April 19, 2014 | 884 users online

Foundations - Faerie Organic Mineral Makeup

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 9/1/2009 10:02:00 AM More reviews by besidetheocean

I've only used this product twice so far, so I'll update later on if anything changes. As of right now I love this makeup! I ordered a sample kit which included 3 different shades of mineral foundation, the mineral veil and a bronzer. Medium Beige matches my skin perfectly. I know everyone says this but it really feels like I'm wearing no makeup whatsoever. I have to keep checking in the mirror to make sure it's still there. I love the coverage I get from liquid foundation but hate the feeling that my skin can't breathe. Faerie Organic is very light and breathable while still providing decent coverage. I did have to use a tiny bit of liquid foundation to cover some trouble spots first, but that's to be expected with any mineral foundation. It looks more like good skin than good makeup. Since my skin is so sensitive I love that it's natural with the least amount of ingredients possible. I will continue to use my samples and I'm sure I will purchase the full size product when the time comes. On a side note, their Sun Goddess bronzer mixed with Wet n' Wild Fine Wink eyeshadow is the perfect pinkish gold shimmery color for eyes. Very pretty.

UPDATE: I did purchase the full size and loved it but it might have caused a breakout. :( I think if anything it was probably the mica. I hate it though, because otherwise I love everything about this makeup. Since I'm not 100% positive it was the foundation I'll give it another shot in the future. I only took it down one lippie because like I said, otherwise this makeup is fantastic.

rated 5 of 5 on 7/12/2009 10:43:00 PM More reviews by joojoobe

I love faerie organic! BE made me break out, but not Faerie organic. you can sleep in it, and you will still not break out.
Leaves you with a nice glow, and has good staying power.

the skin care line is also great. Very natural, highquality products. I love it!

rated 5 of 5 on 5/4/2009 12:56:00 PM More reviews by gardengal2

I luv Faerie Organic! I have had terrible acne for years. I have used everything from proactive, murad, drugstore brands and even products recommended by my dermatologist. All have failed me miserably, I still broke out, sometimes worse than others. I tried faerie organics original foundation in medium beige and have been using it for a month and my face has cleared so much! ( I also recently started their skincare) I am down to an occasional pimple instead of the rash of pimples across my cheeks. I have used BE (bare escentuals) in the past and it made me very itchy due to the bismuth ingredient. I love that they do not use bismuth and the very barest of ingredients. You must try them you won't be dissapointed! I highly recommend for those with acne. It is the best I have used.

*I must comment on "LOVELYISNTLOVE 's" comment. I thought this lady must be crazy as there is no way she broke out from Faerie's products, then I read her other reviews.........PEOPLE READ HER OTHER REVIEWS! She left the same feedback for faerieorganics giving her acne and everyday minerals giving her acne only 1 MINUTE apart on the same day!!!! I hate that people like this are allowed to comment as they can really keep people who need real reviews from getting the products they need. I say get the free sample kit and you will see for yourself!

rated 5 of 5 on 5/3/2009 10:38:00 PM More reviews by eve_ecs

I've gone through two waves of mineral makeup testing obsession, about 18 months apart. I've tried foundations from: lauress, everyday minerals, joppa, pure luxe, earthen glow, larenim, bare escentuals (god awful), jane iredale (only slightly less so), alima pure, barefaced minerals, meow cosmetics and uglogirl.

There were some strong HG contenders in that group, but nothing made me as happy as fearie organic original. I had to lay around with the colors until I found a perfect match with a blend of 75% fair & 25% fairly light.

I love the way this becomes almost invisible on my face. It gives me the look that all foundations should: my skin, but better. The coverage is buildable, but I like to take it up to a medium. Oh, and it last all day with just the lightest dusting of mineral finishing powder (mine is not from faerie).

I should mention that I'm now on accutane (fairly low dose), and as long as I apply this to a well moisturized face, it does not make my skin look dry or flaky.

rated 5 of 5 on 4/22/2009 6:46:00 PM More reviews by winian

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Coarse Eyes: Green

Mineral makeup is so popular right now, there are so many different kinds on the market! It makes it very difficult to choose a quality brand. I've tried many different ones, from the cheapest to the very pricey. Faerie Organics is hands down the best I've found, and at an affordable price! Their celebrity airbrush finish delivers what it promises. With my acne prone skin I want the least amount of ingredients possible, and a complete coverage, this offers both. And my skin loves me for it!

rated 5 of 5 on 3/30/2009 11:06:00 PM More reviews by hoangnguyenh

Age: 19-24 Skin: Dry, Olive, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

Wow, for long until I see a good product, I hope it is organic as it claims. Follow instruction sheet when put it on. Wow, natural make up. I am impressed.

I am asian, I use light shade, order sample first, they will send you a package of different shades to try. Go for a lighter shade and you will be happy. remember, go for lighter shade

Try it, you will like it.

rated 5 of 5 on 2/3/2009 12:27:00 PM More reviews by Just2Cute72

Age: 36-43 Skin: Oily, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Brown

I ordered a sample to see if i would like it. I tried BE and i HATED it so i was leary of this one too. But its sooo much better. Great coverage, lasts all day.

rated 5 of 5 on 1/20/2009 10:45:00 AM More reviews by MakeupGalinCO

I too have to say that I love this mineral makeup. I have used alot and this is one of the best ones I have tried. No irritating ingredients and no breakouts, plus has good, natural coverage. I will keep buying this.

rated 5 of 5 on 11/18/2008 12:09:00 PM More reviews by Peaches27

I would have never found this stuff, had it not been for me visiting a random skincare messageboard. Anyway, I was in search of a new mineral makeup since so many of them have Bismuth and some other irrititating ingredients. I wanted something that wouldn't break out my acne prone, dry skin and I think I have finally found it.
Here is an excerpt from their website: http://www.faerieorganic.com/id71.html
**Because they are naturally anti-inflammatory, they will not clog pores and inflame acne or roseacia prone skin and due to the Boron Nitride which is anti-bacterial they have shown to actually help heal acne. They do not contain any: Talc, Chemicals, Bismuth Oxychloride, preservatives and they are dye free. They have natural occuring SPF and are widely promoted by dermatologists and are shown to be gentle enough for even most sensitive, allergy prone skin.
They send out free samples, you just have to pay shipping- worth a shot.