Coty airspun loose face powder translucent extra coverage

4.4

Shade reference: NC 15 (NC20 during the summer), and I wear 070-41 in this. Really does provide extra coverage. I wear this over my Revlon CS liq comb/oily fndt in Buff using an Ecotools kabuki to apply. Just poreless!! And as with any powder, I dip, tap, and pat it gently around my eyes with a eyeshadow brush (such as NYX B13) for application perfection on my aging skin. Provides extra coverage for my dark under eye circles without ugly cake-up or settling into fin/e lines. And the light scent reminds me of warm memories of years ago... watching my grandma apply this over her Oil of Olay lotion. She always had such flawless skin! The amount you get in the cute container is insanely generous! I don't care about the film really. I just poke a few holes in it and shake into a clean lid what I need each use. Doesn't get all over the place this way. I will repurchase....if I ever run out.

EDIT 12/19/12: I now use Estee Lauder Double Wear liquid foundation in Bone 17 1W1....after I apply Clinique Dramatically Different Moisturizing Lotion + MAC Strobe Cream. Then, when I use this powder, I use it only on my t-zone (except my nose). The reason for the foundation switch? I found I needed one that was more yellow than Revlon Buff (as Buff is more neutral).

on 12/11/2010 7:51:00 PM

This is the first item that has ever inspired me to write a review.

For me, this stuff is total HG status.
I have previously tried MUFE's Super Matte Loose Powder and Palladio Rice Powder, but this stuff blows them out of the water. MUFE's Matte Powder never gave me the truly poreless, oil free results I needed, and Palladio's Rice Powder is nice but doesn't give the same coverage that this does.

This product makes me stay matte ALL day! I applied it this morning over my Revlon ColorStay (another HG) and it is still perfect after a day of shopping. I pat it on t-zone and cheeks with some makeup puffs that I bought at Wal-Mart and then use the puff that comes with it to sort of blend everything together.

I've been using it for the last 4 or 5 days and I haven't seen any emerging breakouts, but I'll update if a crisis occurs.

I recommend 100%!

on 11/22/2010 5:15:00 AM

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Warm

Hair: Red, Straight, Coarse

I bought this on a whim at CVS one night because it was cheap and you got a lot of product for the price.

First off, the packaging (I bought it before they changed it to plastic) was less than stellar, but I did like the Victorian-style powder puffs on it, so I ended up transferring it into a wooden box I had. The smell reminds me of an old lady, which I don't mind, and seeing as it fades after about five minutes, wouldn't be a con even if I didn't like it. Now, I have very oily acne-prone skin and as far as I know, this never broke me out. (I still had horrid breakouts, but that was because the water where I lived was similar to pool water, horrid. It made my hair feel like straw and my skin look like I got attacked by bees.)

It does keep the shine away for a good while, and it has very pink undertones, so it fits my skin color perfectly. The only complaint I have is that it doesn't come in deeper colors, even if I'm as pale as paper, I can see this being a problem for people with darker skin. So, not a personal problem, but it may be for others.

on 11/10/2010 5:37:00 PM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Cool

Hair: Blond, Straight, Medium

I like this stuff and it is now HG status for me. I use it alone or over foundation. It helps my make up stay all day, I never have a problem with my make up wearing off. Sets foundation perfectly and when I wear it alone it looks very natural. Light weight, this is the perfect stuff for me.
Please see my complete review of this product under its Coty Airspun Loose Powder to get all the info I have on this product, this is the shade I buy, but the full review is under the general name.

on 11/2/2010 12:28:00 AM

Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Warm

Love this stuff! I use it to set my foundation. I've been trying to find that perfect product to control my oil and give me an airbrush finish, who knew it would come so cheap? I have crazy redness and pores that I try to cover up.. I use a light layer of liquid foundation and buff it out. Then, I take a large powder brush and apply this all over... It's amazing how smooth your face feels afterwards! And it stays matte for about 3-5 hours, depending on the heat. The only bad thing about this is the packaging, I threw away the puff because I don't like using those.. The stuff gets everywhere if you're not careful, watch out! There is so much product, so spilling doesn't really matter too much. Try it out, for $5.67 you can't go wrong! Oh, and it smells like my grandma, which doesn't bother me too much. :]

on 9/27/2010 8:22:00 AM

Skin: Very Dry, Fair, Cool

Hair: Black, Curly, Coarse

Well, thanks to MUA, I tried this powder. Saw it at Walmart for $5.67 and figured, what the heck let me try it for the inexpensive price.
The package has been changed, and actually, it works out quite well. As the packaging is big, there is plenty of room to swirl your huge powder brush and have room for the fallout.
The scent, well...it is rather old-ladyish, (oh no..I AM an old lady--LOL)
but it dissapates after a bit.
Coverage is spot on. I actually did an experiment--I had an old bare minerals veil lying about and did half of my face with Bare and half with the Coty. I liked the Coty better. So, I'm now using the Coty for everyday and using my CoverFX powder for special occasions.
I will say that you need to use a very light touch with this stuff, but--hey, it works. My face doesn't feel dry and powdery--it doesn't look dry and powdery and it sets my make-up just lovely!

on 8/24/2010 10:28:00 PM

Hair: Brunette, Curly, Coarse

I love this stuff! I know this stuff has been around forever, and I have passed by it many times thinking that it's a cheap old lady's powder. But then I started seeing reviews, and hearing people praise about this. So I picked this one up awhile ago. I don't like the smell, it is very old lady like, and it doesn't really go away, you just kind of have to get used to it, but that's the only con. The packaging I have must be newer, because it's plastic, with a sifter. It's not cardboard like I've always seen. You get a lot of product for about $5. I'm so glad I got the extra coverage formula vs. the other ones, because I have reddness that needs to be covered up. I don't have to wear foundation with this! This has enough coverage to cover up any problems I have! And it looks flawless! This is also the only product that I have ever used that keeps my skin oil free the longest, maybe 4 hours before I have to blot! Love this stuff!

This is going to sound over-the-top impossible but, trust me. Many years ago someone told me about this trick and it works. Instead of applying the powder over your liquid foundation, you apply it first, then foundation. Using a cotton ball, pat the powder liberally over your clean, non-greasy moisturized face, then, with a clean puff, stroke downward to remove excess. Next, and this is crucial, dot on an oil-free, MUST be oil-free, liquid foundation and blend. The result is a poreless, flawless complexion. Even though my skin tends towards dryness, this method doesn't seem to dry it out. I've only tried this method with Coty but it may work with other loose powders.

on 8/21/2010 10:25:00 PM

I LOVE THIS! Yes, it's a) old- fashioned, b) smells like old-lady perfume, c) has cumbersome packaging, d) and it's not very transportable. What I do is initially poke several small holes in the plastic covering over the powder. put the lid back on, shake, and remove the lid. Then I swirl in a big puffy brush and brush it all over my face. The translucent does have a faint pinkish tint, but isn't noticeable (on me), and the result is pretty much flawless coverage of shine.

on 8/14/2010 1:18:00 AM

Skin: Acne-prone, Other, Not Sure

i am sooooo oily and this is GREAT for oily girls like me! this is the only powder that has kept me oil free for at least 4 hours before needing to blot. many times, I am actually able to go 5 hours sometimes without needing to blot my face. WOWW! i was using makeup forever powder mattifying but that would only last for 2 or 3 hours before needing to blot. also, when the oil does shine through, its not a full on oil fest, but more of a slow emerging oil leak on ur face (great comparison, yeah?). downside is that i think it may have caused some extra pimples, but could have just been coincidence. overall, great product.