Hourglass Veil Mineral Primer SPF 15

3.8

Active Ingredients: Zinc Oxide 4.20%, Titanium Dioxide 2.45%. Other Ingredients: Cyclopentasiloxane, Isododecane, Polysilicone-11, Polymethylsilsesquioxane, Hexyl Laurate, Peg-10 Dimethicone, Polyglyceryl-4 Isosterate, Stearic Acid, Alumina

on 2/24/2015 6:39:00 AM

love it find it a little expensive but seeing it comes in different sizes makes it more affordable!

on 2/23/2015 1:28:00 PM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Warm

I first tried this about a year ago as a sample and concluded then that it was too rich/ moisturizing/ greasy for my combination skin. Fast forward to now. I pulled this sample out again as I have been trying new primers because my old standby was not getting the job done. My skin has gone from combo to closer to normal as I have aged a bit.

I applied the primer over moisturizer, waited and put on my foundation. Yowza! Did I ever look good. I felt like I'd been photoshopped with one of those glowy filters that makes you look younger. I gave it a few hours , and it did not break bad on me. I was afraid I'd be an oil slick by noon and was not.

This may be the best primer I've used, and I've used a lot- Laura Mercier, Lorac, Smashbox, Lancome and a few others.

I recommend this for those with normal to dry skin, particularly those with aging skin. This made my makeup more luminous and it resisted settling into those fine lines. If you have oily or combo skin you should skip this product or use it only on your non- oily areas.

My rating on the packaging is meaningless. I used a sample. Unfortunatey MUA makes us rate it. Likewise the price tho since it is Hourglass I assume it is pricey.

I am very happy I gave this a second chance.

on 2/19/2015 3:41:00 PM

This primer makes my foundation last all day! However it doesn't do much else. I like to use benefit professional under neath it. Great combo. A little too pricey though.

on 2/15/2015 8:35:00 PM

Skin: Combination, Olive, Warm

Hair: Black, Straight, Coarse

I got the travel sized version to test it out after hearing rave reviews by Youtubers I love. I've used this every so often for about a month now, with different foundations, and I'm barely halfway into it. A pump can cover most of my face. I have combo skin.

*Price: High. Its a luxury brand so it's understandable.
*Packaging: Gorgeous glass bottle that really feels expensive. I love the pump and the fact that you can see how much product you have left. I imagine it'll break if it's dropped, though.
*Product: Feels so light and smooth, it's white but doesn't blend out clear. It kinda goes pearlescent? It's hard to explain. Doesn't have a strong smell from what I remember. It melts into the skin pretty nicely and hasn't broken me out.
*Positives: It does prolong the wear of my foundations, from the thicker, matte formulas to the sheer, dewy ones. It keeps blush and bronzer from fading and feels like nothing on the skin. I did notice that it helped hide my pores - not completely, but it did help some.
*Negatives: Did not control my oils. I have an extremely oily nose that I did not expect it to help at all, but my forehead and cheeks do get a little shiny during the day, and it did nothing to prevent that.

It feels luxurious and is great for some people, but didn't wow me enough to make me want to repurchase. I'm sure I can find a better primer that suits my skin's needs. I'm glad I don't love it, to be honest, because that price tag is insane!

on 2/11/2015 10:00:00 AM

Hair: Black, Straight, Coarse

I have combination skin type with oily T zone. I purchased the travel size a month ago to test out the product and I am so glad I did.

The primer is very runny and often seems separated, I shake it as well as I could before application, but it's still very runny. I normally apply a basic moisturizer first, then the primer, it glides on my skin nicely and it does keep the T zone matte, but it drys out my skin quite a bit as well, especially on my cheeks. I don't like the finish on me at all.

If you have really oily skin, this primer maybe suite you better. I will not repurchase. For the price, there must be something else work better for me.

on 2/7/2015 2:35:00 AM

I wish I didn't like this primer so much, but it really lives up to the hype! A SA at Sephora used this on me during a custom makeover, and when she tried to get me to buy it, I told her I already owned other primers. However, after a several hour photoshoot, my makeup looked just as flawless as it did at the beginning and I was sold.

I recently used Mineral Veil primer under my makeup for a very important, all-day interview, and my makeup stayed on from 5:30am to when I washed it off 12 hours later. Most primers and/or mattifiers leave my T-zone still shiny by mid-day, but when I wear Mineral Veil, it really does a great job of keeping my skin matte, yet natural-looking.

I've tried it under my two main bases, Bobbi Brown BB cream and Marc Jacobs Genius Gel, and both have such longer lasting power when I wear Mineral Veil Primer underneath than just foundation alone.

Hourglass Mineral Veil Primer comes in an easy-to-use pump that dispenses the white, milky primer that can only be described as a miracle product. It is SPF 15, feels silky light going on, and keeps your makeup looking amazing for hours on end. The only downside is that it costs $52 for 1 oz., which is quite ridiculous, but if you only use it on special occasions, buying the travel size ($18 for 0.33 oz) is a little more palatable. This is a very expensive HG for me.

Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Cool

I had such high expectations for this. And it did deliver, at first. Makeup looked utterly flawless on top of it, and it did seem to last a lot longer on me. The problem came after the first few uses. The product kept separating. I always shook it before using it, but it never seemed to mix back together. I literally spent an entire minute shaking it, and I'd still only get a milky liquid whenever I pumped it. This went on so many times, during a couple months or so, until I realised just how goddamn low on product I was - which really is where I stopped being sad over it and just got mad.

I have foundations I have been using daily for months that still have 80%+ product left, while my Mineral Veil is probably down to its last 15 or 20% - thanks to all my attempts at remixing it and pumping to see if it worked. My mom brought it to me from the States, and when I first opened the box I could see it had leaked a lot.

I went back a handful of pages and googled it before, and couldn't find someone having a similar problem. I do believe I was just ridiculously unlucky and got a faulty product. But I'm most definitely not willing to spend $50 on something that I'm not absolutely sure will work for me.

on 2/3/2015 2:55:00 PM

Hair: Brunette, Curly, Medium

I cannot leave the house without this. I'm fortunate to have pretty great skin, except for some occasional redness. Hourglass evens out my skin tone so well that I can skip foundation. It keeps my skin looking fresh and my makeup in place all day at work, which is no small feat: I bartend for 6-12 hours a shift, and things can get a little, uh, sweaty. The only beef I have with this product is that it takes a huge chunk out of my wallet; however, I've tried less expensive primers and they really can't compare to Hourglass. Fortunately, they offer a smaller size if you want to try it out without coughing up too much money.

Skin: Sensitive, Medium, Not Sure

Firstly let me start of by saying I NEED my makeup to stay put for at least eight hours whilst I'm at school, touch ups is extra hassle. This primer did exactly that, although foundations do generally stay on my skin for a decent amount of time. I love it, it feels silky and Hourglass products are so luxurious and awesome. But it's so costly and I'd feel guilty splurging out. To be honest, whilst it's awesome and all, Benefit's Porefessional, NARS Oil Free Primer and Rimmel's Stay Matte all do the same thing for me with Rimmel's product relatively cheap! So I would not purchase.

on 1/21/2015 2:56:00 AM

Hair: Blond, Relaxed, Medium

This product has a lot of hype around it so I had wanted to try it for a long time. When I finally did, I was a bit underwhelmed. I found the primer didn't work well on any dry patches I had and didn't control oil that amazingly. I mean it did control it but I expected more. And by the end of the day my face/foundation looked very dry and dull.

I think this primer would work better on oily skin or if you aren't wearing your makeup for a long time. For me, it's not amazing and definitely not worth the money.

Popular Primer/ Correctors