October 24, 2014 | 1826 users online

Powder - Coty - airspun loose face powder translucent extra coverage

image 0image 1image 2

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 11/10/2010 5:37:00 PM More reviews by SaraNikkita

Age: 25-29 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Cool Hair: Blond, Straight, Medium Eyes: Blue

I like this stuff and it is now HG status for me. I use it alone or over foundation. It helps my make up stay all day, I never have a problem with my make up wearing off. Sets foundation perfectly and when I wear it alone it looks very natural. Light weight, this is the perfect stuff for me.
Please see my complete review of this product under its Coty Airspun Loose Powder to get all the info I have on this product, this is the shade I buy, but the full review is under the general name.

4 out of 5 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 11/2/2010 12:28:00 AM More reviews by theresadactyl

Age: 19-24 Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Brown, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

Love this stuff! I use it to set my foundation. I've been trying to find that perfect product to control my oil and give me an airbrush finish, who knew it would come so cheap? I have crazy redness and pores that I try to cover up.. I use a light layer of liquid foundation and buff it out. Then, I take a large powder brush and apply this all over... It's amazing how smooth your face feels afterwards! And it stays matte for about 3-5 hours, depending on the heat. The only bad thing about this is the packaging, I threw away the puff because I don't like using those.. The stuff gets everywhere if you're not careful, watch out! There is so much product, so spilling doesn't really matter too much. Try it out, for $5.67 you can't go wrong! Oh, and it smells like my grandma, which doesn't bother me too much. :]

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 9/27/2010 8:22:00 AM More reviews by jarona

Age: 44-55 Skin: Very Dry, Fair, Cool Hair: Black, Curly, Coarse Eyes: Hazel

Well, thanks to MUA, I tried this powder. Saw it at Walmart for $5.67 and figured, what the heck let me try it for the inexpensive price.
The package has been changed, and actually, it works out quite well. As the packaging is big, there is plenty of room to swirl your huge powder brush and have room for the fallout.
The scent, well...it is rather old-ladyish, (oh no..I AM an old lady--LOL)
but it dissapates after a bit.
Coverage is spot on. I actually did an experiment--I had an old bare minerals veil lying about and did half of my face with Bare and half with the Coty. I liked the Coty better. So, I'm now using the Coty for everyday and using my CoverFX powder for special occasions.
I will say that you need to use a very light touch with this stuff, but--hey, it works. My face doesn't feel dry and powdery--it doesn't look dry and powdery and it sets my make-up just lovely!

8 out of 8 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 on 8/24/2010 10:28:00 PM More reviews by mayebear87

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair, Cool Hair: Brunette, Curly, Coarse Eyes: Brown

I love this stuff! I know this stuff has been around forever, and I have passed by it many times thinking that it's a cheap old lady's powder. But then I started seeing reviews, and hearing people praise about this. So I picked this one up awhile ago. I don't like the smell, it is very old lady like, and it doesn't really go away, you just kind of have to get used to it, but that's the only con. The packaging I have must be newer, because it's plastic, with a sifter. It's not cardboard like I've always seen. You get a lot of product for about $5. I'm so glad I got the extra coverage formula vs. the other ones, because I have reddness that needs to be covered up. I don't have to wear foundation with this! This has enough coverage to cover up any problems I have! And it looks flawless! This is also the only product that I have ever used that keeps my skin oil free the longest, maybe 4 hours before I have to blot! Love this stuff!

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 8/21/2010 10:50:00 PM More reviews by fragranceisall

Age: 56 & Over Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Green

This is going to sound over-the-top impossible but, trust me. Many years ago someone told me about this trick and it works. Instead of applying the powder over your liquid foundation, you apply it first, then foundation. Using a cotton ball, pat the powder liberally over your clean, non-greasy moisturized face, then, with a clean puff, stroke downward to remove excess. Next, and this is crucial, dot on an oil-free, MUST be oil-free, liquid foundation and blend. The result is a poreless, flawless complexion. Even though my skin tends towards dryness, this method doesn't seem to dry it out. I've only tried this method with Coty but it may work with other loose powders.

30 out of 30 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 on 8/21/2010 10:25:00 PM More reviews by Yllas

I LOVE THIS! Yes, it's a) old- fashioned, b) smells like old-lady perfume, c) has cumbersome packaging, d) and it's not very transportable. What I do is initially poke several small holes in the plastic covering over the powder. put the lid back on, shake, and remove the lid. Then I swirl in a big puffy brush and brush it all over my face. The translucent does have a faint pinkish tint, but isn't noticeable (on me), and the result is pretty much flawless coverage of shine.

rated 4 of 5 on 8/14/2010 1:18:00 AM More reviews by latteys

i am sooooo oily and this is GREAT for oily girls like me! this is the only powder that has kept me oil free for at least 4 hours before needing to blot. many times, I am actually able to go 5 hours sometimes without needing to blot my face. WOWW! i was using makeup forever powder mattifying but that would only last for 2 or 3 hours before needing to blot. also, when the oil does shine through, its not a full on oil fest, but more of a slow emerging oil leak on ur face (great comparison, yeah?). downside is that i think it may have caused some extra pimples, but could have just been coincidence. overall, great product.

2 out of 3 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 on 7/4/2010 12:17:00 PM More reviews by JennJenn1974

Age: 36-43 Skin: Very Oily, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Green

This a must have! I don't even remember what I did before I found this other than run around with a shiny nose! They have recently changed the packaging, it now comes in a hard plastic compact as opposed to the cardboard and now has pre-punched holes so there is no making pinholes in the plastic. I have had many people comment that this combined with Revlon Colorstay gives excellent coverage and still looks natural. You have to give it a try!

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 5/10/2010 3:26:00 AM More reviews by IdetteB

Age: 30-35 Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

So, I've been eyeing this product for nearly 2 years because of the raves on here....yet everytime i wandered over to the section of Walgreens I would just pick it up and put it right back down...mostly because of the strong fragrance. I recall hearing there was a unscented one but I've never seen it. Finally after finishing my last translucent powder...I picked it up. I have been using it for 2 months now and I seriously want to stock up because I don't want to be without it...It totally smooths out my face without being cakey. I have dry sensitive skin and this does not irritate or accentuate dryness. I am actually starting to get used to smell to the point that I think I actually LIKE it....

7 out of 7 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 2 of 5 top reviewer on 3/28/2010 11:38:00 PM More reviews by Miaoudeminou

I have tried both the translucent & the translucent extra coverage. I really wanted to like this because of the high reviews & how cheap this is ($7 for 2.3oz).

Pros:
-Keeps foundation on all day
-finish is wonderful & doesn't cake
-wonderful coverage (tried the extra coverage alone and would make a great powder foundation except the reasons below)

Cons:
-packaging (it gets all over the place EASILY)
-color selection; this is my biggest complaint. There needs to be something in there for the olive and neutral skinned women because this comes in only pink/orange.

Coty: If you read this at all you need to put this in a compact (a.k.a pressed powder) AND make a larger shade selection. If you did these two things then women everywhere would probably use this as their holy grail powder.