July 30, 2014 | 1530 users online

Treatments (Face) - 3M - Nexcare Acne Patch

rated 5 of 5 on 4/6/2012 8:32:00 AM More reviews by graci3

Age: 19-24 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Brown, Wavy, Coarse Eyes: Black

I absolutely love these, since I have acne prone skin. They work the best on pimples that you have popped. Even though I know you're not supposed to, somehow I feel that they heal quicker if I pop the and put this sticker on. The sticker sucks out any remaining junk in the pore, and you know it worked if the sticker turns from clear-yellow to a opaque white color. It's true that they won't really work on a deep cystic pimple. I'm not sure where you can buy them in the US though, I always have relatives get them for me from Asia.

rated 5 of 5 on 2/28/2012 6:57:00 AM More reviews by chynnadoll21

Age: 30-35 Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Black, Other, Medium Eyes: Black

Thanks MUA for the reviews on this. I'd bought a small packet out of curiosity but had forgotten about it till I read the raves about it online. Needless to say I came back here I check out what the MUA community had to say about it. Happy, I gave it a try. And I'm glad I did. Don't expect it to clear up acne or anything, but it does what it's supposed to do. Sucks the sebum out overnight. Leaves the spot visibly flattened and easier to heal with your topical treatment afterwards. Great for spots you don't wanna pop for fear of scarring. I pierce the tip of the zit (which has formed a head) and stick the patch on.

Also, I dunno if anyone else has experienced zits which, once popped (& emptied) fills up again the next day?? Well for me, I found that this patch helped to draw out the pus which made it easier to extract with just a tissue and light pressure.

So for the price, it's a great product. I'm just not sure about the hygiene since once you break the seal, there's not much else. Also over time, I'm wondering if the product'll dry out?

Other than that, great! And cheap to try. Sounds gimmicky but actually works!!

rated 5 of 5 on 10/17/2011 3:00:00 AM More reviews by hikuto

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Medium, Warm Hair: Black, Other, Medium Eyes: Brown

I really like using this on my acnes as it really helps to suck up that nasty stuff.

What I like about them is that they cover the acne sucking up the yucky stuff, but at the same time it protects it from stuff that may aggravate my acne (making it less painful). This is especially true when I sleep as I tend to roll a bit.

I do have to say thro, it only really work its wonders when your acne has that white head to it and feels like it'll burst. It however won't help acnes that are below the surface of your skin =(

rated 5 of 5 on 9/22/2011 4:40:00 AM More reviews by eMruss20

Age: 19-24 Skin: Dry, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

Holy Guacamole! These things are fantastic! I will definately keep purchasing these. I suffer from cystic acne a little bit on my chin and it takes about 2 days for them to go away (much better than months and months)! This product is highly recommended!

rated 5 of 5 on 9/5/2011 12:37:00 AM More reviews by eshta

Age: 30-35 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I canīt live without these!
Even if I only get the occational pimple now and then,I always keep these in stock-
whenever one show itīs ugly head I stick on one of these and they are somehow magically flattened out overnight;the mark can easily be covered(for severe acne problems itīs best to consult a derm,of course)

rated 5 of 5 on 6/2/2011 1:33:00 AM More reviews by ANGELACUNG

This is my holy grail to getting through college. It works magic on pimples. I get one of these babies out when I pop a pimple. Even if I get all the "pus" out, there's more that you can't squeeze out and these little patches vacuum EVERYTHING out by the next morning. INVEST IN THESE

rated 4 of 5 on 3/8/2011 5:17:00 AM More reviews by m_a_a_n

Age: 25-29 Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Curly, Medium Eyes: Brown

Amazing! :) Great product for ready-to-pop pimples.

This sucks out the bad stuff pretty well. Pricking the pus-filled pimple with a sterile needle will be helpful. and to be effective on some spots, you would have to wear this 2 nights in a row.

Still hoping that they would invent a truly invisible product to be worn during the day time.

Update: 5/12/2013 - I'm still loving these! It's not available where I live... but I hoard (10++ boxes) whenever I travel to Hong Kong :) I even got the courage to wear this during day time. Haha. As long as it drains the pus and flattens the acne then I'm all good.

8 out of 8 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 on 3/2/2011 11:53:00 AM More reviews by jenncherie

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Cool Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

These are hydrocolloid patches that I have used for years on burns and acne wounds. After squeezing, if you are left with an open wound that dries on the surface, but is still oozing on the inside (gross, I know), I find it takes much longer to heal, and I can't stop myself from picking at them! These patches absorb the moisture from the wound, but stop it from drying out, so that it heals quickly, and with less scarring. I find pimples lose their swelling overnight if I put this on straight after squeezing, so that the next day, I can just cover the reddish mark with concealer. I keep my patches in a sealed zipper bag to make ensure they don't dry out. Brilliant product, not costly, and I will keep repurchasing!

8 out of 8 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 8/6/2010 3:45:00 PM More reviews by solai

Age: 25-29 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Cool Hair: Blond, Straight, Fine Eyes: Blue

Ever squeezed a zit and it went all wrong? Bleeding, broken skin, damage. This is when the Nexcare acne dressing/patch will save you. I had a horrible zit just like that and normally an icky, crusty scab would form. I put an acne patch on it and left it overnight. During the night, the patch had turned white and when I took it off, no scab! Just even skin and a red area where the damage was - fantastic!

You should use this after you squeeze a zit and it'll heal perfectly and quicker without any scabbing or flaking. It won't shrink zits if you haven't squeezed the gunk out, though.

4 out of 7 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 1/29/2010 9:51:00 AM More reviews by KaiserMimiVII

I have plenty of creams and medication for keeping acne at bay, but when a nasty zit (the kind where you can clearly see the white pus) does arise, this is my HG treatment.
These little stickers are slightly tacky- but not stickers like you of them (you know, sticky paper that's shiny on one side) but more like solidified gel that is water soluble.
The best way to make this work for you, is to use them on a zit that you're tempted to pop, but you know you shouldn't. At night, after you've cleansed your face, gently blot it dry with a towel and before all the water dries off your face, take a sticker and stick it on the zit. It's a bit hard to tell which side is supposed to be the sticky side, but if you peel away the two sheets of plastic, the side that is still clinging to the plastic is the side you want. Use your finger to hold it down on the zit for a moment, the heat from your fingers and the left over moisture from washing will help it stick (too wet, and it'll slide off).
The next morning, when you peel it off, you should notice that the sticker has sucked up the pus (disgusting, I know). In fact, if you look at the sticker itself closely, you can see the white liquid absorbed into the sticker (which by now should be a less solid and a little more gel like). The pimple should definitely be reduced in size, and I find that they are usually less red and irritated as well.
This is best suited for people who occasionally get a big pus filled zit, not those who get cystic acne (there's no fluids it can come in contact with to suck out) or those who have moderate to severe acne.
If you can, find a friend in Asia to send you some- it's much cheaper there than it is to purchase it online.

13 out of 13 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No