natural. You have to give it a try!

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 5/10/2010 3:26:00 AM More reviews by IdetteB

Age: 30-35 Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

So, I've been eyeing this product for nearly 2 years because of the raves on here....yet everytime i wandered over to the section of Walgreens I would just pick it up and put it right back down...mostly because of the strong fragrance. I recall hearing there was a unscented one but I've never seen it. Finally after finishing my last translucent powder...I picked it up. I have been using it for 2 months now and I seriously want to stock up because I don't want to be without it...It totally smooths out my face without being cakey. I have dry sensitive skin and this does not irritate or accentuate dryness. I am actually starting to get used to smell to the point that I think I actually LIKE it....

7 out of 7 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 2 of 5 top reviewer on 3/28/2010 11:38:00 PM More reviews by Miaoudeminou

I have tried both the translucent & the translucent extra coverage. I really wanted to like this because of the high reviews & how cheap this is ($7 for 2.3oz).

Pros:
-Keeps foundation on all day
-finish is wonderful & doesn't cake
-wonderful coverage (tried the extra coverage alone and would make a great powder foundation except the reasons below)

Cons:
-packaging (it gets all over the place EASILY)
-color selection; this is my biggest complaint. There needs to be something in there for the olive and neutral skinned women because this comes in only pink/orange.

Coty: If you read this at all you need to put this in a compact (a.k.a pressed powder) AND make a larger shade selection. If you did these two things then women everywhere would probably use this as their holy grail powder.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 2/14/2010 10:06:00 PM More reviews by SexyLittleMe

Age: 36-43 Skin: Normal, Fair, Warm Hair: Brown, Straight, Medium Eyes: Green

My grandmother used this in her makeup wearing years--but I didn't know that when I bought my first box. I used it in my very early 20s, then switched to Elizabeth Arden, then went to Bonne Bell, then New York Color, now I'm back to Coty. It does not break me out, and it does not turn orange, which is about all I ask. :-)

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 1/8/2010 10:37:00 PM More reviews by fitmom2

Age: 25-29 Skin: Oily, Tan, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

HAS THIS BEEN DISCONTINUED??? :( I cannot find this AT ALL at Walmart OR Walgreens, and I been buying this for YEARS!!

I gave it 4 for packaging, only because it can get really messy..but because you get a LOT..it's worth it..keeps shine away for HOURS and goes with ANY foundation, or creme!!

I usually wear it with Estee Lauder Double wear..and FANTASTIC..

please, please, don't tell me this has been discontiued tho..such a shame if it was...:( I really need to buy some and I can't find it..guess I'll have to order some on ebay..lol

Love it..cute, old fasioned, and very nice coverage. :)

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 11/4/2009 2:14:00 AM More reviews by channingto

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Acne-prone, Medium, Warm Hair: Black, Other, Fine Eyes: Black

I'm not sure if the one I have is extra coverage.. but it's in the orange case and isn't the fragrance free one. I think the packaging is cute & vintage. Poked holes in it myself because if I ripped out the plastic covering entirely, it would be a MESS. Doesn't look completely translucent to me, slightly with a pink/peachy tint, but so light you can't tell at all, so I guess you could say it has a translucent finish. Just your basic setting powder. Works well for that.

rated 5 of 5 on 8/12/2009 5:17:00 PM More reviews by Avanti414

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Grey

This is my HG POWDER. Whatever my make up routine is I always include this powder. I was only able to find translucent and translucent extra coverage but they seem to work just fine for my skin tone. Pores appear smoother and smaller and last up to 8 hrs b4 I have to re apply. Makes a great finishing powder. I've tried BE mineral veil and it sucks....the only thing i use as a powder besides Airspun is E.L.F's Mineral Booster which is spectacular....mix em both together and u got gold.

5 out of 5 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 on 1/16/2009 1:34:00 PM More reviews by cara1

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Blond, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Blue

Was desperately in need of powder and went for a quick fix....forgot how much I love this stuff! Makes me look airbrushed! Yes, the packaging can be a pain but I made it easier by punching holes in the plastic overlay with a nail. It's kind of a makeshift sifter. I personally love the scent as well.

rated 1 of 5 top reviewer on 12/1/2008 8:35:00 PM More reviews by MSFIT75

Age: 30-35 Skin: Very Oily, Dark, Warm Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I believe I tried this face powder when I was a teenager. My best friend's mom had a container in their bathroom & we would dab a little on thinking it did something to our skin that somehow made us more attractive, more mature, more "grown-up". But at that time, our pores were invisible, we could literally wake-up and walk outside in broad daylight AKA being 15 with flawless complexions so makeup was not necessary! Now, fast forward 15 years or so & it's a different situation altogether. I read some decent reviews on my beloved MUA so I thought, why not try this classic again. Boy was I wrong! This stuff broke me out almost instantly & made my skin ITCH like the dickens! I have a full container left & speaking of containers.... would COTY please update this old fashioned paper box - tres fugly! I won't be purchasing this again & I'm tossing the remainder - the overwhelming fragrance alone is a big turn-off..